This was just a book club kit and did not include the book. I have not read the book so I this was useless to me.

Fantastic kit for use in book club meetings. We struggle with discussing the book (we usually say a few worked about it and then start chatting about anything in general) and this will help us to stay on track.

This is a really great resource to use while reading the book. It gives a lot of background and insight into the era that the story takes place. Very helpful!

Im giving this 3⭐ it was really nice to the book in some other way if it was the doll or the play list and the other thing the we in this it was really nice to see the

🍄‍🟫📖Gloriously gothic and eerily atmospheric! I loved every creepy sinister macabre moment. Bizarre is an understatement, it got more grotesque the further I read. I really appreciated the feisty fmc’s ability to stay strong and undeterred despite such claustrophobic decaying decadence. This was a unique gothic novel that twisted into naturalistic horror, repulsive but relatively tame. I chose this book during National Hispanic Heritage Month but it was also perfect for spooky season! Sylvia Moreno-Garcia is such a talented author who uses a wide vocabulary which I enjoy immensely. The fact that this book has a Spotify playlist makes it even better. I cannot wait for the streaming series to be released! Thanks to this book I have added all of Moreno-Garcia’s titles to my TBR!!!📚

Many thanks to the publisher for a review copy via Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

I didn't realize this was just a book club kit! Was the first book I requested, before I realized how Netgalley worked.

This Book Club Kit contains discussion questions, a letter from the author, a playlist as well as a paper cut out doll designed to accompany a book club meeting about Mexican Gothic. I really liked the interactive elements of this kit for example the playlist and dress up doll as these really help to bring the book to life. I particularly enjoyed the playlist and think it would be fun to have it playing in the background of the meeting to mirror the atmosphere of the book.

My only complaint is that I found some of the author segments extremely wordy and the text was presented as a thick block of text which was quite off-putting. I also think it would be difficult to have conversations surrounding these pages as there is too much information to try and digest in a short period of time during a book club meeting.

If you’ve read this book and are looking for resources to help lead conversation about it, this is for you! A great tool, and I would recommend!

Thank You Penguin Random House for allowing me to review this ARC. This book was outside of my normal genre's I read. This was a good book has a slow start to me but it picked up. We love a book club and this one is intresting!

“The world might indeed be a cursed circle; the snake swallowed its tail and there could be no end, only an eternal ruination and endless devouring.”

TW: incest, gaslighting, honestly so many weird things I don’t know how to describe.

Noemi is sent to check on her cousin, Catalina, after she sends a frantic letter to the family that causes concern.

Noemi reaches High Place where Catalina lives with her his and his family and they have strict rules but Noemi is stubborn and not afraid to fight.

Catalina is clearly not well and Noemi wants to take her home.

This book was on my shelf for way too long. It’s so spooky and a perfect horror read to get your spooky season started.

The setting is it’s own character snd gives me subtle Rebecca vibes. I give this book 🌟🌟🌟🌟.

This Kit would be very valuable to someone hosting a book club for Mexican Gothic. It includes an interview with the author where she discusses the setting of the book and how it may be inconsistent with the stereotypical idea of Mexico and the British influences on the country. A discussion of the idea of what is "gothic" would also be deepened with context provided in this Kit, as well as the general discussion questions about the book. There are also paper dolls of Noemi's iconic looks for printing and cutting that would make such a fun book club activity!

I loved Mexican Gothic, so the discussion questions were really useful for thinking about the book and drawing my conclusions.

This kit delves into the history of the Gothic novel and also has fun add-ons like paper dolls. Adding this kit to a book club meeting would help facilitate conversations and make for an entertaining activity.

Full of interesting prompts, and wonderfully aesthetically pleasing. The playlist was full of songs I absolutely love, which is very nice to see.

Imagine, your cousin that you used to party with suddenly marries a wealthy white dude, and then one day you get a letter equivalent to "HELP ME." When you get there you quickly discover that there is something very off about your cousin's new family, and you aren't leaving until you find out what is underneath the masks these people wear.
This book left me feeling so unsettled.
Some of the horror elements were truly disturbing for my mind.
The writing was also great, very detailed without being to too dry.
There were some choices with romantic elements that I am not a fan of.
I also discovered that horror is not a preferred genre for me.

We enjoyed the book and had some very great discussions! My friend said she’d stick to her romcoms though..

Was so excited to read this book. I'm a bit late to the party, but Silvia Moreno-Garcia is an amazing addition to my "favorite" authors. Neomi leaves to the countryside in Mexico to help her cousin, just wed, and now in the throws of paranoia. The house is a perfect gothic setting due to Moreno-Garcia's detailed description of the "haunted" - well, just like you are there, and once in that house with Neomi the house is certainly haunted and more.

I think I would label this book as haunted, twisted, beautiful and to be read with the lights on. Silvia Moreno-Garcia beautifully weaves such wonderfully descriptive detail among the gothic horror that this book flows from beginning to end. While reading it seems that you might want to tip toe through as not to disturb the ghosts. And the end, you won't see that coming....

Thank you to NetGalley for a chance to read this book for an unbiased review.

This book club kit is great! It's always nice to have a list of discussion questions for groups - it helps carry the conversation, especially if it's a quiet bunch of readers. For Mexican Gothic, this kit goes into the history or Mexico and how the setting is based on a real location. This kit is not only great for conversation, but the historical piece is interesting and educational. The best part about this kit? The soundtrack! I love it when authors create a soundtrack based on the book. Lastly, there is a unique activity idea included! You'll have to read it to find out. :)

I appreciate the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book club kit in exchange for an honest review.

The Book Club Kit for Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno Garcia is a great read along for the book, and the questions it has for the readers, makes them take a step back and really contemplate what it is they just read, instead of what most people tend to do which is dread it quickly and let it pass right through without having quite grasped what the author was trying to relay. And to help bring the visualization of Noemi to life, the creator of the book club kit put together a paper doll with several different changes of clothes from the 1950s that she would have worn, giving Noemi more character.

A cute and interactive resource for bookclub readers. The discussion questions made for inciteful discource and the interactive elements brought fun to a gothic setting.