Cover Image: Churro and the Magician

Churro and the Magician

Thanks to NetGalley & Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children's Book Group for the early copy in exchange for an honest review.

A hilarious and wordless graphic novel focusing on a rabbit who has a magic wand. Churro ends up creating wacky chaos throughout the town with his magic.

The illustrations were really cute and effective and communicating the story despite the lack of words. This will definitely be a hit with younger kids getting into graphic novels.
What a delightful book!  When the bunny misses the school bus, the fun begins.  My younger elementary school students will love this book.  As a teaching tool, the idea of creativity abounds.,
Churro's imagination is limitless and he is so clever.  The illustrations are so beautifully crafted and vivid.  Readers will  especially love how one idea segues into the next.  Churro and his escapades are so much fun!
Churro the bunny misses the school bus, steals a magician’s wand, and begins transforming everything he sees, with hilarious results. The adorable wordless illustrations of his mischievous antics were delightfully silly and charming. I loved this.

This book would be a great pick for any age - definitely recommending this for purchase at my elementary school library.

(IG review @leavemetomybooks will be posted closer to pub date and link will be added)
At the start of this engaging wordless graphic novel, Churro misses the school bus and, instead, heads to a magic show.  He is immediately drawn to the magician, his wand and the spells he casts on various objects. When the magician accidental loses his wand as he is leaving the show, Churro grabs it and begins a fun adventure. He later realizes that there are consequences to his actions.
Easy to follow illustrations make this a great book for young readers. I found myself smiling as I quickly turned the pages. My seven year old son also enjoyed it.  This would be a perfect book to share with my students. It makes the reader use their imagination and has an open ended conclusion which encourages predicting. Thank you NetGalley for a digital copy of this childrens book!