Cover Image: The Cookie Bible

The Cookie Bible

Disclaimer: Received this as an advance reader copy via Netgalley and Mariner Books (Thank you!!!)

This is an epic cookie tome with a multitude of color photographs and if you love cookies and baking, then this book belongs in your collection.

The recipes themselves include clear step-by-step instructions, and for a few of the more complicated recipes, like Puff Pastry and Macaroons, Rose Levy Beranbaum includes more detailed instructions with pictures. I would have appreciated more of these step-by-step pictorials but it's already a huge book with over 400 pages so I can understand why there aren't. After each recipe, the author also includes "Baking Gems", which are tips to help ensure your cookie making adventure is a success.

I loved all the pictures showing what the baked cookie should look like. I wish that they had included pictures for all the cookies, and for the photos with multiple cookies, some listed the cookie names and some did not, hopefully the final version will be consistent and list all the cookie types.

Almost every recipe has a headnote providing it's inspiration or source, along with some details about the cookie itself. I noted the author has an awful lot of favorites, but who could fault her for that, cookies are a wonderful thing!
I tried a recipe and tasted wonderful this book would be a great add to a lover of sweets personally as fellow pastry chef I can recommend this book with great easy to follow recipes and wonderful pictures.
Good cookie recipes; I made the Oatmeal Cookies and was highly pleased with the results. This would be an excellent cookbook for beginners. June is upon us; this would make lovely shower gifts with cookie cutters, a few pretty tea towels in a basket, and there you are with the perfect gift!
I highly recommend. Thank you, #Netgalley #TheCookieBible
carolintallahassee
Anyone who bakes needs to own this book from Baranbaum. Her “Bible” baking series is a gold standard and this comprehensive and impressive addition is no exception.
My mother had an old copy of Betty Crocker’s Cooky Book in her kitchen, and I can remember pouring over it, marveling at the different types of cookies. It was outdated, though, and desperately in need of an update.

Rose Levy Beranbaum has created something even better, with cookies galore and detailed information for any beginning baker. If you know nothing about making cookies, you will after picking up a copy of The Cookie Bible. Besides having all of the information you could ever need to learn how to bake, the book contains full color photos and detailed instructions for every cookie. My favourite part of the book is that Beranbaum has included tables for the ingredients. Each table has columns for ingredients, volume measurements (cups, teaspoons, etc.), and massed measurements (weights in grams for each ingredient). This is the only cookbook I have ever seen with tables like this, and frankly it makes me swoon a little.

My only hope is that the author might consider making a food allergen version of The Cookie Bible.

Disclaimer: A copy of this book was provided by the publisher.
The Cookie Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum is by far the best, most comprehensive cookie recipe book I have ever seen.  I have a library of over 200 cookbooks and several dedicated just to cookies.  I think every kind of cookie there is is in this book.  Beautifully illustrated with mouthwatering pictures.  Easy to understand directions assure you will bake great cookies.  I especially love the tips & tricks section for each cookie,  I learned a lot of new things and I have been baking for 57 years!  I can’t wait for this to be published so I can get my own personal hard copy and add it to my library.  This is a must have cookbook.  Thank you to NetGalley and Mariner Books for the opportunity to read an advance readers copy of this book.
#TheCookieBible #NetGalley
𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭-𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧. 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐬 & 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞. 𝐒𝐎 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐬, 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, & 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐬.

𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤!
I already have several cookie cookbooks, including a couple by Rose Beranbaum and this book is a keeper!  This cookbook is full of inspiration for cookie lovers and includes recipes for all types of cookies. Needless to say, Beranbaum's cookie recipes are delicious! This book is a visual treat! It has beautiful photographs of mouth-watering cookies that accompany the detailed recipes. I particularly like that Beranbaum includes baking tips with her recipes, called Baking Gems, and many suggestions that help novice bakers experience success and hobbyists like me become better bakers. I was happy to see that the baking instructions in this book also include weight measurements along with traditional measurements for bakers who use a kitchen scale to weigh their dry ingredients.

"The  Cookie Bible" is an excellent choice both for a new baker and a good reference for an accomplished baker.

Thank you NetGalley and the Publisher for an ARC copy in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.
Thank you for the opportunity to review The Cookie Bible. The book is filled with so many beautiful photos and recipes. I would recommend this book to any sweets lover.
My new favorite cookie cookbook. The recipes and tips are very easy to follow. The photos are amazing. I will be adding this to my bookshelf.
The must-have cookbook for lovers of cookies. This is well laid out with tantalising pictures and recipes for every cookie you could imagine and more. It’s divided into sections based on how the cookies are made (e.g. rolled by hand, dropped or piped, cutout, etc,) which is very useful if you just want to jump straight to the quick and easy recipes. This isn’t one I’d recommend for the kids as some of the recipes require pre-preparation or are quite finicky, it’s more for the baking enthusiast. A worthwhile addition for your cookbook collection or superb as a gift.
This cookbook is everything a fantastic cookbook should be: great recipes, useful photographs, and helpful organization. Not only will I be using this cookbook frequently, but I will also highly recommend this as holiday gifts when my customers come in this for Holiday 2022.
This cookbook is perfect for cookie and baking lovers, obviously!

The first thing you notice is the striking, detailed photography - for me, high quality pictures are a must for a good cookbook! This cookbook is full of cookie inspiration, and I really appreciated the diversity of types of cookies. You'll find every shape, size, flavor, and technique from classic chocolate chip cookies to more unique and complicated recipes like "Apricot Walnut Rugelach."

Aside from the great recipes, I really appreciated the "Baking Gems" which are special tips and tricks to help perfect your baking and cookie results. The introductory Golden Rules are really informational, and can help anyone optimize their cookie-baking techniques.

If you love baking, and are "craving" ways to improve your cookies and baking techniques - this book is a great resource!

Thanks to NetGalley for providing a copy in exchange for an honest review.
This cookbook has me drooling with the recipes and photos. I’ll be recommending this cookbook to all of my family & friends. Thank you for an advance reader copy of this cookbook.
This was very good. There is a nice mix of "every day" cookies and fancier ones. I bake a lot, but I think pretty much every one can be made by a advanced beginner baker. It is worth the space on an overcrowded bookshelf. I have the e-copy and it posed no formatting issues.
To me, this is what makes a great cookbook (or in this case....COOKIE book) GREAT! It had recipes that made you want to try them (as in yummy!), it was a well organized book, and the photos were terrific. I have recently tried a few of the recipes out for guests in my home and they brought rave reviews from family and friends.

I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for my honest review, but I will also be looking forward to my own hard copy at publication time!
The Cookie Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum is a comprehensive baking book suitable for beginner and experienced bakers.

From ingredients and equipment along with special sections on golden rules and baking gems, this guide to cookies has all the right features.   Chapters are divided by the style of cookie.  They include:  Rolled by Hand, Dropped or Piped, Shaped by Hand, and Bar and Cake cookies.  A Mise En Place segment is also included in each recipe to help keep bakers of all abilities on track for a successful bake.

One of the features I truly enjoyed was the inclusion of the metric system for the ingredient weights. Over the past couple of years, I have been using a scale to weigh my ingredients and find my bakes more predictable and professional looking. The author has also included the Imperial System as used here in the U.S. for those who would prefer that for their measurements.

This is a great book to add to your baking collection.  It would be perfect as all-inclusive baking guide for a new baker and a ready reference for experienced bakers.  I’m putting this on my holiday list and think it would make a great bridal shower gift.

Thank you to NetGalley for the opportunity to review this ARC.
Love this book! So many yummy cookie recipes and my kiddos had a blast trying several of them out :) It also has lots of great tips and tricks for baking cookies. Highly recommend!!
The Cookie Bible is sure to become a well-thumbed standard for novice and experienced bakers alike. The full-colour photography is beautiful and the layout is easy to follow. I appreciate how the recipes are arranged by technique and require familiar, easy to attain ingredients.

Contents:

Rolled by hand, dropped or piped
Shaped by hand
Rolled and cut
Holiday cookie cutouts
Bar and cake cookies
Meringues and candies
Extra specials.

My library has ordered several copies and I'm sure this will become a patron favourite. Great to put on display year-round--especially for holiday baking!
Anyone who loves baking cookies either for themselves, family, or friends, this would be an excellent book to get. You can feel the time and effort the author put into each recipe. What I liked the most about this book is that the author put the recipes into different categories, such as Bars, Rolled and Cut, and Drop cookies. So, no matter what kind of cookie you want to make it will be easy to find.
As someone who baked a lot with their Mom, when I was young, this book brought back wonderful memories. There are some recipes in this book that I have done with my Mom, and others I am excited to try with my Special Needs son. I will definitely add this book to my collection of cookbooks.