Cover Image: The Cookie Bible

The Cookie Bible

Loved this book! It is my new Cookie Bible! With over 400 recipes the book is divided into 7 different categories such as rolled by hand, shaped by hand, bar and cake cookies, and holiday cookies with a little extra special section filled with ganache, mousse, curds, and jams. The book is also very helpful as it gives tips and tricks to using the right ingredients and equipment with a mention of methods for mixing cookie dough which was super helpful as I tend to overmix dough in general. The caramel surprise snickerdoodles and churro nuggets are top on my list to try!

Thank you to Net Galley and the publisher for providing me with an ARC of this book. I will definitely be recommending it to the bakers in my life.
This is a great book for a beginner or master cookie baker.  As a lover of cook books, this is one that I will be adding to my collection.
This is a cookie book for those looking for more interesting flavors and techniques along with tried and true favorites. The book starts with nice background info on baking cookies, equipment, and ingredients. Cookie recipes are separated into chapters by technique used - Rolled by Hand, Dropped or Piped, Shaped by Hand, Rolled and Cut, Holiday Cookie Cutouts, Bar and Cake Cookies, Meringues and Candies, and Extra Specials. Within those chapters are all sorts of flavors.
Many but not all recipes include a full color photo. The recipes have a great layout, with important info easily found. They show oven temp, baking time, special equipment needed, ingredient lists (also with grams). The steps of the recipe call out with headings about preheating the oven, mise en place, making the dough, what to do to the dough, baking, cooling, and storage of finished cookies. The recipes also have "Baking Gems" - great little hints and tips specific to the recipe you're reading, and variations where applicable. I appreciate the amount of info in here but it may overwhelm less experienced bakers.
This is a wonderful cookie cookbook!  So many cookie recipes.  The Christmas holidays are the perfect time of year to try out a new cookie cookbook.  There are all types of cookies included.  The cookbook has a nice introduction with tips on making the best cookies.  There is also a section about equipment and ingredients used for the recipes.  The cookbook has rolled and cut, piped, dropped, shaped, meringue, candies, bar and cake cookies, macaroons, marzipan, and holiday cookies.  All the cookies I made were delicious.  The recipes are precise and easy to follow.  Each recipe includes “Mise en place” which is the set up before you begin.  It tells you what you must gather together and do before you begin.  The Ingredients are given in units and metrics.  There are baking tips given with all recipes called “Baking Gems” which is a nice bonus.  There are pictures included with some cookie recipes.  I enjoyed making the cookies from this cookbook.  All the cookies I have made are delicious.  The only thing that would make this cookbook better would be a photo with each cookie recipe.  I look forward to making more cookies from this cookbook!  This is a definite cookie cookbook to add to your collection!  I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley and I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Thank you to NetGalley and Mariner Books for an ARC of this book. All opinions in this review are my own.

This was the easiest to read cookbook I think I have ever read, and every dessert we made from it was delicious. We made 4 different treats: a non-bake bourbon ball, a “Christmas wreath” treat, Cloud 9 cookies, and peanut butter and chocolate chip shortbread. All of them came out delicious and nothing was too difficult to make, or even acquire the ingredients for (which hasn’t always been the case with some of the cookbooks I have had). I didn’t think it would be that easy to make shortbread, but I was so pleasantly surprised! Some of the instructions felt a bit overly complicated/specific, but everything came out delicious, so I am guessing there is a reason for it all. I do look forward to trying out more recipes and maybe even modifying them here and there to make them my own. Warning: the bourbon balls are no-bake, so the alcohol is potent; people were definitely feeling the effects as they kept eating them but they were enjoyed – the people eating them described them as feeling warm, which is fun since they were a cold treat. Highly recommend this with a warm beverage (or more bourbon!) 5/5
This really is the cookie bible. Every single type of cookie I could imagine or remember- there is a version of it here. Sometimes in recipe books like this in striving to include every possible, there are a bunch of strange or odd recipes. This is not the case with the Cookie Bible, which reads more like every recipe your mom and grandma passed down to you, plus all the grandmothers of your friends, plus maybe 100 of the cookies you've liked at your local bakery. The recipes are incredibly clearly written, with weights as well as standard measures to make baking super fast and simple. The instructions are explicit and beautifully laid out, with clear instructions (including the mise en place and preheating- it would take effort to screw these up. I love the recipes, love the cookies, and love this book! Best of all are the loads of pictures so you can flip through and choose a recipe by image as well as name. Five stars.
Wow! This cookbook has it all! I was honestly overwhelmed by the table of contents, because there are at least 150 recipes in this. There are all sorts too, just not your traditional chocolate chip cookies and snickerdoodles, but also treats like brownies and meringues. There is also a pretty detailed introduction with tips and information on things like equipment, which would be helpful for someone who doesn't bake often, but I can't help but wonder if it is just a little too much--I can't imagine anyone sitting down and flipping through the almost 20 pages of intro before getting to the recipes. It would be helpful to flip back to when you have a question, but it is a lot of prefix. One thing I found super fun was that most recipes include a section at the end with ideas on how to adjust/change your cookies (i.e. things you could replace certain ingredients with, tips on how to make the cookie crispier or softer, the best way to store different types of cookies, etc.)
All in all, I think that if one person were to just own one cookie (+bonus) cookbook, this would be a good one to have!
First, thank you to #Netgalley, the author and Mariner Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

What is not to love about cookies.  There are a few authors whom I have followed devoutly (Perla Meyers, Dorie Greenspan) and of course Ms. Rose Levy Beranbaum.  This book can teach even the most shy baker (ME!).  I adored the Equipment and Ingredients list.  Trust me in no matter how skilled you are you will take away a lesson or two.

Some recipes will take time and patience and others are a spin off tradition.

I will try to update this as I test out some of the cookies.  Tis the season.  First up are Mom's Coconut Snowballs and the Turkish lime cookies.  I'm sure they are all Weight Watcher friendly HA!

Photos appear lovely on the computer and of course with cookbooks I always crave more photos.

I expect I will purchase the book when it is published.
The Cookie Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum is exactly what I hoped it would be.  Recipes for so many different cookies and types of cookies, and I love her exacting instructions.  This author is my go to for all types of desserts and I know I will be using this cookbook often.
Long a fan of Rose Levy's other "Bibles," I was eager to get my eyes--and my kitchen--on this one. Most recipes are standards for cookie lovers, but recipes here are so precise and well written that they offer what can be considered no fail results, and there are plenty of tested variations to make things way more interesting. All recipes give both metric weights and standard "English" measurements. The first thing I tried was the Muscovado Shortbread Cookies for my shortbread loving grandson. This version, with brown sugar, had a luxurious complexity, totally consistent with the traditional versions using either powdered or granulated sugar--Levy's Scottish Shortbread, uses a combo of the 2 sugars, and is utter perfection. I baked it, too. My grandson adored the brown sugar version, but gobbled up both--he's an active teen, so the calories were no problem. My husband fell in love with Mom's Coconut Snowball Kisses, coconut macaroons with a little lemon juice added. Mexican Wedding Cakes are the ones both I and my daughter-in-law love best, so there's a box ready to take to her--minus the generous samples I "tested." There are simple cookies with only a few ingredients and little manipulation, and incredibly fancy ones that will take some work. I gravitate to the simple, but intend to try at least a few of the more complicated preparations, such as the Date Crescents, confident that they will turn out to be spectacular. This book practically guarantees perfect results for any cookie lover. Definitely belongs in every library collection and on the personal shelves of cookie lovers.
This is a fantastic compendium of cookies recipes and absolutely met my very high expectations. I own Beranbaum's Pie & Pastry Bible. Readers familiar with her style of recipe development and very precise measurements and instructions will not be disappointed.

I had the pleasure of baking several things from the book and they were quickly devoured by appreciative family and friends. For both beginners and expert bakers.

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via Net Galley.
THE COOKIE BIBLE

This is a beautiful cookbook.
From simple drop cookies to fancy cookies, brownies, mini cheesecake, meringues, cookie bars, candies, toffee, marzipans, macaroons - it’s just filled with wonderful baked treats. The photography is excellent, with color pictures of party, elegant, and holiday cookies as well as many standards including Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Raisin.

The recipes are clear and well organized.
Excellent information and instructions are provided on preparation, weighing, mixing, baking, storing, etc. Several recipes also include ❤️ Baking Gems, helpful tips on making things easier and better.

The layout of the book is also nice. The recipes are easily located by type of dessert and also by specific name. A short introduction with baking basics helps in getting organized for the baking adventure. A glossary of terms is also included.

The treats look delicious and make me want to try baking something a fancier. I’m no baker by any stretch, but this is a book I want to own and I am really excited about trying many of the wonderful recipes presented here. A very beautiful cookie book. Excellent book to own or to give as a gift to a baker friend.

I would like to thank NetGalley, Rose Levy Beranbaum, and Mariner Books and  Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book.
I am a collector of quality cookbooks. I especially love the ones I can learn from. I am so impressed with the educational information contained within the chapter titles "Golden Rules for baking the best cookies". So far all the recipes I have made have turned out fabulous! I cannot wait until November 2022 to add this title to my personal cookbook collection. I also foresee a cookie baking library program coming next holiday season. This title will be a recommended part of the program!
I marked my calendar to order this cookbook for Christmas gift giving next year.

The Cookie Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum will be published November 1, 2022. I can't wait to get mine!

The Cookie Bible is so fantastic. The photo's are absolutely stunning. I wanted to reach into the page and grab a cookie.

The book is set up brilliantly. Each recipe details how to follow the instructions, measurements, weights, techniques, and extra cooking tips. This includes rolled, piped, dropped cookies, cookie bars and many others. Some recipes are family favorites, but there are many new recipes that look delicious. This book is over four hundred pages. It's the only cookie cookbook one will ever need and can be passed down through the generations.

Thank you to Mariner Books and NetGalley for my advanced copy e-book.

#Now I'm hungry for cookies!
#TheCookieBible
#NetGalley
#RoseLevyBeranbaum
#MarinerBooks
"The Cookie Bible" by Rose Levy Beranbaum is the Most Comprehensive Cookie Book you will ever need!! Chocked Full of AMAZING  COOKIE RECIPES!! Such a variety of cookies that will  have your mouth watering for more delicious recipes from around the world to traditional cookie recipes. This cookie book has rolled, dropped, holiday, bar and cake cookies! If you want a Yummy cookie recipe, this book will be your go to Cookie Bible!!🍪

💫THANK YOU to the Author, Publisher and Netgalley for the e-ARC in exchange for an
Honest Review!!

#TheCookieBible
#NetGalley
⭐⭐⭐⭐
There are cookie recipes & then there are COOKIE RECIPES! The kind that have your mouth watering by the time you've read through the recipe. In today's world of an Internet full of free recipes, it takes something special in a cookbook for sale - and The Cookie Bible has that "it" factor! I have never been so excited about a cookbook!

I received ARC through NetGalley of this book. I got through the intro with all of the amazing tips for baking great cookies and the first four recipes and immediately went to my amazon and pre-ordered a hard copy of this book. I seriously cannot wait for this hard copy to come out so it can live in my kitchen.

I think anyone who follows the tips and the recipes in this book can become a master cookie baker. I've NEVER seen a baking cookbook with so many specific tips and details to increase the probability of a successful cookie at the end of the process!  I love the recipe format in this book, It is so easy to read and understand. We are baking next week and I can tell you that we've got 10 cookies we plan to bake in our holiday baking marathon next week!

I appreciate the details and the author's interest in the reader's cookie-baking success! I highly recommend The Cookie Bible for anyone who enjoys baking cookies no matter what his/her skill level!
The Cookie Bible is a comprehensive recipe book with something for everyone. From the novice to the seasoned baker looking for something more advanced, there are plenty of great recipes for every level. I enjoyed the tips and advice on technique which are labeled “Baking Gems” provided for each recipe. I also appreciated ingredient and equipment recommendations. I only wished there was a photo for each recipe, especially for the cookies I’m not familiar with. For me, visuals are essential for baking and having an idea of the end result. Photos are also motivators and make me want to bake all the more.

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for the eARC.
This is a fantastic cookbook and comprehensive guide for baking cookies.  I love the way the book is organized by method:  There are sections for Rolled by Hand, Dropped or Piped, Shaped by Hand, Rolled and Cut, Bar and Cake, and more.  This is a really great way for bakers to learn new methods.  There is also a helpful section at the front with baking tips and hints that is sure to help new and even experienced bakers.

There are so many recipes that caught my eye.  Lemon Jammies, Dutch Pecan Sandies, Crown Jewel Macarons, Strudel Cookies, and Buttered Rum Cookies are just a few, and there are over 100 cookie recipes provided.  The photos are gorgeous and the instructions are perfectly detailed.

I would recommend this to any baker, new or experienced, who wants great cookie recipes and baking tips.

I received a free copy of this book from the publishers via Netgalley.  My review is voluntary and my opinions are my own.
The photos in this cookie book are so amazing! Even if I don't end up making all the cookies, just looking at them was enjoyable.  I found a number of cookie recipes I'd like to try.  The collection includes drop, shaped, bar and other cookie options along with lots of tips on how to best make each one.  Can't wait to try a few (specifically the chocolate ones :) ) for a holiday cookie exchange this year.  I really enjoyed the range of cookie recipes - it truly is a cookie "bible".
I am getting a real copy of this as soon as it comes out. I want to bake everything in it.

The organization of the recipes is fantastic! I especially love that each recipe includes weight and volume measurements for all of the ingredients. The mise en place and bolded headings for each section of the instructions made following each step extremely simple, and the Baking Gems included in some of the recipes were really informative and helpful.

My 10-year-old son and I made the Scottish Shortbread Cookies & they were delicious and super easy. I'm especially looking forward to trying the Melting Moments recipe and comparing it to the version my grandma made every year for Christmas.

This is an excellent cookbook for experienced and novice bakers. LOVED IT.