Cover Image: The Cookie Bible

The Cookie Bible

I am a collector of quality cookbooks. I especially love the ones I can learn from. I am so impressed with the educational information contained within the chapter titles "Golden Rules for baking the best cookies". So far all the recipes I have made have turned out fabulous! I cannot wait until November 2022 to add this title to my personal cookbook collection. I also foresee a cookie baking library program coming next holiday season. This title will be a recommended part of the program!
I marked my calendar to order this cookbook for Christmas gift giving next year.

The Cookie Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum will be published November 1, 2022. I can't wait to get mine!

The Cookie Bible is so fantastic. The photo's are absolutely stunning. I wanted to reach into the page and grab a cookie.

The book is set up brilliantly. Each recipe details how to follow the instructions, measurements, weights, techniques, and extra cooking tips. This includes rolled, piped, dropped cookies, cookie bars and many others. Some recipes are family favorites, but there are many new recipes that look delicious. This book is over four hundred pages. It's the only cookie cookbook one will ever need and can be passed down through the generations.

Thank you to Mariner Books and NetGalley for my advanced copy e-book.

#Now I'm hungry for cookies!
#TheCookieBible
#NetGalley
#RoseLevyBeranbaum
#MarinerBooks
"The Cookie Bible" by Rose Levy Beranbaum is the Most Comprehensive Cookie Book you will ever need!! Chocked Full of AMAZING  COOKIE RECIPES!! Such a variety of cookies that will  have your mouth watering for more delicious recipes from around the world to traditional cookie recipes. This cookie book has rolled, dropped, holiday, bar and cake cookies! If you want a Yummy cookie recipe, this book will be your go to Cookie Bible!!🍪

💫THANK YOU to the Author, Publisher and Netgalley for the e-ARC in exchange for an
Honest Review!!

#TheCookieBible
#NetGalley
⭐⭐⭐⭐
There are cookie recipes & then there are COOKIE RECIPES! The kind that have your mouth watering by the time you've read through the recipe. In today's world of an Internet full of free recipes, it takes something special in a cookbook for sale - and The Cookie Bible has that "it" factor! I have never been so excited about a cookbook!

I received ARC through NetGalley of this book. I got through the intro with all of the amazing tips for baking great cookies and the first four recipes and immediately went to my amazon and pre-ordered a hard copy of this book. I seriously cannot wait for this hard copy to come out so it can live in my kitchen.

I think anyone who follows the tips and the recipes in this book can become a master cookie baker. I've NEVER seen a baking cookbook with so many specific tips and details to increase the probability of a successful cookie at the end of the process!  I love the recipe format in this book, It is so easy to read and understand. We are baking next week and I can tell you that we've got 10 cookies we plan to bake in our holiday baking marathon next week!

I appreciate the details and the author's interest in the reader's cookie-baking success! I highly recommend The Cookie Bible for anyone who enjoys baking cookies no matter what his/her skill level!
The Cookie Bible is a comprehensive recipe book with something for everyone. From the novice to the seasoned baker looking for something more advanced, there are plenty of great recipes for every level. I enjoyed the tips and advice on technique which are labeled “Baking Gems” provided for each recipe. I also appreciated ingredient and equipment recommendations. I only wished there was a photo for each recipe, especially for the cookies I’m not familiar with. For me, visuals are essential for baking and having an idea of the end result. Photos are also motivators and make me want to bake all the more.

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for the eARC.
This is a fantastic cookbook and comprehensive guide for baking cookies.  I love the way the book is organized by method:  There are sections for Rolled by Hand, Dropped or Piped, Shaped by Hand, Rolled and Cut, Bar and Cake, and more.  This is a really great way for bakers to learn new methods.  There is also a helpful section at the front with baking tips and hints that is sure to help new and even experienced bakers.

There are so many recipes that caught my eye.  Lemon Jammies, Dutch Pecan Sandies, Crown Jewel Macarons, Strudel Cookies, and Buttered Rum Cookies are just a few, and there are over 100 cookie recipes provided.  The photos are gorgeous and the instructions are perfectly detailed.

I would recommend this to any baker, new or experienced, who wants great cookie recipes and baking tips.

I received a free copy of this book from the publishers via Netgalley.  My review is voluntary and my opinions are my own.
The photos in this cookie book are so amazing! Even if I don't end up making all the cookies, just looking at them was enjoyable.  I found a number of cookie recipes I'd like to try.  The collection includes drop, shaped, bar and other cookie options along with lots of tips on how to best make each one.  Can't wait to try a few (specifically the chocolate ones :) ) for a holiday cookie exchange this year.  I really enjoyed the range of cookie recipes - it truly is a cookie "bible".
I am getting a real copy of this as soon as it comes out. I want to bake everything in it.

The organization of the recipes is fantastic! I especially love that each recipe includes weight and volume measurements for all of the ingredients. The mise en place and bolded headings for each section of the instructions made following each step extremely simple, and the Baking Gems included in some of the recipes were really informative and helpful.

My 10-year-old son and I made the Scottish Shortbread Cookies & they were delicious and super easy. I'm especially looking forward to trying the Melting Moments recipe and comparing it to the version my grandma made every year for Christmas.

This is an excellent cookbook for experienced and novice bakers. LOVED IT.
I have been a fan of Rose since the Cake Bible. She is thoughtful, fully embraces the various levels of expertise of her public. The Cookie Bible is no different. With the holidays upon this book transcends the festive season , providing you guidance on whatever level you choose to start making cookies. She offer historical background and a humorous insight into the frailties of thin snaps and the deep buttery goodness of a well developed cookie dough. I cannot applaud loud enough that this was worth the wait. Here’s to miles of flour and hours of pleasure. Here’s to the cookie,modest,sophisticated,always welcome.
This has everything you'd ever want to know about cookies.

You could assume, and you'd be right, that the recipes are amazing. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. The variety is incredible.

What makes this book truly unique is the information about all the appliances and ingredients. Information you didn't know that you needed to know.

I highly recommend this book book
I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. The Baking Gems are the helpful tips that are included. I found this a wonderful thing to include in this book. The pictures of the cookies  were beyond amazing. I want to try the peanut butter and jelly buttons. There were ginger snaps and shortbread that brings back a lot of memories growing up. There are some recipes that I wrote down to keep close at hand. There are some I had never heard that I want to try. This is adding to my baking experience. That is something I want to do each time I learn a new recipe.
Wow! I could not believe the number of recipes that were being offered in this cookbook. So much variety that you are guaranteed to find old favorites and new favorite cookies, brownies, and bars. Highly recommend!
I loved this book so many delicious recipes that were easy to follow and read. I enjoyed the vibrant colors of the photos and the recipes that matched. This would be a great gift the at-home baker in your life. Or even for yourself if you’re just starting out like me this would be great still.
This book makes me want to bake all the cookies!! Good pictures and the steps look easy enough.

I want to get a copy for my own
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! And by that I mean it’s the time of year to start baking cookies for all the exciting places your holiday travels will take you. “The Cookie Bible” by Rose Levy Beranbaum is sure to be an exciting new addition to your cookbook arsenal!

I loved this book! As someone who typically starts baking cookies for Christmas early and freezes batches to have a fun variety of types easily on hand, it’s always nice to add some new recipes to the mix. While I typically keep things simple, “The Cookie Bible” offers a variety of difficulty levels as far as baking goes.

While there are some recipes that are more difficult, the book also shares baking rules and tips that can make your new baking experiments go better. With everything from why your bakes might not come out the same as someone else (did you know where you live can change your cookies?!) to prepping your ingredients in advance so you aren’t digging for the vanilla half way through the process this book has so much to offer!

In the end, I gave this book 5 stars. The format was good and the images were stunning. This cookbook makes me want to start baking more ambitious cookies. Look out Christmas cookie platters, you’re getting an upgrade this year!

Thanks to NetGalley and Mariner Books for this ARC in exchange for my honest review! “The Cookie Bible” by Rose Levy Beranbaum is available next November!
The Cookie bible is a well thought out cookbook. So much information jam (or should I say Cookie) packed into it! I loved the variety of cookie recipes - who knew there were so many possibilities! The book is well written and displays quality information and photos clearly for recipes as well as provides more in depth information about cookie baking. Looking forward to the publication of this cookbook in 2022, definitely one for the buy list.
The Cookie Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum, is a cookbook sent from heaven! I love recipes with measurements by weight and volume. This leads to increased accuracy and success.

Beranbaum breaks the cookies into different categories - Rolled by Hand, Dropped or Piped, Shaped by Hand, etc. She even has a chapter on Holiday cookies. The writing is very clear and the steps are detailed. There's no way to fail.
Thank you net galley for providing me this copy..I currently have over 3000 cookbooks that I’ve been collecting for the past 50 years and I keep telling myself that I don’t need anymore but Rose’s  cookie bible will definitely be added to my library the minute it’s available.. Today was a shopping trip to get some ingredients for a big bake this weekend. First up will be the strudel cookies, then lemon lumpies  followed by pecan freezer squares. I can’t wait to dig into both the book and then of course the finished products !
This comprehensive book should make all bakers happy,both beginners and more advanced bakers. Thank you Rose !
The Cookie Bible, by Rose Levy Beranbaum is a must have cookie reference if you love baking cookies. I'm a big fan of her Bread Bible as well as her Cake Bible so I knew I would be in good hands with this book. The Baking Gems she has for perfecting your bakes are great, the pictures are mouthwatering and I can't wait to try some of the recipes!

She breaks the cookies into different categories - Rolled by Hand, Dropped or Piped, Shaped by Hand, etc. She even has a chapter on Holiday cookies. The writing is very clear and the steps are detailed. I can see that being a turnoff for people who are used to easy and fast recipes, but there is a mix of easier and more involved recipes.

I also enjoyed that she included measurements by weight and by volume, as well as oven temps in F and C. I was the envy of my friends when I mentioned that I was able to snag an advanced reader copy of this book, and I'm so excited to share some of these baked goods with them!
Many thanks to NetGalley and Mariner Books for gifting me a digital ARC of the gorgeous new cookbook by Rose Levy Beranbaum - 5 stars!  If you don't have a copy of The Cake Bible, you need to get one and this is the perfect companion book.

Filled with gorgeous pictures of cookies that sound to die for, along with lots of hints and suggestions, this is a book that will have you drooling.  With recipes like Chocolate Studded Truffle Cookies and My Dream Chocolate Chip Cookie, how can you go wrong?  I also love that both weights and measures were included in each ingredient list for those who like to be especially accurate and weigh their ingredients.

Highly recommended!