Cover Image: Fierce Cowboy Wolf

Fierce Cowboy Wolf

I knew Maverick's story was going to be worth the wait. Sierra is a perfect match for him. Making him rethink just about everything. A bit of suspense in this rollercoaster emotional ride that is Maverick and Sierra's relationship. It's a hot one too! It was a great read.
4.5 Stars
A fast paced, well delivered read, Fierce Cowboy is the fourth book in Seven Range Shifter. The characters interaction was engaging and the story one of love, betrayal, and family. This story was well paced and delivered and I recommend if you haven’t read it you put it on your list.
Wicked Cowboy Wolf is the 4th book in the Seven Range Shifters series by Kait Ballenger and while it could be read as a stand alone, it’s better read as the 4th book in the series because we see the hero and heroine through the whole series making their HEA better when they finally get it.

Maverick is the grumpy packmaster of the Grey Wolf pack and Sierra is the first she-wolf trying to be apart of the warriors team who protect the pack. But it’s hard for a female to hold the position because the old school wolf Council members still think a she-wolf’s place is mating and having pups.

In Wicked Cowboy Wolf we finally get the whole story of why Maverick is so grumpy. Being packmaster is hard and having been told over and over that pack comes before anyone, even a wife or mate has taken a toll on him. He believes he doesn’t deserve to be happy in his personal life when all he really wants is one sexy warrior, she-wolf.

After the Council rejecting Sierra’s application to a be warrior because she’s not mated, and shooting down Maverick’s idea to renew an alliance with the Execution Underground, the packmaster pitches the idea of a marry of convince. Sierra is not on board at first, she wants a real matting/marriage some day and doesn’t want a loveless arrangement with anyone, especially Maverick.

Wicked Cowboy Wolf is a mix of second chance love, friends to lovers, suspense (oh did I  mention there’s a traitor within the pack trying to kill Maverrick and possibly Sierra?) and a funny rooster named Elvis and if that’s not enough there’s a randy horse named Randy. If you’re into shifters, cowboys and or strong heroines who love grumpy alphas then pick up a copy of Wicked Cowboy Wolf! If you’ve not started the Seven Range Shifters series by Kait Ballenger then start with the first book, Cowboy Wolf Trouble.
Duty and protecting the pack are all that Packmaster Maverick Grey lives for. Sierra has loved Mav all her life but when he married another she puts her energy into becoming a warrior of the first order. Now Maverick is a widower and Sierra has been put in to become an elite warrior. When the elders deny her advancement because she is unmated they put together a “fake marriage” plan. But as any good story goes if you want to make God laugh make plans. I at times wanted to box both their ears for idiocy above and beyond but ultimately loved this tale.
What's not to like about hot cowboys? Or hunky shapeshifters? So although I hadn't read anything of Kait, I figured this story would be right up my alley, since it is about a shapeshifting cowboy.

And indeed, it is a very nice read. Maverick is one intense pack leader and Sierra is a feisty warrior. Since this book is the fourth in the seven Range shifters, I probably missed some of the pack dynamics, but it didn't bother me.

Kait creates a wonderful story full of suspense and banter. Sierra is determined to be an elite warrior, but the elders have an archaic opinion that women never can be warriors. Maverick has always put the pack needs before his own. But now the elders are pressuring him into taking a new wife and creating an heir. His solution is simple: he proposes a convenience marriage to Sierra, who needs to be married to be considered a warrior by the elders.

But Maverick doesn't know that Sierra was devastated years ago, when he took Rose to be his mate. Because Sierra and Maverick had been best friends and Sierra secretly had a crush on Maverick. Still holding a grudge, Sierra seems to condemn all Maverick's actions and decisions. So, when Sierra declines, Maverick tricks her into marriage. So, now he must face her wrath, despite the sparks flying between them. But maybe Sierra doesn't even get a chance to kill Maverick herself, since there seems to be someone hell bend to murder the pack leader. Well, not on Sierra's watch, since she wants those honors to herself. A fast paced story, about independent women, who stand up for their rights and their silent champions, who want to help them succeed.

Great read, four out of five stars from me and a special thank you to Netgalley for providing the arc.
I have never read a book from this Author, but the description was intriguing.  The author did not disappoint, a strong heroine and a stand-up hero, their unrequited love was a stumbling block between them until the truth was revealed.  All it took was an assassination attempt, a marriage of convenience, and true love.  A good book all-around.
4.25 stars--FIERCE COWBOY WOLF is the fourth instalment in Kait Ballenger’s contemporary, adult SEVEN RANGE SHIFTERS erotic, paranormal, romance series. This is Packmaster / alpha Maverick Grey, and Sierra Cavanaugh’s story line.  FIERCE COWBOY WOLF can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous instalment is revealed where necessary. SEVEN RANGE SHIFTERS  is a spin off from the author’s EXECUTION UNDERGROUND Series.

Told from third person perspective including Maverick and Sierra, FIERCE COWBOY WOLF follows in the aftermath of the Elder Council rejection of Sierra Cavanaugh’s application as one of the Elite Warriors of the Seven Range Shifters. Believing the Alpha spearheaded the rejection of her application, Sierra will quickly discover that misogyny reigns, and the rejection was based upon her lack of a mate. Enter Packmaster Maverick Grey , the man/wolf Sierra has loved most of her life who offers a marriage of convenience to appease the people in charge. What ensues is the building but heart breaking relationship between Maverick and Sierra, and the potential fall-out as someone has targeted our story line couple.

Packmaster Maverick Grey struggles in the face of a devastating loss, a loss he blames on himself. Believing the ‘alpha’ is unable to protect both the Pack and a family, Maverick has decided it is better to remain single then to fall in love, and lose the woman who has stolen his heart.  Sierra Cavanaugh has never stopped loving our story line hero but years before, Maverick chose somebody else, forcing our heroine to walk away with a broken heart.

The relationship between Sierra and Maverick is an unrequited love /marriage of convenience between two people who have loved one another from afar. Maverick is a ‘tortured hero’ who refuse to accept his own happily ever after, and in doing so, pushes our heroine out of his life. The $ex scenes are intimate, erotic and seductive but I dislike the use of a certain four-letter word in my romance story lines.

There is a large ensemble cast of colorful and energetic secondary and supporting characters including Wes and Naomi Calhoun (Cowboy Wolf Trouble #1), doctor Belle Beaumont, and High Commander Colt Cavanaugh (Cowboy in Wolf’s Clothing 2), rogue Grey wolf leader Jared Black, and Maeve Gray (Wicked Cowboy Wolf 3) ; former Wild Eight wolves Silas and Brent: Shifters Cheyenne, Dakota Nguyen and Blaze Carter.  Blaze and Dakota’s story line is next.

FIERCE COWBOY WOLF is a story of family and friendships, betrayal and vengeance; power and control; misogyny, rejection,  and love. The fast paced premise is captivating ; the characters are animated,  dynamic and strong; the romance struggles in the face of rejection but the sexual attraction is palpable.

THE READING CAFÉ: http://www.thereadingcafe.com/fierce-cowboy-wolf-seven-range-shiftersby-kait-ballenger-review/

GOODREADS: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4102845247

AMAZON. COM: https://www.amazon.com/review/RI6V1U8U6NWC4/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8

BOOKBUB: https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/2163201305

B&N (Sandy_thereadingcafe) posted: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fierce-cowboy-wolf-kait-ballenger/1138699527?ean=9781728214641&bvnotificationId=368d2fd3-f1bc-11eb-b447-0e8b0ccdd595&bvmessageType=REVIEW_APPROVED&bvrecipientDomain=hotmail.com#review/184549589

Ibooks (Sandy Sch) posted

GOOGLE PLAY (Sandy Sch) posted

CHAPTERS/INDIGO (Sandy__At_The_Reading_Cafe) posted
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

Wow, lots of drama and action in this one!  I really felt for Sierra who had to work twice as hard as the men at the same job just to be taken seriously and then not even appreciated.  When she was turned down from the job that she deserved and Maverick was being force to find another mate, he thought it would be advantageous to join forces and get married.  Unfortunately, it was still all his way and he really was not being fair to Sierra.

I loved that she had the strength to stick to her convictions in the end, and Maverick really understood what life would be like without her.  Which lead to a great HEA, and totally redeemed Maverick!

Will definitely be looking for more books by this author!
Wow! I don't know where even to begin... this story was perfect! The heroine (Sierra) is a strong warrior in her pack, loving her Alpha (Maverick) from afar since childhood. Maverick is a strong, super hot man's man (or in this shifter story, a wolf's wolf). The action is fast-paced as is the story. Sierra is fierce, every girl's warrior dreams come true! Sierra and Maverick's chemistry is off the charts as they work hard to uncover the mystery and attacks on their lives surrounding them. I couldn't put it down and was so hot for Maverick and so fiercely proud for Sierra. I was given a free copy of this book and reviewed it voluntarily.
Another wolf-shifter meets his match in Kait Ballenger’s Fierce Cowboy Wolf! With a strong heroine with lots to prove and a grumpy Packmaster who is convinced that love will make him weak, this best friend’s sister/marriage of convenience/unrequited love story was another great read in the Seven Range Shifters series.

Sierra and Maverick had to work hard to get their happy ever after. There was so much in their way, from pack politics to previous heartaches and breaks, not to mention the assassination threat and the tenuous relationship with the Execution Underground. I did get a bit frustrated with Maverick, it took him way too long for my liking for him to step up and do the right thing - which ultimately was the best thing for the pack. I loved that Sierra never settled, she made tough decisions and demanded the respect and relationship she deserved. There was no lack of heat and steam between these two and I loved Sierra’s list and how that played into their story.

One of the things I enjoy about this series is all the other characters that come into play. I loved the strong group of women who are demanding equal recognition as Elite Warriors as well as Sierra’s core group of girlfriends who take as much delight in supporting her as they do driving her crazy (bridal gown shopping, anyone?) Mavericks core group in the pack are always there with the reality checks he needs as well as bringing some well-timed humor and support.

This book can easily be read as a standalone, but I think it would be more fun to read the series from the beginning to understand some of the character dynamics better. This is what I would consider a darker, more intense shifter romance, with plenty of action and a romance that has to go all ten rounds to be won. Overall, this was a good read but might not work for those who like their romances on the lighter side.
Since she was young Sierra Cavanaugh wanted only two things, the chance to be an elite warrior for the pack, and  Maverick Grey.  But change comes slow and the pack elders aren't ready for a femaile warrior.  And when given the chance, Maverick chose someone else.

As Packmaster of the Grey Wolf pack Maverick has known that his life and his choices are not his own.  His life belongs to the pack.  Years ago he was forced by expectation, circumstance and the good of the pack to forgo his desires.  He's closed himself off deciding it's better to be alone.  Yet when attempt is made on his life, it's Sierra who steps in to save him.  The Elder's may not think she's capable of being a warrior, but with the possibility of a traitor in their midst, she's not about to leave Maverick unprotected. Maverick isn't one that will take well, to being protected, but he's also not ready to push sierra away.  In fact, if he plays it right, he just might have the chance to keep her.

Sierra is a strong willed woman.  She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it.  She doesn't take anything from anyone, Maverick is the typical alpha, carrying the weight of the pack on his shoulders.  He's tired of his responsibility, he wants something for himself.  The attraction between Sierra and Maverick is undeniable. Their constant headbutting was more entertaining than annoying.  I loved Sierra's strength and determination.  I've been a fan of this series since the beginning and this latest installment didn't disappoint.  While it can be read as a stand alone, the background story strings will be more meaningful if you read the earlier books.  They'll be well worth your time.
Sierra worked hard to become the first female elite warrior for the grey wolf pack but she was denied by the council because she doesn't have a mate.

Maverick needs the council to comply with his wishes in order to do what he needs to do. But he never expected to have feelings for another woman after his mate died but here he is about to be mated to Sierra even if he only wants a business arrangement.

Their mating started out as a mutually beneficial arrangement but when Sierra asks him to tutor her in the art of all things sexual, it's hard for him to keep feelings out of the mix.

Sierra is a fierce woman and I loved that about her. She's been in love with Maverick for ages and was upset when he didn't pick her to be his mate and instead picked another female years earlier. I liked that she found out why but that didn't change the fact that Maverick is a different guy than the friend she had when they were younger. But as they get closer she gets glimpses of the boy she knew and knows that he still has feelings for her but is scared to love her which melted my heart. These two had a lot of get through in order to be a real mated couple.

On top of everything else these two are dealing with they also have to contend with someone trying to kill Maverick. I really liked the storyline and watching it unfold as we find out who was behind the attempt on his life and why. I had no idea what was really going on which was fun. This might have started out as a marriage of convenience but as time went on, they both had to admit that they loved each other but watching the trouble they had in order to get there was sad.

Disclosure: I was sent a free e-ARC via NetGalley but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Fierce Cowboy Wolf by Kait Ballenger is the fourth book in the Seven Range Shifters series. What a fun book to read.  Each book can be read as a stand alone story, but to fully enjoy this world created by Ballenger, you need to read from the beginning of the series.

The skill of the author to create a world filled with such detail and ceremony makes me wonder if it's really make believe or not. Fierce is the story of Sierra and Maverick. The current packmaster and his best friend's younger sister. But the story is so much more than just about these two characters.

The series is filled with intrigue, deception, power plays as well as love, family and struggles. Ballenger has a way of creating characters that are so realistic with their personality quirks, their wit and their internal growth and struggles. Each book has the core characters we've been introduced from the earlier books as well as characters who hopefully will be getting their own stories in future books.

If you enjoy a good story, with shape-shifting wolves as the main characters, you will enjoy this series.  I received a copy of this book from net galley in exchange for an honest review.  The opinions expressed are my own and I truly recommend this series and this author to those who enjoy paranormal stories.
This is book 4 in the Seven Range Shifters series and it could be read as a standalone, I would recommend reading this series in order to get a better experience with it. Sierra has trained her whole life to become a warrior for her pack. And once she is finally nominated, she just needs the council to approve her nomination. But they won't approve her without her having a mate. Maverick has accepted that he will live his life alone. And now he is in negotiations with the Seven Range clans and needs a warrior. This is the chance they both have been waiting for. But can they learn to work together not only for the good of the clans but for the things they both need?

I loved how their relationship came about. Yes, they both need something in order to bring not only the good of the pack but what they need to be happy as well. They have this chemistry that I wasn't expecting but really loved. But they also aren't afraid to put the work in and work towards the relationship they want. This book is not just about the romance though! There is action and suspense and even humor involved in it. I really enjoyed it and loved how everything came together!
The fourth book in the Seven Range Shifters series.  It truly helps to understand the complicated dynamics of this story if you read the others in order before you read this book.  This is Maverick and Sierra's story.  They have a very long convoluted backstory with Maverick unable to acknowledge his love for Sierra because of pack politics.  This sets him off on a path where he withdraws into himself and loses who he truly is.  Sierra, meanwhile is rising up and discovering her true value in the pack.

This is a wonderful story of growth and female empowerment in a male dominated world.  The characters are well developed and intriguing.  The secondary characters play a strong role in this story so it does help to read the previous books.  Can't wait for the next book in the series.

Received as an ARC from Netgalley and Sourcebooks.  Thank you so much.
Sierra wants to be first female elite warrior, she doesn't want to get married.
Maverick, doesn't want to get married but to help Sierra, he'll do it.
Storyline is wonderful, loved Sierra and Maverick.
So happy that I did read this book.
Love it.
This is the fourth book in the Seven Range Shifters series, I have a confession to make I haven't read the previous books, I just took one look at this cover and clicked to read. Shallow much?!

I am sure not having not read the previous books means, I have missed out on a lot of background with Maverick and Sierra, I get the feeling the tension between these two has been brewing for some time.  Maverick Grey is the pack master of the seven ranges clan. entering in to treaty negotiations with other clans he needs someone at his back and there is no-one better than Sierra Cavanaugh first female elite warrior in Grey Wolf history. However for her to take the position she has to find a mate, so Maverick decides the only solution is to take her as his own and kill two birds with one stone. We can see from the outset that both their wolves are attracted to each other, which makes for entertaining reading. Both their human counterparts are proud, strong and totally self sufficient, having to learn and trust each other is definitely a learning curve. The chemistry keeps the book interesting and I found I was routing for their relationship to work out. I really enjoyed the book, I just didn't love it.

Thank you to Netgalley and SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca for an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion. All thoughts expressed are my own.
Open your heart

After much has kept them apart, Maverick and Sierra finally have their chance at an HEA if the can overcome much.

I voluntarily read an advanced copy.
I enjoyed Fierce Cowboy Wolf so much! It was fast- paced, romantic and interesting. I liked both main characters and I especially liked how Sierra went after what she wanted and how Maverick was very honorable, though misguided in some things. It's not exactly an enemies-to-lovers because they loved one another before falling into dislike and in this book they didn't spend a lot of time hating each other at all. Though there was some steam, there could have been more (which everyone who spends 30s on booktok knows).
I did think that the last portion was a tiny bit lackluster, the main mystery being resolved too easily, but nothing that would ruin the enjoyment of the whole novel.

A strong female looking for acceptance in a male dominated society.  An alpha male set in his ways having to compromise his heart.  This book is a well written, descriptive story with strong characters all around,.  Sierra is Maverick's best friend's little sister and the tension between them is palpable.  Entertaining Read!