Cover Image: Diana and the Underworld Odyssey

Diana and the Underworld Odyssey

Diana is back again in this great sequel! In this one children are missing and her friends are kidnapped, its up tp her to solve this!
It was a great read and my daughter greatly enjoyed it!
Bertha Alicia  Leon
My Books
Browse ▾
Community ▾

Bertha Alicia Leon rated a book it was amazing
about 16 hours ago
Diana and the Underworld Odyssey by Aisha Saeed
Diana and the Underworld Odyssey (Wonder Woman...
by Aisha Saeed (Goodreads Author)
Read
Read in March 2021
Someone is kidnapping children with special powers and Diana is the main target. The Olympian gods are losing their powers. What is happening? Are the two cases related?
The adventures of Diana the princess of Temiscyra, Wonder Woman or Diana Prince as we want to call her, are always full of action and in the case of Aisha Saeeb's books, in addition to action, we find values ​​and teachings that are very suitable for MG / YA, which are the ranks of age to whom this series is directed.
However, that does not mean that young people of all ages cannot enjoy these adventures, since they are very well set, with strong characters, a magnificent plot and an ending that leaves the reader wishing to have in their hands the next book in the series.
I loved Diana and the Island of No Return and Diana and the Underworld Odyssey did not disappoint.

I loved the way that this book shows the growth of Diana and how she is growing into not only her power, but into herself as a hero. I loved how it showed her growing in confidence on Themyscira and when she encounters people challenging her.

Wonder Woman is such a strong superhero and I love that these books engage with a younger audience and give them stories of Diana facing the same circumstances, while not in the same settings, that they are going through.
I love wonder woman but had a hard time connecting to the beginning. I love the setting of themyscrica. I liked reading of Diana's adventures. I liked the characters.
Diana is back again in the sequel to the first book and this time she is adventuring into the Underworld in order to rescue her friends! The story picks up right after the first book and Diana is still reeling from the danger she faced in the previous book. This time, more children are going missing and her friends end up kidnapped. Diana realizes that she is also being targeted and that it is up to her to solve this mystery and find her friends before its too late. The gods and goddesses are much more prominent in this book and their powers are being heavily impacted. Diana must venture into the Underworld and rescue her friends before more children go missing.

This was a fun adventure and it was really nice to read more about Wonder Woman’s journey into becoming the warrior she is. She’s a great protagonist and the story was a great continuation in the journey of Diana.

*Thank you Netgalley and Random House Children's for sending me an arc in exchange for an honest review*
Disclaimer: I got an arc of this from @NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I'll be posting a review on this on pop-culturalist closer to the release date. But, WOW this book was so good and I loved the greek mythology aspect of it. Diana's dynamics with Hades and Persophone was very interesting. I'm not going into depth about this because I'll be writing a more detailed review for the magazine, but I think this is perfect for young readers!
Another fabulous story by Aisha Saeed! I love their stories about Diana. Action packed. Great plot. Beautiful cover. Held my attention the entire time.
Diana and the Underworld Odyssey is a fantastic adventure. This book is geared towards ages 8-12, but I quite enjoyed it. This is the second book in a series. I have not read the first book, Diana and the Island of No Return, but that didn’t stop me from enjoying this book. There are mentions of the first book which contain spoilers, but it was glossed over and did not effect my enjoyment of this story. Diana is a wonderful role model for kids. She is kind, courageous, and empathetic. After an attack on the Amazonian island of Themyscira, Diana meets with the council of Gods who are trying to solve the mystery surrounding the disappearance of powerful children. She ends up on a journey into the Underworld to try and rescue her kidnapped friends. Diana uses her intelligence and bravery to help her defeat the obstacles in her path. She makes both friends and foes along the way. This is an excellent story of perseverance and bravery for children and adults of all ages.

Thank you to NetGalley for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
I liked this better than the first book in the series, but I still didn't love it. All of the characters feel kind of underdeveloped, and Diana doesn't read as Wonder Woman so much as she reads like just any generic MG/YA fantasy heroine?