Cover Image: How Did I Get Here?

How Did I Get Here?

Whenever I see Christine preaching the Word or releasing a new book, I am excited to tune in. She is always open with her own life. She does not pull back when we need to hear the Truth. Christine has again offered us a book that will challenge us and cause us to look inward and examine our hearts and lives.
It's been years since I last read a book by Christine Caine and I was so excited to finally read another one. I found How Did I Get Here? a great reminder to remember to continually draw near to Christ. I can't wait to read more of her books, I definitely won't wait so long before reading another!
This was encouragement that I knew I needed. Christine Caine spoke with such genuine kindness to the people reading who feel far from God and never meant to be.
She made it abundantly clear that Jesus sees us and loves us and already has a way for us.
I was extremely encouraged by this book. I loved it. Highly recommend.
I downloaded this book to read as a mental 'reset' after being distracted by the various trials in life, and I'm glad I did.  It was a great encouragement to have someone spell out the obvious when you can't think straight.
The practicality of this book is what did it for me. I was very blessed to receive an early copy from NetGalley and the timing was perfect. The biblical foundation of this book was solid and the content was encouraging, agreeable and deep. This book instilled a renewal of hope for myself. I will be recommending this book to many!
How Did I Get Here by Christine Caine is a timely book that is needed for a lot of people who are struggling with many things, including the pandemic that never seems to end. Christine walks the reader through questions to ask yourself to determine where you are in your relationship with Jesus and if you' find you have drifted, she points you back to Jesus and how to regain the closeness you once had. Christine shares lots of personal stories to make her points. The book is easy to read and apply to your own life.

Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book for my honest opinion.
I first heard about this book on a podcast that Christine was on and it intrigued me. Once I began reading, it was like taking a deep dive into the spill she had given on the podcast, and it was fantastic! I’ve never read anything written by Christine, but this certainly won’t be the last time I read her writing!

Each chapter of the book is about ways we can drift away from God and how we can stop. It’s very practical and well written. I appreciated the honesty she gives in the book about how we do tend to drift and why it’s damaging to our relationship with Christ.

I would recommend this book to any of my friends and I definitely will be coming back to this book for reference. Well done!
I read Christine Caine’s Unashamed a few years back with my small group.  It was eye opening and really helped me with trauma I suffered from abuse.  I knew this one would be helpful as well.  Christine writes from a place of knowing.  I loved how this book was laid out into 9 steps, or signs, that you are drifting.  The ones that spoke to me the most  were:  You Stop Pressing and You Start Coasting and You Stop Hungering and Ypu Start Gorging.  This book made me stop to assess my life and ways I’ve already started to drift.
In the book How Did I Get Here, author and Bible teacher Christine Caine, writes about the drift she experienced in her own life. And the struggles she experienced to get back on track. She writes, “Here’s what I came to understand: we can be doing all the right Christian things, saying all the right Christian words, but, just like the followers in Hebrews, be adrift and drifting still further...”
Caine continues being honest about the struggles of her soul, “If I do not understand something God is doing, it does not suggest a problem with God. It just means I don’t get it. At least, not at the moment. We rarely have the whole picture all at once. It’s like we’re holding a piece of a jigsaw puzzle and God is holding the other 999 pieces that we don’t even know exist yet. We can’t see all that he is doing. But just because we can’t see all these things—just because we can’t trace God—doesn’t mean we shouldn’t trust God and believe that he isn’t working.”
This was a great read! I would highly recommend this book. I received a copy of this e-book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Christine Caine has done it again! Every time I’m in a period of transition and need a source of wisdom, I turn to her books and this one did not disappoint. No matter how far we have wandered - God is so good that He sends a word to draw us near!
It’s a subtle slippage that takes a solid believer from passionate engagement to auto-pilot. When author, speaker, and ministry head Christine Caine began to detect her own heart’s reluctance to keep pressing hard into ministry, when she found herself wanting to “take cover more than [she] wanted to take ground,” she asked a very natural question: How Did I Get Here?

The story of finding her way back when everything was pulling her away began with Hebrews 2:1: “Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it.”

The answer to a prone to wander heart is a closer attention and a more intentional leaning in to truth. In our following life, there is always a risk that we will begin to lose the awe of our salvation and the wonder of a right relationship with the God of the universe.

Busy-ness, inferior sources of security and significance, and the pull of our current cultural context are the undertow, causing us to drift away from a fervent love. Paying attention is the set anchor that keeps us in close communion with what’s important. Caine asks probing questions to encourage readers in self-assessment, always with grace, but alongside a sober warning that it is so easy to drift. “All you have to do is nothing.”

Many thanks to Net Galley and Revell for providing a copy of this book to facilitate my reviews which are, of course, offered freely and with honesty.
Have you ever just felt numb in your walk with God? Do you walk the walk and still believe, but just feel tiresome? This book is a realistic look of how we all get stuck in our Christianity, and even though we know Jesus is the answer, we still just can’t get unstuck. Christine Caine gives an honest testimony of her feelings while also explaining what takes the fire out of us, but also helps the reader realize how to get it back. This book is for anyone who needs a pep talk in their faith. This is a book to keep around for when the blahs come and you just can’t shake them. This was a perfect book at this time for me, and I can truly say it made me think and change my lazy patterns and to get back the ambition of being an on fire Christian. (I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher for my honest review.)
At one point or another, we all reflect on our lives with a bit of remorse and confusion, asking ourselves some very poignant questions. In her new book, "How Did I Get Here? Finding Your Way Back to God When Everything Is Pulling You Away," author and speaker Christine Caine attempts to explain why we occasionally drift away from what we once held dear, particularly in our relationships with Christ Jesus. Using intriguing - and often comical - personal experience stories, as well as scripture references, she gives us practical steps to take when we find ourselves in such a predicament.

This book is for any Christ-follower, like me, who struggles with what to do when life disappoints. Readers will certainly see themselves in the stories on these pages and laugh. They'll also be challenged to adjust their perspectives and press into the Lord, continually bringing their burdens to Him, being confident that He will never fail them.
By addressing the signs and causes of drifting in the faith, Christine Caine reminds us we can live lives of purpose and clarity, secure hope and faith. In this personal edition, Caine uses the foundation of Hebrews along with many Scripture references to encourage believers to a personal inventory in preventing drifts away from joy, peace, trust and community. The basics and guidelines are used well to provide intentional direction for life. Life stories and events give helpful examples to the text.

I received a complimentary copy of the book without obligation. This review is my opinion.
This is the first book I have read by Christine. It wasn’t bad. The chapters were designed to go through a way you could be pulling away from God, what to do, and personal stories. Some parts were slower than others but overall a decent book
This book! I thoroughly needed this book and the message Christine delivers. With anecdotes and personal examples, Christine reminds us of what is at stake if we drift and how we can fight the drift and stand firm for the Lord. Backed with scripture, Christine supports the importance of not drifting, how to see if we have, and how to anchor ourselves in the Lord.
Christine Caine is the ultimate hype-girl! If you have been feeling stuck, unmotivated, and somewhat lost in your faith journey... then this is the book for you.

Christine opens up about her own personal struggle and how she wanted to “ring the bell” (throw in the towel) and stop working for the kingdom as she has done all these years. She makes it clear that she didn’t want to leave her faith, but rather she found herself wanting to “coast” in her faith. “Coasting” offered the false idea of an easy walk, one that wouldn’t force her to endure the difficult elements.

She shares different facets of the “drifting” or “coasting” that can occur in the Christian life, what it looks like, and how to fight against it.

This is a great resource for someone who has come to a stagnant point in their Christian walk or has drifted into apathy. Christine encourages followers of Jesus to keep going and finish the race that God has called us to.
Christine Caine is a well-known Christian speaker, author, and co-founder of A21, a campaign to stop human-trafficking. In "How Did I Get Here?", Caine is speaking to believers who have found themselves drifting away from the Christian faith. In each chapter, she reveals a reason why the reader may have drifted, such as a lack of prayer, a refusal to meet with fellow Christians, and the inability to give up control. I especially resonated with her initial example of faith as an anchor that requires more from us than simply dropping it into the water passively and expecting it to hold. I would recommend this book to any believer who wants to strengthen their faith.

Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC. All opinions are my own.
How Did I Get Here ? By Christine Caine  is an honest intimate  book.  It is a mix of real life situations and scripture. Different way we can find ourselves drifting from God are identified and most importantly way to stop the drifting abs draw closer to God. It is a timely book after coming out of a pandemic.  Excellent book !!
It's been awhile since a book has convicted me like How Did I Get Here?, leaving me thinking about my own spiritual walk and if I am currently drifting.  I have been feeling stagnant in my faith for awhile, almost to the point that I'm starting to not even go through the motions anymore, but reading this book lit something inside me, and I felt a spark I haven't felt in a long time...hope.

While I know that change isn't going to happen overnight, my heart is again full of hope, and I have to thank God for using this amazingly deep and raw resource to start to move the stagnant waters of my heart, and help me learn how to once again drop my anchor.

Christine Caine also found herself in uncharted waters, and in one moment, after much soul searching, she realized that she had unknowingly drifted, and this is where me, and many I've spoken to, especially since the pandemic, have also found themselves.  How Did I Get Here? is Christine's personal story, and an invitation for the reader to join her on her journey as she checks each spiritual "link" one by one, prompting the reader to do the same, each link leading to the anchor of Jesus.

Filled with both heart and gospel, and chock full of Biblical references, and real talk, this resource not only gives sound doctrine to each point that is made, but it also urges you to dive deeper in study on your own, something I very much appreciated.

How Did I Get Here? is such a rich reference that I am already going back and doing a deeper study on my own.  I can see that God is using this resource to reach me, and I can see this publication being a game changer for many.