Cover Image: Greenwich Park

Greenwich Park

First things first, don't you just love that cover? It's so gorgeous.

GREENWICH PARK is a strong domestic suspense novel. I think fans of suspense and thriller novels are sure to enjoy it.

I have two minor complaints. The beginning is somewhat of a slow build up. Faulkner takes her time setting things up. However, I didn't necessary mind because I enjoyed getting to know the characters. This leads me, though, to my second minor complaint: Helen is so relatable and yet so clueless and naive. I became frustrated with how obtuse she was.

Ultimately, these minor complaints did not detract from my enjoyment of the novel, which is well-written and sophisticated. I liked how the author handled the past versus the present. Aside from the slow beginning, the storyline kept my interest. The characters are fleshed out nicely (except for the aforementioned concern about Helen) and the ending feels satisfying. I will look forward to more from this author.
I am still processing the ending because it did NOT end the way I was thinking it was going to. I’ll admit the beginning was a bit slow for me, but then it started to pick up and I am so happy that I got to read this. Thank you again so much for letting me read this amazing book!

I really enjoyed getting to read from a different perspective. It definitely gave me an insight on what Katie, Helen and Serena were thinking and going through. The ending was mind blowing. I really thought either Charlie or Rory killed Rachel. Serena and Daniel, I didn’t even think they were capable of murder because they were always in the background barely talking.
This is one of the best books I've read in a while. The authors writing style grips you right from the beginning and keeps you hooked. I read this within a few hours; I couldn't put it down.

I had several theories as to what was going on, who did what, who this Rachel was and what she wanted, but was completely wrong in the end. I definitely did not guess the twist and normally I can. Goes to show that you really don't know someone's true intentions. You never know who people really are.

If you love Thrillers and Suspense type books, I highly recommend this book.

This was a pretty steady paced thriller, and I really enjoyed reading it!

Helen has a life that many would dream of; a successful architect husband, a beautiful home, and now with a baby on the way, things couldn’t get much better.

Then enters Rachel, a mother-to-be that Helen meets at a prenatal class. Rachel may seem a bit eccentric, but Helen finds her intriguing and fun to be around, especially since she doesn’t have many friends. Soon, though, Helen realizes there is something off about her, and her friends and family are beginning to notice it too. Maybe it’s because Rachel knows a secret that could turn everyone’s lives upside down. But how far is she willing to go to destroy their lives?

This was a great thriller, and it kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end…and boy what an ending! I honestly thought I had everyone figured out, but I should’ve known better. These characters are so dynamic and harboring so many secrets, it’s no wonder I never saw them for who they truly were until the story came full circle.

Highly recommend!

I loved this book, what a fabulous debut novel! While I guessed part of the reveal, the plotting was superb. Greenwich Park involves compelling characters, family drama, unreliable narrators, and tons of long held secrets.
I read this book in two days. It was nearly impossible to put down.
Helen is finally pregnant with a probable viable baby after four miscarriages. She meets Rachel in her local prenatal class and befriends the odd, eccentric, young woman when her husband , brother and his wife fail to show up as promised.  But nothing is as it seems and Helen begins to question her sanity.  It was refreshing to read a mystery with likable characters. I do hope Ms. Faulkner keeps writing.
I had a hard time getting into Greenwich Park by Katherine Faulkner, but the prose was nice on what I did enjoy.
The plot kept me interested but ALL of the characters were unlikeable. I wanted to like Helen but all of her “mummy and daddy” stuff over and over again was very grating.
I had a hard time getting  into this book and finishing it. Nothing exciting happens until you're halfway through, and even then it felt like a chore to wade through the excess. Quite enjoyed the various perspectives throughout the book however, that was about it.
Helen, an expectant mother with an outwardly perfect life, makes an acquaintance in her childbirth prep class that she can't shake. As the relationship grows more intense, Helen and her family begin to suspect that the new friend is connected to a shared secret from their past. The author uses three narrators, each with a unique voice.
A good domestic thriller has high stakes and a ticking clock, leading to a reveal that is both surprising and believable. Greenwich Park succeeds in delivering ratcheting tension and a satisfying ending. I will recommend to fans of Ruth Ware and Kimberly Belle.

Thank you to Gallery Books and Netgalley for a digital copy for review.
Goodness I knew as soon as I saw this book I would love it!! And I really did.. the characters were phenomenal and the storytelling was fantastic. Y’all have got to read this one, it will keep you guessing until the very end!
Definitely a page turner. I kept wondering what the heck was wrong with this strange new friend that is supposedly pregnant but parties like a rock star. Lots of twists and turns that I didn’t see coming!
This is an excellent debut for Katherine Faulkner and I would definitely read future books by her.  After reading the first page, I definitely formed an opinion about how this would end and was so completely wrong, which makes me happy that the author was creative and offered such a teaser to get the story started.  The story is told from multiple characters and sometimes the transitions were a little bumpy as I had to keep reminding who myself who the narrator was.  I thought the addition of the Greenwich Park narration was especially intriguing. While other reviewers felt the ending drug out too long, I found it just perfect, especially the final sentence.  This was an intriguing story with a wide cast of characters and excellent writing.  I received an ARC of this e-book from the publisher Gallery Books through NetGalley and I appreciate the opportunity to read it and provide feedback.
Follow the bread crumbs to the last page. A domestic thriller from a promising new author, filled with twist.
I really enjoyed this character-driven thriller, Greenwich Park by Katherine Faulkner. This compelling London-based story focuses on Helen and her marriage, pregnancy, siblings, and friendship with fellow soon-to-be mom Rachel. With lots of complex characters, this intriguing narrative is told from three POVs, gullible Helen, her perfect sister-in-law Serena, and her brother's journalist girlfriend, Katie. Lots of secrets and deception, tension, twists and turns, and an unexpected, really satisfying ending. A well-written, riveting debut; I look forward to reading more from impressive newcomer Katherine Faulkner.
Thank you to NetGalley for providing a digital ARC of Greenwich Park in exchange for an honest review.
This was a fast-paced, page-turner - a perfect beach read! I was intrigued from the very beginning. I definitely had the sense of foreboding and there were lots of twists and turns throughout. Most of the chapters were short, which made it hard to put down.  I also enjoyed that it was told from three different points of view, which really helped to get inside the minds of each of the characters. My only criticism is that the ending dragged out a bit, otherwise I loved the writing style and most of the characters. I didn't realize until I finished that this was a debut novel for Katherine Faulkner - well done! I can't wait to read her next one!
Very well written mystery/thriller. Enjoyed the setting and the characters and the twisty plot. A fantastic debut!

Ooooh, now this is what a thriller should be!  I absolutely devoured this dark, twisty piece of suspense glory.

Helen is living the life. Fancy house, with child, handsome successful husband. Then she meets Rachel during her prenatal class.  Maybe the friendship she needed? Maybe not? I mean, she’s pregnant too. And Helen is bored being at home all the time. As Rachel’s behavior begins to make Helen uncomfortable more questions arise.

This book was intelligently written. I loved the atmosphere it created. I felt like I was there in each situation, like I knew the characters. I don’t know if I would call this a slow-burn thriller, but I do know that it comes to a point where it takes off and I couldn’t put it down.   And it’s a debut?! I cannot wait to read more from Katherine Faulkner.

I would recommend this to thriller lovers of all! Thank you to Simon & Schuster for the chance to read this.
This thriller was impossible to put down! Katherine Faulkner toes the line of fun, flippant comedy and intense, dramatic thriller. Pregnant and suddenly alone at a prenatal class, Helen gets paired up with the edgy and brazen Rachel. Then she can't stop seeing her- pretty much everywhere she goes. When Rachel ends up at their house one day, bruised and battered... Helen figures out that something isn't right. She can't seem to escape her friendship with Rachel and it seems to be dredging up lots of old, buried memories and new family drama.

If you have ever read a thriller before, you know there are twists and turns coming, and although some pieces of it were predictable, that was part of the fun! Right when I thought some piece of the mystery would be revealed, I'd be yanked in another direction. I liked the main character, Helen, and felt she was relatable - imperfect for sure, but I had empathy for her and could see how she got roped into her friendship with Rachel, This book was just what I needed this summer!
Helen has trouble making friends; at present she has two. Katie, her childhood friend, is involved in reporting on a rape trial and Serena, her brother’s wife, busy with her photography. When she meets Rachel in a pre-natal class, despite her flashy appearance and actions, she is happy to have someone to talk to. Helen works hard to stay focused and calm, having suffered four miscarriages. As time passes, however, Rachel’s involvement in her new friend’s life grows intense. It starts to wear on Helen, especially when her family members seem irritated and uncomfortable. What is Rachel’s hold over these people? Katherine Faulkner’s novel is filled with deceptions, anxious moments and an occasional heart-stopping surprise. It is a page-turner from beginning to end.
Greenwich Park is a domestic thriller that focuses primarily on the life of Helen, a pregnant woman who meets a strange new friend, Rachel, at her maternity classes. We also meet a small cast of characters, sometimes reading from their point of view. Rachel seems to show up everywhere, quickly integrating herself into Helen's world. We meet Helen's husband, who can't be bothered to show up at her prenatal classes, her brother, and his wife Serena, whom is the object of envy by our Helen. Eventually someone disappears and foul play is suspected. The reader then follows along as the mystery unravels.

I enjoyed the read, but found the characters infuriating and lacking. Helen seemed highly naïve and oblivious, not seeming to notice some obvious red flags along the way. I found myself irritated with her. Otherwise, the writing was fine, the book flowed well, and I stayed to find out what had happened. It was a fun read.