Cover Image: Right Behind Her

Right Behind Her

Sherif Bree Taggert has to face memories of the past when bodies are found buried on the property where she was raised until her Father murdered her Mother.  This was a great addition to the Bree Taggert series altho it could be read as a stand alone.   The mystery starts from the beginning of the book and keeps you hooked til the last page.   There is a great cast of characters and a romance too.  Thank you to net galley for an advanced readers copy.
Thank you to #NetGalley for allowing me to read #RightBehindHer by #MelindaLeigh
This is the fourth book in the Bree Taggert Series and this one is very close to home.
Growing up was not easy in the Taggert household and culminated in the father killing her mother and the shooting himself while the 3 children hid terrified.
Now skeletons have been found in a shallow grave on the old property and forensics show it happened around the same time. Did her father kill these people too? Bree needs to find the truth before the past overtakes the future.
Sheriff Bree Taggert finds out that cold cases can be very dangerous in Right Behind Her By Melinda Curtis. This is the fourth book in Ms. Leigh's Bree Taggert series. The bones of what turns out to be two bodies are found on the grounds of Bree's childhood home. Discovering what happened and who murdered them had Bree and her boyfriend Matt Flynn hustling to solve the case. I really enjoyed all the action and suspense in this story. Bree and Matt are a great couple and I was happy to see the progress in their relationship. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.

I received an ARC in exchange for a honest review.
Thank you NetGalley for the ARC of Right Behind Her by Melinda Leigh that I read and reviewed.
This was the fourth book in the Bree Taggert series by Leigh and if continued with Bree’s story as sheriff and her romance with Matt Flynn. This book seemed to move slower then previous ones but overall, it was pretty good and it made Bree face more of her demons from her past when bodies where found on the land that she grew up on and she had to figure out if her father was behind the murders.
I was torn between two suspects for this crime and I will admit I picked the wrong one. I guess I went with the easy one. This book was a good read and I enjoyed learning more about Bree and her family. I do wish it would have moved faster in some spots but other then that this was a good addition to the Bree Taggert series.
Right Behind her gets four out of five stars from me.
If you’ve read any of the first three Bree Taggert books, you know that she has struggled since her parents died in a murder/suicide twenty-seven years ago when she was eight.  Her father’s evil ways have helped form her into the woman she is today, strong, loving, honest, but hesitant to trust enough to form a relationship with a man.

When her sister died, she returned to her hometown to raise her sister’s children and is now the county sheriff.  Her brother, Adam, who was an infant when his parents died, has always craved a family connection.  When he buys their old, abandoned family home in a bid to find that connection, it is no wonder that Bree is concerned.

She goes with him to face her fears and see the house she hasn’t seen in twenty-seven years.  Of course, things go south from there.  They find an intruder hiding in the barn who attacks Bree and is ultimately arrested.  Then they find old bones on the property belonging to a man and woman who were murdered in a gruesome way thirty years ago, perhaps by her father.

This is a fast-moving story with many suspects, but I had no trouble keeping up.  This is an exciting story that had me suspecting just about everyone.  There is a little bit of romance here as Bree learns to trust the ever-dependable Matt, but the true story is the crazy, heart-pounding race to find the killer or killers.

My thanks to NetGalley and Montlake for the chance to read this exciting book in exchange for my honest opinion.  I gave it four stars!

Publication Date:  9/14/21
Another winner in the Bree Taggart series. This book has a good murder mystery that keeps the reader guessing. The plot twists are creative and interesting.
This was a thrilling next chapter in the series.  This book kept me up late reading as I raced through the book to discover what was going to come next.
This was a really well written book and I can definitely see the potential, however this book just wasn’t for me......
Sheriff Bree Taggert's family home holds nothing but bad memories and she struggles to understand why her brother bought it when it went up for auction. Visiting the farm house for the first time in almost three decades Bree only agrees to enter the building to help Adam learn more about their notorious family's history.

After discovering bones on their land Bree finds herself in charge of a murder investigation with her late father as the main suspect. Having spent almost her entire life locking away the trauma of her childhood, Bree knows the time has come when, to do her job properly, she will finally have to face memories she would rather forget.

This is the fourth installment of Melinda Leigh's latest blockbuster series this time featuring Sheriff Bree Taggert and her family. Although the main protagonist she is surrounded by a cast of now familiar and reassuring characters to help her fight the growing list of seriously disturbing antagonists. This time Bree and brother Adam's family history is brought back into sharp focus but with a slightly different slant to give it a new perspective.

Once again the investigation is mixed with a home life Bree is still getting used to and the whole experience made for an exciting and revealing read. There are at least two more books in this series and if they are as good as this we are in for a treat. Hopefully it will mean more chances to visit with previous series favourites which is always a pleasure.

I was able to read an advanced copy of this book thanks to NetGalley and the publishers but the opinions expressed are my own. Once again Melinda Leigh has written a highly recommended blinder!
Every time a new book in this series comes out, I immediately drop everything and devour it. This installment was no different! I flew through this in one sitting. It’s fast paced, mysterious, tense, and full of suspense. I love returning to the characters and watching their development through the books. This series is one of my favorites and I loved this book in the series! My thanks to the publisher for the advance reader in exchange for my honest review.
Yet again, I’ve chosen to read the second book in a series without having read the first. And it’s another female law enforcement officer series, but set in New York State. Bree still has an ugly family history to process. However, two bodies are found on the old family farm. Who are the skeletal remains and what does it have to do with Bree? It’s a good whodunit book. I like  Bree’s dedication and her growing attachment to Matt. The story got a bit gruesome but that’s on par with a book like this. The mystery angle was intriguing, but reading this as a stand alone is possible to glean all the necessary info to figure out past references. Reading the first book in the series is a good idea, though.
Sheriff bree Taggert's father killed her mother and then himself and now 27 years later her brother Adam has recently purchasing their family farm and human bones belonging to a man and woman have been found on the grounds and they have both been murdered in the same grisly way!
When it is discovered that these murders took place 30 years ago Bree's father becomes the main suspect. The only other suspect is Shawn who is squatting on the farm and claims to know all her family secrets  but when he dissapears and Bree's neice is kidnapped the cold case is far from cold !!!!!

Melinda Leigh is one of my absolute favourite authors and I've read all of her books to date and loved every one of them but this is one of my favourites and definitely my favourite of the Bree Taggert series so far !!! I love Bree Taggert she is so strong despite all she has been through and I love how her relationship is evolving with Matt too ... can't wait for #5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sheriff Brea Taggert is back and better than ever! When she and her younger brother go back to the house they were living in when Brea had to save her baby brother, Adam, and younger sister Erin, from a ruthless father who was killing their mother. Brea never wanted to ever go back, but Adam wanted to see what he could that would maybe help him deal with the traumatic past. They found more than they bargained for, bodies of two people buried in a shallow grave in the back yard where the dogs her father kept were chained. Could her father have killed them too? But even if her dead father was involved it seems that evil is still out there and just maybe it has a new target. Bree needs to get at the truth no matter where it leads. Awesome book, good characters and lots of action with a romantic relationship possibly growing. I highly recommend this book! This is my honest opinion. Thank you NetGalley, Melinda Leigh and Montlake publishers for the digital ARC. Read the whole series it’s very good!
I like this author and the detective in this story -  Melinda Leigh's books are easy to read and enjoyable.  Thank you
I think this series is getting better and better with each new book and I couldn’t recommend it enough to be honest.
It’s probably one of my favourite now after reading all four of them (as of now) and I’m so looking forward to seeing where the author is taking me with all the twists and turns that come along in Bree’s professional life and especially personal one.
Moreover, after the updates we get to see in Right behind her.
That ending left me mouth opened, and that’s very rarely happening as after reading so many suspenseful thrillers, I would say I can predict most of them but not in here.
Another must-read book that many readers will enjoy immensely.
While it is helpful to read the previous books in this series, you can jump in here and still enjoy it, although you will be missing some important background pieces about the characters. This one closes some loops from previous books and the suspenseful aspects are great.  a good read.
Right Behind Her is the fourth book in the Bree Taggert series. It's an action-packed thriller with romance and suspense that keeps the reader guessing until the end. Sheriff Taggert can't seem to escape her traumatic childhood but solving crimes seems to help. When human remains are found in the same place on her family's farm that her parents died, past gossip comes back with a vengeance. Bree and her investigator, Matt Flynn, have to work fast before the killer strikes again. Recommended.
Thank you to NetGalley. the publishing house and the author for the opportunity to read an advance reader copy of this book in return for a review based upon my honest opinion.

This is the fourth book in the Bree Taggart series, it could easily be read as a standalone book but it would be better as part of the series. This is the book I was waiting for, a look into Bree’s past. When Bree finally agrees to go to the old family farm with her brother Adam, little does she know they’re going to find skeletons in the backyard. This brings to the forefront the story of Bree‘s parents and her and her siblings from when she was a little girl. Bree‘s father killed their mother and committed suicide while the children hid under the doorstep. How she has dealt with this all these years no one knows but this case is about to test all of her memories and all of her fears. Is her father guilty of more murders? How do the victims know one another; they are from different walks of life. What secrets are the townspeople hiding? Will Bree Finally be able to let her guard down with Matt and let him help her.

I love this series and cannot wait to read more about Sheriff Bree Taggert, her family and the members of her team.
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I am a big fan of this series - the stories are always fast-paced and engaging, and I love the character growth in each new installment. Bree and her brother Adam are at the old family house when they find someone camping on the land. While chasing him, they discover decades-old graves and bones. The old case and new investigation stir up a lot of rage and resentments as the killer tries to keep old secrets buried.
Thank you #Netgalley for the advanced copy!

I enjoy the mysteries of Melinda Leigh and was excited to get a copy of this new one following Sheriff Bree Taggert.  Bree came from a troubled home that ultimately left her and her two siblings orphans after her father killed their mother then himself on their family farm.  The surviving siblings did their best to move on, but their life hasn't been easy.  Ultimately Bree lost her sister and became the guardian of her niece and nephew all while being the sheriff of the small town. Bree's best friend Dana moved to be near her to help raise the kids/animals, and her coworker Matt has become her boyfriend.

While visiting her old family farm with her brother, they uncovered bones....not the bones of their parents.  This leads to a large investigation involving multiple families in the town.  Many of which who did not want to live in the past and not talk about what happened 30 years ago.  Bree does her best to balance the personal components and her work with the help of Matt.  A very interesting read!