Cover Image: Welcome to Ferry Lane Market

Welcome to Ferry Lane Market

A lovely fun heartwarming book.   Kara is a great main character and I love her story of her trip to New York not knowing who her benefactor is, and this book is a great setting for the new series so looking forward to the next ones.
A real feel good read
Another great book by Nicola
Think this is going to be a great series looking forward to book number two
Thanks NetGalley
Kara loves her life in ferry lane market once she's got rid of her useless boyfriend. A surprise all paid for holiday from an unknown donor takes her away to build her self esteem but will life chnage when she returns.? A good holiday read.
This book is brilliant I love these book the characters were all so lovely they was amazing I loved the story x The cover so pretty made me smile I would have loved to live in this town.
Although thirty-three year old Kara Moon loves her hometown of Hartmouth in Cornwall, she has always wondered if she should have followed her dream of leaving to study floristry. But she couldn't bring herself to leave her emotionally delicate single father, and has worked on Ferry Lane Market's flower stall ever since leaving school.
When her good-for-nothing boyfriend cheats on her and steals her life savings, she finally dumps him and rents out her spare room as an Airbnb. Gossip flies around the town as Kara welcomes a series of foreign guests to her flat overlooking the estuary.
Then an anonymous postcard arrives, along with a plane ticket to New York. And there begins the first of three trips of a lifetime, during which she will learn important lessons about herself, her life and what she wants from it - and perhaps find love along the way.
Thank you to Netgally and the publishers for allowing me to read this book.
I find that when you need cheering up you cant really go wrong with a Nicola May book and this was no exception. The ability to be able to lose large chunks of time whilst the world continues around me is something i love and as with all Nicola Mays books i was able to do just that! Its hard when you get into a book and know the first boyfriend is an idiot she needs to get rid of, that may be an age thing though as most of us have been there. I cannot wait for the next in the series and hope i love it much as I did the Cockleberry Bay series.
Another great read from Nicola May.

Welcome to Ferry Lane Market starts a new series of books. It tells the story of Kara who lives in a small town in Cornwall, and works in the local florists. She's recently split with her boyfriend, Jago and is dealing with bereavement and family issues too.
When she is surprised with a worldwide trip, we see her visit New York and Australia. But does her heart belong at home?
A lovely opening book to start off Kara's story. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to read this, in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoyed this book, I found the story lighthearted and uplifting and enjoyed following Kara’s journey and her growth as a character. All the characters in the book were so endearing, and I fell in love with the setting, all the descriptions of Ferry Street Lane were really vivid and I could almost picture the sights and smells of the market as if I were there. . Overall a beautiful read which put a big smile on my face. Looking forward to the next in the series already.
Welcome To Ferry Lane Market by Nicola May is, as always with this author, a wonderful feel good story that’s pure escapism at its very best. The perfect read for summer, it is a fabulous start to a brand new series. With a varied cast of characters who I’m sure we’ll learn even more about as the series continues, this first story focuses on Kara Moon, who finds herself at a crossroads in her life. Cheated on by her good for nothing boyfriend, she decides to rent out her spare room as an Airbnb, with often hilarious results. And then an anonymous letter arrives, along with a plane ticket to New York, sending Kara’s life spinning in a whole new direction…

I love Nicola May’s writing. There’s a warmth and humour to it that draws you into these characters lives from the moment you begin reading, making you care about what happens to them from the outset. But as always with this author’s work, Welcome To Ferry Lane Market is far from just a light and airy read, it’s also a book that touches on more serious issues, with its wonderful blend of both happy and sad moments transforming it into a moving and uplifting read that once started I did not want to put down.

Nicola May has written a charming book that will fill the gap left behind when her wonderful Cockleberry Bay series came to an end. It’s a pure delight from beginning to end and I loved every emotion filled word of it. If Welcome To Ferry Lane Market is anything to go by, we’re in for a real treat as this series continues and I can’t wait to see where this talented author is going to take this larger than life cast of characters next.

Highly recommended.
What a fantastic novel and a great start to a new  series. The characters come to life and the Cornish settings are very well described, it makes you feel as though you are there living the life in each chapter. Well written and a pleasure to read. 5 stars.
Nicola May starts her Ferry Lane Market series off with a bang and I'm totally here for it! We start off with meeting Kara Moon getting the hunch that her boyfriend is not just lazy, but also a cheater, and (not a) shocker, Kara is proven correct, but he is not the first person that has not done her wrong, but one in the many that just takes advantage, in fact, it would be easier to make a list of actual nice people in Kara's life. So when a postcard arrives along with a plane ticket to New York, she would be crazy not to go...right?

You cannot help but not relate to Kara's character, her fun personality and warm spirit draws you to her, but she is a peacekeeper and somewhat of a pleaser, but then after her mother abandoned her in her teenage years and her sister looking down upon Kara from her high profile job, it was just Kara, her Dad and her Granddad against the world. But you also have to love her sassiness, especially with her relationship with Billy. But I have to say that my favorite scene was the meeting in Barcelona! yes! I was totally yelling throughout the whole scene!!

What a start to a new series, I cannot wait for the next book! oh there is SO much I want to say right here, but I don't want to spoil the book! but the book was absolutely fantastic!!
I absolutely loved this book. For the first time in a long time I had a book that I couldn't put down. It was well written and I enjoyed reading about all of the characters. Roll on book 2!
My goodness me, what a read! A page-turning story full of love, family, and humour and thoroughly enjoyable.

I really liked Kara’s character. She’s emotionally real and because of that, she’s easy to connect with. But actually, I loved all the characters in this book! Every member of Ferry Lane Market is rounded and believable, giving such a brilliant cast that I’m already looking forward to the next one in the series.

Nicola May is an absolute legend and this new series is definitely not to be missed.
I listened to a chat around Christmas time where Nicola was discussing her previous series Cockleberry Bay. I immediately purchased the first book in the series after the chat.  Sadly I haven't managed to read it yet but when I saw Rachel was organising this tour I knew I had to sign up.

Kara Moon is my sort of girl. She is very down to earth and she is a hard worker. She has a big heart and is clearly loved by all of the locals. I think me and Kara would be excellent friends.

This book is set in the fictional town of Hartmouth in Cornwall. I haven’t been to Cornwall since I was a teenager so I would really love to go again especially after reading this book. Nicola does an excellent job of describing the town and its surroundings. It made me feel like I was really there. I really loved all the locals and I can’t wait to read more books set in Ferry Lane. The market sounds like just the place I would love to go visit.

This is an easy read that will give you all the emotions. You can easily sit for a few hours and not notice how long you have been reading. There are some sad parts but they are sprinkled with lots of happiness. I can’t wait to read more of Nicola’s books.
This tale of Kara Moon was a really nice read and I am happy that it is the first in a series set in Hartmouth, featuring Kara and her friends and family.

Kara is a nice girl who is a bit, well, stuck. She is in a dead-end relationship with her boyfriend Jago, she stayed at home instead of going to college which leaves her at the mercy of Lydia at the flower shop and she has never left Cornwall. She really doesn't know what she wants from life, but things are about to change.

By the end of the book, Kara has had all sorts of adventures and her family and friends have clearly demonstrated their love for her in a myriad of ways. I loved the older generation much more than the younger one - Harry, Joe, Pearl - all fabulous people.

I enjoyed this book, but the first half seemed to meander a little bit for me. I didn't get all that emotionally involved so I see this as a good read, just not a great read.

4 stars from me.

Thank you to NetGalley and Hodder & Stoughton.
The books heroine Kara is initially shown as a timid kind of person who even though knows that her boyfriend is upto no good still maintains their relationship. The story is about the changes that happens once Kara decides to take charge of her life, kick out her boyfriend, rent her home out as an Airbnb, nudge her father to place himself on the dating path and thanks to her mysterious benefactor travel to London and other adventures. What I loved most in the book is  the close knit community where everyone knows each other and are ready to help one another and the unravelling of Kara's journey.
A book worth a read at least once, 3.5 star rating.
Iam grateful to Netgalley for offering me this book in advance in exchange for my unbiased review.
It's the first book I read by this author and won't surely be the last as I loved it.
A great heroine, strong willed and clever, a warm community and a riveting plot that kept me hooked.
The author delivers a heartwarming story and I can't wait to read another and travel back to Ferry Lane
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Loved this book, can show you what amazing friends and family you can have and you can broaden your horizons.
I have been a fan of Nicola’s work for a while now.  I haven’t quite caught up with everything that she has written but I am getting there.  I especially love the bestselling ‘Cockleberry Bay’ series.  When I heard that Nicola was due to release the first book in a new series, I just knew that I had to read it as soon as I could.  I managed to get my hands on a copy and I just dived straight in.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘Welcome To Ferry Lane Market’ but more about that in a bit.
I loved the character of Kara Moon and I warmed to her from the very start.  In fact it wasn’t long before I considered her to be a friend of mine and I felt all protective towards her.  She is a lovely young lass in her early thirties, who works for a local florist, who to be blunt abuses Kara’s good nature and exploits her.  Kara was in a relationship with a good for nothing waste of space.  I won’t go too far into details but needless to say the rusty and blunt pair of scissors would be making a comeback if you get my drift.  Kara’s mother did a flit when Kara was still very young and Kara’s father brought Kara and her sister up as a single parent.  Father and daughter share a very close bond.  I kept everything crossed that Kara would get the happy ever after ending that she so deserves.  What happens?  Well for the answer to that question and so much more you are just going to have to read the book for yourselves to find out as I am not going to tell you.
‘Welcome To Ferry Lane Market’ was a delight to read from start to finish.  As soon as I picked the book up and started to read, I knew that I wasn’t going to do much other than reading for the rest of the day.  I just couldn’t put the book down.  I don’t mean that the book was glued to my hand but it might as well have been because it travelled everywhere with me.  I couldn’t bear to miss a single second of the story.  The pages seemed to turn that quickly that it was almost as if they were turning themselves and the page numbers became a blur.  I was so wrapped up in the story that I lost all track of time and just how quickly I was getting through the story.  This was one of those books that really did cheer me up and it was the tonic that I needed.  I found ‘Welcome To Ferry Lane Market’ to be a comforting and heart warming read, which held my attention throughout.
I found ‘Welcome To Ferry Lane Market’ to be superbly written but then to be fair that is certainly true of Nicola’s books in general.  She certainly knows how to grab your attention and draw you into this delightful story.  I love the very realistic and vivid way in which Nicola writes her stories as she makes me feel as though I am part of the story myself and she makes places come alive.  She made the Ferry Lane Market sounds so idyllic that I was almost ready to pack a bag and go for a visit.  I found myself becoming far too involved in the story to the extent that I felt myself sharing the emotions that Kara was going through.
In short, I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘Welcome To Ferry Lane Market’ and I wholeheartedly recommend this book to other readers.  I will certainly be reading more of Nicola’s work in the future.  The score on the Ginger Book Geek board is a very well deserved 5* out of 5*.
This was a really good read. Easy story to follow, charming setting and great characters. Really enjoyed it.
A heartfelt novel of family, love, trust and self esteem.  Kara's confidence has been eroded due to an eight year controlling relationship with boyfriend Jago.  As she finds the courage to start anew, her life takes another blow.
Although this sounds quite dark, this is a lively story full of engaging characters, great scenery and unexpected twists.  With the help of friends and family Kara learns how to believe in herself.
A great family read full of sound advice.