Cover Image: Never Mix Sin with Pleasure

Never Mix Sin with Pleasure

So, for me, this was just an average historical. I feel like I've read this story before, and that all of the plot points were predictable. I will most likely come back and revisit this at some point, and give it another chance after I've had a break from historical.
I am a  big fan of Romance books and I found this one to be a very enjoyable read.  I will be looking for more books from this author.
I enjoyed this book. This engaging read offers up an entertaining combination of drama, emotions, heart, excitement, humor, adventure and romance. The storyline held my attention very well and the main characters captured my heart. I felt that Olivia and Anthony were quite likable and I could easily feel for them. I really loved them as a couple and the feels they gave me were delightful. I am posting a forthright, volitional review.
A wonderful story with everything needed to keep you turning the pages! Adventure, secrets, intrigue and a fated meeting that will begin a strong romance!!

She grew up in as an orphan, and now is on a mission to donate money to help the children. How can she do that?  By being a paid companion and gaining information so she can steal from the rich and give to the orphans!

He feels terrible because and accident gets her fired so he offers her a job to be a companion to his grandmother. By chance he finds out she can be a help to him his books that he cannot grasp.

As these two work together and support each other, it seems a romance begins to spark! Simply marvelous! I read this through NetGallery.
Okay, so Olivia was alright. I don't feel anything about Anthony. Loved the grandma and  parrot Atticus. They seemed to be the only interesting characters so far. Lol! The writing style was okay. But I did cringe a few times. Just lost interest at one point and had to dnf it. I am not gonna force myself to finish this book when I know that I'm not gonna like the end result. This book did have a lot of potential though and I thought I was gonna like like it more. Sigh!
The unexpected!

I will admit to a couple of laughs when Olivia Michaels, mild companion extraordinaire during the day to a haughty Dowager, and rooftop thief “The Phantom” by night, plunges into the wrong carriage due to the mass of parcels she’s carrying, landing right on top of one of the towns most notorious rakes, Lord Anthony Trent.
Mayhem ensues and Olivia ends up dismissed on the spot by her mean spirited, gossipy mistress.
Having another goal in mind Olivia must continue to find employment in circles that will unlock the movements of the targets she means to rob. The reasons to Olivia’s pointed mission, those particular men is becomes obvious once we know her story. Olivia, in desperation confronts Lord Anthony, demanding he find her employment— which he supplies in the form of part time companion for his grandmother, the very decided Dowager, and as part time assistant to him.
And thereby comes the answer and cause to much of Trent’s outrageous behaviour.
Fascinating beginning to a story that just didn’t quite hold the line for me.

A Kensington Books ARC via NetGalley
I received an ARC of this book to read in exchange for a fair review. All opinions are my own.
Never Mix Sin With Pleasure is the fifth book in Renee Ann Miller’s Infamous Lords series.
It can be read as a stand-alone. The first time Olivia Michaels meets Lord Anthony Trent, she trips over his feet and tosses her employer's undergarments over his head. Accidentally entering the wrong carriage leads to her dismissal. When she seeks out Anthony to ask him to explain what happened, he hires her to be a companion to his grandmother and to help him with the accounting work he is doing while his brother is out of town. For years Anthony has been hiding the fact that he struggles to read numbers, Olivia’s help is a godsend to him, and hopefully, she won’t discover his secret. Olivia, too has a secret one that could have her hanged or transported should it be discovered. As they spend time together, their attraction grows, but it seems that those secrets will forever keep them apart. I enjoyed reading this book and the other books in the series. Steam Level: Medium. Publishing Date: June 29. 2021. #NeverMixSinWith Pleasure. #ReneeAnnMiller #KensingtonBooks #ZebraRomanceNovels #HistoricalRomance #HistoricalRomanceSeries #bookstagram #bookstagramer
I loved this story so much! The characters both felt unlovable in their own ways, each having their own dark secret that caused them shame. And they both found acceptance and love with each other regardless. I loved their chemistry and how you could feel it coming off the page. Well written! #netgalley #nevermixsinwithpleasure
Olivia Michaels is determined to avenge her friend’s past history but soon finds herself struggling to keep her job and carry out her plan. Her mistake in stumbling into the carriage of Lord Anthony Trent, loses her the job of a lady’s companion but she then finds herself, working for the Anthony’s grandmother. His brother has left him in charge of the estate, but rather than reveal his difficulty with numbers, he decides to seek Olivia’s assistance. The more time they spend together, the more they begin to reveal the inner secrets to the other.
A thoroughly enjoyable story with two main characters, who the author so cleverly weaves into the reader’s mind. Whilst they are flawed characters, particularly in the case of Olivia, I found that she was the perfect partner to Anthony, who is filled with self-doubt. Combined with Anthony’s grandmother, who was quite witty and more than just a secondary character, this book has all the right ingredients for a great romance.
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
There is a lot to like here, with an insecure hero who thinks a disability makes him unfit for his position and future love, and an orphan heroine with a big secret. I loved the cranky grandmother and foul-mouthed bird in the story. And the hero and heroine have some really great scenes together.

I did not enjoy the thief elements of the plot as much, though the author did a good job with description. I think I just wasn't in that mood at the time.

This is the 5th book in the series, though despite not reading the previous ones, I did not feel lost.

If you are in the mood for a romance with some suspense, I think this could be a good choice.

I received an advanced readers copy of this book from the publisher and Net Galley in return for a fair review.
Oh my goodness I LOVED THIS BOOK. What a enjoyable, wild ride!  Olivia and Anthony meet under the most interesting of circumstances - she mistakes his carriage for her employers while she is carrying many boxes filled with goods and falls into his lap after tripping over his foot. It was a very endearing meet cute, but the second time they meet is when sparks truly fly.

Anthony is clearly taken with Olivia when she approaches him after being relieved of her duties with her previous employer because of the mishap in the carriage that sparked gossip. She comes to him to ask him for help to get her old job back, when he decides to keep her for himself...and his very particular grandmother. Olivia has a secret that she's been hiding...she is the mysterious Phantom who robs wealthy, horrible men in the night. She has a reason for it, but I'll let you learn for yourself when you read. Olivia is enamored with Anthony and his genuine nature, even though he is a notorious rake. I loved the chemistry between these two. Anthony suffers from dyslexia, a secret he has kept for many years, and he employs Olivia to assist him because she is brilliant with numbers. As their working relationship flourishes, so does their love.

This novel was a beautiful mix of comedy, passion, and suspense. I absolutely adored the ending - it was exactly what I wanted the HEA to be for these characters. Olivia softens Anthony in a way that no one has before. She was raised in an orphanage, so she's never experienced the delicacies of life...until Anthony. He loves that about her, that she appreciates each and every thing that is done and given to her. He marvels in her innocence, but that's what makes her so enticing. Olivia is an incredibly brave,  brilliant character. She stands up for herself and others even when the consequences might outweigh the rewards. I loved every single moment of this novel! Bravo! 5 stars.

This ARC was given to me via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This was an entertaining read with very likeable characters. Lord Anthony Trent had quite a reputation due to his life style but all he really wanted was a family like his brother. He also had a secret which led him to behave as he did. Olivia Michaels was brought up in an orphanage and also wanted a family of her own. She was also on a mission to achieve revenge for her friend, Helen. She also had a secret. They are attracted to each other but come from very different backgrounds and how will Anthony react when he discovers her secret? There is also a cantankerous grandmother to placate. I received a copy and have voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This is a most delightful read with a unique storyline and wonderful characters. Olivia Michael’s and Lord Anthony Trent come from very different backgrounds. She was raised in an orphanage and survived on very little. When her best friend dies, Olivia promises her that she will make every nobleman pay for abandoning his illegitimate offspring at the home. Equipped with a list of names she becomes the Phantom thief ( a Robin Hood of sorts) stealing from these wicked nobleman and sending money to the orphanage. She gets a job as a ladies companion to Anthony’s cantankerous grandmother. What she didn’t plan on was this nobleman being kind and good, and one that would steal from her; her very heart! As their sweet relationship develops and eventually the sparks start to ignite between them, the reader can’t help but root for them to be able to reach their HEA.
Never Mix Sin with Pleasure is the first book I’ve read from Renee Ann Miller. I’m so glad I came across this title. From the very beginning I was intrigued by Olivia and her need for vengeance. It wasn’t for her but her dear friend she grew up with. Olivia’s first encounter with Lord Anthony had me laughing out loud. At first, most believe Anthony is a rake but there’s definitely more there than he lets on. First their first meeting I could tell they had a connection and I believed it played out beautifully. I look forward to read more books from Renee Ann Miller.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for letting me read this.
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It's easy to read, and the main characters are very likeable. Olivia being a thief (and Robin Hood) is a fun side story, and Anthony having his own issues gives him more depth as a person. The main positives are Anthony's respect for Olivia, how well they work together and the chemistry between them.
The parrot and the grandmother, and the side characters fit well in the story, however I would've liked to have seen the grandmother's reaction to Anthony's choice of bride.
Really enjoyed this story.
Anthony, the younger son, trying to hide his learning disability. Olivia, an orphan, hiding the fact that she's the mysterious thief known as The Phantom. Loved them getting to know and trust each other.
One of my favourite characters, besides the above, was the Anthony's grandmother. I loved her!
Also, the time period it takes place in. I really enjoy reading HR in times that are not the Regency for a change.
She's the Phantom.

Olivia, by day, is a companion, At night, she's a thief out for vengeance.
Anthony is boorish and disappointing. His character felt a bit trite. He has dyslexia and is forced to handle a tiny bit of responsibility, which he pawns off on Olivia (she's clever, too clever for him). I dislike being introduced to a male lead when they are with their mistress. He is very much with his current mistress when they meet. It leaves a bad taste on my reading palate.

Olivia needed someone to match wits with. That's not Anthony.
With this lovely tale of two persons with secrets leading them to a specific life’s journey, the author infuses air and blood in her damaged but kind characters.
Olivia is not the usual pauper miss, she is on a mission, one she is now close to have fulfilled. But when she finds herself dismissed for no fault from her part, she is willing to take risk to get her job back. Instead she is offered not once but two positions.
She is a much resilient young woman, she has lived a life with few to none pleasures, marked by the sins of her spawner. She is compassionate and determined. Not afraid of taking matter in her own hands to get what she believes she deserves, yet she does not indulge in anything. She just wants to right some wrongs, even if her course of action is dangerously walking on the wrong side of the law.
Anthony has geared his life in order to avoid his failing to be acknowledged. He prefers to be seen as a cad than a lowly fellow with his a damaged wit. So yes, he is the rogue of his family, enjoying scandalous liaisons and in appearance the idle life of many peers. But it is only a facade, to mask his inner struggle.
Why with Olivia, he feels like at home, he does not appear he has to hide who he is, she expects nothing from him, which frees him from his society’s cloak. And more open to anything he has until now closed his heart to.

Yet as time passes and Olivia get closer to her final goal, will their differences in rank and secrets come between them.

A fun Robin Hood kind of retelling with a smart and strong female lead and her sweet and caring counterpart.
4 stars
Olivia Michaels is an orphan but is now companion to an elderly dowager until she trips whilst taking boxes of goods from the modiste & lands sprawled over Lord Anthony Trent. Olivia is dismissed so with nowhere to go she visits Anthony’s home & is given the job of companion to his grandmother & also the job of aiding him with invoices & ledgers whilst his brother is away. But Olivia is really the thief the London newspapers have nicknamed the Phantom, working in a nobleman’s home is the perfect guise to gather information, allowing her to exact her own justice on several wicked noblemen. Anthony has his own secret: Numbers get jumbled in his head. He’s cultivated his reckless reputation as a way to avoid dealing with his family’s businesses. Yet as obligations fall on him, he’s determined to prove his worth, and Olivia’s genius for numbers is a boon he hadn’t expected.
This is the fifth book in the series & it could easily be read on its own. Personally I love that Anthony is the third Trent sibling to have their story & the dowager Duchess is just as cantankerous as ever. I loved Anthony who hidden his problem with numbers all his life & had found ways to avoid detection. Olivia is a woman with a mission, fulfilling her friend Helen’s dying wish. I loved the attraction between the pair, how they worked together & how their relationship grew & changed. I think this is my favourite of the series. A very well written page turner that had me captivated from cover to cover
My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read
This was an entertaining, well-written book. Olivia and Anthony have secrets, and they come to a mutually beneficial arrangement for Olivia to be Anthony's grandmother's companion. The story held my interest and I didn't want to put it down. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more books by this author.