Cover Image: Always a Wedding Planner

Always a Wedding Planner

I always enjoy novella collections. This one was just meh for me, though the concept was an interesting one. I enjoyed how the four friends were present in each of the stories. The ending was a bit anticlimactic, and I think more could've been done with Felicity's reveal. This was a quick read that was just okay overall.
Love and secret usually don't really go well.
But love covers a multitude of offenses.

Wedding stories are always a delight and this was not an exception with all the flair that comes with planning the ceremony. I loved the cake tasting best. I loved that the four friends owned their own business and had their own niche in wedding planning. It was beautiful.

It was admirable to read about the journey of growth taken by the characters that made them better versions of themselves in love and life.

The settings was swoon worthy. Who doesn't love a wedding destination. Lol!

Love, weddings, second chances, forgiveness, was written about amazingly in this book.

I received a copy of this book and this is my honest opinion.
This compilation of novellas is fun, warm, and a great summer read.

Each story has strong characters who are overcoming obstacles that life throws at them. Friends with warm relationships who support each other make these stories heartwarming. I loved the sense of community in each one of these.

I enjoyed the concept of friends working together, each with their specialty. Of course we find romance in each story because what’s a wedding anthology without romance? I enjoyed a couple stories more than others but all in all it’s a really cute and I recommend it for those who enjoy contemporary romance.

I received a complimentary copy of
5 stars Love will find you

ALWAYS A WEDDING PLANNER
Finally a Sweetheart by Toni Shiloh
Hemmed In by RL Ashley
The Worst-Kept Secret by Leeann Betts
Taste and See by Davalynn Spencer

This joint effort follows four modern women, a baker, a seamstress, an events planner, and a chef, who met at church and decided to combine all of their skills and start a wedding planning business.  Each story depicts one of the ladies and incorporates their struggles in life and love with their faith and the love of an honorable man.

FINALLY A SWEETHEART by Toni Shiloh, Felicity, the baker of amazing wedding cakes, and Will, the barber.

HEMMED IN by RL Ashley Kiki, the seamstress, and Bing the Fireman, and unfortunately, Camilla the new office manager.  Camilla was awful and the conclusion of her story was not believable.

In THE WORST KEPT SECRET by Leeann Betts, Cassie the events coordinator, and Brady, a limo driver.

In TASTE AND SEE by Davalynn Spencer, Ronnie, the chef, and Ty, the cowboy, and handyman.

In conclusion, I liked how the stories flowed from one, right into the next one.  I think the book would have been better if Camilla was not in it, at all.

It is with great appreciation to #davalynnspencer @davalynnspencer #tonishiloh #leeannbetts #rlashley #barbourpublishing #netgalley for the complimentary copy of #alwaysaweddingplanner I was under no obligation to post a review.
This is a delightful collection of four novellas about four single friends who run a wedding planner business.  They all feel that they are “always the wedding planner and never the bride”, but we see how their lives change.

This group of authors did a wonderful job keeping the book consistent with each one emphasizing one of the girls, her struggles, and ending with an epilogue, allowing a look into the future life they have achieved.

I enjoyed this book very much and highly recommend it as it is a quick, sweet read.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from Barbour Publishing and NetGalley.  All opinions expressed are my own.
Overall I thought this was a great collection of novellas. The concept of having four friends run a wedding planning business together felt original. Since this book was written by four different authors, I do feel like the authors did a good job of keeping the characters consistent. While certain novellas found in collections could be read separately, I do feel like these four might even work better together. Rating on how the collection worked together: 4.5 stars
Here are my thoughts on each of the books.

"Finally a Sweetheart" by Toni Shiloh Felicity is the baker. She reconnects with a longtime friend, Will. Although they start to date, their outings are not without mishaps. But I think that adds to their appeal. Felicity also has a complicated relationship with her family. Communication struggles add difficulties to both sets of relationships Occasionally I did wonder why it took so long for her to tell the truth. But for a novella, I felt this had a more developed plot. This felt like a substantial story. My rating for this: 4.8 stars.

"Hemmed In" by RL Ashly. First of all, I love how the author connects this title to a Bible verse. Kiki takes over the care of her niece and nephew once their parents die. I find her commitment to the them and to restoring their property admirable. I also really liked how Bing was intentional about pursuing her and supporting her. But there is a difficult character who takes over the storyline. She needs a talking to and to be held accountable to her actions. Instead the characters decide to prank her and distract her. This felt passive aggressive to me and took away from the storyline. I struggled with enjoying the really great parts of the storyline because this obnoxious character was never really reined in. My rating for this one: 3.7 stars

"The Worst-Kept Secret" by Leeann Betts. Cassie, the main character, is rather opinionated on her expectations of people. Brady is not who he seems at first. The bulk of this novel is spent with them misunderstanding each other. Very little time is spent on the romance part - that really only happens in the last few chapters. This title almost needed to be longer to explore more of the couple side. I did really like who Brady was about. Cassie was a bit more gruff, so I did not feel as drawn to her character. Overall a good book as long as one was not expecting romantic gestures. My rating: 3.9 stars.

"Taste and See" by Davalynn Spencer This one starts with a major problem that Ronnie did not know how to solve. Thankfully one her friends knew a guy who stepped in to help. Ty is definitely a great hero - strong and steady and willing to help. As I enjoy cooking, I appreciated this chef. I also liked the fact that she learned to rely on asking others for help. The issue that she has was a clever one. This title connected most strongly to its theme verse, "Taste and See that the Lord is good." I felt like the relationship was developed well. My rating for this one: 4.8 stars.

Final rating for the collection and all of the novellas: 4.3
Note: I did read a copy of this collection through NetGalley. All opinions are my own.
Always a Wedding Planner is a cute collection of short stories interwoven as they follow four friends turned business partners in the wedding industry. Felicity bakes and decorates the cakes, Kiki is the seamstress for any dress or veil needs, Cassie basically does all the organizing and figuring out of other wedding details, and Ronnie is the chef. Together, they operate Weddings by Design. But despite all the weddings they attend, will they ever each get their own moment to shine?

Each story is nicely interwoven with the others to the point where you see repeat characters, but each story has its own unique focus and follows the point of view of each of the partners in their own love stories. I could tell the stories were written by different authors as I could sense slightly different writing styles but not in a way that felt super disjointed or jarring. There were some stories that I liked more than others, but overall I really enjoyed the collection. Some of the storylines feel rushed, but considering this is a group of novellas, the stories are short so it's only natural that there isn't as much time to develop the story as a full length novel.

With talk of tasty food and cake, firefighters, cowboys, a hint of enemies to lover storyline, second chances, weddings galore, a character you love to hate, relying on God, and enduring friendship, what's not to love? Also, Always a Wedding Planner has a very simply yet beautiful cover, which certainly helps to tie it all together.

I received a complimentary copy of this book and I'm leaving an honest and voluntary review.
I really enjoyed this book including 4 novellas. All follow a group of friends with one friend being the focus of each novella. Love and hard things and redemption. These are clean stories with scriptures laced in. I appreciate that.
Review of Finally a Sweetheart by Toni Shiloh

I so enjoyed this story! The main characters were utterly charming, and I loved that they had known each other as teens and then reconnect after not having seen each other for a number of years! It was so fun that these four best friends run a wedding planning business together, each of the ladies had a unique personality and wedding planning specialty and they meshed so well together! I loved getting to learn about the heroine's profession, the art of crafting wedding cakes, absolutely fascinating! Finally a Sweetheart was such a fun read and I so enjoyed every minute I spent reading it! Highly recommended!

I received an ebook copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley. My review was not influenced in any way. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own.
A lovely clean romance full of likeable characters abd interesting locations. The perfect summer read.
This 4-in-1 romance collection of Christian fiction novellas was utterly adorable! It was about 4 friends who run a wedding planning business together and each book focused on a different love story.

I really enjoyed all 4 stories and loved that they each had an epilogue to show us a glimpse into the character’s lives later on. The characters were sweet, unique, and relatable. I would recommend this sweet set of novellas to anyone wanting a refreshing, quick read!

Thank you to NetGalley and Barbour Books for the complimentary copy. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.
These collections never disappoint! A beautiful bunch of stories that offer a sweet reminder of a verse in the Bible as well as a lovely sense of romance that keeps your mood light. I loved that the books linked and focused on friends who shared a wedding planning business - however, some of the continuity between the stories left me a bit perplexed. Overall, a lovely collection to read during summer to make up for the lack of weddings last year!
** spoiler alert ** Overall I enjoyed the book for it's main characters and the idea of having four bridal business owners find their own heart's desires. This works for a read that I think of as 'fluff'. It is sweet, a solid enough story that I can use as a 'palate cleanser' between more intense offerings. The book is definitely worth the read but it wouldn't go on to my read again shelf. (Not many books do.)
The collective of authors had loveable main characters. I particularly liked the men they each met and gave their hearts to. I think each could have easily had their own full size story.
Here's my main problem. These are four business owners who should have a contract between them. When faced with their own separate challenges fear of being "fired" rules the day. This isn't reasonable. They are owners, partners, not employees who can lose their jobs in my opinion.
The big problem in the book for me was the hiring of a relative as an office manager without a majority decision and the partners had to put up with it to the point that one partner was badly harassed. This is not a realistic conflict at all. If this were a sound business, Camilla would not be set in place to cause problems. That's the main reason my rating is only a three.
I want to thank NetGalley and the publisher for my advanced copy of the book. It was still worth the read. I just wish someone, somewhere along the chain of writing, editing and publication would have noticed the problem. This could easily have been a five star with the great chemistry, humor and excellent main characters. This is my honest opinion.
These four novellas made a great collection and blended together so well.  The four ladies each has a part in their wedding planning business enterprise.  They are all sweet romances and each woman has her story to tell.  The stories flowed so well together, it actually just seemed like one book.
The story was of good friends and some obstacles that sometimes stand in the way.  The stories were are sweet and had some humor.  The book will draw you in and you will enjoy it.

I received an ebook copy of this book from NetGalley.  All thoughts are my own.
4.5 stars LOVED: Finally a Sweetheart by Toni Shiloh and Taste and See by Davalynn Spencer. Both were skillfully written and felt like complete stories with perfect pacing, tension, and character growth. This isn't easy to do in a novella, but they both did it perfectly. I'd read these two stories again in a heartbeat as well as check out their backlists.
3.5 stars LIKED: The Worst-Kept Secret by Leann Betts. Cute story, though to me the romance fell a little flat and the pacing was a bit off. I'm not a fan of characters who hold tight to their assumptions, so maybe it was just me.
2.5 stars Not so much: Hemmed In by RL Ashly. I really had a hard time with this one. The "villain" was erratic and over-the-top but not in a funny way and the final reasoning behind it didn't fit. Also the romance didn't feel very romantic. I had a tough time buying into any of it, especially since the other tales clearly note how long planning and executing events takes, but in this one they pull off a miracle in two weeks including her hand sewing a wedding gown, veil, and bridesmaids dresses from scratch. Not remotely realistic.
Highs: The bookend stories, as noted above. Four friends who work together in the wedding industry was a fun concept.
Lows: Continuity issues between the books could be improved.
Bottom line: 3/4 good stories isn't a bad number. I'd definitely buy it for Ms. Shiloh's and Ms. Spencer's books alone.
Always a Wedding Planner is a sweet and heartwarming collection of four novellas that revolves around a group of best friends who own a wedding planning business. Each lady has been down on her luck when it comes to finding her Mr. Right, and each will learn that God's plan is often not what we expect, and sometimes we find love in the most unusual places.

I really enjoyed this collection, and loved how it focused on the importance of faith, family and friendship. Each story was a lovely little treat, although I personally loved the first and the fourth stories the most. The first really touched my heart as it dives into the topics of infertility and feeling inferior in a relationship, and I thought the author did a fantastic job of representing these issues authentically and intimately to the reader.

I loved the way all four stories tied together to showcase the bigger picture, and I found myself breezing through this collection pretty quick. It was clean, sweet and swoon worthy, and exactly the type of read I generally look for during the spring and summer months.

Final Rating: 4/5.

I definitely recommend this adorable collection, and I was really impressed with how well developed each of the stories was for the word count each author had to work with!

Thanks so much to Barbour Publishing for allowing me to advance read and review this!

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary advance reader copy of this novel from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to give a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
What a wonderful collection of faith filled novellas! All of the stories are well written and holds your attention. I loved how each story was interconnected and made you feel like you was reading a full length novel instead of four different novellas. All of the authors did an excellent job with this collection. I highly recommend this book. Thank you Barbour Publishing via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this delightful book. All opinions expressed are my own.
A delightful novella collection featuring four friends who run a wedding planning business. This fun read had the feel of a rom-com, with some humor mixed into the romances, but with a bit more spiritual depth. All the stories interconnect and build on each other, so it felt more like a full length novel.
   The main characters are unique and creative, with a solid friendship. It was fun to "meet" each one and the great guys who stepped up to befriend and aid them in their business. Each story begins with a theme verse and it is incorporated into the character's job or life. I liked them all.  I especially enjoyed the last one with the chef. "Taste and see that the Lord is good."  Ronnie's dilemma was tough, but Ty's inner dialogue had me laughing out loud more than a few times.
"Good thing his mouth was full, or he might make a fool of himself and ask her to marry him."

Fans of contemporary romances with inspiration should enjoy this fun collection.
Loved the first one. The rest held my attention but weren’t great. Glad I read them though. Clever concept.
Always A Wedding Planner is a collection of four contemporary novellas, each written by a different author. Each novella features the love story of one woman in a tight-knit group of friends and wedding planners.

The first story, Finally A Sweetheart by Toni Shiloh, was definitely my favourite. A talented baker, Felicity, is surprised when her high-school crush arrives for a cake tasting/designing appointment. She's relieved when she learns that Will is the bride's brother, not the groom, but how exactly is a girl supposed to act around the guy who stole her heart so long ago yet never seemed to realize she existed...until now? Will and Felicity's story was super cute.

Novella number two, Hemmed In by RH Ashly tells the tale of wedding dress designer, Kiki. Kiki has had custody of her niece and nephew, Tressa and Jack, since their parents died. When she meets a handsome fireman named Bing, she finally starts to think there might be more to her story than just sewing and raising teenagers. Until Camilla enters the picture, that is. Unfortunately, this story missed the mark for me. I struggled to believe that anyone would allow someone to push boundaries as far as Camilla did. Both Bing and Kiki really needed to stand up to her bullying and ridiculous behaviour long before they let it go as far as it did. I also struggled to get past the many idioms that the author used in what seemed like every sentence. Aside from those issues, I thought Bing and Kiki's relationship was sweet and I loved the kids.

The third story is The Worst-Kept Secret by Leeann Betts. Wedding coordinator Cassie needs to hire a limousine service, but she's struggling to get past what she believes about the driver, Brady. If the rumours are true, she wants to stay as far away from him as possible. This was a sweet story of learning to never judge a book by its cover and that gossip should never be taken as truth. I really appreciated Brady's strong faith throughout the novella.

The final novella was Taste and See by Davalynn Spencer. Saffron, aka Ronnie, is an extremely talented chef, but when she mysteriously loses her ability to smell and taste, she wonders if that part of her life is gone forever. Enter Ty, the handsome (and handy) cowboy. Could he be the solution to all of Ronnie's problems? Can she trust him with her biggest secret? I quite enjoyed this one. The cheesiness was definitely there but it was still a fun read.

If you like contemporary romance with a good dose of cheesiness, you'll likely enjoy the stories in this collection.

*I received a complimentary copy of Always A Wedding Planner through the publisher and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. My positive review is not required.