Cover Image: Rebel's Karma

Rebel's Karma

Rebecca Zanetti brings us Karma and Benjamin.  Benjamin is determined to keep Karma for himself.  Karma is determined to destroy Benjamin for all that he stands for.

Rebecca Zanetti brings us two very different people with two different agendas.  What they did not count on was how their feelings would change toward each other and those around them.  Rebecca draws us into their story and we want to see how it will turn out for the two of them.  Will Karma betray them and will love conquer all.

I look forward to reading more stories from Rebecca.  I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.  I would like to thank NetGalley and Kensington Books for this privilege.
This book centered around Benjamin Reese, on of the dark protectors. This is my first book in the series and although I could easily tell from the 1st chapter I found myself putting the pieces together & getting a bref summary about what had happened previously between Benny & Karma. I was torn as to whether I should hold off till I'd read the earlier books but once I got started I found it hard to put down the book and kept going.

This is the first book of the author's I've read, I've had book 1 of the dark protectors series in my library forever but after reading Rebel's Karma I can't wait to dust it off & start from the very beginning of the series. The author has a way of describing the world around the main characters that draws you in. I loved it and I'm now a huge fan.

I was provided an Advanced Reader Copy from NetGalley for an honest review.
What a wonderful addition to the Dark Protectors series by the incomparable Rebecca Zanetti!  From page 1 to the very end this book was action-packed and I had trouble putting it down!

Benny is one of the Seven.  Benny has had the mating mark on his palm since he first interacted with Karma three years ago, but figures there's no reason to mate because his life is going to be over when the final battle comes...and he feels it's coming soon.  He just doesn't realize that the heart wants what it wants!

In the beginning of this book, Benny allows himself to be captured so he can be thrown in the same cell as Karma.  He plans to rescue her whether she wants it or not!  She just wants to complete the mission for the Kurjans so she can get back to save her girls.  The sparks begin to fly between the two of them very quickly and Karma doesn't know how to deal with all of it.  Karma has never met a man like Benny before and she never knows what to expect!

Benny realizes Karma might be "the one" and when she goes back to the Kurjans to rescue her daughters (with the help of a ghost!) Benny momentarily loses sight of her...but he finds her, rescues her and her girls and takes them all back to his home.  It doesn't take long for Benny to fall under the spell of the twins and he decides that even if his life is on the line, he deserves to be happy, and his girls, all three of them, are what he deserves.

I really, really enjoyed this book and it made me very happy to read that Benny finally found his love!

An entertaining, fast-paced and action-packed book I think you'll really enjoy!  Go ahead...give it a try!
Finally Uncle Benny! I have been waiting for his story since Reese Trilogy. Benjamin Reese is has been a vampire hybrid for centuries and a secret member of the Seven and he met his mate during a rescue mission years prior but Karma refused to be rescued. Karma is a Kurjan sorti, whos mate died, but has a heart of gold, old school mannerisms,  and a protector. She is one of my top favorites!  Benny deliberately gets captured and takes Karma from the Kurjan. Over time Benny helps break Karma of the Kurjan lies and gradually Karma realizes he is right. Karma and Benny came around and realized they are better together then apart. The chemistry between them is off the charts! We get to see through the book all our favorite characters and more in depth look into Hope, Drake, and Pax. I can not wait for the stories to keep unfolding and hope this series never ends. As always Rebecca Zanetti is a one click buy for me and excited to see what is next!

***I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own***
Finally reading Benny's story and it did not disappoint. His interactions with Karma and how attentive he was to her situation was completely swoon worthy. Add in the adorable scenes with a certain pair of twins and I just about melted into a puddle on the floor.

I can't wait for the next couple of books in the series, Sam's and Garrett's. I hope it doesn't end there and we get the book Hope and her friends deserve.

I received an ARC for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
This is my favorite Rebecca Zanetti series, it's action packed, steamy, heartfelt goodness. Rebel's Karma is no exception, the heroine is different in a lot of ways, but fascinating and relatable. The hero is Benny, and if you've followed this series and the recent installments, you've been waiting for this book, it does not disanoint. Recommend!
I enjoyed this installment of the Dark Protectors series. The main character, karma, had a nice character arc as a women, but still stuck to her beliefs and her goals. Benjamin added some lighthearted comedy while coming to realize he could love. I also enjoyed hearing about the other familiar characters and the foreshadowing of future characters finding their mates.
I liked Benny and Karma’s story. She was initially mated to a Kurjan 200 years ago that died soon after. She’s been kept there as a servant. She’s adopted twins that are enhanced as their mother was killed to steal them. They use the girls to control her.  Benny knew she was his mate 3 years ago when his mating mark showed up. He wants to help her but not mate her since he will likely get sacrificed at some point.
I liked seeing more of the Kurjan camp and how they do things there and the lies they spread to the women.
The writing was great, made you feel like you were in the action. I liked that Karma was more proper and less stubborn than the other women in the series. It was a nice change of pace.
I received an ARC from Netgalley for my honest opinion.
Yet another great story! Another brother of Seven finds his mate but not just mate, love, family. Benny finds his Karma after 3 years of searching but rescuing Karma brings a whole lot of trouble. Great intense story, full of action suspense, attraction, family, and love. A lot happens and a lot of blood is shed, the story is so not over although Benny and Karma have their HEA.
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for NetGalley
Another great installment in Rebecca Zanetti’s paranormal series!

The Seven have gone through a powerful, scary ritual that only a few immortals are strong enough to survive. Their mission is to protect the world from Ulric, an evil cleric who they imprisoned somewhere in time and space. In the end, they know that one of them will be sacrificed in a ritual to protect the greater good. Benny is convinced that he’ll be the one sacrificed, since he doesn’t have a mate. But then he sees Karma, who is held captive by the enemy Kurjans and he knows that she is the one for him.

Karma was mated hundreds of years ago, but her mate died shortly after. She’s been stuck with the Kurjans, where she’s attempted to protect other captured enhanced women and girls. She’s been told terrible things about the demon/vampire and witch realms. So, when Benny shows up to save her three years later, she’s convinced she’s headed towards torture and certain death.

As anyone who has read Zanetti’s earlier books can tell you, while the Realm is outwardly run by immortal males, it’s their modern fated mates who hold the true power. Karma is a women from an earlier time who’s been trapped in an evil patriarchal world. So, she’s initially perplexed by the behavior of these awesome, badass women.

Benny has always been considered nutty comic relief among the Seven, but this story shows the depths of his personality, along with his love of his found family. I especially loved his relationship with Mercy, a fae who’s mated to Logan, and one of my favorite pairs in this long running series. While Benny and Karma didn’t end up being my favorite couple in the series, I enjoyed how their relationship developed throughout the book.

Unlike most long running series, where I’m anxious to get to the end game, I’ve loved each and every installment of the Dark Protectors series. While I can’t wait to know how the Seven’s story ends, I’m savoring each fated mate pair along the way.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advance copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Oh, Karma so totally deserved some happiness, and Benny definitely was a “marked” improvement after 300 years with the Kurjans!

Could you imagine being 17, mated to someone you don’t love, having him die a year later, and due to the mating virus you’re alone forever? Oh, but to make matters worse, you were human before he made you immortal? Then you’re stuck with the scumsuckers of the immortal world, who of course think they’re perfect, but in reality they’re a bunch of misogynistic jerks. Yep, that’s every young girl’s dream, said nobody ever!

Then here comes Benny, one of the Seven, and okay, he’s half vampire so of course I love him! Oops... nope, that has nothing to do with it, nope, not at all. I think it has more to do with him putting on a dress to show her she can defend herself, that she’s strong. He’s one of those big, strong men we only find in romance books and Marvel movies.

Seriously, I want a Rebecca Zanetti hero, and not just because you know when they fall for you because their initials pop up...
Fans of the Dark Protector series would enjoy this 13th book in the series (there are some other novellas as well)

Could you read the book without prior introduction to the series? Yes, if you don't mind being a little lost when too many secondary characters are mentioned. The story is broadly self contained but would definitely be better if you have had some previous introduction to this world.

Three years after first seeing (and fleetingly touching) his fated mate, Karma, Benjamin is back to rescue her from the Kurjans. Karma holds a secret though - one that can destroy Benny and his friends. Karma holds on to her purpose of saving the innocent even though she finds the world she is thrust into after the rescue confusing. Although Benny has rescued Karma, given his destiny as one of the Seven, he is hesitant to bind Karma to him and would prefer to give her her freedom.  We all know how well these intentions work out in the case of fated mates!

I love that Karma grew in her confidence and strength throughout the book. And Benny's fun side was tempered by his seriousness with and about Karma.  He is the perfect blend of goofy with a side of wisdom!

This is my honest review after receiving a complimentary electronic copy from Netgalley.
Quick, witty book. Well, developed characters. Nice pace to the storyline. Fit right in with the other stories in this series.
If you haven’t read all of the Dark Protectors novels then really what are you doing with your life? Rebecca Zanetti weaves a world so steeped in romance, myth, and science in such perfect harmony that each book keeps you on the edge of your seat until the end and looking around the real world for these characters when you’re finished. Rebel’s Karma is no exception! Everything we’ve grown to love and desire in her novels is present and running full speed ahead in her latest book.

With a Soti from the enemy camp and a member of the Seven fully expecting to meet his end soon, the odds are stacked against the two and yet those odds are everything pushing them together. They should fight it, because of course it can’t end well, they both know it, and yet, perhaps fate and biology know a thing or two as well. Toss a few epic fight scenes, several explosions, and those pesky family dynamics that just make everything a mess and you have the perfect recipe for a can’t-put-it-down novel.

I truly enjoyed this book, and I’ve never met a Rebecca Zanetti book I haven’t. This one will be added to the bookshelf with all the others in this amazing series I just keep rereading. I appreciate the opportunity to read this book prior to its release in exchange for my honest, unbiased feedback and review.
First of all, Rebecca Zanetti is absolutely my favorite author so I devour everything she writes. Secondly, I loved this book. Benny is hilarious and Karma is definitely his perfect mate. The road is  treacherous along the way and I admire Karma more than any other heroine she has ever wrote. You have to read this book if you enjoy this series and if you haven't read the series pick it up immediately!
Benny and Karma, two most unlikely people to get together. Benny feels that it is his duty to die for the protection of other’s as he is unmated. Then he rescues Karma, who at one time was mated to the enemy, the Kurjan (although that mate dies centuries ago). Well, the mating Rebel’s Karma by Rebecca Zanetti is the latest installment in her Dark Protectors Series. It’s the story of mark comes on his hand and if you have read any of these books, you know what that means. But the way to love and romance is not easy. Zanetti knows how to weave a story to keep you interested, and even though you kind of know who it will ultimately end, the ride is interesting! Recommend this book.
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an ARC of this book for an honest opinion.
Rebecca has done it again: She just knows how to write a good story, one that keeps you on the edge of your seat, makes you bite your nails and, finally, reaches your heart and takes root.

Karma and Benny. Benny and Karma. It doesn’t matter how we say it, we just know that they belong together.
This story centers on Benny, a member of The Seven; and Karma, a Kurjan Soti, who’s mate passed away a few centuries back. She’s been living along the Kurjans for a while and has been fed of their stories and lies about the Realm and other species. On the other side, there’s Benjamin Reese, deathly warrior and hybrid that has no idea what’s in store for him and Karma.
It’s a page turner, action packed book, with steamy scenes and funny moments, that makes you fall in love with the characters from page one.

***Disclaimer: I’ve applied and received this book as an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***
Benjamin Reese has spent the past three years searching for the beautiful blonde who is a part of the Kurjan nation. She is his mate and he is determined to save her, but what will he do when he realizes she is a spy?

I have been waiting for Benny’s book since he was introduced. This crazy and hilarious man clearly deserved a happy ending with a wonderful woman. I was a little leery of starting this book because I wasn’t sure if I was going to like Karma but I was completely wrong. Karma is a strong, determined woman who is a survivor. She is the perfect partner for Benny because she balances him out. I also loved that they both loved cooking and would cook together.

There was more to Benjamin than I was expecting. He puts himself before the other members on his team frequently because he knows they have mates to go home to. I loved his determination to protect his brothers. Karma throws a wrench in these plans and he struggles to deal with his feelings for her. I enjoyed his struggle to deal with his feelings and his duty to the Seven, but it does work out in the end.  Also Benny was surprisingly adorable with the kids.

One of the things I love about this series is that while they are fated mate romances, the love is not instant and it develops over time. I really enjoyed Benny and Karma’s relationship and how they put off mating for so long. It really made for a richer relationship in my opinion.

For the overall story, there was a lot of development between the Kurjan and the Seven. They found out new information about the Kurjan leader and were able to strike a couple of blows to them. Ulrik is still a threat to the world that keeps getting closer. I can’t wait to pick up the next book because things are getting intense and I need to know what is going to happen next.
I really loved Benny more than I thought I would. That crazy hybrid is kinda amazing. Karma was a really great character and it was lovely to see her come into her own. I always enjoy time with the Seven and I can’t wait to see what happens next.
Rebel's Karma is a really exciting story. Benjamin and Karma are a perfect pair. I liked the interactions of the characters and enjoyed reading their story. Rebecca Zanetti never fails to delight with her deliciously spicy vampire romances. A+