Cover Image: A Magical New York Christmas

A Magical New York Christmas

Christmas in New York; it doesn't get better than that! I loved this magical that allowed me to spend Christmas at the Plaza in NYC where Sabrina is ghostwriting a memior for a famous art dealer, Grayson. While at the hotel she meets Ian, and begins a complicated romance that has all the characters connected in a very unexpected way all while sharing the history of the Eloise picture books.  It was a fun read that I could not put down.
I enjoyed reading this novel. There is just the magic of Christmas ti bring people together. Both main characters are hiding their true selves and were both afraid to disclose that they are not actually rich. Love that it is set at the famous Plaza hotel and has sporadic anecdotes of Eloise. An enjoyable read. Thanks NetGalley for ARC.
Sabrina is living a dream, spending the week between Christmas and New Year in a suite at the Plaza Hotel as she ghost writes a memoir for an art dealer that once was a butler at the Plaza Hotel. When Sabrina meets Ian they each assume something about the other based on circumstances. As they get closer will the truth change things between them? A holiday story that leaves the reader smiling.
From a true NY’er, Christmas in NYC is as magical as described in this book! There is nothing like a NYC Christmas!

From the very first page, the descriptive writing makes you feel like you are literally at the iconic Plaza Hotel.
Not only are we talking about NYC at Christmas time but the references to my favorite childhood stories of Eloise !  I can’t think of a better combination!

Sabrina Post is literally down to the last $600 in her bank account. She’s stretching every penny she has to pay her bills and keep her head above water. She’s a struggling journalist who lands a deal to be a ghostwriter for a famous art dealer named Grayson Westcott! She will not only collect a paycheck that she desperately needs, but she will get to spend the week at the Plaza in a luxurious suite!
Enter Ian Wentworth- a handsome gentleman from England.
They are both keeping secrets that must unfold...
I absolutely loved this book! This was my first read by this author and I highly recommend it!
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
There's something magical about New York City at Christmastime. When Sabrina Post accepts a ghostwriting position, it ushers in celebrating the holiday at the iconic Plaza Hotel. Preparing to write Grayson Westcott's story, Sabrina doesn't realize it will change her life.

Thank you to #NetGalley and the publisher for the early edition in exchange for an honest review. Anita Hughes pens a tale that celebrates the city and the season. Readers, if you're seeking a letter of love to New York City, check out A Magical New York Christmas.
I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked the flashbacks as well as the current romance. The intertwining of 2 love stories from different times added great interest to the plot. Also, having 2 of the characters to have been from the UK was a smart move on the writers part.
I love New York so much at Christmastime so I enjoyed reading about it and seeing so many sights in my minds eye. It really is the best time of the year there!
I appreciate being given an advanced copy from Net Galley and the Publisher in exchange for an honest review. I work very hard to be honest in my reviews and was so happy to give this a really good one.
It was fun to read and very well written.
This was a sweet Christmas story. I have never been to New York and really enjoyed all the details of the Plaza and New York at Christmas. I liked Sabrina and Ian, I didn't like that it took the whole book for them to tell the truth. that I didn't understand at all. I liked the flashbacks with Grayson the most.
This is the sweet, fun, magical, romantic Christmas book that I needed! I adored this read! What could be more magical than a contemporary romance that takes place at The Plaza Hotel in New York City during the Christmas season? This is so immersive that I felt I was vicariously staying at The Plaza myself.

Adding to the joy are so many other elements that I found delightful. The children’s book character, Eloise, who is so associated with the luxury hotel, was incorporated in the best way. And so we’re members of the English aristocracy.

This was simply a joy, and it captured the magic of Christmastime in NYC. I loved it.
This is a cute and sweet Christmas story with two time lines. I really love both of the story lines, and the characters in this story is the best. The only thing I really did not love with this story is the character taking so long to tell each other the truth. If you are looking for a sweet Christmas story this is the book for you. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (St. Martin's Griffin) or author (Anita Hughes) via NetGalley, so I can give an honest review about how I feel about this book. I want to send a big Thank you to them for that. This book is schedule to be release on September 28-2021.
A Magical New York Christmas is the perfect title for Anita Hughes’ book! How would I describe this book? It is like that special feeling you get when it is snowing and you look up at the sky and let the snowflakes tickle your face. Yes, magical!
I love everything about this book. The setting is perfect! There is no better place in the world more magical than New York City at Christmas time. To top it off, the books setting mostly takes place at The Plaza Hotel, which is by far the crown jewel of the city’s many hotels.
Sabrina Post lands the perfect job. She was asked to ghostwrite a memoir for the famous art dealer Grayson Westcott while they both reside at the glamorous Plaza Hotel. Sabrina can’t believe her good fortune. She mentions to Grayson that she feels like the storybook character Eloise. He finds this ironic as he starts to tell his story to Sabrina. It seems Grayson worked as a butler for The Plaza Hotel 60 years ago, and became friends with the author of the Eloise series, Kay Thompson. Ms. Hughes skillfully mixes current day with the past as Grayson reminisces about his last 60 years for his book.
After a couple hours of work, Grayson would then allow Sabrina time to herself so he can rest and tend to his other responsibilities. This gives Sabrina the opportunity to enjoy the many luxurious things the hotel and city has to offer.
One night she meets a handsome British gentleman named Ian Wentworth at the hotel bar. They both assume that the other is very wealthy, (of course if they can afford to stay at The Plaza) when in fact they are not. The Cinderella story between Sabrina and Ian unfolds and leaves the reader with an ending that is sure to warm your heart. The author also has a surprise for the reader that I can honestly say I did not see coming!
My only criticism of the book is that the British characters could have used language more common to British royalty and UK citizens.
This book is sure to be a best seller. I found it hard to put down. It has all the elements of a beautiful Christmas story. I will be buying copies to give as gifts to my friends and family at the holidays.
Thank you to NetGalley, St. Martin’s Press, and Anita Hughes for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
#AMagicalNewYorkChristmas #NetGalley
Before I get into the bulk of my review (and discussion of my last Christmas in July book for the year) I need to say a quick thank you to both NetGalley and the publishers over at St. Martin’s Griffin for giving me an Advance Reader’s Copy in exchange for an honest review. A Magical New York Christmas is about a girl named Sabrina who has been given the amazing opportunity of being a ghost writer for prestigious art dealer Grayson Westcott. Not only that, but she’ll be given a free week long stay at the Plaza Hotel in New York while she works with him. Sabrina has long adored the Eloise children’s books and cannot believe her luck. But things take a bit of a turn when she meets Ian who she mistakes for a European royal. Will they both always fail to explain themselves? Will the magic of the Plaza at Christmas manage to keep them together? This book is set to publish on September 28th and is available for preorder now.

Doesn’t this book just sound like a Hallmark movie? And it really felt like one too. I had such an enjoyable time getting to peek in on these lives that we would never (at least I would never) get to know about otherwise. I thought all of the characters were well rounded and they all seemed to be doing what they thought was best. Spencer was a chaotic mess, but I liked that about him for sure. I did have a little bit of trouble with the miscommunication trope. There were definitely moments when I understood how the situation made it hard to come clean, but surely there’s a moment during an entire week that you can explain. I did find Ian to be charming and Sabrina was sweet if a little naive.

This story is also told with some flashbacks that were fun to read. I think they definitely added to the story. But in the ARC form I feel like the flashbacks weren’t formatted so that all of the flashbacks were obvious from the start. I think that is just an ARC problem and probably won’t be an issue in the finished copies. I think the main problem I had with connecting to the story was the fact that I didn’t ever read the Eloise stories and so the things I learned about the books were all things mentioned in the novel. I’m sure it is jammed with references that fans will adore. I just felt like I was missing out on something. I think if the writing style had been more descriptive (not Tolkien-esc, but more) then I would at least have been able to picture everything better in my mind.
It was a cute story about 2 love stories. One in the past and one happening in the present.I really enjoyed all of the scenes with Ian and Sabrina more than the flash backs. Would have liked more of just them. I have always wanted to go to New York and this book really made me feel like I was there.
REVIEW:
Oh my goodness this book was so good!   I did have some issues downloading the book but when I managed to get it fixed,  I was ready to see what this story was all about.

While reading the story, there were two stories playing off of each other. It could be confusing to some but for me I had no problem with the flow.  Both stories meshed really well together.  One takes place in the past which had the characters Grayson and Veronica while the other takes place in the present with Sabrina and Ian.   It was amazing.  I loved it.  The flow of the story was on point for me.

All the characters were really unique and interesting.  It kept my attention of wanting to know what was going to happen with all of them.

I am not giving it all away because you need to read this book.

The fact that the story takes place in NYC is amazing!!  I have only been there once and let me tell you it was a fantastic adventure.  I did go to the top of the Empire State Building which was magical.  I loved the fact that it was mentioned in the book.  Something about NYC is magical.  It's different, fun, and busy.  So in the story the setting gave off a magical Christmas vibe and that anything positive could happen.  I want to visit the Plaza.

I love how Sabrina and Ian connect and how they explore the world of the Plaza and the world of simple things of enjoy like rom cons and ice skating!  It was such a nice balance in the story. There was a connection which I think is important.

I could totally see this book be made into a movie with the story, characters and settings!  I fell in love with this book.

The story will draw you in making you feel cozy, sweet and enjoying the ride with the character's chemistry!  I recommend you pick this book up.

I received an e-Arc by NetGalley and the publisher, St. Martin's Griffin for an honest review!
A magical Christmas tale.

Every time I open a book by this writer, I know I will be in for a treat.  As always, I completely enjoyed being swept away in this story.

This book is actually two stories in one.  The main story is about Sabrina, who was hired as a ghost writer for Grayson, a private art dealer.  When Sabrina met Ian, the personal secretary for Lord Braxton, Sabrina assumed he was Lord Braxton, as the room was reserved in his name.  Since Sabrina was staying at the Plaza Hotel, Ian assumed she was wealthy.  Their misunderstanding could have been disastrous.  I enjoyed seeing how they worked through their little white lies.  The other story was Grayson’s, as he told it to Sabrina, so she could write his memoir.  Grayson spoke of his true love for Veronica and working as a butler for Kay Thompson, the writer or the Eloise books.  The story wrapped up with an surprise ending that I never saw coming.

If you read one Christmas book this year, make it this one.  The writing, characters, plot and setting make it a memorable story.  I can easily see this one made into a movie.
A Magical New York Christmas by Anita Hughes is such a great winter read to read in the summer! I love the aesthetic of it and I thought it was so adorable! While the narratives can be jarring sometimes, it was a good read overall.
An absolutely perfect Christmas read! I loved learning more about the author of Eloise and I loved the main character. Highly recommend!

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the digital ARC in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are completely my own.
A Magical New York Christmas is a wonderful book by Anita Hughes.  Christmas in New York always has a little magic, and the author creates a terrific scenario for Sabrina Post.  She is staying at the Plaza Hotel as a guest of Grayson Prescott in her own suite of rooms.  She is there to be a ghostwriter for Mr. Prescott and to interview him for the book she is to write.
	On the very first night, she encounters Ian Fleming in the lobby, and they share a snack.  She finds that they are staying on the same floor.  He thinks she has money because she is staying in the hotel, and she thinks that he is royalty from England when she overhears a conversation.  The two keep encountering each other and the magic of Christmas is applied.  In the meantime, we hear Grayson’s story and how his story started out when he was a butler at the Plaza hotel.
	This book was a page turner for me because I was thoroughly intrigued how the author weaved her tale.  I will say that the book made me want to go and read the Eloise books that were based in the Plaza Hotel.  This was a delightful book with Christmas as the background.
	I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.  #AMagicalNewYorkChristmas #AnitaHughes
Thank you NetGalley, Anita Hughes and St. Martin's Press for the ARC of A Magical New York Christmas. This is my personal review.
Christmas stories always fill me with happiness and to read on in the hot weather of summer is amazing! I could feel the joy and weather of the season as I read this book.
 Sabrina takes a job as a ghost writer for Greyson. She gets the chance to stay in the Plaza Hotel and all at the expense of Greyson. She is taken in by the stories that Greyson tells her, and she enjoys the time with him. Greyson is an older gentleman, and he tires easily so while he is resting this gives Sabrina the time to explore the hotel.
While she is out exploring, she stops at a coffee shop and meets Ian. They hit it off so well and they are looking forward to getting to know each other more.
This story will draw you in and keep you there as you feel the chemistry between the two.
If you are in need of some holiday cheer and romance this is the book you need to read.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me an advance reader copy of this book;  I appreciate it !

I love Christmas stories so this was right up my alley.   There are two parallel story lines in this book,  set about 50 years apart.    While I enjoyed them both, I did find it confusing sometimes when the author switched between them;  not sure if it was the formatting or what, but I would read a page or so and be puzzled until I realized we'd switched stories.   There are also a lot of references to the Eloise books which I haven't read so I couldn't appreciate that insight.  However, the story was sweet and the descriptions of the Plaza Hotel were so vivid it makes me want to go stay there!
An enjoyable holiday read that brings a bit of nostalgia considering the stories of Eloise are mentioned quite frequently throughout this novel. There are plenty of likeable characters in this story, and it was an interesting insight to Kay Thompson, the author of the Eloise books.

The story moves between two timelines, present day during the Christmas holidays in New York City and in 1960 when Kay was trying to write Eloise Takes a Bawth, during a time she struggled with writer's block. The stories are both set in The Plaza Hotel, providing an interesting parallel story.

A lot of misunderstandings and missed chances to reveal identities pepper the pages of the contemporary story line, making an interesting dynamic between Ian and Sabrina.

And like all good dual time stories, the past is connected intimately with the contemporary.

A sweet romance for the holidays!

I received an ecopy from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions expressed are my own.