Cover Image: Silver Tears

Silver Tears

I was not able to get into this one so I did not finish it. It may have just been a case of the wrong time to read the book.
I ended up listening to the audiobook. This one was not quite as good as the first in the series, but perfect for fans of Scandinavian noir.
When I read The Golden Cage by Camilla Lackberg, I eagerly awaited a sequel. Silver Tears did not disappoint! Lackberg does an excellent job telling a tale of revenge and creating a dark atmosphere for the reader.

Thank you to Knopf and NetGalley for the e-ARC are read and review!
I loved the golden cage. I loved it so much I told everyone about it. I was so excited to read the next in the series. Silver tears did a great job catching up with the reader on the first book. It slowly took you back into Faye's life and her domination of the makeup industry with her company Revenge. Faye cautiously goes about her life to find success.

While I loved the first book, this second book fell a little flat for me. I was hoping as I got to the middle of the book that the action would speed up. When I got to the last five chapters I wanted it to shock or twist into an amazing ending. It did not. I am still hoping that the next Camilla Lackberg book will bring up my high hopes. I will still wait for this author's next book, but I would skip this book.
I didn’t realize this was a 2nd book, so I felt like i was missing out a bit. This is a book about a women’s secret and survivor.
DNF. Unfortunately, this was a book I started multiple times but could just not get into. I appreciate having the opportunity to read this book, it was just not a good fit for me as a reader. Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for my gifted review copy.
Wow what a follow up! I loved the first one and didn't figure that Silver Tears would be as good, but wow Lackberg is a heck of a writer. These books are not for the faint of heart, they are intense, steamy, and violent. But wow the twists and the story will keep you reading!
Silver Tears is the second book with the wickedly addictive Faye who I loved. "Now that her former husband, Jack, is out of the way in prison for killing their daughter, Faye has grown her company - Revenge - into one of the leading cosmetic companies in Europe. She has a new man in her life and feels like she is falling in love. But when her father and former husband both escape from the prison she is terrified that the police will find out that her daughter is in hiding and not dead. And when she discovers her company is under attack she must decide how much she is willing to fight or to run."
If you know anything about this author and the character of Faye then you know she is one tough cookie and is willing to do whatever it takes to keep her family safe and life intact. I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone but I will say it does leave off on a bit of a cliffhanger which I am hoping will lead to yet another book. Four-star read from me I hope to see more soon. Thank you Netgalley.
As a fan of revenge thrillers, I was glad to get a chance to read Silver Tears by Camilla Lackberg. This is the second in a series, first being The Golden Cage. Not having read the first, I felt like there were some elements I was lacking as I was reading, but it kept me turning the pages wondering what Faye would do next.

Many thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for sharing this book with me. All thoughts are my own.
probably should have read the first one...
but this was still a deliciously dark story i could definitely enjoy.
I usually really enjoy Camilla Lackberg's novels. She has a combination of darkness and suspense in her writing that has made me a fan. However, this novel I cannot recommend. It just didn't ring true in any way. The main character is the typical gorgeous, perfect, rich, smart heroine and a strong independent woman since she has been wronged by a man in her past. She has sworn off men- but then all of the sudden falls in love with a shady man and overlooks all the red flags. This made no sense to me! The plot just didn't feel remotely plausible. I am disappointed because normally I really enjoy Lackberg's novels.
This was a DNF for me unfortunately. It just wasn’t the book for me I read it after a few pages and didn’t love it.
Having read Book 1, I was interested to see where Book 2 would venture to.

This read was very steamy! I remember a bit of that in Book 1 but there was much more in this book. And of course, every time a steamy scene came on, one of my kids just happened to come walking in the room and I had to quick run to my phone to stop the audiobook! Isn’t that always the way!! Steam in an audiobook is like a Siren’s call around this house somehow…

I loved how Faye has been able to control so much in her life after the crap she took in Book 1. In this story, there are some flashbacks to her teenage years and her horribly abusive upbringing. It also explains how she is able to stiffen up her spine, when needed.

The biggest challenge I had with this book is with all of the things Faye has been through, she continues to be walked on and taken advantage of by men. I’m not sure why her character continuously gets in these situations when she has show such strength at different times. It seems a bit of a miss in her overall character profile.

If you like The Golden Cage, definitely pick this one up to see what happens to Faye next.

Thank you to #KnopfDoubledayPublishing and #NetGalley for making this book available for review. All opinions expressed are my own.
I was a huge fan of Camilla Lackberg's The Golden Cage, so I was thrilled to see she had a follow up to the original. Silver Tears is an elegant but dark story of revenge. Faye is a character that will stay with you and her actions are mesmerizing. I didn't love Silver Tears as much as The Golden Cage, but I did enjoy it. Bring on book #3 in Faye's Revenge series. Thank you to Knopf and NetGalley for an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This series rocks! It’s filled with lust, power-grabbing, back-stabbing betrayal and revenge. The entire series is fabulous. Faye is a string powerful woman who sometimes shows her soft side, but still gets what she wants. Must read!
Ahhhhh, I don't know what took me so long to read this. I absolutely LOVED The Golden Cage and may or may not have squealed when I got a copy of Silver Tears because even though I didn't think TGC needed a sequel, I was ready to see where life with Faye was going to take me. Wooooo buddy! She is NOT a woman I would want on my bad side, that's for sure!
I'll start by saying you absolutely must read The Golden Cage before reading SILVER TEARS. This way you get a full grasp on what happened with Faye before we got here... and lemme tell ya, she went through a LOT. But Silver Tears also brings us Faye's past as we go back and forth in timelines from when she was a kid in an abusive home to present day where she's a bad ass entrepreneur who will do WHATEVER it takes to protect herself and those she loves.

If I had a red flag on a stick on me, I would've been waving it rampantly with all the clues laid down. For being such a strong woman, she still has weaknesses and she ... well, no no no... not going to spoil anything here. This shorter second installment in the Faye's Revenge series may not be the whopper that TGC was, but honestly, following the first book was going to be hard to beat imo. What will book three bring us? Surely there will be one and I'm going to need to know what happens. Tell you what though, I sure did miss Chris in this story. 💔

If you loved The Golden Cage, you'll definitely need to pick this one up. And if haven't read either... well, get on it! The sex scenes are steamy, the loyalty is real and the kicks just keep on coming!
After reading The Golden Cage last year, I was very excited to see this sequel come out to finish the story of Faye. I would say you definitely need to read The Golden Cage before picking this one up! This story picks right up where the first one left off with Jack being sent to prison and follows Faye. I love how it gives us a glimpse of Faye as she is living her best life. She is happy, wealthy, and everything is going well until it seems like someone is coming after her company. Then she finds out her husband has escaped from prison and will do anything to protect what is hers. If you enjoyed the first book about Faye, pick this one up!! It is a great follow up!
4.5/5

I am now completely obsessed with the Faye's Revenge series, and The Golden Cage really blew me away. I am happy to say I loved Silver Tears almost just as much. I haven't read any of Camilla Läckberg's other novels yet, but I am telling myself I really need to get on that since I loved these two so much. This is a very lewd book at times, and I know one of the complaints I've seen is that it is very vulgar. There is a lot of sex in the book and there was a lot of it in the last book as well, but for some reason, it hasn't bothered me. It didn't take away from my love of the story and I am fully behind the amazing revenge plot of this book. Faye is one of the strongest, most badass female characters that I have had the pleasure to read, and she is not afraid to take what she wants. I love that she is such a smart character, although I was a little disappointed in her in this book. She was driving me crazy and I just wanted to shake her, but luckily, she smartens up and goes back to the person I know and love.

We learn a lot more about Faye's past in this one and it is DARK people. It was truly heartbreaking and very hard to read at times. Läckberg's writing is very straight and to the point, and she definitely doesn't skimp on the details. This could be triggering to some thanks to rape taking a front seat to the past plotline, and if that is a trigger for you then you might want to stay away. I listened to the audiobook for the first book and did it again for Silver Tears, but I liked this one on audio a bit less. They switched the narrator to Tanya Cubric from Ann Richardson, and while Cubric did a nice job, I really preferred Richardson's voice for Faye and can only hope they switch back to her for book 3. This does end on a cliffhanger which killed me, and I will be anxiously waiting for the next book!

I received a complimentary digital copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Loved it! It’s like a dark, steamier Finlay Donovan. I loved the strong female characters. While I did like the first book best, I am so hopeful with the way this ended that there will be a third. After reading both books back to book, I am going to miss these characters!,
This is the second book in the series, and I absolutely loved The Golden Cage, but this one fell a bit short of the first book and was a lot more vulgar for my liking, to the point that it was a little distracting from the story, but that is just my opinion. I loved that Faye takes no prisoners in this one while still remaining successful with her company Revenge, and that was the part of the plot that I absolutely enjoyed. That being said, this ended on a bit of a cliffhanger I wasn't expecting and am hoping there is a book 3 because I think she has just wee bit more revenge to be had. And I am here waiting for it because I realllyyy want her to succeed.

Thank you to NetGalley and Knopf for the digital copy to review.