Cover Image: Long Walk Home

Long Walk Home

This was my first book from the author and despite being the third book in a series, I didn’t feel like I was missing out on anything. I enjoyed the characters introduced and the elements of past reflections, healing, and forgiveness.⁣
⁣
At times, I had issues with the slow pacing of things but overall found this to be a short, pleasant read. Whether you’re new to women’s fiction or a veteran of the genre, I’d suggest giving this one a read!
Ellyn Oaksmith writes delightful small town romances that are just ideal for losing yourself in and in Long Walk Home, she has penned another emotional, warm-hearted and captivating page-turner about second chances and coming home you are going to love.

Lola Alvarez was a flighty teen who had soon realized that there was no place like home. Working in the restaurant of her family’s winery has made her realise just how lucky she is, but Lola is not about to rest on her laurels. She wants to prove to her family that she has good ideas that will help make the business more profitable, but are they ready to listen to her? She wants to build gorgeous vacation cabins in the mountain meadow above the winery, but her older sister Carmen seems reluctant to listen to her plans. Should Lola just go ahead anyway and prove her sister wrong? Or will not keeping Carmen in the loop end up causing more trouble and upheaval?

Lola has got enough on her plate. She does not want or need any further complications, but when her first love Gus Weaver, comes back to town and brings with him feelings she thought long buried, Lola realises that she is in trouble. Big trouble. Gus had been her first love. The boy she snuck out to see in the middle of the night whom she used to get in trouble over. But Gus had left town and broken her heart into a million pieces without so much as a goodbye. Lola never thought she would see Gus again, but now he’s back and when fate thrusts them together again, Lola realises that there is no way she can avoid him now!

The more time they spend together, the more their old feelings for one another become harder to ignore. But Gus had hurt her once before, should she trust him with her heart anew? Or will past mistakes and old ghosts end up losing Lola the only man she will ever love all over again?

An absorbing second-chance contemporary romance full of sizzle and sparkle, Long Walk Home is the kind of book that once you start reading, you won’t be able to put down. Witty, heartfelt and emotional, Long Walk Home is a story about starting over, healing from the past and love lost and found.

Gus and Lola are two beautifully realised characters and their love story will have you laughing out loud and wiping away a tear or two.

A treat for small-town romance fans, Ellyn Oaksmith’s Long Walk Home is another must-read from this talented writer.
Lola works to make her mark on the family business despite her sisters doubts. Her first love has returned to town, Can they work together. and can they stay together. Good Read!
I'm a huge fan of second-chance romances, so when I received the chance to read one from a new-to-me author, Ellyn Oaksmith, I was really excited! Better yet? It's set at a gorgeous winery in the Pacific Northwest, there are a plethora of mouth-watering food descriptions, and Oaksmith weaves a number of captivating plotlines together with an ease and grace that makes Long Walk Home a definite page-turner!

From page 1, there was no doubt in my mind that I would love Lola. Her strong will, determination, and propensity to go after what she wants made me automatically like her, and I loved that Oaksmith also focused on her relationship with her older sister, Carmen. As a sister myself, I always appreciate a good sisterhood plot, and this one did not disappoint. Though I sometimes found Carmen to be too rigid, and Lola to personify the typical baby sister sometimes, it all contributed to making the characters more relatable and developed.

Lola and Gus' relationship absolutely captured my heart, as well. I loved getting their history early on, and as someone who still remembers their first love from high school, it was very relatable, poignant, heartwarming, and swoon-worthy.

And who couldn't fall in love with Daisy, Lola's rescue dog?!? What a doll!

Long Walk Home is the third book in a series, but I read it as a standalone with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Will I be going back to read the preceding two books, however? You know it!

Thank you so much to @chicklitcentral @bookouture and @ellynoaksmith for my opportunity to be on this book tour and my gifted e-copy in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. I can't wait to read more of Ellyn's work!
I would recommend reading the first book in the series, Summer at Orchard House to understand more about the characters and some of the events in the series...
Long Walk Home is a medium paced detailed story, that is well written and easy to follow, with a realistic storyline that encourages the reader to keep reading...
I like how Oaksmith has created a plot that captures the reader from the beginning with a very well described setting. Long Walk Home can be read as a Stand-Alone even though it is part of a series.
The character development of Long Walk Home is good. The characters are interesting and have their own personalities, which adds an edgy feel to the story. Lola and Gus have quite a bit of history between them...when they see each other after 10 years apart the chemistry and sparks fly creating a charming romance.
I would recommend reading Long Walk Home to lovers of Contemporary Romance, as it is a heart warming tale of lies, love and friendship all rolled into one with a charming twist...
I am so excited to report how much I loved and enjoyed reading LONG WALK HOME by Ellyn Oaksmith, a new author to me. When I read the synopsis, I knew I would enjoy the storyline, as I do enjoy a great second chance at love typ of stories. I also do enjoy stories about sisterhood and the how characters' arc change throughout the story.

I found the book easy to read and with the chapters leaving me wanting for more. So as usual, having started this book much too late in the evening, I found myself staying up through the night swooning and sniffling in this heart-wrenchingly amazing romance.

Ellyn Oaksmith deftly writes a great story in a lovely location with characters that are realistic and relatable. Everyone deserves a second chance, and this book certainly checked off all the boxes for me. Such a satisfying story that I was hooked from the very first page.
'Long Walk Home' by Ellyn Oaksmith is a romance story about second chances and  family. A book that I adored and perfect for reading on a lovely sunny day.
Lola Alvarez, absolutely loves working in the restaurant of Blue Hills, where her family have a winery which looks out over vine-covered slopes down to the crystal-blue waters of the lake.
But, she also has her own ideas to build upon the success of of the winery. She envisions gorgeous vacation cabins in the mountain meadow that is just above the winery. She wants to do this by any means neccessary and if that means leaving her sister Carmen out of the loop, so be it. Carmen will realise how good the idea is when it is a roaring success.
 Then there is Gus Weaver who is back in town. He was her first love, a bad boy, for who she used to climb out of windows to see. But he’d broken her heart when he left town suddenly, not even saying goodbye.
 Faced with working together, on her project, the old sparks are there between them.
So, can Lola keep her mind on making herdream a reality, when her hearts telling her something else?
A beautifully written story which absorbed me immediately from seeing the cover. The vineyard was in my minds eye with the vivid descriptions. A story that feels real and as authentic as they come. Ellyn Oaksmith has brought a story that is full of heartwarming moments but also secrets and lies as well. Every emotion is brought to the fore as the book unfolds. We see new relationships along with the old and the dynamics of family and friendships are also here for all to see.
Characterisation was excellent but I have read Ellyn Oaksmith previously and found her writing excellent then as I do now. She has the knack of bringing realistic characters each of which are unique to each other and have their own part to play within the book. I also found the hispanic culture educational for me. I know hardly anything about this culture and was so intsrested in this within the book.
I would love to see how popular Lola's cabins become in the future and will keep my fingers crossed the author brings another book with this fascinating family in it.
Thank's to Chick Lit Central, Bookouture and NetGalley for my copy of the book.
My Thoughts
I was invited to participate on a blog tour for this book and based on the synopsis I happily accepted. Here are my pros and cons for Long Walk Home:

Pros
1.	This is the kind of romance novel I prefer. It is clean, mature, and realistic.
2.	Interestingly, while I loved the storyline about Lola and Gus, I was more intrigued by the relationship between the sisters Carmen and Lola. If I am honest, their story was the most genuine and emotional for me.
3.	Lola could be petulant, and Carmen was about as stubborn as they come. Their bickering felt almost ridiculous at times, because each one always thought they were right… and they both were right in a lot of ways. They simply didn’t know how to communicate with each other to get past their issues. It was complicated relationship for sure and an interesting observation of practical vs. creative personalities.
4.	I really enjoy second-chance stories. It is one of my favorite tropes – whether it is finding new love later in life or coming back to an old love. Either way, I’m always a sucker for a second-chance story and this one fit the bill nicely.
5.	Is this winery a real place? After the descriptions in this book, I really want to stay in those tiny cabins!!

Cons
1.	I did not know this book was the third book in a series when I agreed to read and review it. While I think it is definitely readable as a standalone, I do have to wonder if I would have understood Lola and Carmen’s difficult relationship a bit more if I had more of the backstory from the previous books. I have this in cons mainly as a warning to others that you may want to consider reading the first two books before you delve into this one. I plan to go back and read the first two myself!

Summary
This is a nice, clean, feel-good romance intermingled with some serious familial issues. It is easy to read, very atmospheric, and very heartwarming. The ending is perfect, but you will end up wanting more… perhaps there is a 4th book coming?  😊

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture, and @chicklitcentral (Instagram) for inviting to me to participate in this blog tour and providing an ebook, which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
A feel-good romance set in a small town is the perfect easy read.   I enjoyed the setting of the small-town winery run by a family that has drama but truly love each other.  Carmen is the typical older sister, the one in charge, and the one who has all the answers.   I am the oldest child in my family and could see some of her characteristics in myself and hope that I have never treated my siblings as she treats Lola.    Lola is the youngest, a free flying child.   She has ideas, some not so great ones, but good or bad they never get heard.   Her family does not see that she has so much to give to the winery and that they should give her a chance.  I loved how Lola started to stand up for herself and pushed everyone to respect her and her ideas.

The relationship of Gus and Lola was interesting.   Their relationship had a bumpy end during their younger days and now that Gus is back the sparks are flying again.  Gus is a wonderful character that is just trying to make amends for the mistakes of his past, Lola being one of those mistakes.   Lola does not know the whole story, it was kept from her, and when Gus returns she is torn on whether to forgive him or push him away.  I like how their story is slow.   They do not just jump back together, but they fight their feelings wanting to be sure that no one gets hurt again.

This is the first book by Ellyn Oaksmith that I have read and I will be looking for more of her fun romances.
I was given a copy of Long Walk Home by @ellynoaksmith in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to @bookouture and @netgalley for the opportunity to read this one!

I’ll start with letting you know that this is the third book in a series. It functions as a stand alone story, but I do now wish I had some more of the backstory.

Long Walk Home is a second chance love story, and a story of how challenging family dynamics can be. Lola longs to be taken seriously by her older sister and her father, and acts on a dream of hers to build tiny cabins to create rental properties to supplement the income of her family’s winery. Gus is Lola’s down on his luck ex who is trying to get his life back together by taking on a construction job. It’s no surprise that Lola’s cabins are the job he's signed up for.

I give this one 3.5 stars. It’s a sweet story. It’s frustrating at times. You want to shake Lola. You want to scream at her sister Carmen. You feel for Gus. And you hate the evil Insta-famous chef Carmen hopes can bring publicity to the winery. I do feel that I would have appreciated this one more with more of the back story, but it’s definitely one to pick up for a quick, light, fluffy Sunday afternoon read.

Thanks again for the opportunity to share!
My momma @nannarino loved this one so much! Huge thanks to @chicklitcentral & @bookouture for our gifted review copy!
🎉
“As soon as I started this one, I couldn’t put it down. A Long Walk Home by Ellyn Oaksmith is a story about family and the bonds that tie us together no matter. I love those kinds of stories.

Someone’s love is all about timing. Ten years ago, their romance ended. But, this time around you know it will be different! You’re rooting for the second chance romance couple to make it from the start. You’re rooting for all these characters. This is a wonderful, sweet and heartwarming read.”
Lola is the youngest of three sisters. She works at the family business, under Carmen's straight orders. It's not that she is a rebel, but sometimes Carmen is a bit bossy. And Lola is getting tired.
Gus is coming back home after ten years. His story is not an easy one, but he is ready to make amends with his past. Somehow, he'll find the way.
I liked this book very much. The story is well written and the characters are lovable. I might say I adored Lola's character in particular. It's very energetic and full of life!
It's not my first book from this author and it will not be the last.

Thank you Netgalley for the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
A second chance romance full of dynamic family relationships, love, hard work and the belief in oneself. When I requested this I didn't realize this was the 3rd book in a series. It reads as a standalone but I am going to find and read the first two books. I think I could have appreciated Carmen, Lola and their relationship dynamics more if I "knew" Carmen better and had followed their story from the beginning.
Long Walk Home is a very well written romance.  I enjoyed the plot and the character interactions.  I highly recommend this book.

I didnt realise this book was part of a series, but it can be read as a stand alone, this is a feel good romance book, I felt like I was at the winery, and could feel how the characters felt, this was a really lovely story
Long walk home is about second chance romance, finding your place within a dynamic family and figuring out if a leopard can change its spots.
I absolutely loved this book. The characters were well written with a detailed plot throughout. I loved watching Lola and Carmen’s ( Lola’s sister ) relationship evolve. I wasn’t overly keen on the front cover, but it just goes to show you should never judge a book by its cover. This is book 3 in a series but can definitely be read as a stand-alone.
Note: Read and reviewed this book as a part of the blog tour by Bookouture.

Long Walk Home by Ellyn Oaksmith is a feel good romance that will tug at your heartstrings. The story is simple and well-written as it follows Lola and Gus, the main protagonists.

Lola is the youngest of three and is always treated like the baby of the family. She feels that her opinions and ideas are not considered and she sets out to build tiny cabins in a bid to expand their family business. Having been separated from Gus for more than ten years, Lola doesn't expect to still be in love with him. As the two main characters deal with their personal issues, they also start to rediscover their bonds as they end up spending more time around one another due to Lola's project.

The characters are interesting and well thought out. The author has brought out the interactions between the siblings very well and it is honestly quite relatable. This is a story of second chances, standing up for oneself and making amends. This is a story of finding love and being true to family. I thoroughly enjoyed this read and am sure that you all will too! It is a wonderful choice for a light read that ensures the reader is hooked until the very end. A happy and simple read, this book is full of hope and positive vibes.
This is the third and final installment in the Blue Hills series.  This book can be read as part of the series or as a standalone novel.  I loved returning back to Blue Hills in the wine country and what an escape it was.

Lola is the youngest daughter in the family and is living at home with her dad and sister in Lake Chelan, Washington.  She is a cook in her family’s restaurant but has aspirations  for so much more.  Lola writes her Blue Hills Winery blog where she posts her dreams and future plans for the family winery and restaurant.  She wants to build tiny cabins at the winery, but her older sister Carmen says that will not happen anytime soon. But when her first love, and high school sweetheart Gus, returns to Chelan, after being gone for ten years, her whole world is turned upside down. Gus broke her heart once before, but they have a second chance at their happily ever after.  He has a changed a lot in ten years and is not the same person he was when he left. Gus is also a building contractor, is he the one that is that will help Lola achieve her dreams, or will he once again break her heart?

Ellyn Oaksmith is so descriptive in her writing.  She describes her characters in such a way that you feel like you know each one personally.  This engaging and heart warming story is so inspiring and full of second chances, it is a must read.  It will have you flipping through the pages so fast, you will find yourself experiencing all the emotions with this one. This is a fantastic end to a wonderful series.
Siblings. If you have siblings, you may see yourself or one of them in this story.  The winery setting is beautiful.  Chelan sounds like a wonderful small town, whether you’re visiting or calling it home.  I loved meeting the Alvarez family and their friends.   I think you will too.  The story is great and I think you will enjoy it as much as I did.  I received this book from NetGalley, but my opinion is my own.
Hello Everyone! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their current read. I have once again signed up for another book tour thanks to Chick Lit Central. I have no idea how I have managed to gain access to their book tours but I am definitely glad that I get this opportunity to take part in them.
 The book starts off by meeting Lola who is the youngest sister of the family and has this great idea of building some cabins to attract more people to her family's business. However, her family do not agree with her idea and the story follows Lola as she manages to start getting her way in building these cabins while being surprised with someone from her past. Gus, is someone from Lola's past who ends up being hired through another person to construct Lola's dream cabins and the chemistry between them is so evident that you just want to push them together and make everything work out.

The book continues on however I don't want to ruin the story however we get some glimpses of Lola's and Gus' past while also understanding their present lives and wonder if they will get back together.

I hope that today's review is one that makes you want to search this book up and check it out as it was a nice and quick read and definitely a heart warming one as is written on that cover.  Also, this book really made me want to go to a cabin and just stay there for a few days and relax. So be ready to look up some cabin vacation spots once you finish the book.