Cover Image: The Glitter End

The Glitter End

This is the third installment of the "Stationary  Shop Mystery Series". I have read the previous in series and always enjoy returning to this series. I love the small town life in Montana depicted here so well by the author and the likable charcters.

Its a slow season in town when our protagnist and shop owner Delta decides to feature a local artist rendering of a gold mine historical to the area. When a rendering of a murder occurs on the display then a actual murder in the same format Delta investigates to clear her name and save her shop . Suspects abound and soon red herrings stand out as Delta reaches a surprising conclusion.

This book can be read as a stand alone to those new to the series. I do recommend the entire series for your reading enjoyment. This was a fun cozy to conclusion with a well crafted sleuth and likable charcters.
Delta and Hazel were hoping that Tilly's miniatures would bring people into their stationary store now that most of the tourists have left Tundish, Montana.  They certainly weren't expecting that Tilly's ex would be murdered or that the murder scene would look a lot like her work. These two, however, are good sleuths and,. along with Delta's love interest Jonas, a former law enforcement officer, they sort through the various suspects.   Conroy has rounded out Delta a bit more, especially wrt to her family.  Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.  Don't worry if you haven't read the earlier books- this will be fine as a standalone.
Delta Douglas is having a Tilly.Tay display set up in her shop but its proving to be way too much for a miniature display!! When Tilly arrives she finishes the display then goes to move her van. She's approached by a man who appears to be a threat but Tilly claims otherwise and moves on.. When the man is found dead in front of the hotel where Tilly is staying she becomes prime suspect. Why? Well seems this man was also her ex husband Bob Weatherspoon. He's a know con man. Was Tilly in on something or was this just a terrible mix up? It's certain Tilly isn't telling the truth but who is she trying to protact? Herself or someone else? Will Delta and her friend Jonas be able to figure out who really did kill Bob without become victims themselves? Lots of great action
This was an interesting cozy mystery with an intriguing whodunit that kept me guessing until the end of the story. The reason I gave it four stars was that I really felt like I was missing something important to the characters' backstories, and I really didn't feel connected to the main character. I just felt I was missing something. I received an advanced reader's copy from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
3 stars
A decent cozy mystery in this series. The first books in the series really need to be read prior to this one.
Murder is visible  in this small-town cozy mystery! For individuals   that love cozy mysteries and small-town fiction this is a great series.
shop owner Delta Douglas is finally getting  into small-town life style  in Tundish, Montana. However  with the tourist season drying up, the main person needs  to find a way to draw in her stationery shop clientele.  HIGHLY known artist Tilly Tay is just the KEY―and her display is sure to be a hit attraction in town.

on the day of the grand reveal, Delta discovers a tiny prospector dead in the exhibit. That's when a body is found at the nearby motel, perfectly mirroring the miniature murder. Soon enough, Delta's artist guest is suspected of the crime and her shop is suddenly cast under a cloud of bad press. With DELTAS trusty  Paper Posse at her side, She must pull no paper punches to crack the case and save Wanted's reputation before more issues comes into the fold.
The Stationary Shop Mystery series continues in this third installment. We get to “see” Delta, Hazel, Gram, Spud, and all of our favorites from the two previous books.

This time, we meet a famous artist who comes to down to help Delta and Wanted by bringing some excitement to town. Except this kind of excitement isn’t what anyone expected.

A mystery man? A murder? Is our new artist friend what she seems? Just what kind of secrets are hiding in Tundish?

I adored this book and these characters. The charter development is great, and the story is exciting and fun. Even though this is a third book in a series, it can easily be read as a standalone.

The Glitter End is the definition of a “cozy mystery”, and will be very enjoyable to all!

I would like to think Vivian Conroy, Poisoned Pen Press, and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Publish date: September 28. 2021

#TheGlitterEnd  #NetGalley
This was pure joy.  Loved the characters, loved the setting, well plotted, and atmosphere.  I will be picking up the first two books in the series and am looking forward to the fourth.
The Glitter End is the third installment in the Stationery Shop Mystery series set in Tundish, Montana and featuring crafting shop co-owner Delta Douglas.  Hoping to draw more locals (and tourists) into their store, Wanted, Delta hires Tilly Tay, a well know miniaturist to create a display of the gold mining town inside the shop.

Delta is apprehensive when the delivery men set to install the exhibit don't have many nice things to say about the eccentric woman and in fact go scurrying out of the shop as soon as they see her rusty vehicle coming down the main street.  Delta quickly learns that Tilly and her small dog, Buddy live in old van and that the elderly woman seems to have a deeper connection to the small community than she'd originally let on.  After seeing Tilly arguing with a man she claims was hassling her about insurance, Delta is shocked when the stranger turns up dead in front of the local motel and is also identified as Tilly's estranged husband.  Anxious to find a killer and save the reputation of Wanted, Delta sets out with the help of Jonas Nord and his trusty German Shepard to track down a killer.

The mystery of Tilly Tay also embeds itself into the mystery surrounding Delta's Grandmother's new beau.  Is Gram's new friend praying on elderly ladies?  All around a fun afternoon read with the return of series regulars, and a deepening sense of community togetherness.

I received an advanced copy of The Glitter End from NetGalley via Poisoned Press.  While not required to write a review I am happy to offer my honest opinion.
THE GLITTER END is the third in Vivian Conroy’s Stationary Shop Mystery series, and I really thought this instalment was on sparkling form.

Tundish is just as charming as ever, with an idyllic small-town atmosphere. The ‘feel’ of the town, surrounded by forests and nature but with a quirky gold-rush history, makes it the perfect cozy settling. It feels welcoming and comfortable as a reader.

THE GLITTER END focuses a little less of Delta’s Paper Posse investigative group as a whole, focusing instead on a couple of key members and then exploring the romance between Delta and ex-cop turned ranger Jonas. It also spends more time at Wanted, Delta’s stationary shop, than I felt this last one did, with the murder mystery more directly tied to the store.

I really enjoy Delta as a character. She plucky and upbeat, and her crafting interests give the series a nice twist on other mysteries. THE GLITTER END added in miniatures as an important part of the story, and I’d really love to see something like the model of Tundish that Conroy describes.

I loved this addition the Stationery Shop Mystery series, and I look forward to reading the next one as the series continues. There are some loose ends left from the B-plot that I think will be interesting to explore. I hope this cozy series is a long-running one, as Delta and Wanted are always a delight.
I liked the story idea but was not able to really connect with the characters and the plot.  I kept hoping the story would get not interesting but it didn't.
This book was enjoyable.  It takes place in an old gold mining town, where the protagonist co-owns a shop that sells paper products and other writing accessories.  The story contains believable characters, a good plot, suspense and romance.  I highly recommend this book to other cozy mystery readers.
While I had high expectations for this book, I found myself disappointed and not able to get into the actual story.
I usually enjoy this author's stories, so I will look for the next book with the hopes that I love it.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for selecting me to read an advanced copy of this book.

#TheGlitterEnd #NetGalley
The characters are more well-rounded this time around. The mystery moves at a quick pace with several twists and turns. The was an enjoyable cozy mystery with a touch of romance.

All thoughts and opinions are my own, and in no way have I been influenced by anyone.
While hoping for way more paper crafting in this book, I did enjoy the miniature art display featured. An easy read with a great mystery.
We first met Delta Douglas back in Last Pen Standing, when she moved to a sleepy former Gold Rush town to open a craft supplies shop with her best friend. We rejoin them, two murders later (!), as the tourist town of Tundish hits the slow autumn/winter season. Trying to boost visitor numbers, Delta has invited famous miniatures artist, Tilly Tay, to display her latest work - a historical diorama of the town during the gold rush heyday - in their store. She soon starts to regret the decision, though, when bodies start showing up - first in miniature, then in real life!

After many cosy mysteries set in libraries or bookstores, I was happy to branch out into another love of mine - paper crafting. Despite the craft store setting, however, there isn't a great deal of that going on here. It is lovely imagining the tiny version of the town, lovingly crafted, but the story itself all but ignores it to switch between crime - appropriately -  and unfortunate unrequited eyelash fluttering.

The latter actually got on my nerves quite a lot. The story is told in third person, but very much from Delta's point of view, and I found her mental chatter about whether or not the bloke she fancies likes her or is having a relationship he hasn't mentioned, or any number of angsty moments, all very irritating. It reminds me a lot of being a teenager, but I was all but screaming for this grown woman to grow up and just *act*. Argh!

For me, too much 'romance' always spoils a cosy mystery, and this alas fell into that category for me. The actual crime and mystery also wasn't helped by the main suspect - Tilly the artist - acting in her own worst interests almost all of the time. Other 'clues' are just a bit too... well, I mean the shadowy 'Deep Throat'-esque figure just didn't work for me at all!

It wasn't a bad read, and I did enjoy the light diversion between more serious tomes, but overall I'd have to say I was a bit disappointed with this one.
Think you can guess “whodunnit”?  Think again.  This is a twister with plenty of clues taking you down the wrong path.  As always, the characters are genuinely likeable and you will find yourself feeling fully part of their lives.  I love the mysteries published by Poisoned Pen - they always pick authors who balance the quirky with the clever when spinning a great tale.  This is no exception.
I appreciate the publisher allowing me to read this book. A fun and breezy cozy mystery that I couldn't put down, can't wait to read more.
I enjoyed this book. I's a fast paced book with an interesting story. I liked the characters, and was surprised by who the killer was. #TheGlitterEnd #NetGalley
A murder in miniature that imitates a real one. Quirky fun characters. A protagonist that you can relate to.  An enjoyable read.  The third in the Stationary Shop Mystery series delivers. Thanks #netgalley and #PoisonedPenPress for the eARC in exchange for an honest review.