Cover Image: The Virgin Who Humbled Lord Haslemere

The Virgin Who Humbled Lord Haslemere

This might be book three in the Virgin Series, but I had been waiting for this one.

Georgiana and Benedict were perfect together! Loved the banter, the smiles and the plot of this book.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this ebook arc in exchange for an honest review.
Absolutely fabulous Cinderella type romance series! This is so much more than a love story! These intrepid heroines are so determined to help other women in need. This one matches up Miss Georgiana Hartley, the logical, non-emotional spinster of the group with the fun loving rake, Benedict Harcourt, Lord Haslemere. We met him in the 2nd story as the faithful friend of tortured Lord Gideon. This time he's met his match in Georgiana who has no time or respect for wastrels who play all day. Both of these individuals are thrown together and discover there is so much more to discover about themselves & each other, and how much they can endure for those they love.

Georgiana is tasked with finding the whereabouts of Clara Beauchamp by Lady Jane, Duchess Kenilworth. Clara disappeared 6 years ago at Lord Draven's Christmas Ball. Jane believes she saw her in Lady Tilbury's carriage this week! She goes to the Clifford house to task them with finding her quietly without letting her husband, Duke Kenilworth or her brother, Benedict Harcourt know. This proves to be very difficult as Georgiana is on Benedict's radar. They met one night when she was recovering 2 troublesome young girls from the school one night. Georgiana gave him a scolding that blistered his ears and peaked his interest.

Benedict Harcourt, Earl of Haslemere is famous for his being the most likable rake of the Ton. He provides all sorts of entertainment for the board Lords. He's more than intrigued by Georgiana because she's so different than any other woman who has crossed his path. When he observes her at Lady Wylde's masquerade ball asking many questions and finds a horrible rumor about his beloved younger sister Jane, he decides he has to get to the bottom of it. That leads him right to Georgiana. This was so much fun to read. Georgiana is tenacious in digging out the history of Clara Beauchamp. Benedict is so very protective of those he considered his own, his sister & nephew, and later includes Georgiana when things become dangerous. There are so many secrets in the past that they did up and discover surprising bad guys along the way.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The virgin who humbled Lord Haslemere is the third volume in The Swooning virgins’ society. I loved the previous volumes: The virgin who ruined Lord Gray and The virgin who vindicated Lord Darlington. This novel features Benedict Harcourt, count of Haslemere and Lady Clifford’s third protégée Georgiana Harley.
Of course, we’ve known her since the beginning of the series. And we have met Lord Haslemere in the previous volume. He’s the best friend of the marquis of Darlington, hero in the latter.
It’s a character I really liked in the book, so I was looking forward to know what the author would tell about him. What’s more, we knew that Benedict and Georgiana had already met before the previous story, especially through some comments from Lord Haslemere, and that he was very intrigued by her. In TVWHLH, we see their very first meeting in the first two chapters, before them meeting again at present time.

As usual with this series, our heroine has been chosen for an investigation. So she must find a young woman who disappeared six years ago and it’s Lord Haslemere’s sister who asks Lady Clifford’s help. Her only request: that nobody learn about it, especially her brother. To begin her investigation, Georgiana must attend a masked ball, also attended incognito by our hero. He unmasks her immediately and one thing leading to another, he understands she’s working for his sister. Our heroes are going to ally to discover the truth.

I must say the suspense side is very, very well done. We only learn all the whys and the wherefores at the end of the book, even if we have some suspicions all along. I especially appreciated the trust that takes place quickly between Benedict and Georgiana.

Concerning the main characters, Benedict seems a frivolous, egoist and rake person. We quickly learn he plays his card close to his chest and can show a keen intelligence and a flawless determination as long as it’s about his sister and his nephew. The title of the book takes all its sense when he’s going to realize his decisions he thought legitimate can lead to disastrous consequences for other people. We can say he’s the character who evolves the most in the book, but he doesn’t really have a bad heart, so he’s more likeable right away.
I really liked Georgiana, who’s a very kind, loyal and determined person. She has a complicated past so she doesn’t trust easily, she also has dreams for Lady Clifford’s school and she adapts quickly to the situations.

The love story between Benedict and Georgiana evolves all through the book. We feel their attraction in the previous volume, but the heroine distrusts him too much to be convinced and give him a chance. In spite of that, Benedict doesn’t give up easily and I really liked this aspect of their relationship. There are not many love scenes in the book but a lot of sensuality.

TVWHLH is supposed to be the second-to-last volume in the series. The only left is Emma Downing who’s in a secret mission elsewhere and we suspect we’ll know more about it in the book about her that will be titled The virgin who bewitched Lord Lymington, expected for November 2021.
In any case, TVWHLH is a volume as good as the other two and I can’t wait to read the next.
This was my first Anna Bradley’s book , but it won’t certainly be the last. After having enjoyed every moment of this wonderful story, I intend to buy the previous books of the Swooning Virgins Society series.
First of all, I loved the plot, which is exceptionally well structured. In fact, there’s a good mystery story which accompanies the love story through the book and they’re both intriguing and exciting till the very end. Bradley is very, very good at holding the readers captive and guiding them through a thrilling journey of feelings, desire and secrets.
As for the characters, Benedict and Georgiana, they’re both lovely and masterfully described. I particularly enjoyed the banter between them, the sparks that flew during every interaction. There are quite  a few amusing scenes that made me laugh loudly! But the love story part is equally good and poignant.
In conclusion, it’s really a book worth reading and I recommend it with all my heart.
This is a story about an easy going, fun loving earl and a prim and proper young lady set upon solving a mystery.  I loved the interaction between Georgiana and Benedict.  Their banter as they worked together was very entertaining, especially since one was also keeping a secret from the other.
He's a rogue, she's a conundrum.

Benedict enjoys his feckless life, filled with silly games and sillier friends.
Georgiana is a conundrum. Taken from the streets, where she was quite a crafty artist, she now is working on dual purposes for her benefactor, a duchess, whose brother is Benedict.
She has a puzzle to solve and Benedict keeps getting in her way.

Benedict did improve on me as the story unfolds and I liked the smart Georgiana right away, with her many talents and skills.

Recommend.
Who is Clara Beauchamp, where is she, and what is her connection to the Duchess of Kenilworth?  That is the mystery Georgiana Harley is tasked by Lady Clifford to solve.  She has just begun her investigation when Benedict Harcourt, Earl of Haslemere, and brother to the Duchess demands to know what is going on.  Actually, he pesters her until she tells him.  Then they off on an action-packed adventure to solve the mystery.  Together, they unravel clues that include dangerous secrets, a duel, and mounds of Society gossip. When the ah-ha moment comes, and all is revealed, the danger isn’t quite over.  There is still a villain to deal with.

Haslemere and Georgiana are great fun to watch.  Haslemere appears on the surface to be a typical Society rogue, but inside, he has a good heart and is obsessively protective of his sister and nephew.  Georgiana is intelligent, with sharp tongue and wit.  The banter between them is smart and snarky.  The attraction is undeniable and the chemistry hot.  When the mystery is solved, the danger is past, and everyone is safe, Benedict and Georgina will have the chance to talk about their happily ever after.  This is a great story with a mystery, adventure, romance, and fantastic characters.  An entertaining addition to a wonderful series.

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.  My review is voluntary.
This was an entertaining, well-written book. It was fast paced, held my interest and I didn't want to put it down. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more books by this author.
This is book 3 in the Seooning Virhin Society. It can be read as a stand alone.
This is the story of Georgiana, teacher and Benedict,  Earl of Haselmere.
This was a good story., an enemies
to lover storyline . It had romance, action and mystery. The book started out great with a very cute-meet.  But it  bogged down a little in the middle but finished up strongly.  So if you stick with it you wont regret it.
4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐
really enjoyed reading this book by one of my favorite authors. Even though it's in a series, it can be read as a stand alone. The characters seemed real with thought and feelings of their own.
Georgiana came from a charity school and learned a lot more than the regular young ladies should.
She likes things orderly and calm that gives her acceptance to get things done. When the Duchess of Kenilworth seeks out Georgiana to help her escape her family and get to a safe place. The Duchess is afraid of her husband and must get her son to safety too
When Benedict Harcourt, the Earl of Haslemere overhears plans that involve his sister, he confronts the young woman who sets this the Earl's focus elsewhere. Like the beautiful Georgiana lips that he wants to taste and he feels like he's in love. Why doesn't this man bother her so much and messing with her plans for the Duchess?
When fate lures both of them to a steamy beginning, love will be the key to a true happy ending.
I appreciate Net Galley for this ARC title in which I gave an honest review.
Third book in the series and still loads of fun. This tells the story of Georgiana and Benedict. I always love book smart heroines and Georgiana is a math guru 😊 while Benedict is a loveable rogue. As with the other 2 books in the series we have a mystery ongoing also. I enjoyed both leads although I felt Georgiana was a bit too judgey at times. Benedict was just a great character and I really love how much he loves his family.

Ultimately, another enjoyable read even if not as good as first 2.

Thanks, NetGalley and the Publishers for the ARC.
The Virgin who Humbled Lord Haslemere by Anna Bradley is pure delight! I’ve never read Bradley before and this won’t be the last. I have seriously been missing out! Worked well as standalone, but I will be going back to read this series!

I was absorbed in the characters from the first page. Georgiana is a teacher, math prodigy, all around complex and caring human. Benedict is the protective rake who can’t seem to get Georgiana’s first scolding off his mind!

Come for the Historical Romance filled with slow burn, witty banter and  teamwork. Stay for the relentless pursuit to solve the mystery of a woman who disappeared six years ago.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. #AnnaBradley #TheVirginWhoHumbledLordHaslemere #NetGalley
Oh!! This was an intriguing, exciting, romantic adventure. I loved every minute of this book. It was also quite funny at times. The Virgin Who Humbled Lord Haslemere  by Anna Bradley. Jane the Duchess  of Kenilworth goes to The Clifford Charity School for Way word Girls to ask for help in finding a missing woman. Georgiana  is put on the case to help Jane and along the way she gets some help from Jane's brother Benedict the earl of Haslemere. This was an intricate tale of mystery that takes you along for a ride. I couldn't guess what was going to happen until the second the author let me know, which never happens I can usually figure out the mystery but not this time. So good, well done.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

”The Virgin Who Humbled Lord Haslemere” is the third book in  Anna Bradley’s The Swooning Virgins Society series.

This is my first book written by Anna Bradley and I enjoyed this enemies to lovers story.

The story between Lord Haslemere (Benedict Harcourt) and Georgiana Harley starts out very adversarial but melds into something sweet as they begin to have a shared purpose. It had the feel of a slow burn as you hear Haslemere’s perspective. My heart did break for Georgiana when she was reconciling her feelings to what the Lord was feeling for her. The supporting characters were well developed and interesting to read about as well.

I found some of the plot twists to be somewhat blasé and a little predictable but still well written. The villain was clearly the villain from jump so there wasn’t a lot of mystery or suspense with that component. I am somewhat impatient so a slow burn always raises my hackles but I pushed through. The private moments between just Benedict and Georgiana were my favorites; being able to see how they map their course to each other and come to the mutual understanding that they were meant for each other was truly sublime - well done, Anna!

I look forward to reading the previous books in the series. 🥰

* I received this book as an ARC through NetGalley and Kensington Books in exchange for my honest review.
#TheVirginWhoHumbledLordHaslemere #NetGalley
This story has so much going for it. Mystery, witty banter and a love-hate relationship. Three of my favorite things in stories. The mystery is complicated but very good. Who would have guessed the villain and the relationships. The witty banter and love-hate relationship are insanely off the charts delicious. Benedict is a rake and makes no excuses for it. He can charm the drawers off of any woman that is except Georgiana. Why? he wonders. Georgiana realizes that Benedict’s charm does have its merits but she makes him work for it. Their close proximity while travelling and working out the mystery works wonders for their relationship. Anna has outdone herself in this story. My favorite in this series.
Danger abounds unsuspected as the scolding heroine meets the rogue who has unscrupulously engaged two mischievous children in a midnight foot race.  Later they meet again as she is engaged to ferret out the whereabouts of a woman missing for 6 long years.  Secrets will out; misperceptions will be undone; and a Duke will die before all is through.  The man with the cleanest reputation will be revealed as a cad and cheat.  A rogue will lose his reputation and settle down.  Lives will be altered by events herein.  An exciting tale with a worthy heroine at its heart.
The Virgin Who Humbled Lord Haslemere by Anna Bradley Is the third book in The swooning Virgins series. The series spins around women who live at the Clifford Charity School for Wayward Girls. Each of the girls were found as Street children in London and were reformed by the school and now Cheech. Georgiana Harley is no exception.

The story starts out with the Duchess of Kenilworth showing up late one night and Georgiana being charged with helping her find a childhood friend. However as part of the task, she is not to share any information with theDuchess's brother Benedict Harcourt.  Guess who shows up the next morning? That's right, the Earl of Haslemere, which is Benedict Harcourt. He wishes to her help to discover his own little conundrum. Georgiana finds herself playing a role of trying to find out one secret while not giving away that same secret to the brother, while she's helping find out another secret. Perfectly clear right? Nothing's going to go wrong right?

Benedict Harcourt is a dashing young man. He's considered a hopeless rake, but he cares very much for his sister and for his friends. He is all about trying to figure out what is going on. Too bad Georgiana won't let it go. Together they go riding off into the wilds of England to discover the truth. And in the end do they discover they love?  The Virgin Who Humbled Lord Haslemere by Anna Bradley Is a fun romp of a read.
4,5 Stars
The only thing Georgiana Harley despises more than chaos is bad behaviour. So when the Duchess of Kenilworth pleads for her to investigate what happened to her friend Clara Beauchamp who disappeared six years ago & who Jane thinks she saw recently she’s come to the right place. Calm and logical, with nerves of steel, Georgiana is uniquely qualified to help the duchess. Georgiana's greatest challenge is Her Grace’s brother, Lord Haslemere. An arrogant scoundrel, he keeps interfering with Georgiana’s methodical plans. Benedict Harcourt, the Earl of Haslemere isn’t about to trust his precious sister and beloved nephew to some delicate chit who looks as if a stiff wind could send her sprawling—no matter how brilliant Georgiana is. Or beautiful. Or brave. Or lovable. Or irresistible. But does even he have the courage to fall for a young woman with the starry eyes of an innocent—and the unstoppable fierceness of a lioness? Only time, and taking a risk, will tell .
This is the third book in the series & my favourite so far. It could be read on its own but I personally love that previous characters do make appearances. A very well written book with wonderful verbal banter between Benedict & Georgiana. I loved both Benedict & Georgiana, He's the rake & rogue but really is an adoring brother & uncle, she it how it is. They find that they are thrown together but the more they investigate the more their attraction grows & the more in danger they find themselves. I love romance & I love a mystery so when both are combined I’m one happy reader & here they are combined very well. There were secrets, twists & turns plus revelations that will surprise plus a burgeoning romance – I loved it
My honest review is for a special copy I voluntarily read
This is a suspenseful story full of twists, turns, and confusion. Yes. Confusion! A happy-go-lucky rake doesn't fall head over heels in lust (or love) with a tart-tongued scold. But Benedict, Lord Haslemere does. And as smug and annoying as Benedict is, Georgiana finds herself thinking about him much too often. Benedict's sister, the Duchess of Kenilworth, has approached Georgiana to find a missing person, with a caveat that she is not to tell her brother anything about it. Soon after, Benedict engages Georgiana to investigate the hateful rumors and gossip making the rounds about his sister. Georgiana feels she has to take on his assignment too and now has to juggle two investigations while keeping her respective employers in the dark.  The missing person story and nasty gossip are related and the discovery of what really happened is mind blowing. If you like mystery with a lot of flirting and romance thrown in you will love this book!
Another great addition to this series ‘The swooning Virgins Society’. The Duchess of Kenilworth approaches Georgiana Harley for help to find a missing friend. Yet Georgiana soon finds herself lying to Her Grace’s brother, Lord Haslemere, who is also puzzled by the rumours that are abuzz about his sister. Benedict Harcourt, the Earl of Haslemere, can’t understand Georgina’s involvement with his sister, but soon finds himself, wishing to spend more time with her.
This was a rollercoaster ride of a story. I loved the romance between Georgina and Benedict. Whilst trying to uncover the story behind the rumours and the missing young woman, the intensity of their feelings is quite palpable. What made this such a refreshing story was that there were few obstacles in the way of their romance, except their own feelings and responsibilities. Such a great read, that I don’t want this series to end. Each book just keeps getting better.
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.