Cover Image: Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin is without a doubt one of the biggest rock bands of all time. This is a comprehensive, in-depth look at all of the members of the group from start to finish. It is well-written and very detailed, accounting for both the positives and negatives of each of the band members without glossing over any  of the copious debauchery.  Some of the descriptions, including underaged rape, drug and alcohol abuse, and wanton destruction of property are very disturbing. It is hard to believe that certain members were able to produce such successful songs under these conditions. I found the depictions of the interrelationships of each of the band members to be particularly interested. Anyone who is a Led Zeppelin will enjoy this thoroughly.
Led Zeppelin is timeless. A favorite band of my husband and I in the late 60’s as well as today, and our children’s as well, so it was wonderful to finally read what happened behind the scenes.
Entertaining but sad book about one of my favorite bands. I would have liked to have seen more about what happened to the surviving members after 1980.