Cover Image: Pizza and Taco: Super-Awesome Comic!

Pizza and Taco: Super-Awesome Comic!

I love the Pizza and Taco books and this one was a great addition to them. I think Pizza and Taco are hilarious and relatable.
This funny story provides a new adventure for Pizza and Taco. Pizza and Taco encourage young readers to read graphic novels. The graphic novel format is easy to follow and read. The book may inspire young readers to be writers as the book describes the writing process of brainstorming. It also discusses artistic differences, thinking, and working with others. Recommended for grades K though 5.
This third installment of Pizza and Taco by Stephen Shaskan, Pizza and Taco: Super-Awesome Comic!, has been long-awaited by my six-year-old. We enjoyed seeing Pizza and Taco work together this time, showing that teamwork is not always simple and requires some give and take from everyone on the team. They work together to create a great comic - complete with silly villains (we knew hamburger and hotdog would get into things again) and a little potty humor. Clever to fit a comic book into a comic book.

The team in this series is funny and easy to follow, with simple dialog and graphics that keep newer readers cruising. While the literary value and plotlines aren't riveting, it fits the bill for something quick, easy, and silly to get kids reading. The plot of this third book in the series was not our favorite (the second book had such a funny twist of trouble), but it was still worth diving in.
My eleven year old silly boy loved this book so much!  The illustrations added so much to the overall story.
Pizza and Taco are like a cross between Narwhal and Jelly and the boys from Captain Underpants. They have the simple plot and conflict of Clanton's work but with more of a Pilkey style zaniness. And I like that while the pair are best friends much of the conflict in the series arises from them. They disagree about the "right" way to do things and each puts their own desires first. Cute and fun.
I had to read through the app because the kindle format was messed up but it aside from that little hick up this was cute. I had my kids read this to because they love the series too and this is hands down are favorite one yet, They love the friendship between Pizza and Taco and how they always come to compromise so they both get what they want and have a good time.
I didn't realize this was a series and I will be going back to read the others!

The book was easy to read, they illustrations were nicely done. My son is a reluctant reader and enjoyed this one. It reminds me of the captain underpants series.

The book teaches about team work and compromising while they are writing their comic,

Pizza and Taco were cute, wacky characters. I enjoyed their adventure.
The third outing for BFF duo Pizza and Taco is all about the creative process, and the disagreements that can throw a wrench into the works. The two friends decide to work on a comic together: Pizza is the writer, Taco's the artist, but they don't really see eye to eye on things. Taco's superhero sketches make him look like a musclebound superhero, but Pizza's superhero wizard looks a tad... scrawny. Pizza's superhero backstories make Pizza "Pizza Supreme:" with superpowers like "super everything", while Taco's superpowers include "onion breath" and "super farts", and works at a bank. Deciding to work separately, they realize that something's missing... each other! They reunite, setting ground rules before they launch back into their story of superhero wizards who do karate to save the universe! The story has hilarious dialogue that kids will love and laugh at as they learn about working through differences, compromise, and creating working agreements in order to work with others. Great for emerging readers, the book is organized into chapters that prepare readers for bigger books like the Wimpy Kid series, Dog Man, and Captain Underpants. Give to your Narwhal and Jelly, Fox and Chick, and Shark and Bot readers. Make sure to do the Best Friend dance with your Kiddos - they'll love it.
Pizza and Taco are very fun. This is a fairly short book, great for early readers or kids with small attention spans. The pictures add so much to the stories, as you end up laughing at the facial expressions and superhero drawings. The dialogue is simple and easily read, great for beginners.
Stephen Shaskan has done it again! This Pizza and Taco SUPER-sized comic is such a blast to share with the whole family.
'Pizza and Taco: Super-Awesome Comic!' by Stephen Shaskan is a kids graphic novel which revolves around two best friends Pizza and Taco. It's the 3rd installment in the series.

As pizza and taco love comics a lot, so they decide to write one. During the process, they come across some 'artistic differences'. The book teaches kids about things like compromise, team work, etc.

I liked how the book is easy to read, with lots of colorful illustrations that keep reluctant readers going. There are these wacky yet relatable characters. Looking forward for next installment.

I did not realize this was a series of kids comics! How cute.

I'd say it's nonsensical fun.. but it's not nonsense.
It's a really cute food-friend story about working together to achieve a goal. Even if you don't see eye-to-eye at first, working together really is more fun.
Using your strengths together to achieve the ultimate fun together! Cute kids' story.

**Thank you to Random House and NetGallery for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. **
Perfect for reluctant readers, this short comic book-like text tells the story of two friends Pizza and Taco as they create their own comic book with hilarious results. Kids in elementary school and beginning readers will love this next book in the series.
Pizza and Taco is an enjoyable beginning reader. Readers will be anxious for the next chapter of their adventures!
This was my first book to read by this author and I can't wait to read more! The characters are amazing and the story flows so well. Really cannot recommend this one enough!!
I'm so glad I was able to review an eARC of this book from NetGalley because I had not seen this series before.  This is the third installment in the series about Pizza and Taco, two best friends.  In this book, they decide to write a graphic novel together.  Super Slice and Taco Awesome may be superheroes, but Pizza and Taco have some artistic differences when working together.  The adorable pictures, great humor. and relatable storyline make it a perfect fit for kids K-3.  I plan on purchasing the whole series for my school library.
This is another fun addition to the Pizza and Taco series as the pair tries to write a comic. Kids are sure to continue to be drawn to these humorous books.
This is book 3 in the Pizza and Taco series.  Since they both love comics they have decided to write their own, but how will they work through their artistic differences.

The art is so cute.  It is simple and reminds me a little of The Amazing World of Gumball.  The characters are not only kid friendly, but also entertaining to adults.  The expressions on their faces while arguing were great.  It has a great message about the importance of compromise and teamwork.

Not only do you get a great story about Pizza and Taco, but they also include Pizza and Taco's comic.  I can't wait to get this into the hands of my students.

4 stars
Playful, buddy graphic novel for fans of NARWHAL & JELLY.  Fun, colorful illustrations. I read with my six-year-old daughter.

I appreciated how the characters learned about compromise and teamwork, but the humor fell flat for us.
Interesting way to tell a story, was a bit confused by the plot at first but liked the introduction of teamwork as a lesson for kids.