Cover Image: All Her Little Secrets

All Her Little Secrets

Whats in the dark will come to light!
With a long buried past, a secret and a brother with a criminal history, Ellice Littlejohn finds her self in a predicament that threatens the life she has built for herself. She must choose between doing whats right and protecting the ones she love or keeping her past hidden.
A fast paced, compulsive read that tells an all too familiar story of racism and sexism in corporate America with a murder mystery in the mix. I absolutely loved it!
Can I tell you how excited I was to get my hands on All Her Little Secrets??  Can you hear me shrieking in joy?

This book has surpassed all expectations and became an instant favorite for 2021. You will not be able to put this book down and when you do finish it, you will be left thinking about it for days.

I do not want to go into details as I do not want to spoil anything but I will tell you this.... do not underestimate a woman! Run, do not walk, on publishing day to grab yourself a copy of All Her Little Secrets, you do not want to miss this one!
A lawyer with secrets in her past is hastily promoted to replace her boss - and lover - found dead in his office and realizes she's being used as part of a cover-up for shady business dealings. This engrossing legal thriller has a satisfying mystery at its core, bolstered by a complex protagonist who is conflicted by her desire to rise above her roots as a poor Black girl in rural Georgia and the need to be true to herself and her family.

Strongly recommended for fans of the genre, and especially for libraries looking to diversify their thriller collections.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the review copy.
I have found a good thriller hard to come by, but this book really hit the spot. Suspenseful, fast-paced, and never boring I enjoyed this book very much.
It’s been a long time since a thriller made me cry--but this one did. ALL HER LITTLE SECRETS is teeming with passion and family and power and history and heartbreak-- it will provoke you and haunt you and inspire you. Wanda Morris is the consummate storyteller, filling this riveting and relentless page turner with her powerhouse talent and shattering insight. A master class in voice, a master class in justice, and in injustice, too. Wanda Morris has created an instant classic. Stop everything and read this! And Wanda, Hollywood is calling.
Chock-full of deeply buried secrets that slowly claw their way to the surface, a beyond toxic work environment that’ll make you break out in hives, and a gutsy, marvellous heroine you’ll be rooting for right from the start, ALL HER LITTLE SECRETS by Wanda Morris is a terrific, timely legal thriller you won’t be able to put down. I devoured this story faster than a plate of chicken and dumplings and the deeply satisfying conclusion made me cheer out loud!
What happens when you find your boss (who you are having an affair with) is found murdered in his office? AND you are tagged as his replacement? This thriller was great. While you know who the bad guys are, the thrill was in the chase. I also liked the storyline of family, overcoming your backstory, and fighting the glass ceiling as a woman in a male dominated career. Fast paced with some great characters. Definately recommended.
This book hooked me from the beginning. I really enjoy when a book opens up with action (the murder) and then let’s us kind of work quickly as a reader to figure out who the players are. I definitely had some sense that the corporation was trying to keep the protagonists “hands tied” to cover something up but it did take some time to get there in the novel. It was nicely paced throughout and a good little thriller read. One I’d definitely recommend for those looking for a poolside read.
All Her Little Secrets is a thrilling mystery.  I was drawn in from the beginning.  Ellice Littlejohn is African American a corporate attorney for a company that has very few blacks on staff and is the target of protesters.  When her boss is found dead of an apparently staged suicide, she becomes one of the main suspects.  In the attempt to save herself, she discovers the secret societies, the malicious intent of her co-workers and that secrets from her past that she thought were long buried have been discovered.

In a race against time to save herself from the accusations as well as to preserve her life, she has to uncover who is behind the murder of her boss and is surprised that the incident hits really close to home. I was drawn in from the beginning.  The book was fast paced and action pack; therefore, it was a quick read.  This is the first book I’ve read by Wanda M Morris and it won’t be the last.
This is a fast-paced thriller that effortlessly weaves commentary on racism and the USA’s toxic work culture into a keeps-you-on-the-edge-of-your-seat thriller plot. It ratchets up the tension by opening with a dead body (jeez!) and keeps your attention through the very end. The author was able to bring Ellice’s voice to life in an astoundingly clear way to the point where I felt like I knew her, and I loved getting to read this story from Ellice’s perspective. This book was so smartly written - it’s part social justice commentary, part family drama, and part thriller - and the plot’s secrets reveal themselves to you slowly, like a trail of breadcrumbs that you’re desperate to grab onto. Now, who wants some chicken and dumplings?