Cover Image: Instantly Mediterranean

Instantly Mediterranean

Yum! I'm a fan of Mediterranean food and an even bigger fan of my Instant Pot and Air fryer. I love these two handy tools and this cookbook really caters to them! Such a great blend of recipes to choose from. You won't regret getting this book! Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced copy of this book for an honest review.
Instantly Mediterranean by Emily Paster is not your typical cookbook of Mediterranean recipes. It is a very interesting collection to cook up some Mediterranean flavours quickly. If you enjoy healthy, fast meals, and like using an instant pot or air fryer, this book of recipes is one to check out.

There are a wealth of recipes included in this book that are from quite a few Mediterranean countries, including Greece, Egypt, and Lebanon. While some of the ingredients might be difficult to find in a regular grocery store, they are easily sourced online. The recipes have lots of fresh ingredients and unique combinations.

❀ BASICS OF USING AN INSTANT POT ARE COVERED

If you are unsure of how to use some of the tools required to prepare the dishes in the cookbook, Paster goes over the basics on how to use an instant pot and air fryer. There is also a list of accessories that will help to create the recipes and the instructions are very easy to follow. As well, there are many beautiful photographs throughout the book, but not every recipe has an accompanying photo. For a book that boasts different recipes and flavour combinations, I would have enjoyed a few more photos.

❀ CONTENTS: INSTANTLY MEDITERRANEAN BY EMILY PASTER

Main Courses with Meat & Fish
Desserts
Air Fryer Recipes

❀ ADDS FLAIR TO EVERYDAY MEALS

If you enjoy Mediterranean cooking and using an instant pot, Instantly Mediterranean by Emily Paster is a great cookbook to add some flair to your everyday meals. I am excited to dust off my instant pot this winter and try a few of these recipes.
Thanks to Tiller Press and NetGalley for an advanced copy of this cookbook.

I love my Instant Pot but don't use it enough. My family also just switched to a Mediterranean way of eating so I was very happy to find this cookbook. It has recipes for breakfast, dips/spreads & breads, soups & stews, grains/vegetables/& pulses, main courses with meat & fish, desserts, and even air fryer recipes! I was pleased by the variety and types of recipes included and marked quite a few to try. I may have to buy this one in print!
This cookbook is filled with authentic Mediterranean recipes that you can make in your Electric pressure cooker or air fryer.  Just reading these recipes and looking at the beautiful pictures that accompany them you can almost smell the delicious scents of the food.  The recipes can be complex and require ingredients that you may not keep on hand.  This book is for the more experienced user of the pressure cooker or air fryer.  If you are ready to take your cooking to the next level, expand your pallet and make more sophisticated foods in these appliances I highly recommend this book.  Thank you to the publisher and Net Galley for the opportunity to review this book.
I recently became interested in the Mediterranean diet due to its focus on vegetables and unprocessed foods so you can say I was excited to see Instantly Mediterranean melded this diet with the beloved Instant Pot.

Immediately, the layout caught my eye. The section covers highlight the Mediterranean feel, and the pages are clean and minimal. I do wish there were more photos as the ones included are beautiful and lure you into wanting to make those specific recipes. I'm also unfamiliar with many of these recipes and had to Google them for photos to get an idea of what it should look like.

I tested a couple of the recipes - the Avgolemono Soup with Chicken and Chicken Sofrito. The Avgolemono Soup was easy to follow and tasted light and refreshing. The Chicken Sofrito was more difficult. I followed the directions to a tee, and the chicken and potatoes kept sticking to the pot and caused a burn message multiple times, even after scraping the brown bits and having enough liquid. That said, it was still delicious!

I was a bit turned off by the lack of nutrition information and time expected to make the recipe. I use both of these to plan out my meals for the week and felt I was going in blind with these missing. After eating one serving of the Chicken Sofrito, I was shocked to see it was over 1,000 calories once I plugged it into my food tracking app.

Overall I rate this book a 3.25 based on what I experienced so far, but I think I need to try more to give it a fair rating. I have the Ratatouille and Fried Potatoes with Smoked Paprika Aioli cued up next and am looking forward to updating my rating.

One thing's for sure, if you're into the Mediterranean diet and looking to get more use out of your Instant Pot or Air Fryer, this book will help you do that!
There are numerous cookbooks devoted to the  cooking method using the Instapot. This one is devoted to a specific cuisine, Mediterranean, one of my favorites. It includes both familiar and  lesser known countries such as Italy, Greece, France, Egypt, North Africa and Lebanon. I really appreciated the distinction between the Mediterranean Diet and Mediterranean cooking. I'm not on a diet, just love to eat!
The ingredient list was helpful and I enjoyed learning new words such as Masabacha, Baharat and matbucha. I would certainly refer back to this as a reference.
My Mother has used a pressure cooker, the old type with a round thingy on top to release the air, for decades. It scared me to death everytime she did. Maybe I can venture into using an instant pot with the recipes and techniques in this lovely cookbook.
The techniques and recipes were well organized, wish there were more pictures, I like to visualize what the final dish should look like, especially new and unfamiliar recipes.
The soup, stews and stocks section was definitely my favorite. Lots of beans, lentils and other staple recipes included. There were quite a lot of steps and time involved in some of the recipes, would be for a more advanced home cook not a beginner. There are even suggestions for dishes to serve alongside many of the recipes.
There are thoughtful, informative comments about where the recipes originate from, traditions and updates to old recipes. Mediterranean food was not part of my heritage so, a cookbook like this is a tremendous aide for me to prepare the food I love to eat.
I'm not interested in an air fryers and didn't focus much on that section.
As a member of Netgalley I received an advance digital copy of "Instantly Mediterranean" by Emily Pastor, published by Simon & Schuster. Thank you for the opportunity to read this exciting cookbook. These are my personal opinions and thoughts given voluntarily.
My husband is Turkish and I always love finding new Mediterranean cookbooks, so that I can surprise him with cuisine that reminds him of home. This book was perfection, as I've recently acquired an air fryer, and am quite obsessively playing with it. There are SO many tantalizing recipes to try... and I want to try all of them, but I decided to stop and write this review, so that you can try some yourself!

Easy five stars! These recipes are focused on primarily a instant pot, with a chapter dedicated to the air fryer as well. The Chicken Shawarma I made is my favorite thing I've made in the air fryer to date - the spices on the chicken were heavenly!!

Next up: the Fried Potatoes with Smoked Paprika Aioli, Sabich and homemade Hummus, and I MUST try making Labneh too. As you can see this is my new favorite cookbook!
Quite an extensive and impressive review of the basics of Mediterranean cuisine. Includes a great introduction to the various cultures that are considered "Mediterranean", review of relevant slices, coming utensils and methods.

This version is focused on electric pressure cookers and air fryers. Well done! I will continue to return to this read regularly!
Awesome recipes, great photos - easy to follow recipes.  I really enjoyed the air fryer instructions!

Thank you to NetGalley, the author and publisher for a temporary, digital ARC in return for my review.
If this book cannot convince you to buy a pressure cooker I’m not sure what will.
I have not yet took the plunge, but I am much closer after seeing all the delicious items Amazon will be my next stop!

Brilliantly put together. I love all the back stories and information.

Great cook book.
This extremely informative and comprehensive cookbook adapts traditional Mediterranean recipes to the Instant Pot and Air Fryer and gives busy cooks a way to cut the prep time in half or even more.  The book starts out with an explanation of the Mediterranean area geographically and culturally.  Then the author also provides valuable instructions on using and caring for the Instant Pot and Air Fryer.

Another thing I loved about this book is that some of the lesser-known spices and ingredients are defined and explained.  While some of these may not be in our US-based chain grocery stores, I got mine from an international spice store in town.  If you don't have one of those, Amazon has everything.

The recipes that follow are a broad range of different offerings from the many and varied cultures of the Mediterranean.  There is a fantastic tzatziki recipe, The Fasolakia (Braised Green Beans with Tomato) caught my eye because my tomato garden has produced a lot this year, and this is a fantastic way to use them.  Same with the Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes, which will happen soon.  The Stuffed Cabbage, Chicken and Chorizo Paella, and Chicken Tangine all look fantastic.

This book tells you how to make homemade ricotta and yogurt in your Instant Pot.  The recipe for granola with homemade yogurt looks fantastic.  For the Air Fryer recipes, Chicken Piccata and Chicken Schwarma stand out.

This book is a comprehensive look at Mediterranean cuisine of all cultures and regions.  If you use the Instant Pot and Air Fryer regularly, this is a must-have on the shelf.

I received a free copy of this book from the publishers via Netgalley.  My review is voluntary.
This book is great if you have both a pressure cooker and an air-fryer of some kind. The recipes are easy to follow. The ingredients are easy to source(your local cultural market and even some grocery stores will have the seasoning blends you need). I've never branched out into making yogurt but the Vanilla Yogurt Parfaits with Honey Pistachio Granola made it easy and tasty.  We love dips in our house and that was my favorite chapter. I especially loved the Pumpkin Chershi which was tangy and spicy and perfect for fall. The Ribollita is delicious as is the Sopa de Ajo. I'm looking forward to making the butternut squash and kale farrotto when squash is in season and the sour cherry bread pudding with vanilla sauce for my family of cherry lovers. This book has something for everyone and will help expand your palette if these flavors and textures are new to you.

Thank you to the publisher, author, and Netgalley for the ARC in return for my review.
this well written , detailed cookbook will make you rethink "Mediterranean Cooking". While the Greek classics are present, there is so much more to the region. Recipes from starters to light meals , to full course dinners and desserts are present and accounted for in French, Spanish, Moroccan, Turkish cuisine. Easy instructions, definitions of possibly unknown ingredients and background for each recipe make this cookbook a must have.
Instantly Mediterranean is a cookbook and recipe collection by Emily Paster slanted toward the cuisine of the Mediterranean (not the Mediterranean diet) and utilizing the instant pot electric pressure cooker for preparation and time-saving. Due out 14th Sept 2021 from Simon & Schuster on their Tiller Press imprint, it's 224 pages and will be available in paperback and ebook formats.

The layout is logical and easy to follow. The introduction covers the basics of the foods and grains of the Mediterranean region, tools, supplies, how-to for the Instant Pot, some safety & maintenance, pantry lists and ingredients. The following chapters include the recipes arranged roughly by category: breakfast, dips spreads & breads, soups & stews, grains vegetables & pulses, meat & fish, desserts, and air fryer recipes.

Ingredient measurements are supplied in American measurements only. There's a conversion chart for metric measures in the appendices. The nutritional information is not included. Extra tips and recipe alternatives are listed in sidebars with the recipes. The recipes themselves are fairly straightforward and are made with (mostly) easily sourced ingredients. Many are very simple, none of them are overly complex. The recipes are drawn from a wide variety of Mediterranean cuisines and it was really nice to see Moroccan and other Northern African recipes included. The loubia soup recipe was delicious and warming, and I've made it a couple of times since my initial review attempt.

The photography is not abundant; about 20% of the recipes include a photo, but the photographs which are included are clear and well done. I wish there had been more photographs and serving suggestions, but I do understand that extra photography increases the price of book projects very quickly.

Four stars.

Disclosure: I received an ARC at no cost from the author/publisher for review purposes
This has a nice selection of Mediterranean style recipes to keep you on track. in your dietary lifestyle. The recipes look easy to prepare and show easy to procure ingredients.
From breakfast to desserts and everything in between, there are 100 tasty sounding recipes within Instantly Mediterranean. While the book advertises 100 Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes, be aware that there are only 18 fryer recipes in a separate chapter at the back of the book.

Most of the recipes require at least an intermediate level of cooking knowledge. Many of the recipes also have challenging ingredients to find in a standard grocery store—much less an average pantry. The food, though, is filled with an international flair. The Mediterranean is much more than just Italy, France, and Greece so the variety is a pleasant surprise. Another positive is that almost all of the recipes include a photograph of the completed dish. My only disappointments are the complete lack of nutritional information and allergen warnings.

If you are an accomplished home chef who wants to broaden their repertoire, Instantly Mediterranean is a great way to do it. These recipes will impress anyone’s mother-in-law or rich friends. And they won’t heat up the house thanks to their use of the Instant Pot or air fryer. 4 stars!

Thanks to Tiller Press and NetGalley for a copy in exchange for my honest review.
This cookbook is full of fabulous recipes. I can't wait to add several of them to our weekly meal plan roation. What I love about the Mediterranean diet is that the recipes are both appealing and healthy, being able to cook them in the Instant Pot via the recipes in this book is even better! I also loved the add on section at the end with air fryer recipes, which all sounded fantastic!
I am a person who loves Mediterranean food and doesn't fully utilize her Instapot.  before I read this book, I had had the Instapot for over two years and only used it a handful of times.  But this book inspired me and it now has a permanent place on the counter (okay, no permanent, but I did move it to a more accessible place in the kitchen).  The recipes are delicious and easy to follow.  this is now a cookbook for people to want dinner in twenty minutes, but is excellent for those of us willing to devote an hour to the task.
I am a dedicated Instant Pot user, so I was excited to get a copy of this cookbook. With a husband from Spain and a love of Italian food, I am very familiar with some Mediterranean cooking, but less so with other parts of the region, so I appreciate the history of food in the region provided in the introductory chapter of this book. There is also a list of suggested food items and accessories to stock in your kitchen in order to capture more authentic flavors. The author also thoroughly explains how to use a pressure cooker and an air fryer, so it is perfect for anyone not familiar with these types of cooking methods.

Some of my favorite recipes were the Pumpkin & Lentil Soup with Dukkah, the French Lentil Salad with Walnuts & Feta (so easy to prep and it makes a wonderful lunch), the Corn, Tomato, & Zucchini Pashtida (Israeli Crustless Quiche), and the Vegetable & Chickpea Tagine with Pickled Raisins.. With a family member who doesn't eat meat, I appreciated the author including options to make a dish vegetarian..

This cookbook is filled with delicious recipes that are easy to make, so it's a win-win.
A lively little cookbook for fans of both Mediterranean and Instant Pot cuisine. Paster, a lawyer-turned-food-blogger, is an enthusiast of the region. She gives a good outline of just what "Mediterranean" entails--it's not just Greece and Spain! Recipes are accessible, efficient, and tasty.