Cover Image: Olive Oh Gets Creative

Olive Oh Gets Creative

I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am always looking for Asian representations in children's books to introduce to my daughter, this book hits the spot. I am glad this story talks about modern day Asian's life in America, rather than play to the traditional super- strict Asian parents. I like how Olive eats Asian food at home and uses Korean pronouns, especially the part about Banana Milk (I love those ).

My daughter liked the artwork at the end of each chapter, she wishes there were more illustrations because the artwork was so cute, only in black and white and red.
A really cute picture book about an Korean American third grader, whose artistic mind faces a block when her class announces an art show. Loved the story. Read it in one sitting. However, the eARC's format was all over the place. I had to make the margins the thinnest and the font the smallest to put all the word and the pictures into the page properly. Gave me a headache having to read it while squirting my eyes.

Thank you, NetGalley and Jolly Fish Press, for providing me with an eARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
I am always on the lookout for great early chapter books for my elementary students. Olive Oh Gets Creative is one that I cannot wait to add to my library. When I am looking for early chapter books for my students, I want strong characters and clear plot. This is essential for my struggling and beginning readers. Olive Oh has both of these qualities. On top of that, it has great illustrations to help aid comprehension for readers!
Bittersweet.

I love the multicultural representation. I love how the story used the original Korean words to address the other characters in the family.

Such a good book for beginners.

The perfect book to make the school goers start reading fiction.

Love the illustrations.

All the good vibes.

Thank you, author and the publisher, for the advance reading copy.
This is a sweet little book. It doesn't have a complicated plot, but it's interesting enough to keep reading to the end. It's not hard to read, and the family picture presented is soothing and realistic.
Thank you Netgalley for providing me a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

Great storyline and really beautiful illustrations that showed some of the best parts of the story

(Book will be published on 1Sep 2021)
Thank you so much to Jolly Fish Press and Netgalley for the earc to read and review.

This book was utterly adorable, I loved Olive she was the sweetest little girl, with a big personality and a really creative mind. She always has some sort of creative art planned and leaves a mess in her wake. I really enjoyed this story.

When Olives’ school is planning an art show she’s the most excited but then as her friends share what they are doing she becomes defeated and doesn’t think she’s talented or able to create anything as good as them. I loved that her family all helped her feel better and helped her to figure out what she really can do.

It was such a sweet story with a great diverse family, great storyline and really beautiful illustrations that showed some of the best parts of the story in each chapter. This is really a really easy and quick read, perfect for a child that’s starting out with chapter books, Olive is a great lead and it’s a really fun book.