Cover Image: Mint Condition Murder

Mint Condition Murder

This was a fun, cosy murder mystery.

The plot line was a little bit obvious but overall a fun read. This is in a series however you don't need to have read the ones  before to get a good understanding of the plot and characters. I could have had more of the personal storyline as the main characters family is fun.

Thank you to netgalley for providing me with an arc.
Found Treasure!
I loved Mint Condition Murder because it is one of the few cozy mysteries in which the protagonist, Molly, is a happily married woman and mother. It is also evident that the author, Ellery Adam’s, has done significant research into the world of antiques and collectibles. Her knowledge definitely enhances the story. Molly once again stumbles across a dead body-a woman opening an antique store in Molly’s bucolic Vermont town. That gruesome discovery leads Molly to find a tin of rare antique coins in a secret compartment of an antique desk. The historical significance of the coins, is fascinating plus it plays a role in the investigation as to who killed the antiques dealer - who was harboring many secrets.  A great, fun read.  #mintconditionmurder #netgalley
Mint Condition Murder is an entertaining and well written cozy mystery .  Great plot and character dynamics.  Mystery fans will love this book.
Ellery Adams is an auto-buy author for me. It doesn't matter what it may be I will pick up her books and recommend them to everyone that I come in contact with. And to have a series that is about book about bookish items is brilliant!
I received this ARC via Netgalley and Beyond The Page Publishing, in return for an honest review. This is the 9th book in this series and can be read as a stand-alone.  Molly Appleby writes for a popular magazine, Collector’s Weekly, focusing on antique stores and their owners.  Living in New England with her doctor husband and young son, Molly is especially close to her mom and stepfather.  Molly’s mom, Clara, raised her as a single mother when Molly’s dad left immediately after her birth.  In this story, Molly and her mom are driving to a new antique shop when two unexpected things happen.  First, Molly’s mom announces that Molly’s dad is in the area and wants to connect with her.  Second, their arrival at the shop has them finding a murdered proprietor!   Luckily, Molly has a long history with the local police force when she investigates.
There are things about this book I enjoyed very much and one thing that I didn’t.  The characters are well written; it’s a solid and enjoyable cozy; the reasons for the murder fit well and I’d enjoy reading more in this series.  My only hesitation recommendation is that there is no explanation for why Molly is allowed such leniency and access to police information.  She’s not a crime reporter or affiliated with the police department, yet they allow her access to cold case files, etc.  Why?  I’m sure the other books set the backstory for this, but this is one thing that needed to be clarified for believability to this book to make it at the tops.
Molly Appleby is a New England reporter for an antique collector's magazine. But when she finds her next interview subject dead, she's once again plunged into a whodunit. Now, solving a murder mystery is enough of a challenge, but she's about to be hit with the reappearance of the dad that abandoned her and her mom when Molly was still a newborn. And then, a long-cold unsolved case starts to weave its way into the mystery. Complicated? You bet. Heaps of suspects? Absolutely. Family drama? Loads of it!

I found the story's convoluted path led to to a satisfying conclusion. And I have to give a special round of applause for the classic ending scenario. I won't give it away, but it's one of those tropes that should be executed perfectly or not at all. I found it done to perfection—much like all the yummy food, especially baked goods, enjoyed by the characters.

My thanks to authors Ellery Adams and Parker Riggs, NetGalley, and Beyond the Page Publishing for allowing me to read a digital advance review copy of this book. This review is my honest and unbiased opinion.
Molly Appleby is a character you will love immediately. Molly and her mom discover a murdered lady Molly was suppose to interview. Love the series very well written.

#MintConditionMurder #NetGalley
9th book in this series

We are back with Molly who is getting ready to write another story for her magazine, but that’s easy said than done. The woman she was supposed to interview is as dead as the story.

Molly can’t leave the investigation to the police, as always she needs to help find the killer, but what she finds instead will turn her life upside down.

This was a great addition to the series, I can’t wait for Molly’s next adventure.  If you like a fun enjoyable read this book  is for you!!
This is a great series and the characters bring the story alive. However it’s a series that you don’t need to start from the beginning. There is spots where you may get bored but it’s good enough to keep you interested. Having characters that are relatable is what makes you want more. Look forward to the next book in the series
I love all Ellery Adams' books but the Antiques and Collectibles Mystery series is a sentimental favorite because it was the series that introduced me to Ellery Adams.  Molly Appleby and her mother are traveling to a new antique shop to interview the owner who has moved from Boston to open a store in Vermont.  Unfortunately, Molly doesn't get her interview because she finds the woman's body.  Old coins, vintage jewelry and murder lead Molly into another investigation with Detective Lombardi.  This series is wonderfully written with characters the reader can't wait to learn more about, good and bad.  The mystery always keeps me guessing  I always enjoy each new installment and eagerly await the next book.  I highly recommend Mind Condition Murder and the whole Antiques and Collectible mystery series to all mystery lovers.
Molly Applegate goes to interview Charlotte, an antique dealer who has opened a new store in Vermont. Instead of getting an interview, Molly and her mother find Charlotte dead.
The unraveling of this mystery was very interesting. Molly had to travel into the past to find the motives for what happened in the present day. Along the way she helps to solve a cold case.
This is book 9 in the series. I haven't read the previous books but I was able to read this as a standalone with the backstory that is given as the book progresses. Some of the events mentioned may inspire me to read previous books.
Molly is an engaging character. She is lucky to have a police detective who is willing to take her ideas and theories seriously. I like all the supporting characters in the book as well.
If you like antiques and mysteries, this will be a fun read.
Mint Condition Murder by Ellery Adams and Parker Riggs is the 9th book in the Antiques and Collectibles Mysteries series. This is a great author collaboration and it works well with this interesting series centered around antiques and murder.  Thank you to the author, the publisher and to Net Galley for the opportunity.

Molly Appleby writes for a magazine called Collector's Weekly which is about antique stores and antique deals. She lives in New England with her own family and near her Mother and Stepfather of whom she is close to. Of late most of  her articles are about murders of antique dealers. So many murders have occurred that Molly is concerned.  Molly is a savvy investigator who does not hesitate to get involved where murder is concerned. She and her mother go to a new antique store for the newest interview . They walk in on a dead owner who had just been murdered. While they wait outside for the police her Mother confesses her long lost Father is back in her life and wants to know his daughter. The family secret reveled and another murder has Molly busy piecing together not only her own life but the red herrings of the murder.

I enjoy this series . The charcters all add depth to the central plot and the sleuth was very well crafted. A enjoyable cozy and I look forward to the next in series.
Mint Condition Murder by Ellery Adams and Parker Riggs is a great installment to the Antiques & Collectibles Mysteries series. I enjoy reading these books because I am transported away for a brief time and am immersed in a solid mystery with interesting characters.
This was such an enjoyable read! It wasn’t hard to get caught up, even though I’d never read any of the previous books in the series. The characters were all pretty well rounded, even the suspects, and the mysteries (one led to another) were well done with a good amount of clues if you were trying to figure it out yourself.
I had my suspicions on who did it. But I had no idea why or how, so that made for an enjoyable read. I liked the characters and their relationships.

Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for my eARC in exchange for an honest review.
Mint Condition Murder by Ellery Adams and Parker Riggs is book #9 in the Antiques & Collectibles  Mysteries.  It can be read as a stand alone.
Molly, the protaganist, has an interview scheduled with the owner of newly opened antique store. Unfortunately, she finds the owner murdered, her head bashed in. When antique coins and a pistol is found in a hidden compartment in an antique desk, Molly dives into the investigation. Throw in Molly's father wanting to meet her after abandoning her and her mother when she was a baby. Molly has her hands full.
This well written Cozy has many twists keeping you guessing to the end. The main characters are relatable and likeable, as are most of  the secondary characters. There is family, friendship, and romance. I love that Molly is married and has a child.
You will not want to put this book down.
I was given an ARC by Beyond the Page Publishing via NetGalley for an honest review.
Hard to find a cozy that I don't enjoy and Ellery Adams is a master. In this one, the ninth in a series, Ellery Adams joined again by Parker Riggs, the world of antiquities aren't safe! Sit back and enjoy another tale that has twists and turns for all to enjoy.
Thank you Netgalley for the advance reader copy of Mint Condition Murder by Ellery Adams and Parker Riggs in exchange for an honest review. Molly Appleby is a senior staff writer for Collector's Weekly. Molly and her mother drive to an antique store to interview a lady, and find her dead. Then, out of the blue, her dad wants to see her. She hasn't seen him since she was 8 days old.
This was another fantastic book by Ellery Adams and Parker Riggs. I have read several of her series and added more to my to be read pile. These are such fun books I can read in a day or two.
Mint Condition Murder by Ellery Adams and Parker Riggs is the newest in a series, Antiques and Collectibles Mysteries, book nine. It centers around Molly Appleby who is a report for a magazine called Collector's Weekly wherein she focuses on antique stores and antique deals. Unfortunately, may of her articles are about murders of antique dealers. The readers eat it up. Molly lives New England with her husband and her toddler son, was well as her mother and her stepfather. She and her mother were driving to a new antique store for the newest interview and the normally sunny Clara was definitely in a mood. Denying it multiple times did not put Molly's mind at ease, nor did the fact that the closed sign showed in the door and the place was silent when they entered. It wasn't too long before they discovered the body of the owner, lying in a puddle of blood. Great, another murder. As Molly and Clara sat on the porch after the police had arrived, Clara finally broke her silence and confessed that not only had she been in touch with Molly's father (who had left them when Molly was eight days old) but that she had been regularly, keeping him updated on Molly and her life, including photos, for all these years. Now he wanted to meet Molly. Molly was outraged.

This is such a fun series. It has the most endearing characters: Molly and her mother, for beginners. They have the ideal mother/daughter relationship. Molly's husband, Matt, is a doctor and a darling, always with Molly's best interests at heart and always sensible and kind. They had a nanny for their son, Tyler: Starling, Matt's niece. She lived above the garage and had been seeing Tony Lombardi, Molly's friend and the police detective with whom she worked. That relationship had folded because of Lombardi's fear of commitment. Molly had been saddened by this, as they were perfect together. As are all cozies, this one is definitely character driven, and the new character is Nathan, Molly's long lost father. The reader has a ringside seat for their reunion. The mystery reaches into the past for its origins and, as always, antiques for clues. It was a clever story and well as kind of heart breaking. I recommend this endearing series.

I was invited to read a free e-ARC of Mint Condition Murder by Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. #netgalley #mintconditionmurder
Rare coins, blackmail, and greed are motivation for murder in this well-written mystery. Molly is a likable heroine, loyal and determined. She also struggles when deciding whether or not to let an absent father reenter her life. Some of the best passages involve her interactions with her 2 year old son, which are a nice balance to the grittier elements of solving the murder. Thanks to #NetGalley and #MintConditionMurder for an advanced digital copy.