Cover Image: The Cosy Cottage in Ireland

The Cosy Cottage in Ireland

This is another truly wonderful read from the fantastic Julie Caplin.
This is the 8th book in the ‘Romantic Escapes’ series but they can easily be read as a standalone.  Each book in the series focuses on a truly beautiful destination so choose where you fancy and enjoy!  I’m just hoping that this isn’t the last as I can see this series going on forever!

So, I now want to go to Ireland!  Julie’s writing is a breathe of fresh air, her descriptions of Ireland made it so easy for me to picture and she brings to life such relatable fun characters.  I throughly enjoyed this from start to finish.

Workaholic lawyer Hannah wants to shake things up in her life and decides to book herself a place at a cookery school in Ireland.  Barely settled she meets Conor, a handsome stranger although Conor doesn’t stay just a handsome stranger when she arrives for her first day!  Expect lots of food (honestly I wanted to eat the whole time I was reading), a fun romance of ‘will they won’t they’ and the beginnings of some wonderful new friendships.

This book is full to the brim with such loveliness.  It’s humorous, heartwarming, it’s a little saucy at times too.  Overall this is escapism at its very best and I recommend you all to get this book and escape off to beautiful Ireland!  Although don’t go taking Conor.. his all mine! Ha!

All there is left to say is ‘Julie.. where are you taking us next?!’

A big thank you to Rachels Random Resources for arranging the blog tour also to Netgalley and One More Chapter for the ARC which I received in exchange of an honest review.
This book is like a warm hug. The idyllic setting, the palpable tension, the HEA and quite frankly, there’s just something about the warmth of the Irish that always gets me. I really enjoyed that I could easily relate to Hannah, her insecurities of “guys like him would never date a girl like me” so it hits a little close to home but overall, a fun story, with a strong Female MC, gorgeous yet grumpy and troubled male MC and a wonderful HEA. The perfect cozy season read💙
The Cosy Cottage in Ireland is an enchanting book about stepping out of your comfort zone opening yourself up to new experiences.  The descriptions of Ireland are magical and make you wish you were there.
Hannah is a lawyer who never takes time off from work and cannot cook. After an intercompany baking competition she decides to take a leap of faith and take a sabbatical from work to enroll in Killorgally cookery school thinking it was a beginners course.
After landing in Ireland she meets Conor and has a one night stand thinking she would never see him again, fate had other ideas.
Having already read and loved The Little Swiss Ski Chalet, I knew I was going to love The Cosy Cottage in Ireland just as much, and I was right! The story follows main character Hannah, who is a lawyer in Manchester and a workaholic. Deciding she needs some time away from work for a bit, Hannah enrols herself on the world-renowned Killorgally Cookery School in Ireland. Deciding to take a few extra days exploring Dublin before she heads to County Kerry for the start of her cookery course. This is where Hannah meets the handsome and charming Conor, and falling for his Irish charm, Hannah spends the night with Conor.

The following morning, Hannah leaves Dublin and heads to Kerry for the start of her cookery course. Meeting the other people enrolled on the course, the usually very confident Hannah begins to feel nervous and out of her comfort zone. You see, Hannah has a secret – she cant cook at all, and for perfectionist Hannah it is something she is very embarrassed about. Feeling a lot out of her comfort zone, Hannah knows the next 6 weeks are going to challenge her, in more ways than she could ever have imagined. And the very last thing Hannah expected was to come face-to-face with the deliciously handsome Conor again!

The Cosy Cottage in Ireland is such a beautifully written story. The connection and chemistry between Hannah and Conor is incredible – I didn’t want this story to end. The Cosy Cottage in Ireland leaves you with that warm, feel-good feeling, packed full of romance, humour, a beautiful location in Ireland and some of the dreamiest food imaginable – an absolute must-read.
I always love travelling with Julie and her characters, so I was so excited to be on the tour for The Cosy Cottage in Ireland.  Apart from the gorgeous covers, the characters, food and settings usually provide the perfect escape, and this outing certainly did not disappoint.
Hannah takes leave from her high powered, stressful job as a lawyer and books herself in for a cookery course at the Killorgally in Ireland to overcome the one thing she has never been able to do in her life.  On arrival in Ireland, she hooks uncharacteristically hooks up with Connor believing it to be a one-off encounter.  So what happens when he turns up on her cookery course?
I loved the setting of Ireland – I’ve only had a brief visit to Belfast before and I’d love to see other places in Ireland although after reading this, I feel as though I know a lot more about it.  The descriptions of the foods were delightful and I could almost taste each morsel
I can completely identify with Hannah – I cannot cook and I hate it but it’s something I just cannot seem to master.  I love the idea of upping and leaving to a cosy cottage in a new place and learning how to cook amazing food whilst experience a new place and making new friends.
I adored the romantic plot of will they, won’t they? but also the camaraderie and banter between the others in the cookery school.  I love books where the main character goes on a journey of self-discovery and builds a little community of support around themselves and Cosy Cottage hits the spot on this aspect.
This is a gorgeous armchair travel book full of romance, escapism and friendship and I cannot recommend it enough.
In  the book we follow the lawyer Hannah Campbell on her way to finally do some change in her work life in Manchester. On a whim, she booked herself a cooking course at the Killorgally Cookery School in County Kerry in Ireland. In Dublin she meets a handsome Conor, not expecting it to last longer than just one night stand. But what happens when she meets him at the Cookery School?

I didn’t read any previous books with the main character but I’ve quickly come to love her. She represents all that a lot of people are currently; overworked and living a past faced life without fully enjoying it. When was the last time any of us have taken the walk in the nature? Or fed chickens? Or just did something that we truly enjoy? It rarely happens! This book shows us that it is okay to do just that and sometimes put ourselves in the first place instead of our job.

And the romance?! It was for sure slow burn but I’ve enjoyed it. And I was glad that it wasn’t only about the romance but also kept me on my toes here and there. It had really nice mix of the characters which meant that the book wasn’t bland.

If you need something to read under the blanket while it rains outside, pick up this book. It is really perfect for the autumnal weather and it is quite a quick read. If you’ve read any Julie’s books before, you won’t be disappointed
What can I say. I liked this book. Must read. Do it. If you do anything else. Read this book today. Great read and enjoyable.
This was a very cute, easy read romance, with all the usual misunderstandings  and miscommunications.  The lead character, Hannah is very likeable, though we never fully find out why she decides to go on a 6 week sabbatical to go on a cooking course and how she can afford this, or why her employer decides this is perfectly ok.  Conor is delicious, though I thought he came across as a bit arrogant at times and this marred my enjoyment of the book slightly.

There are a couple of saucy moments in this, so if you prefer your romance on the more chaste side then this might not be for you!

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a copy of this book, this is my unpaid review.

3.5
A delightful story of love and cooking. I enjoyed curling up on the sofa to read this gentle book. Very enjoyable.
5 Word Review: Food, Ireland, cooking, expectations, love.

Warning, this book will make you hungry.

Read The Cosy Cottage in Ireland by Julie Caplin after a good meal, relax with a glass of wine by the fire.

I loved Hannah. I loved how she was pushing herself out of her comfort zone, it reminded me of me when I was trying to find myself. And just like me, Hannah got herself into some errr... Situations. It was excellent. She changes so much between the pages as she embarks on her culinary journey.

Conor is arrogant and cynical but he has reason to be. He's a complicated man who is trying to escape the spotlight, and he's quick and harsh to judge others. As unfair as I thought his treatment of Hannah was after Dublin, I wholly understood it. This book doesn't rely on the misunderstanding trope, rather it plays with the characters omitting certain details, and I thought it felt really fresh.

The first meeting between Hannah and Conor gave me such a giggle, and I loved how they came together. After that I loved the battle of wills between them, the sneers and glares and growls. And the tentative olive branch, the slow understanding? Perfection.

I loved the scenery, how Hannah saw the world around her. I loved that she would pull on her walking boots and get out there, and that I could go with her. Her voice as a character was so expressive, it was easy to feel how she felt.

The writing is gorgeous and evocative. As much as I could feel the settings come alive around me, I could almost taste the food and wine and smell the fresh air. This was like a holiday in a book, an escape to another country.

I'll definitely be checking out more of the Romantic Escapes series.
Thanks Netgalley and the Publisher.   I really enjoy this authors books and always make me smile,   this was no exception,   great storyline, great characters.   Would recommend.
Thank you Netgalley for this ARC for an exchange of an honest review.

Lovely story that I really enjoyed.
5☆ A Feel-good, Uplifting Romance!

Hannah has decided to take a very unexpected sabbatical from her high pressure job as a lawyer.
Completely out of character for her she decides to take a trip to Ireland and whilst there, enroll on a cookery course at the Killorgally cookery school for six weeks.
In all of her successes the one thing Hannah can't do is cook, and it's become a shameful secret.

But then she meets the devilishly handsome Conor, the chemistry between them is exciting, I mean it's completely out of character for Hannah to flirt with a stranger let alone kiss one so suddenly.
After all she won't be seeing the mysterious Conor again, as she heads off to the cooking course the next day.... or has fate got other ideas for the
pair 😏

I loved every minute of this book!
Firstly the location, Ireland is on my bucket list so any time I get to read about Ireland I fall in love with it even more! And Caplin has created the perfect settings.
Secondly the Cooking! I adore baking and cooking....and this couldn't come at a better time now bake off is on. The food is absolutely scrumptious, but be warned don't read this on an empty tummy!!

The Cosy Cottage in Ireland is a Feel-good, Cosy Romance, that had witty humour, a brilliant cast of characters, and a cookery school I would love to visit! So snuggle up, and prepare to be whisked away to Ireland.
A delightful atmospheric love story set in Ireland at a cooking school. The romance was great and I felt transported into Hannah's world. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for letting me review this book.
I love reading books by this author and I couldn't wait to pick up my copy and enjoy my trip to the Emerald Isle.

Another wonderful story filled with a host of lovely and very varied characters. We meet Hannah almost straight away and she reveals how she is a stickler for playing it safe and hated to deviate from the routine she has set herself. When she decided to take a sabbatical to attend the cookery course this out of character decision then set off a chain reaction of Hannah feeling like she had a split personality.

I loved the exploration of Dublin with its vivid descriptions and the contrast when compared to Killorgally where the cookery course is held nestled in the countryside.

A story full of love and romance and the importance of family, that just makes you want to curl up on an autumn day with a hot chocolate at keep reading.
The Cosy Cottage in Ireland is the eighth novel in the Romantic Escapes series. I was first introduced to this series through the previous novel, The Little Swiss Ski Chalet, and absolutely adored it. When the opportunity came to read this novel, I jumped at the chance and it definitely did not disappoint. This story follows a lawyer named Hannah from Manchester who decides to partake in a multi-week prestigious cooking course at Killorgally Cookery School in County Kerry.

Hannah’s Irish adventure begins in Dublin where she stays before taking off for the cooking course. Right away this novel took me back to Ireland as I lived there a few years ago. It was fun to play tourist along with Hannah as she discovers all the delights that the country has to offer. As this is a romance, Hannah meets Conor while in Dublin. The two of them hit it off right away and Hannah goes into it thinking it will be a one-night stand. Of course, it ends up with Conor also being present at the school, which means the two of them to need to continue to interact. Their situation and chemistry create a nice slow-burn romance as they work to try and find a way to make an actual relationship work.

In addition to the romance, which was very well done and sweet, Hannah’s time at the school is well-described. The farm setting was idyllic and the author describes it well to make the reader feel like they are there with the characters. As Hannah is at the school with five other guests, there are fun interactions between them. As the setting is a cooking school, there are plenty of descriptions of food and the characters making their own delicious creations. Together with some fun weekend adventures, such as kayaking, everything in the story worked very well together.

Overall, this series continues to live up to its name as each novel has been filled with a lovely romantic story in a location that I would easily love to escape to all around the world. This novel was a nice read that I did not want to put down as I ended up reading it in a single sitting. The characters are not only relatable, but they are realistic, so they seem to be ones that could be your friends in real life. The Irish countryside setting was amazing and made me want to sign-up for a similar course ASAP! As I still need to read the rest of the series, I will easily pick them up, and any new additions, in the near future!

**I give a special thank you to Rachel @rararesources,, the publisher, and the author for the opportunity to participate with this enjoyable novel via Netgalley. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.**
Hannah is a lawyer but can't cook so decides to book herself onto a residential cookery course in Ireland in the hopes she will be able to learn.
While stopping in Dublin before she starts the course she rescues Conor from the clutches of a woman who won't take no for an answer. They get on so well they end up spending the night together before Hannah who never does things like that sneaks off in the morning thinking they will never see each other again
Fast forward to the start of the cookery course and who does she bump into but Conor, its his mum who runs the course. Conor thinks she only slept with him as he was famous and that she wanted fame when in actual fact Hannah didnt have a clue who he was. Both pretend that the night the spent together meant nothing but find out they can't keep away from each other
A brilliant book, loved all the characters on the course
A story of food, friends, and a captivating Irish community, The Cosy Cottage in Ireland was a lovely escape.
This was a romantic love story about a non-romantic heroine and a man who continues to misunderstand her due to his own complicated past.

Hannah and Conor had chemistry together from the first meeting and it kept up throughout each moment they shared...Even when they both tried to deny it.

Its clear from almost the beginning that both of these characters have a lot of personal growth that needs to happen and that trusting each other would prove to be difficult.

Julie Caplin wove a story that was ripe with funny and charming moments that left me wishing I could visit the Killorgally Cookery School.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to read and review this great book! My review will be live, at the link given, on October 8, 2021.
Dublin is brought to life in an atmospheric and visual way in the first few pages of this story. Hannah and Conor's first meeting is full of humour and simmering passion. When this becomes something more, it seems like a natural progression even though it is out of character for Hannah.

There's a well-described rural setting for the cookery school, with an eclectic mix of course attendees reminiscent of Bake-Off. that add variety with their believable dynamic. The romance has obvious chemistry but is conflicted as Conor has secrets, Hannah is so attracted to him, but she doesn't want to be just another conquest. The story even has an intriguing mystery.

Gentle romance, humour and vibrant characters make this an engaging, romantic escape.

I received a copy of this book from One More Chapter via NetGalley in return for an honest review.
A lovely book. I’ve never been to Ireland but have read quite a few books about it and would love to visit.  Well done on a good book.