Cover Image: The Cosy Cottage in Ireland

The Cosy Cottage in Ireland

Another fun installment in the 'Romantic Escapes' series. The beginning sees Hannah trying something new - staying in a hotel on her way to a cookery course, she kisses a stranger (Connor) to help him avoid unwanted attention. This is completely out of character for Hannah, who is a lawyer and usually carefully evaluates everything. A couple of days later she bumps into him again at the course, only to discover it is being held on his family's farm and run by his mother! The usual romantic ups and downs that I have come to expect from this series follow, with a couple of unexpected twists.

A light-hearted and enjoyable read, great for a day relaxing at the beach or for a cosy afternoon in front of the fire.
I really enjoyed this book. It draws you right in. The descriptions make you feel like you are right there in Ireland. The romance between Conor and Hannah had me on the edge of my seat. Will they or won't they. And on top of all this there is a mystery to solve.
The Cosy Cottage in Ireland, a novel by Julie Caplin, is  cozy romance set in Ireland with a bit of a mystery mixed in.  The setting is beautifully described and the characters are engaging. I wasn't familiar with Julie Capland's writing before, but will definitely look into more novels by this author.
This is my second book from Julie Caplin and it did not disappoint. What I love about her books is how they transport you to another place. They are lighter reads that always let me escape. The covers are some of my favorites!

This one takes place in Ireland, at a cooking school retreat. It was a good love story, not all rainbows & unicorns. I’m looking forward to reading my next Julie Caplin novel.

Thank you Netgalley and One More Chapter books for an advanced reader copy to enjoy for review.
What a lovely book this was. I would recommend it to all readers who like a slow, cosy story. Hannah is a very relatable character and I loved the setting of this story.
I had hoped it would be a little bit funnier, sometimes I was tempted to speed read, because big chunks of the text felt a little unnecessary, like the author wanted to fill the book with extra words.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This is the fourth Julie Caplin novel I've read, and it was pretty wonderful.
I loved the characters, the setting, and of course the descriptions of the food.
The plot was well thought out, and the development of the relationship was fun to witness.
I don't really have anything I'd change about the novel.
If you want a lovely relaxing read, where you get to watch a fun love story unfold in a beautiful location, this is the book to read.
This book was an absolute delight. Funny and sexy and charming, it made me want to run away to Ireland for sure. I really fell in love with Hannah as a character, something about her really spoke to me, her love of safety and predictability versus her increasing desire to live her life to the fullest, risks and all. And of course I obviously fell in love love Connor because I think it would probably be impossible not to...

This was a perfect gorgeous romance
When I started this book, I didn't realize it was a part of a series.  But, don't worry if you haven't read any of the other books by this author.  You certainly won't be lost, and you will still have the opportunity to fall in love with Killorgally, Hannah, and Conor.  But-Warning-you will be left wanting to read all of Julie Caplin's other works!

I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for honest and unbiased opinion.
Julie does it again! The story line is just so fun and endearing. I love the Byrnes family and I enjoyed the cooking aspect and the nod to Mina from time to time.
This is a lovely, heartwarming romantic story about a woman called Hannah who travels to Ireland and meets a man called Conor, who she gets close to.  After she meets him, she then goes on to travel to a cookery school, where she is enrolled for a cookery course.  Hannah has fun here, although she also gets a big surprise, which she is shocked about.

I really loved this book, which really drew me in, as I felt like I was on an adventure with Hannah, and it was just what I needed.  It gave me warm, happy, cosy feelings and a lot of joy, as I travelled along her journey with her, and opened my heart with her.

Many thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
What a delight, to be reacquainted with old friends, in sisters Hannah and Mina and a fantastic treat to be given the opportunity to follow Hannah’s story and to get to know her a bit better this time.

I admired Hannah, as someone who didn’t/couldn’t cook – giving up her job, to attend a culinary school in Ireland for 6 weeks. Actually, I either admired her, or was astonished by this uncharacteristic move, in that those who can’t cook tend not to want to cook, and most certainly don’t enjoy cooking. This could turn out to be a VERY long 6 week period of time for Hannah and she could become desperate for the help of her more culinarily inclined Sister, Mina.

Hannah has a bit of an ’incident’ in the hotel where she is staying one evening, but not to worry – its not as though she’ll ever see the guy again?

As you can no doubt tell, I warmed to Hannah, as I had done with her Sister in a previous book. These two young women have turned a tricky childhood into a modern day grown up success story. As I read though, I was having doubts about Hannah – more precisely I was worrying about what has driven her to give up her job and come to Ireland for a cookery course, when she has never, to my knowledge, shown any kind of leaning towards doing that. I felt there was an element of mystery as to how Hannah had ended up in Ireland; hopefully we will get some answers. She does mention ’wanting to butt out if real life’. I do love a bit of intrigue though and it has no doubt added to my enjoyment of this book.

I loved the way that Connor and Hannah interacted with each other. There was tangible chemistry between the pair. A prime example was when they ate out together. It was almost as though they were performing a sexy dance like an Argentine tango together, such were their movements and the way they communicated; each obviously hiding something; both giving out just enough information about themself, but obviously guarded and taking care not to relay too much information. Again I found myself increasingly consumed by this pair and their stories and desperate to get to the bottom of what was going on. The whole story was becoming, in the words of the great Lewis Caroll ’Curiouser and curiouser’ and I was struggling to put the book down.

Picture the scene. A non cook on a 6 week gourmet cookery course, comes face to face with the guy that she has just had a one night stand with (NB not only a one night stand, but a following morning sneak out of shame to boot) when he turns out to be the Son of the cookery school owner). Its uncertain as to whom is most shocked, since neither was particularly open or honest about why they were in Ireland. Still that is surely such a far fetched idea that would never happen……or would it? In so far as Conor is concerned, there is certainly more to him than meets the eye.

Conor came across to me as a likeable, amiable chap, although as I’ve implied, we don’t have a clear picture of his past or present. He had a tendency to be prickly and defensive – but why? Has he been hurt in the past, or is there some kind of dark secret that is making him like he is?

Fate brings the pair closer together – although it seems that they protest a little too much!

This beguiling read had me oozing with questions. I really wanted to know what was going on with Conor and his past and I was intrigued by his oddly behaved neighbour Moss Murphy. What on earth was he up to? As for Hannah, what was the real story behind her coming to Ireland? How will she cope with the new temporary living arrangements? Will she be able to keep her hands off Conor? Will Hannah actually learn to be able to / to love cooking? Will Hannah put her experience of boundary law to use? And last but not least, who, of Conor and Hannah, is the biggest fat eejit?

To find out these answers and more, you will need to read this marvellous book for yourself.

This is a beautiful, eloquent story about unrequited love and love at first sight, that left me enchanted and desperately wanting more.
I haven't read any books by Julie Caplin before, but there was just something about this book that I wanted to read, and I'm glad I did. The book is set at a cookery school in Ireland when culinarily challenged lawyer Hannah Campbell took a break from her crazy life in Manchester on the urging of her sister, and took off for Ireland, not knowing just how much her life is about to change with a glass of red wine and meeting of a man named Conor.

You cannot help but like Hannah, from the first moment she walked back into her boutique hotel, her character just comes across the pages as one of the sweetest and bright people with who you would be friends. She continues to show her warmth all through the book, and while I cannot get on board with her desire to have chickens, I completely understand falling in love with the beauty of Co Kerry.

I found the book well written, with enjoyable characters and a good plotline, that regardless if you have not read any of the other books in this series (like me), you can follow along with no issues and come away with that warm and fuzzy feeling.
Thank you Netgalley, One More Chapter and Julie Caplin for a gifted copy in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this story!!! First of all, I LOVE stories about anyone who cooks, stories that centre around food or just anything food related and this one definitely fit that bill!

I really enjoyed that Hannah was doing something that made her step outside of her comfort zone. Past events had resulted in her being cautious, not taking any risks, and just living the usual hum-drum life. Well what a choice she made! She really stepped out, really fell into her true self, and my does she shine!

Conor is a fun lead male. He is a bit on the grumpy side (which I love), has a big heart, but underneath is uncertain. He is a great character in this story and, like Hannah, is full of surprises!!!

Can we just take a minute to speak about the shining lady that is Ireland? This story has instilled even further my desire to visit the land of green. A true character in itself, Caplin captures the surroundings in this story very well and makes it come alive!

This story is fun, funny, will make you hungry, will make you look at your food differently, and will also make you question your life. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED hahaha. I HIGHLY recommend it!!!
This was just the sweet feel good read I needed. I want to go to Ireland right now.

I loved the baking aspect. I wanted to eat everything and watch Great British Bake Off.

Conor reeeeallly rubbed me the wrong way with all his assumptions. Like I know he was burned before, but communication is needed in a relationship and he wouldn’t EVER let Hannah explain herself.

Overall, I really liked this one and I need to look into the first books of the Romantic Escape series!
This was ADORABLE and has everything that I want in a book: cozy cottage setting, gorgeous food descriptions, sexy main leads, strong and realistic heroines, and was just such a wonderful book! I really enjoyed reading it and I think it is the absolute perfect book to cuddle up with this fall season! Brew yourself a cup of tea, snuggle under a blanket with your cat, and devour this cute book!
I’m a sucker for “cosy” -  put the word in a book title and to be perfectly honest, I’m almost 100% sure I’d read “The Cosy Christmas Hairball” about Snowball the cat and his many wintry adventures in the snow.

You might think from my opening statement above that I didn’t like this book. But that would be wrong. I adored it - this story was super cute, super fun, and, yes, super cosy.

While this part of a series, it reads perfectly as a standalone. I read this over a weekend, snuggled on the couch, sipping tea, while my husband and teens watched a movie and had a wonderful time reading. Looking forward to reading more of this author.

Thanks to Harper Collins UK / One More Chapter and NetGalley for an eARC of this title. Opinions shared are influenced by nothing other than my reading experience.
When Hannah Campbell needs a break from her hectic life as a lawyer, she decides to take a break--and head to Ireland for six weeks to attend a cooking school. But sparks fly the first night when she meets the charming Conor in this delightful romance.

I'm a huge fan of Julie Caplin's covers--they're pretty and eye catching--but I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't read one yet. I'm so glad I finally did! The Cosy Cottage in Ireland was full of charm and was just like taking a much needed mini vacation. This was a quick read and utterly delightful and I'm absolutely looking forward to more.

Thank you to HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter and NetGalley for providing this copy in exchange for a review.
I wasn't sure about this book at first but ended up liking it very much. Love the food and scenery descriptions as well as the romance.
This novel certainly conjures up the beautiful scenery of Ireland, so lush and green.The whole setting is filled with warmth and friendliness- well apart from one quarter! Hannah is an interesting character. So capable in her working life, she is stepping out of her comfort zone to try to bring her cooking skills up to scratch. She likes to be in control, the one with all the answers. During her stay at Killorgally, she has the time to reevaluate what she wants for her future.

The characters who we meet are a varied bunch and so well drawn. They all add something to the story. At the heart of the book is the developing friendship between Hannah and Conor. Conor has been badly hurt in the past and all his defences are up. Though so different, they are good foils for each other and from the start, the chemistry is there. The opening chapter certainly gets your attention and shows you a side of Hannah's character which you would not otherwise see.
Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the book

In short: a warm, uplifting romance
The Cosy Cottage in Ireland by Julie Caplin
Publication Date: September 29, 2021 - Out Today!
Thank you to @rachelsrandomresources @juliecaplin @onemorechapter for the digital ARC and for inviting me to their book tour in return for my honest review.
My thoughts…
So cosy. This is a stand-alone, closed-door romcom book in the Romantic Escapes series. I’ve read The Little Teashop in Tokyo from the same series and enjoyed it. I liked this better though. Being set in the Emerald Isle (Ireland), reading about food and cooking made it extra charming for me. I enjoyed the setting, the characters and Hannah’s story. I’d like to read more about all the characters from this book, and what was the “swear jar” total?! A perfect autumn cosy read.