Cover Image: The Cosy Cottage in Ireland

The Cosy Cottage in Ireland

I love this series of books by Julie Caplin and I am pleased that this book didn’t disappoint. When Hannah needs a break from her mundane life in Manchester she decides that a cookery course in beautiful Ireland is the answer. When she falls for a beautiful stranger they try to find a way forward. A totally likeable story set in a beautiful place. This book is just what everyone needs.
It’s always such a pleasure to read one of Julie’s gorgeous books, and this one was not an exception. Straight away I was gripped by the story, Hannah was an interesting character and I loved her introduction to Conor!
The setting was beautifully written, I really want to go visit Ireland, just on the back of the stunning descriptions in this amazing book!
It’s a brilliant storyline that kept me intrigued and entranced throughout ❤️
I really enjoyed this sweet book set in Ireland at a cookery school. Another winner from Julie Caplin. I enjoyed one of her books that was set in  Switzerland and loved it, so, I was thrilled when I was approved this one. I’ve only read two chapters of hers but will be looking out for more when I can. My thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book in return for an honest review.
Hannah Campbell is a workaholic lawyer in Manchester. Ever since her sister Mina moved to Switzerland, she’s found her social life has diminished and all she seems to do is eat, sleep and work. Deciding she needs a challenge she books a place on a prestigious six week cooking course in County Kerry run by the famous Adrienne Byrne. She starts off her trip in Dublin with a chance encounter with handsome stranger Conor. But when she arrives at her final destination, it seems what happened in Dublin doesn’t quite stay in Dublin. This is certainly going to be six weeks Hannah won’t forget in a hurry. I enjoyed this book and felt there was a great blend of characters. The novel flowed well and it kept me entrained throughout. Thank you to NetGalley, One More Chapter and the author for the chance to review.
A cosy cottage, with some good food, a good looking man, who also happens to be a famous chef. A lawyer who provides cover, a cookery course, good food, drink, Ireland, and a troublesome neighbour. All the setting needed for a good read, in an armchair with some drink to hand.
I loved this, humour, romance, food, drink and sex all to hand.
A really cosy read in one sitting book set in Ireland, beautifully described making you feel you are really there. A perfect book to read in autumn with just the right amount of romance. Totally recommend. Thank you netgalley
Julie Caplin has a talent for describing places so well you want to shoot off there and explore for yourself.  There is so much in this book that I loved, Hannah a successful, workaholic lawyer comes to a point in her life where she wants to step out of her comfort zone so she enrols on a cookery course in Ireland.  The cookery school attendees are a mixed and likeable bunch who add enormously to the story. Hannah loves the cottage she gets to stay in and starts to compare Ireland and it’s beauty to her bland existence in Manchester.  Hannah and Connor are attracted to one another but Connor is quick to jump to the wrong conclusions, which puts the relationship in jeopardy.

With a cosy cottage, a dolphin, a party and traditional Irish pubs I was hooked and enjoyed every page.
This was such a lovely romantic story which I read in one sitting! The romance blossoms between Hannah and Conor and of course you have the beautiful Irish countryside as the backdrop. Reading this reminds me of visiting Dublin and all his gorgeous places! Definitely a feel good book to read. Can’t wait for the next one by this author.
The clue is in the name, this is such a cosy read, totally adorable and I read it in one sitting. I loved everything about it, the setting, the characters, the story, the writing, the front cover, everything. I loved it
A book to properly sink your teeth into during autumn. That perfect in-between seasons book for September / October. I loved the Irish setting and the idea for the cookery retreat - I also can’t cook for toffee so I’d definitely do what Hannah did and enrol on an all inclusive cooking holiday if I could afford it (and if a 6 week long residential course existed!).

The characters were all incredibly likeable, I was really pleased that the book wasn’t ‘just’ a romance and had a bit of mystery to it… and best of all I found the humour genuinely amusing. I loved fliss’ and Jason’s characters and would love to read a further book about her inheritance / life after the cookery school. It made me want to visit Dublin and also spend a night in an Irish pub with friends.

This book feels ‘genuine’ - a collection of experiences of the author almost. I loved it.
The cosy cottage in Ireland was my first book I read by this author and now I want to try to read her other books.

It was very nice to visit Ireland again via fiction. I have been there in person but fiction makes trips there a lot cheaper. I liked the characters and the romance.

This was a four star rating. Thank you Netgalley and publishers for allowing me the chance to read and review.
My favourite book of 2021!

I have read evert book that Julie Caplin has published, and The Cosy Cottage in Ireland is joint top with The Little Café in Copenhagen.

There are few authors that have inspired me to change my mindset/lifestyle (read the Copenhagen book to see why) but Julie Caplin’s writing just clicks with me. I was thrilled to hear that she was writing the eighth book in the Romantic Escape series in Ireland, not only do I have family there, but I fell in love with the country and its people as child (full disclosure, my father is Irish LOL)

Hannah’s story starts off in Dublin, like many who travel to the Emerald Isle, but after an intimate encounter with a stranger, Hannah travels onto her true destination, County Kerry, and the cookery school of the famed Adrienne Byrne family.

Together with a group of misfits, Hannah is tested in many ways, not just cooking, but letting go of the need to be perfect, having fun, living, and loving.

Hannah’s nerve and patience is most definitely tested when looking down the barrel of a shot gun, swimming with “sharks” and when dealing with Adrienne’s surly, attractive, and hot and cold son.

This is a story, not just of friendships, love, and cooking, but also one of self-discovery, one of the keep ingredients of Julie Caplin’s work.

My thanks, as always, to @JulieCaplin @OneMoreChapter and @Netgalley for allowing me to read and review the 5-star rated #TheCosyCottageInIreland
I was already looking forward to reading this book and had pre-ordered a copy, so was delighted to receive an early preview from the publishers in exchange for an honest review.

This forms part of a (loose) series, but can be read as a standalone with no problems whatsoever. It follows a tried-and-tested formula, which guarantees a comfortable reading experience and the fun is seeing how the characters navigate their surroundings. There is an element of romance and a big dose of travel, both of which make for fantastic escapism. I also enjoyed the addition of a cookery class, which made for extra-cosy reading!
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  It was beautifully written and each character was someone I wanted to meet.  I was completely ensconced in the Killorgally cookery school and the interactions with the school attendees and the family.  I loved as the story of Conor and Hannah unfolded he really met his match there.  The description of the scenery and the sighting of the dolphin was both exciting and a little scary at the same time.  I felt  myself whisked away to the Irish countryside and beaches as well as the farm.  Although i never wanted it to end I couldn't put it down.  Brilliant.
Will she be England-Hannah or Ireland-Hannah?  That's our protagonist's foremost question, and one that a random hookup may help to solve.  There's a little bit of mystery and a whole lot of romance amid the varied cast of characters.  (I'd love to see a second book featuring Jason and Fliss in the future.)  Packed with foodie tidbits and vivid descriptions of the Emerald Isle, this book will make you want to immediately book a trip to Ireland!
Novels that are set in Ireland have really grown on me and I now find them captivating and enjoyable.. This one was a real pleasure to read and I can't wait for more. I recommend you read this and enjoy it as I have done. 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and publisher for this eARC
Thanks to the author and Netgalley for the e-arc

4.5⭐

This is such a cute and cosy read and it's set in Ireland so naturally I loved this book! The author wrote so beautifully that I felt like I was literally there experiencing it all (if only it was true). I love Hannah and Conor's chemistry and how Hannah was always knocking Conor down a peg or two. Highly recommend this rom-com!
HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter Thank You for providing me with a copy of this amazing new story!
NetGalley Thank you for the opportunity!
And the amazing Author Thank You for writing this great story!

Even though this is book.eight and I just started this out of the blue. I honestly don't feel like I was lost in the story jumping right into book eight!

The Cosy Cottage in Ireland by Julie Caplin was a delight to read!
I was immediately drawn into the comfortable and warm scenes of the first pages.
A lovely feel good book, packed with fun and adventure.
I really liked the story and would read another book by this author.
The writing style was fascinating and held my attention throughout it all!

Talented lawyer  Hannah Campbell is looking for a change from her workaholic life!
So she books a place at at the Killorgally Cookery School in Dublin.
Her first night there she can't help but feel drawn and feel a strong connection to Conor a handsome stranger.
Will Hannah find herself and love in the next six weeks while in the beautiful city of Dublin?!

I've got to get my hands on the first seven books! Believe I have found my new binge worthy series!

Thanks again NetGalley, Publisher and Author for the chance to read and review this amazing book!
I'll post to my Social media platforms closer to pub date!
I’ve enjoyed many of Julie Caplin’s previous books, so it was an obvious choice to pick up The Cosy Cottage in Ireland.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was full of gentle humour, and relaxing to read. I liked Hannah, she was a very relatable and lovable character. Conor was not so likeable, he had the tendency to assume the worst and not let them explain, as well as being rather too pleased with himself. However, he grew on me as the book went on.

The ending was excellent, funny, and it finished things off perfectly.

Overall, this was a fun and romantic escape. I enjoyed it.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.
Hannah needs a change - so much so that she books a 12 week (that's a long time!) cooking course in Ireland.  A one night stand - or what she thought would be a one night stand- turns out to be so much more for both of them.  Connor not only helps his mom with her cooking school, he's famous in his own right.  The back and forth between these two is delightful, the setting fun, and the story zips along.  Thanks to netgalley for the ARC.  A fun  read.