Cover Image: The Cosy Cottage in Ireland

The Cosy Cottage in Ireland

I loved this book!  This whole series is very enjoyable.  It's easy to read this book as a standalone but I would definitely recommend reading the other books as they're great.

I've recently watched the episode of Somebody Feed Phil where he travels to Ireland and the Ballymaloe Cookery School.  That's what I was picturing in my mind while reading this book.

Can't wait for further books in this series!  I really hope Izzy gets the next one!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from HarperCollins UK through NetGalley.  Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.  Thank you, HarperCollins UK!
#Blogtour reviewer

Full review to follow but I enjoyed this book. I quickly realised that Hannah was the sister of Mina from The Little Swiss Ski Chalet, a book I enjoyed reading last year.

Hannah is changing her life - she is travelling away from her home and job to learn how to cook, rather than concentrating on her work.

Enjoyed the story, a virtual visit to Ireland. The food sounded amazing and there are plenty of new relationships, some more than just friends
Well done Julie you have only gone and done it again your books are simply fantastic and so gripping and with this book I felt I was drawn in to the characters and the country to and the lovely countryside so well written and full of romance and making new friends and changing your life for the better.  Worth far more than five stars and didn’t want it to end as so brilliant.
Hannah is a lawyer and needs to change something in her life and for a change she decides to book herself on to a 12 week cookery course with a famous cook family in Ireland.  She heads over to Ireland and on the first night in a hotel she ends up sleeping with Connor not knowing who he is but she thinks it’s a one night stand.  She wakes up and travels to the beautiful village where her cookery course is and she starts making new friends but when the son of the person running the course turns up it’s only Connor who she slept with and can she manage to resist him again or not.  Can she learn to cook as well or not and will she get to help others along the way and will she head home or change her life forever.
An outstanding read.
This is another cosy read from Julie Caplin, this time featuring the very capable Lawyer Hannah who is very frustrated that one thing she cannot do is cook and hates feeling as though she’s failing in that part of her life. Hannah decides to take a cookery course in Ireland amongst a brilliant varied bunch of characters (I’m hoping Izzy will get her own story as I’d love to see how her life develop) and hosted by a renowned Irish cookery family, I loved Hannah’s independence and frustration at her cooking attempts but also how the escape gave her chance to think about her life, the teens on the course added a great balance even if one needed a never ending supply of one euro coins for the swear jar! The story is gentle, very character based and as warm-hearted as you’d expect, this is another great book in the romantic escapes series.
A cozy read to snuggle up with for sure. The setting and characters worked well here. Hannah moved from a wet dishrag/doormat to more of an independent character which was nice. Would have liked to have seen her stop referring to Mina so much. The meet cute was both cut and steamy!
This book was sent to me on Kindle by Netgalley for review.  I love the Irish setting and the Irish names.  There is a mystery to solve...characters who are different and fun...the protagonist is making life changing decisions.  The cooking school aspect is unique and adds to the story.  I can’t wait to read more by this author.
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an early review copy.

This book had me hooked from the beginning. The setting of this story was beautiful, the characters each had their stories.

The main character Hannah, has avoided taking risks unlike her sister from the previous book Mina. Now, she makes a decision which is so unlike her. She’s on her way to a world-famous culinary school, stopping on route to break up the journey. In a hotel, she meets a charming stranger, this is the start of ups and downs for her as she has no idea of who he is, which becomes clear later.
So out of her comfort zone, when she reaches the school unlike the others there, as the course progresses.  As she gets to know the others, Hannah starts to realise that maybe she needs to make changes in her life and maybe that change can be Ireland.
Conor, the guy she meets, led a life that some can only dream of having, and now has left it behind. He’s now assisting his Mum in the culinary school, which he prefers as well as creating dream cottages on their land. Afraid of getting close to people as in the past he’s been used by them for their own needs and  he’s never going to let it happen again.
Between Hannah and Conor, the attraction is evident. But Conor is adamant nothing can happen between them. So, when they have to work together, will they be able to put differences aside?

You could relate to Hannah with what she felt as well as the other characters.

Love this series and hope there’s more to come. Highly Recommend It.
The book I’ve been waiting months for and it did not disappoint!

Hannah, a lawyer from Manchester, takes a sabbatical to attend a cooking course in Ireland. She wants a change after doing the same thing forever and she doesn’t know how to cook! While on her way there she has a chance encounter with Conor in Dublin, while trying to hide him from a girl who he clearly wants to get away from.

Hannah is sister of Mina from another book in the series but you don’t really need to have read it as all of these books work together as standalone books as well as the series.

I loved, loved, loved Hannah and Conor from the second they met. Hannah is sensible and not really a risk taker but being away from home and on a bit of an adventure does something to her. Conor just happened to be in the right place at the right time and well, sparks flew between them.

These two characters have so much chemistry and I couldn’t get enough of the playful, fun flirting between the two. Their personalities were great and I honestly sat and smiled throughout pretty much the whole book. Each character also has a lot that you want more of, Hannah especially. I loved seeing such a strong female character and how she handled certain situations.

This book also has a whole host of secondary characters that I couldn’t get enough of. I hope we get to see some of them in other books from Julie Caplin.

The Cosy Cottage in Ireland was definitely worth waiting for and I couldn’t put it down after I’d started reading.
A wonderfully warm and charming story with good food, a beautiful Irish setting and friendly characters. I loved getting to know Hannah and really identified with her from the very beginning - unwilling the break out of her comfort zone the two sides of her character were brilliant to see unfold. The cottage sounded idyllic and I’d have loved to stay and walk along that beautiful beach. As always Julie Caplin has written a beautifully romantic story and this one simply whisks you away from it all.
WOW, I absolutely loved this book and just couldn't read it quickly enough. Beautifully described locations in Ireland, some wonderful sounding food and drink and some totally charming characters. This story will most definitely leave you with that warm fuzzy feeling that only a well written romantic story can. I heartily recommend reading this book.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to read this ARC! Loved this book! I nearly read it in a whole sitting. Can’t wait fir more!
Set sail for an Irish holiday by cozying up on the couch with Julie Caplin's latest escape read. Caplin pens novels that capture the essence of the country and the colorful characters that reside there.

Due to her fractured upbringing, Hannah Campbell' secured a steadfast career and rarely ventured outside her comfort zone. Shocking friends and family, she takes a sabbatical from work to learn how to cook at the Killorgally Cookery School.

Travel along with Hannah to take part in her Dublin and County Kerry adventures. With any luck, her leap of faith will unlock a brighter future.

Thank you to #NetGalley and the publisher for the early edition in exchange for an honest review. I look forward to Caplin's romantic escape reads. Brilliantly researched, readers armchair travel along with the characters.. No suitcase is required, just settle back and let the lush landscape and accents transport you to the Emerald Isle.
Immediately drawn in to the comfortable and warm setting of the first paragraph and The perfect meet cute. From
The beginning I was intrigued to see where the story would go (although I could hazard a guess!)

The descriptions of Ireland at the beginning (during her journey) were wonderful and I could imagine I was right there in that car with her.

I loved reading about all of the characters that she meets, all so vivid and distinct. Getting to know them all was a pure delight.

I felt like I could really connect with Hannah and how she was feeling, the story was very relatable and nothing was too far a stretch for my poor imagination.

This book has made me want to drop everything and go to a cookery school in Ireland and that’s really saying something as I hate cooking.

The added jeopardy towards the end of The book really bought it all together for me and then that ending sewed the deal resulting in a huge 5/5 stars!
An utterly charming and cosy read for this autumn. Julie Caplin is whisking readers away to the Emerald Isle with a story of romance, following your heart, taking chances and getting out of your comfort zone. The eighth book in this ‘Romantic Escapes’ series is set in beautiful Ireland, closer to home but still had me aching to get on a plane! If you haven’t come across this series the books are written as standalones, although connected through characters to previous books. I would implore you to read the rest of the series though, some of my favourite locations, characters and mouthwatering descriptions of food and drink you’ll read!
The Cosy Cottage in Ireland had me hooked from the first page, and I read in one glorious sitting. I loved the setting, the characters, and the story. Hannah is the sister of a character from the last book, she has been risk averse all her life and we meet her taking a leap of faith and doing something very out of character. Before heading to a world-famous culinary school, she meets a handsome, charming stranger and that meeting is the start of a whirlwind of ups and downs for her. Hannah is out of her comfort zone in so many ways, but as the weeks progress and as relationships with her fellow students develop, she starts to feel like her life is need of change and that perhaps Ireland holds the key.
Conor has given up a life others could only dream about, supporting his Mum with the culinary school is enough and creating dream cottages on their land is fuelling his creativity. He worries about getting close to people, he has been used by most people in his past and he is determined it will never happen again.
The chemistry and attraction between these two characters just cannot be denied, jumping off the page. They compliment each other perfectly, even when they don’t realise it themselves. Hannah is the most unromantic heroine and Conor is quick to jump to the wrong conclusion. When they need to work together, can they put differences aside?
LOVE LOVE LOVE. I was charmed by the descriptions of Ireland but the descriptions of the food, wow. I enjoyed the cast of characters, the humour (seriously couldn’t we have had a grand total of that swear jar ha!) and the heart that comes through the authors writing.
I have an idea where we may end up next, or at least some time in the future and I cannot wait. That being said, I hope we get to hear about a few of these characters again… (Please!!!!)
Perfect for cosying up and devouring in one go!
With grateful thanks to netgalley for an early copy in return for an honest opinion.
Having read a lot of the other books by this author, I was delighted  to read this early.
What a fabulous  heartwarming  book its a total delight  to read them total escapism  at its best, i can highly recommend this book ❤