Cover Image: The Cosy Cottage in Ireland

The Cosy Cottage in Ireland

What can I say. I liked this book. Must read. Do it. If you do anything else. Read this book today. Great read and enjoyable.
This was a very cute, easy read romance, with all the usual misunderstandings  and miscommunications.  The lead character, Hannah is very likeable, though we never fully find out why she decides to go on a 6 week sabbatical to go on a cooking course and how she can afford this, or why her employer decides this is perfectly ok.  Conor is delicious, though I thought he came across as a bit arrogant at times and this marred my enjoyment of the book slightly.

There are a couple of saucy moments in this, so if you prefer your romance on the more chaste side then this might not be for you!

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a copy of this book, this is my unpaid review.

3.5
A delightful story of love and cooking. I enjoyed curling up on the sofa to read this gentle book. Very enjoyable.
5 Word Review: Food, Ireland, cooking, expectations, love.

Warning, this book will make you hungry.

Read The Cosy Cottage in Ireland by Julie Caplin after a good meal, relax with a glass of wine by the fire.

I loved Hannah. I loved how she was pushing herself out of her comfort zone, it reminded me of me when I was trying to find myself. And just like me, Hannah got herself into some errr... Situations. It was excellent. She changes so much between the pages as she embarks on her culinary journey.

Conor is arrogant and cynical but he has reason to be. He's a complicated man who is trying to escape the spotlight, and he's quick and harsh to judge others. As unfair as I thought his treatment of Hannah was after Dublin, I wholly understood it. This book doesn't rely on the misunderstanding trope, rather it plays with the characters omitting certain details, and I thought it felt really fresh.

The first meeting between Hannah and Conor gave me such a giggle, and I loved how they came together. After that I loved the battle of wills between them, the sneers and glares and growls. And the tentative olive branch, the slow understanding? Perfection.

I loved the scenery, how Hannah saw the world around her. I loved that she would pull on her walking boots and get out there, and that I could go with her. Her voice as a character was so expressive, it was easy to feel how she felt.

The writing is gorgeous and evocative. As much as I could feel the settings come alive around me, I could almost taste the food and wine and smell the fresh air. This was like a holiday in a book, an escape to another country.

I'll definitely be checking out more of the Romantic Escapes series.
Thanks Netgalley and the Publisher.   I really enjoy this authors books and always make me smile,   this was no exception,   great storyline, great characters.   Would recommend.
Thank you Netgalley for this ARC for an exchange of an honest review.

Lovely story that I really enjoyed.
5☆ A Feel-good, Uplifting Romance!

Hannah has decided to take a very unexpected sabbatical from her high pressure job as a lawyer.
Completely out of character for her she decides to take a trip to Ireland and whilst there, enroll on a cookery course at the Killorgally cookery school for six weeks.
In all of her successes the one thing Hannah can't do is cook, and it's become a shameful secret.

But then she meets the devilishly handsome Conor, the chemistry between them is exciting, I mean it's completely out of character for Hannah to flirt with a stranger let alone kiss one so suddenly.
After all she won't be seeing the mysterious Conor again, as she heads off to the cooking course the next day.... or has fate got other ideas for the
pair 😏

I loved every minute of this book!
Firstly the location, Ireland is on my bucket list so any time I get to read about Ireland I fall in love with it even more! And Caplin has created the perfect settings.
Secondly the Cooking! I adore baking and cooking....and this couldn't come at a better time now bake off is on. The food is absolutely scrumptious, but be warned don't read this on an empty tummy!!

The Cosy Cottage in Ireland is a Feel-good, Cosy Romance, that had witty humour, a brilliant cast of characters, and a cookery school I would love to visit! So snuggle up, and prepare to be whisked away to Ireland.
A delightful atmospheric love story set in Ireland at a cooking school. The romance was great and I felt transported into Hannah's world. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for letting me review this book.
I love reading books by this author and I couldn't wait to pick up my copy and enjoy my trip to the Emerald Isle.

Another wonderful story filled with a host of lovely and very varied characters. We meet Hannah almost straight away and she reveals how she is a stickler for playing it safe and hated to deviate from the routine she has set herself. When she decided to take a sabbatical to attend the cookery course this out of character decision then set off a chain reaction of Hannah feeling like she had a split personality.

I loved the exploration of Dublin with its vivid descriptions and the contrast when compared to Killorgally where the cookery course is held nestled in the countryside.

A story full of love and romance and the importance of family, that just makes you want to curl up on an autumn day with a hot chocolate at keep reading.
The Cosy Cottage in Ireland is the eighth novel in the Romantic Escapes series. I was first introduced to this series through the previous novel, The Little Swiss Ski Chalet, and absolutely adored it. When the opportunity came to read this novel, I jumped at the chance and it definitely did not disappoint. This story follows a lawyer named Hannah from Manchester who decides to partake in a multi-week prestigious cooking course at Killorgally Cookery School in County Kerry.

Hannah’s Irish adventure begins in Dublin where she stays before taking off for the cooking course. Right away this novel took me back to Ireland as I lived there a few years ago. It was fun to play tourist along with Hannah as she discovers all the delights that the country has to offer. As this is a romance, Hannah meets Conor while in Dublin. The two of them hit it off right away and Hannah goes into it thinking it will be a one-night stand. Of course, it ends up with Conor also being present at the school, which means the two of them to need to continue to interact. Their situation and chemistry create a nice slow-burn romance as they work to try and find a way to make an actual relationship work.

In addition to the romance, which was very well done and sweet, Hannah’s time at the school is well-described. The farm setting was idyllic and the author describes it well to make the reader feel like they are there with the characters. As Hannah is at the school with five other guests, there are fun interactions between them. As the setting is a cooking school, there are plenty of descriptions of food and the characters making their own delicious creations. Together with some fun weekend adventures, such as kayaking, everything in the story worked very well together.

Overall, this series continues to live up to its name as each novel has been filled with a lovely romantic story in a location that I would easily love to escape to all around the world. This novel was a nice read that I did not want to put down as I ended up reading it in a single sitting. The characters are not only relatable, but they are realistic, so they seem to be ones that could be your friends in real life. The Irish countryside setting was amazing and made me want to sign-up for a similar course ASAP! As I still need to read the rest of the series, I will easily pick them up, and any new additions, in the near future!

**I give a special thank you to Rachel @rararesources,, the publisher, and the author for the opportunity to participate with this enjoyable novel via Netgalley. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.**
Hannah is a lawyer but can't cook so decides to book herself onto a residential cookery course in Ireland in the hopes she will be able to learn.
While stopping in Dublin before she starts the course she rescues Conor from the clutches of a woman who won't take no for an answer. They get on so well they end up spending the night together before Hannah who never does things like that sneaks off in the morning thinking they will never see each other again
Fast forward to the start of the cookery course and who does she bump into but Conor, its his mum who runs the course. Conor thinks she only slept with him as he was famous and that she wanted fame when in actual fact Hannah didnt have a clue who he was. Both pretend that the night the spent together meant nothing but find out they can't keep away from each other
A brilliant book, loved all the characters on the course
A story of food, friends, and a captivating Irish community, The Cosy Cottage in Ireland was a lovely escape.
This was a romantic love story about a non-romantic heroine and a man who continues to misunderstand her due to his own complicated past.

Hannah and Conor had chemistry together from the first meeting and it kept up throughout each moment they shared...Even when they both tried to deny it.

Its clear from almost the beginning that both of these characters have a lot of personal growth that needs to happen and that trusting each other would prove to be difficult.

Julie Caplin wove a story that was ripe with funny and charming moments that left me wishing I could visit the Killorgally Cookery School.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to read and review this great book! My review will be live, at the link given, on October 8, 2021.
Dublin is brought to life in an atmospheric and visual way in the first few pages of this story. Hannah and Conor's first meeting is full of humour and simmering passion. When this becomes something more, it seems like a natural progression even though it is out of character for Hannah.

There's a well-described rural setting for the cookery school, with an eclectic mix of course attendees reminiscent of Bake-Off. that add variety with their believable dynamic. The romance has obvious chemistry but is conflicted as Conor has secrets, Hannah is so attracted to him, but she doesn't want to be just another conquest. The story even has an intriguing mystery.

Gentle romance, humour and vibrant characters make this an engaging, romantic escape.

I received a copy of this book from One More Chapter via NetGalley in return for an honest review.
A lovely book. I’ve never been to Ireland but have read quite a few books about it and would love to visit.  Well done on a good book.
What a heartwarming, feel good, cozy romance!
Loved everything about The Cosy Cottage in Ireland.  From the loveable characters to the beautifully descriptions of Ireland……truly a lovely read I highly recommend.
Though part of a series, the Romantic Escapes can certainly be read as standalone reads.
I need to pick up the first books in the series as soon as possible!
Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read this book for my honest opinion.  All opinions expressed are my own.
Julie Caplin is my go-to for romantic escape.  Her books build plots that transport you and fully immerse you in the setting, bringing the story to life in a beautiful and mesmerizing manner.  This book is no such exception.  The characters are charming and real, the setting is delightful and captivating and the story in itself is sure to warm your heart so that you are invested along with the characters.  All of her books are a must read for me and I cannot wait to see this in the hands of many!
Julie Caplin has that magical touch to transport you to beautiful settings. I love these escape series.

I am yet to read them all but slowing getting there.

I love the characters and Julie's descriptions really bring the book to life and make you feel like you are there.

Highly recommended
Hannah (whom we briefly met in Caplin’s last novel ‘The Little Swiss Ski Chalet’) is a no-nonsense, risk averse, straight-talking kind of girl both in her work as a lawyer and in life itself. So why then has she taken a six-week sabbatical from her job and travelled to Ireland where she is enrolled on a cookery course. This is completely out with her comfort zone and more in line with something her sister Mina would do.

On arriving in Ireland, she is booked into a hotel in Dublin before the drive down to the cookery school. There she has ‘an encounter’ with a brooding Irishman (totally not a Hannah thing to do) and sneaks out of his room the next morning believing she will never see him again. Imagine her surprise when he turns out to be the son of the lady running the cookery school and somewhat of a celebrity. He doesn’t believe that Hannah doesn’t know who he is and thinks she is just another fan trying to worm their way in.

While I enjoyed the book, I wasn’t quite as taken with it as I was with others in the Romantic Escapes series. However that being said I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for an advanced read copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
First off, thank you for letting me review this book! I really enjoyed the story and the characters of this book! The storyline kept me reading until I finished! I loved the characters and how well everyone connected
This book is number 8 in the Romantic Escapes y be read as a stand-alone with no problems.
The Cosy Cottage In Ireland is a wonderful, heartwarming story set around two main characters, Hannah and Connor and also some very entertaining supporting characters, which I also loved.
The authors style of writing draws you in right from the beginning and the descriptions of Ireland were perfect - I could almost imagine being there!
I loved being immersed in Hannah’s life and it was a gorgeous, warm, wonderful romantic read