Cover Image: Live No Lies

Live No Lies

This is one of the best books I have ever read in my entire life. I love the way that John Mark weaves biblical truth in with secular opinion to emphasize the broken human condition and the hope of the Gospel and the saving work of God in our lives. This is one of the most easy to read and yet deep, encouraging, and practical books about fighting the flesh, enemy, and world that I've ever read and I highly encourage all believers to read.
So many great challenges to those who want to make a difference in this world. Comer quotes so many authors, which made me keep a list of new books to read! Writing from his world view in Portland, Comer is able to exhort the reader to rethink what and why they believe. He includes so many references and has action steps to take. You cannot read this one without it challenging your thinking on social issues, politics, heaven, religion, and so much more. Full of scripture and a reminder to me of what I had forgotten or chosen not to live on from Scripture. This is such a perfect book for NOW! This is a great book for any believer to read today! I noticed on Amazon this morning 9/28, there were only 3 copies available. This is a keeper and will be a classic for showing how this generation of believers changed the political and social landscape today and influenced the masses for Christ!
John Mark continues to be a steady voice of wisdom in my life! This book was both encouraging and challenging. One I will want to read over again and again.
JOhn Mark Cromer has an innate ability to curate and  simplify complex content. I was astounded to see that there were hundreds of footnotes in this book! And yet, he was able to synthesize that information into an approachable style. He made what could easily be a dense and collegiate topic one that is easily accessible and applicable to people’s lives today.

The book does read as “mini sermons” in the chapters. I love Cromer’s sermons, so this was not a problem for me. The thesis is sound, the content is applicable, and the writing is good. I would recommend this book to others.
John Mark Comer has written another poignant book for our cultural moment. Bringing clarity to the 3 enemies of the soul: the world, the flesh and the devil. I appreciate that instead of just railing against the enemies and letting us know they exist. Comer advances the idea that spiritual practices are how we do battle with the enemies of the soul.

This is a book for our time and will be a must have for your book shelf that is taken out often and dog eared, highlighted and tattered. It is a spiritual warfare book for our time.
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Comer describes how contemporary Christians are in a battle that has not changed since the start of Christianity. Modern Christians may shy away from the battle and war language used against the flesh,world, and devil but Comer describes it in a way that   is clear and appropriate. This is a great soul searching book to explore how contemporary Christians can be more active and alert in their faith.
Live No Lies
A well-written book about telling the truth and why we need to do so. Often, we hear lies that sound so much like the truth, that we accept them as truth.
Fantastic book and very relevant for all Christians!  In it, John Mark Comer looks at the temptations that come into our lives from the world, the flesh and the devil.  He explores the devil's tactics in each of these areas, provides helpful examples of what these look like in real life today, and offers suggestions of practices to help us stand against the enemy.
It is an excellent book - very thought-provoking, but easy to read and very practical.
I am a big fan of John Mark Comer as a speaker.  This book was well researched and on topic for today's world.  Unfortunately, it was too wordy and even though I love research and new information, I found myself just wanting to get through some of the chapters.  I believe the topic was great and inspiring to live.  It needed to be said in fewer words and with a few less studies.
This is secretly a book on fighting demons, and I love John Mark for writing this book in such an approachable way for those of us unsure about how evil plays a role in our lives and how to battle it. I highly recommend this book for anyone who struggles with intrusive thoughts—not because they’re of the devil, but because the tools John Mark gives in this book are excellent ways to destroy thought patterns that are destructive to flourishing!
This book was extremely helpful and had so much good content. Comer has a very conversational tone or if you watch or listen to any of his material, you will find his writing tone to be very similar. The ideas given regarding the world, the flesh, and the devil are on point. He is also very practical and gives guidance for all. It is also very well researched and you get a whole list of next reads from all of the footnotes. I recommend for anyone looking to take steps forward in understanding and growth.
John Mark Comer’s latest book is an excellent read about the world, the flesh, and the devil. There’s great insights presented in an engaging writing style. It is similar thematically to other Comer books.

Definitely recommend it for fans of John Mark Comer, or anyone interested in faith and spirituality.
John Mark Comer is one of my favorite authors, speakers, and leaders so I was beyond excited for this copy of his new book. This one, while seemingly a departure from his previous book, did not disappoint. Comer walks the reader through the three enemies that sabotage our peace, the world, the flesh, and the devil. His attention to walking through these with a different lens on the concept of spiritual warfare helps combat some of the complacency that it is tempting to bring to dealing with issues of the spiritual realm.
I loved this book. JMC has an amazing way of communicating more in-depth theology and faith ideas in a way that is easy to understand and practical.

While the content in the book wasn't as groundbreaking as some of his other books, in my opinion, it was an excellent refresher of the real enemies we face every single day.

A must read for every apprentice of Jesus!
"When we believe truth—that is, ideas that correspond to reality—we show up to reality in such a way that we flourish and thrive. We show up to our bodies, to our sexuality, to our interpersonal relationships, and, above all, to God himself in a way that is congruent with the Creator’s wisdom and good intentions for his creation."

I started this book skeptically, holding it at arms length. But John Mark Comer writes in the most winsome way you can, when "the devil, the flesh, and the world," are the topics of discussion.

I never thought a book like this would captivate me so entirely, but Comer has been gifted with a remarkable way of holding compassion and truth in the same hand.

This is a book to keep on the same shelf as Nancy Percey. A book that helps you examine your worldview and how those thoughts shape your life. Not only that, but he provides tools to navigate and help break unhelpful patterns in our thought process.

I'm repeatedly surprised by how thoughtfully, thoughtprovokingly, and precisely Comer writes. His words somehow speak to my heart, as they hopefully will, yours.
Loved this book.  I really enjoyed John Mark Comer's take on the "3 ancient enemies of the soul" and felt his spiritual practices were very helpful.

I've given my full review on video, which you can find here: https://youtu.be/okURnFP3WBg
I’ve read a lot of Christian living books, but I don’t think I’ve ever read one as life changing as this one. I’ve been deconstructing my faith for awhile and recently turned the corner into rebuilding a faith that is genuine. This book has been a handbook for me as I walk that journey. The theology in these pages is solid and counter cultural. It’s made me confident in my beliefs. John Mark is arguably my favorite contemporary pastor because he talks about Christianity in a way that feels real. He talks about following Jesus in solid terms and doesn’t shy away from calling sin, sin. I love the way that he talks about “the way of Jesus” and what it means to be a true disciple. The format of this book helps clearly convey his message, the sections are clearly labeled and memorable. There are practical tools contained within these pages and thought provoking questions. I just finished it, but I plan to reread it immediately. Absolutely worth every cent, plus some. If you’re looking to be challenged and encouraged, this book is for you.
This is Comer’s best book by far! So well researched and yet written from the heart of a pastor. It’s clear that this book is the overflow of a life lived for Christ. Definitely a must-read for any believer. Will defiantly be re-reading!
John Mark Comer, bestselling author of The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry, writes about the three enemies of the soul: the devil, the flesh, and the world. Diving into each one, he shares that we aren't just telling lies... we're living them.

This spiritual formation book is very different in topic and tone from The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry. Readers who expect more of the same will be disappointed or frustrated, likely saying this book is heavier or darker. That it is. It's more of a call to wake-up call to examine yourself/your heart than a book with practical take-aways for your schedule/life.
I really enjoyed John Mark Comer’s newest book, Live No Lies! He writes with wisdom and insight in a relatable, down-to-earth way. The way he broke down and expounded on the common Christian phrase “the world, the flesh, and the devil” opened my eyes to the insidious spiritual warfare we face daily. He addressed issues and topics we face in our culture and political landscape without leaning more towards one political party; I thought he did a great job sticking to Biblical truth.

One of my favorite parts was the summary at the end of each section with definitions, key Scriptures, key points, and a summary of the book as a whole so far. It helps collect your thoughts and have a quick reference point to go back to. The message of this book is one I believe the church desperately needs to hear today. It’s cultural commentary, impactful theology, and practical advice. I highly recommend this book!

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.