Cover Image: Good Catch

Good Catch

The cover sums up this book perfectly in that it is a cosy, romantic read, full of warmth and sweet romance. It has that small town vibe, that reminds me of Virgin River, so that it was just like reading a Hallmark movie This enemies to lovers story will be perfect for all contemporary romance fans.
This is a good book. The two main characters are Marlo and Ben. They have know each other all their lives. They keep being thrown together in their town. Marlo works as a teacher at a gym that her parents own. Ben is a journalist and works part time at his parents bakery. Marlo wants to her parents gym by thinking of ways to improve it, and Ben helps her. They help each other through their problems and fall in live.
Good Catch is the perfect cozy fall read, with its small-town vibes, its bakery shenanigans, its sweet romance and the cast of characters feeling like a truly close-knit community.

Marlo and Ben have been enemies since kindergarden, but once they start spending time together, actually getting to know each other, letting go of old grudges and false prejudices, sparks fly and they fall for each other.

Good Catch is a very sweet slow burn closed-door romance, easy to read, cozy and atmospheric.

**Thank you to Netgalley, Montlake and Jennifer Bardsley for the e-ARC of Good Catch in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**
If you love enemies to lovers, rom-coms and chick-lit… this is the book for you. A lot of people love reading mysteries and thrillers during fall, but I prefer cozy romance novels set in small towns.

I honestly loved practically everything about this book. I loved that it had a personal meaning to Bardsley, I loved the small town vibes and all of the cozy details. The fact that Marlo was a ballet dancer is also something I liked (I used to dance ballet) and I liked that Ben was a writer. Family owned businesses and cozy bakeries are just the things I love reading about!

I read this in one day as the rain poured outside and I sat snuggled up in my blanket. Such a romantic and cozy read - just the thing I needed for a rainy fall day!
A small town romance reminiscent of Debbie Macomber. Good Catch is the second in the Harper Landing series but each book can be read as a stand alone. The two main characters from Sweet Bliss, the first book, make an appearance a couple times in the second, which makes it fun if you’ve read the first but not at all necessary.

This is an enemies to lovers, closed door romance with so much small town charm. Marlo and Ben have hated each other since elementary school, but after the each end up on some very bad dates, sparks fly between the two and past misunderstandings come to light.

There was great dyslexia representation which came from the author’s daughter’s experience. I appreciated the way she incorporated it into the story so well.
This is a sweet, clean small town romance. The story follows former ballerina Marlo and her childhood enemy Ben as circumstances force them together and they realize that they might not hate each other after all. A few of the characters are a bit over the top (Marlo’s parents and Hunter) but everyone else was charming and brought the small town to life. Harper and Ben’s issues and insecurities felt real and their transition from enemies to lovers felt natural. I loved the two of them together from beginning to end and look forward to seeing what comes next in Harper’s Landing.
This was such a great fall read. Classic enemy to lovers romance with a HEA. I loved the dynamic between the main love interests and how Ben and Marlo were able to see past their preconceived notions and find their soul mate in one another. I cannot wait for her next book.
Although Good Catch reminded me of a Hallmark movie, I had a difficult time engaging in the book. It was a little slow for my taste. Marlo and Ben were enemies and became lovers. There were a few parts that entertained me, but overall, I struggled with this book.
After loving Sweet Bliss I was excited to read the second Harper Landing book. The small-town setting creates a bit of magic in the love story and gives me all of the Hallmark Movie vibes in the best possible way. The exes were funny if not a bit over the top. This book is the perfect escape for an entertaining read.
We are back in Harper's Landing with this second installment to the Harper Landing series! This is definitely a series that can be read out of order - you'll just see characters from the first book pop up a couple of times!

This time we are following two new characters - Marlo and Ben. Once again, I really enjoy Jennifer's writing style for this book. Her descriptions and world-building are on point and her character interactions are genuine and relatable. I absolutely love small town stories, especially small town romances, so I was excited to read more about the residents of this charming town! Marlo was a sweet, honest girl slowly trying to overcome a past injury and the physical and mental toll that it took on her. Ben was a delightful gentleman - very helpful and down to earth. I thought the two of them made a very cute match!

While I did love the hilarity of seeing these two on other dates and the ripple effect of disasters that they each caused, I found a few things were sort of left as loose ends. Brittany for example, and her whole fiasco - I would have loved to heat what, if anything, happened to her afterwards. In the end, I was happy with the book and loved the feel-good vibe it brought me. Overall, this was a quick, sweet read and I can't wait to see what happens next in Harper's Landing!
Jennifer Bardsley takes readers back to Harper Landing in a sweet enemies-to-lovers romance that is both humorous and heart-warming.
Ben and Marlo aren't enemies, exactly but they aren't friends either,  She's just moved back to Harper Landing to work for her dad after an injury ended her ballet career and a rat ended her romantic hopes.  Ben, a reporter, hasn't had much luck with romance either.  The two of them bond over, of all things, the dates they get by using an app.  You know how this is going to go but you, like me, will smile at the characters and enjoy the small town atmosphere,  This is the second in a series linked by place not people (although if you read the first one ou might spot a familiar face) making it a fine standalone.  Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.  A good read.
I was so excited to get to go back to Harper Landing so soon after reading Sweet Bliss. In the second book in the series we meet Marlo and Ben, who are friends of Julia and Aaron from the first book. Good Catch actually starts at Julia and Aaron’s wedding, but we only catch glimpses of them after that.

Doesn’t this cover just make you want to grab your coziest sweater and curl up on the couch with some hot apple cider? I can’t wait for fall.

Like Sweet Bliss, this book is a Hallmark movie wrapped into a novel. I loved it! Ben and Marlo have been frenemies since kindergarten, and have always overlooked each other. It was really fun to hear the ways they had competed against each other since they were kids, and get both sides of each story.

I also really enjoyed all the bad date stories before Marlo and Ben found each other. The author certainly did a great job of describing how small this small town is, with so many love interests crossing paths. I do wish there was a little more to Ben and Marlo’s romance, which felt a little rushed once they actually started dating. Regardless, I thought they were the perfect match and loved how their romance played out.

This is definitely a romance you should add to your TBR for this fall. If you haven’t yet read Sweet Bliss, you don’t necessarily need it to enjoy Good Catch. However Sweet Bliss is completely adorable too, so I definitely recommend both!
While it is the second in the Harper Landing series, Good Catch can definitely be read as a stand-alone. I have not read Sweet Bliss, but considering how much I enjoyed this book, I am planning on going back to read the first in the series!

I love a good enemies-to-lovers story, so I was really excited to dive into Good Catch. Their experiences with online dating were really entertaining, and brought humor to the story. I enjoyed watching Ben and Marlo begin to see each other in a new light as adults, rather than how they perceived one another as childhood "enemies." The progression of their relationship once they started "dating" felt a bit unrealistic to me, but if you are someone that likes a fast-paced development of feelings, you will enjoy it.

As someone who has suffered a career-ending injury, I really related to Marlo. Her journey in finding passion in life after dance was inspiring, and provided me with hope for my own future. I also really admired Ben's love for and devotion to his career as a journalist.

I so badly wish I could take a trip to Harper Landing, the lovely small town in which Good Catch takes place. The map of the town at the beginning of the book was such a wonderful touch, and I really enjoyed being able to look back at it throughout my reading.

Definitely read Good Catch if you love any of the following: childhood enemies to lovers, slow burn, a small town romance
My honest opinion about this book,easy read but kinda boring and too slow for my taste. I feel that if given more space to the main characters it would have been more atmospheric, more insightful,the kinda story you want to feel the characters, you want to get into their world,but the mashup of the stories,and the other characters made me get lost in some chapters and i was getting carried away from the main plot. But overall a i liked the idea,i even found interesting the way everything developed, I'm sure there are people out there who will love this book.
An enjoyable easy read. If you like light fluffy romance novels you’ll love this one! Well written and with enough tension to really get you invested in their romance story. Really enjoyed this easy going romance story.
“You’ve got to be bold to get what you want.”

Marlo and Ben were childhood enemies. Fast forward to a few years later. As they both spend more time together, sparks fly and they can’t seem to get enough of each other.

I did not how much I missed Harper Landing until I read this book; It feels so good to be back in this place! Ben and Marlo’s love story is short but sweet. Individually, I love how they are both good-hearted, passionate, and humorous characters. I enjoyed reading their funny banters and their heart-to-heart conversations; it made my heart go fuzzy. The storyline, plot structure, and character growth in the story were pretty good. Although the story pacing on the first few chapters felt moderately slow, the later part made up for it.

I am glad that I got the opportunity to read both Sweet Bliss and Good Catch because they are the exact definition of hidden gems! If you are into a small town and feel-good romance, then you will surely love this book series!
ARC from Netgalley

Light, fluffy, and lively. This is definitely a Hallmark movie, but not one of the insane ones that you use to play drinking games. This is one you stumble across while hungover and feel yourself weirdly connecting to. It's clean and dorky and low stakes and low steam and fun with few unbearable moments (the emotional beats with the female lead's father did not work for me. I can't help but abhor a speech), and frankly it's cute and sugary, so if that's what you want, that's what you got here.
The slow burn!!!

This book was very slow burn and kind of enemies to lovers...ish?? The main characters were archenemies in kindergarten, I don't know if that counts but anyways. This book I think just wasn't for me, it didn't really feel like a romance as much in my opinion plus it was a bit TOO slow for my liking, but that's ok! I'm sure someone else will be able to enjoy it more than me!

Thank you to NetGalley and Montlake for the earc in return for an honest review
I enjoyed reading this book. This is the second book in the series but could be read as a standalone. It’s about Marlo and Ben who are struggling with their careers I different ways and are challenged by their parents to date someone out side if their zone. This is an enemies to lovers romance that involves a dating app which you don’t want to miss out on. I enjoyed the author’s writing for this book and thought it was amazing how she decided to write about the side characters in each book that all takes place in one city. Even though this is the second book, I felt like I was home as I knew what each place in the city was and understood the world. The pacing was well done in this book also the plot structure, storyline and characters. I also have to say that I LOVED getting information about what has happened to the first couple from book one and seeing them still be involved in the story.

I enjoyed the main characters, Marlo and Ben. This book is written from both of their povs and I enjoyed seeing how different their lives are plus how they were growing each day from it. Marlo is an injured ballerina and now works for her parents who don’t really listen to her ideas to grow their business while there is Ben who loves his journalist job but it doesn’t pay the bills. Social class plays a major role in this book which I really haven’t seen before and it shows how you can still fall in love for who they are instead of what they are. Each character grew so much and I loved it! There are some of the same side characters and some new ones that you meet who were also involved in the story. The romance is enemies to lovers and it was such a cute romance.

The ending was well done but I wonder who the next book will be about! I’m super excited to read book three even though I have no idea what it is. I do have to say that I enjoyed book one more then this one as book one has a better slow burn romance then this one plus there was a cute baby involved. I totally recommend checking this book out and even the first one as it is AMAZING!