Cover Image: The King of Nightmare

The King of Nightmare

This book is loooooong... a bit too long for my liking! I tried reading a few chapters and although I do love my horror, this just wasn't for me.

Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author for the ARC.
This book was a bit slower paced than I normally like, but it worked for the story. The characters were very well written and relatable. I will be looking for more from this author.
This was a pretty good book! It is a bit slower than I normally like, however if you are looking for a good Horror with Dark Fantasy then definitely give this one a go!

The characters are well-written as well as the descriptions. If you are anything like me and have a great imagination, then you'll have no trouble picturing this book quite vividly.

I absolutely recommend this one!
When Jason gets robbed of his last few scraps of food, little does he know that such a simple, almost mundane act, will spin him into a new life, a new family, and something so much stranger than he could have ever imagined. Ending up in Taylor Point House alongside a group of people who appear so at odds to one another, Jason seems to fit right in. The occupants of the house are an odd bunch. The story skillfully entwines their journeys together, while simultaneously weaving the readers on a journey through another world. As the crack between the two words grows larger, we start to see more and more of the other world, of the Gods fighting to save it, of the Horrors trying to destroy all. This book was a page turner. I found myself reading faster and faster, caught up in both storylines, waiting to see when they would overlap, teased by the potential merging, taunted by the almost, not quite there, and willing our Taylor Point crew to start to see through the cracks. I was engrossed, horrified, sad, happy, fearful. I didn’t know if The King of Nightmare was on our side or not. Ultimately I could not put this book down, and loved every moment of the journey it took me on.

*I received this book from NetGalley for review but all opinions are my own.
This was a good book, with a good story and very interesting characters that you grow fond of. However it was a bit slow paced for me, and I had to put it down twice and have small breaks.

Nonetheless the story kept whispering my name, so I had to see it through the end. The King of Nightmare himself was my favourite of the seven characters.
This is a wonderfully creative and involved story. I don't even know how to start explaining it. Interesting characters blend and entwine between two worlds in a battle to save all of creation. A little horror and little fantasy I simply couldn't put it down! This book is strange and beautiful, simply a wonderful read. Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for the advanced copy.
This book is an extremely good read. It has 7 main characters each with a distinct well-defined role. The story slowly builds and pulls you into it. There are times I felt not with the story though.

Foreboding horror with a mix of dark fantasy, sometimes fun and oh so clever

What can you put right before the King of Nightmare comes for you?

I received this book in advance for my honest review.