Cover Image: The Pronoun Book

The Pronoun Book

This is a great resource for teaching children about pronouns! There were some spacing issues with the e-book version. Other than that, the content was great, and I especially loved the resources for adults at the end. I think it can be a complicated topic for many adults and this can help guide those conversations.
The pronoun book by Cassandra Jules Corrigan.
This fun, engaging and empowering children's book is the perfect introduction on pronouns in relation to gender diversity and identity for children aged 5+.Through illustrated scenarios and explanations, it gently encourages children to learn pronoun etiquette and educates them on they/them pronouns, trans and non-binary identities, misgendering and neo-pronouns such as xe, zir and hir.
This is a great way to teach a child about pronouns. 4*.
The Pronoun Book by Cassandra Jules Corrigan, illustrated by Jem Milton, is a really straightforward look at gender identity and pronouns that covers a lot of ground in a short amount of time. It's a pretty thorough introduction to different gender identities and pronouns, as well as to etiquette regarding pronouns. The art is really cute, and the extra content at the end should be helpful to parents and educators. The book is recommended for ages 5+ and I suspect that it is a bit wordy for kids on the bottom end of that age scale, but overall it's a super useful resource to keep around. Recommended!
Great for kids, and some (many!) adults.
Perfect introduction to the theme of pronouns and gender identity, in a clear, easy to understand way, while not dumbing it down.
Also many great resources at the end, would be especially helpful for guardians and educators.
This is a good, inclusive primer to using pronouns for people. The language is aimed more at elementary school age, but you could easily use it in a preschool storytime.
This is an outstanding resource for parents, teachers, librarians and therapists to share with the children in their lives.  The author explains pronouns in a very straightforward manner, explaining common pronouns and gender norms, then moving onto neo-pronouns and how to handle a social situation in which one might accidentally use the wrong pronouns.

Children and adults will come away learning about ways they can show respect, how we can learn from one another, and how we can forgive others and ourselves if we make a mistake.

The illustrations are bright and accurately reflect the individuals that the text is describing.  In fact, the graphics tell the story just as much as the written word.  I highly recommend this book for all ages.
Such an important book for people of all ages to read. Everyone needs to be more aware of the feelings and preferences of those around us and why it is so very important to respect their decisions for themselves. Highly recommend this!!!
I love this book and I am just so happy that it exists . people always think that complicated things like this are too complex to explain to children, but they're not . children are learning everything all the time and if you take the time to explain it and explain it in dynamic ways like this book does, kids can grasp it just fine. It's much harder for people who are already stuck in their ways do people who don't believe in the absolute binary. it warms my heart to see books like this for kids and I wish we had more like it when I was growing up.
This is a great children's book about pronouns - what they are, why they're important, and how to use them appropriately.  I love that this book gives children (and adults!) the language around pronouns in an easy, nonjudgmental way.  This is a great way to grow understanding around pronouns.
This is a perfect primer on the proper use of pronouns. The illustrations and big letters make this appropriate for all ages--yes, little kids included. It certainly aimed at that audience, but this is an excellent resource for adults who genuinely want to learn more and those adults who keep claiming that they just "don't get all these pronouns.'  The book is the length of most picture books and provides additional resources at the back, which include a letter template for teachers and the parents of friends to introduce them to a child's pronouns.
This is a really perfectly simple book that explains pronouns to those who may be confused or want to learn more about the subject. It's a wonderful book that I think kids will love and learn a lot from, maybe even some parents too!

It's important to educate people on why pronouns are important and that it is okay to experiment and try out new pronouns until you find the ones that suit you best.

A definite recommendation!
This picture book is a wonderful resource for explaining gender and pronouns to small children.I fully recommend it to parents as a way to start this conversation and normalize it in your child's life.
Very informative, whilst being suitable for children. The artwork is lovely and engaging and, I was very happy to see, incredibly diverse.

A must for school libraries!
It's a picture book for everyone! Both adults and children will learn something new from this book. She introduces pronouns with facts. Corrigan then explains that gender exists on a spectrum. Her illustrations, definitions, and terminology are easy to understand for all ages. Every student (from preschool to high school) should read this book. This is also a great gift idea for children. All those stars are well deserved!
This was such a cute and informative book! The illustrations were beautiful and I just loved them! The information was really well presented and in an easy to digest manner.

A must for school libraries!
Wonderful resource for kids, parents, and educators.  I learned a better understanding of pronouns and feel better informed to help explain it to children if I need to.  The glossary and sample letters at the end are an invaluable resource that can be used by everyone when a refresher is needed.  Thanks to Netgalley for allowing me to provide my review on this title.
The Pronoun Book is a picture book introduction to the various pronouns that people use based on gender identity. It is an excellent starting point for discussions with children and may serve as a bridge to understanding and better acceptance of those who use a different pronoun from their sex assigned at birth. I highly recommend this book for childrens' classroom or personal use!
I really truly love the intention of this book. It’s a fantastic introduction to the way pronouns should be used in the English language in order to be as respectful and loving as we can be of every human.

The parent resources at the back of the book are fantastic for any parents who are new to learning about trans-inclusive language and etiquette. In fact, this entire book is a great primer for parents/caregivers/adults in general. (I plan to share it with many “grown ups” in my life with whom the pronoun conversation has been particularly frustrating.)

The only question for me has to do with the suggested age. As a parent of 3 young kids, I am not sure that 5+ is an accurate assessment of audience. This has NOTHING to do with the content and everything to do with presentation and language. Having had this conversation with my two older kids recently, I know that in order for them to process the ideas of “pronouns” and “gender” vs “sex”, they really needed it presented more simply to start. I imagine this would be even more necessary for kids who haven’t encountered anyone under the trans umbrella. The presentation in this book seems to be better suited for kids 9+ for comprehension and connection to the material. That said, I would LOVE to see a more simplified version created for younger kids.

More inclusive, loving, educational content, please!