Cover Image: Love Next Door

Love Next Door

Small town romance with a huge heart...
The first in a new series from Ms Hunting and I really enjoyed getting to know these new characters.
Dillion has come back to her childhood home to help her family out for a few months.... Van has inherited his Grandmas house right next door....as sparks fly and chemistry fizzes will these two stop their bickering long enough to see what’s right there?
Loved this pair....their banter and then friendship was really great to read.  A little suspense story running along side which kept my interest, some moments where I was thinking ‘seriously?’ and some fun interactions that had me speculating who might be next to share their story.
Small town, gentle romance with heat and heart....a perfect beach read.
This was a really awesome story and romance about two very different people who come from very different families but who loved the same woman, Bee.

Bee was a grandmother to Donavan, Bradford and Teagan but the only one who really visited her was Van. Dillon or as Bee called her, Lynnie lived next door and she loved Bee so much, more as a close confidant and best friend. So when Bee dies, Van comes back to town and Dillon is the executer of her estate.

This was not the most romantic book in the world. I adored Dillon and Van's romance and how they are there for each other and both loved Bee so much. What I loved in this story is the family love. I loved Billy, and how he needs his sister to help him get the help he needs. I loved that Dillon realises that everything she wants has always been there right where she left it. And I loved how Van's family fights for him and tries help him as things start happening that point to someone after what Bee left him.

This story is about love and family and that if they have your back well then you have everything. Its a fun, flirty and wonderful story but it also deals with some more serious issues like death, and mental health.
Love next door is the perfect small town romance and holidays read.
The characters are reliable and interesting. Both Dillion and Van are trying to get away from the big city and it’s stressful daily life while try to find themselves and what they actually want from their life.
Sweet enemies to lovers, lots of humour as expected from the author and some sparkling chemistry, this romance story is perfect for any romantic lover.
Thank you to the publisher and @netgalley for a copy of this book.  This was a cute small town, close proximity romance. It was cute and I enjoyed the banter between Dillion and Van. They had great connection and both have some complicated family dynamics. I think there was too much family drama that it distracted from their romance.
Thank you Montlake and Netgalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.

Love Next Door had a different vibe than some of Hunting's earlier romantic comedies, but I still really enjoyed it.

Dillion and Donovan (Van) end up in Dillon's hometown for similar reasons and are quickly drawn together. Van is taking over his late Grandmother's cottage and runs into his next door neighbor and executive of his Grandmother's will, Dillion. They have a brief enemies to lovers relationship that quickly turns into dating. They both have a lot of things going on in their lives, but quickly turn to each other and bond over their love of his late Grandmother. I liked the ending, but it seemed like it wrapped up a little quickly.

i cant wait to read the next book in this series!

I will update with the link as soon as I post on my bookstagram.
3.5 Stars
I need to preface this by saying I usually love stories by this author. BUT, this and the one before it I haven’t really enjoyed like all the others. Not sure why either.
Makes me sad!
These two officially meet when he gets out of the shower and is naked. Ha ha ha! Funny, right? Probably the funniest part about this whole story. I will say I enjoyed the ending.
What can I say, when you want a cute feel good romance, look know further than Helena Hunting. This story ticks all the rom-com boxes:

Small town drama
Annoying but hot next door neighbour
Complicated family dynamics
Oh and lots of spice!
Dillion moves back home to help her family out after her brother is in an accident. On arriving back she decides to check out the cottage next door which previously belonged to Grammy Bee, who Dillion was very closed to whilst growing up and its then that she meets Van. Van has come back to Pearl Lake to escape the family drama back home and to take care of the Cottage his Grandma (Grammy Bee) left him.

I throughly enjoyed this story, its a bit different from what HH normally writes, but I have such a soft spot fo small town romance, I couldn’t put this book down. Dillion and Van are perfectly matched and were an absolute joy to read. There was just enough intrigue and family drama to keep me hooked and the resolution to the story was very realistic.

In a nutshell, this is a well written feel good romance, if you are after some light reading definitely check this one out.
I'm always excited when a new Helena Hunting book is coming up.

The first story of this series and I want to reflect a little on the history of Dillion and Donovan

Believing in destiny and in people destined to be together is something that has always fascinated me and if to that we add the magic of a small town that evokes childhood memories that perhaps all of us saved somewhere we have an incredible result.

The fact that I added the factor of the presence of mental illness and how many times we ignore or do not give the necessary importance touches my heart in a deep way ... it is a subject that many times we overlook

I hope everyone who reads this story enjoys it as much as I do.
3.5 stars. This was a pretty good read, but I felt it lacked the usual Helena Hunting spark. Love Next Door is a stand alone book and is Dillion and Van's story. Dillion is from a small town that she couldn't wait to leave after high school and move to a big city. When her younger brother is having problems, she loses her apartment and goes through a breakup, she returns home to that small town to help with the family business and regroup. Van is in town because his grandmother died, who happens to be Dillion's next door neighbor. He is also having job and family problems, so he too is in town temporarily to fix up his grandmother's house and regroup. When the two meet they do not get a long, but they soon see they have misjudged each other and romance ensues.

The story in this book was pretty good. I did think the first half of the book dragged a bit, but I liked the second half more. At first, I felt like Dillion rubbed me the wrong way, having tantrums and acting like a teenager. She wasn't very nice to anyone or likeable. There were some plot holes that left me with questions and I felt the conversations were illogical at times. In fact, I wasn't sure if I liked either Van or Dillion at first, but by the end, I did like them and thought they were sweet together. I definitely felt a lack of chemistry. But I did find the story entertaining. I liked the way the book ended, even if I didn't love the way it began. Overall, this was not a bad book, but it wasn't my favorite Helena Hunting book.
This was a really cute summer read, it reminded me of being at the lake and I just love HH writing. I wish it had her usual steam, this one was a littler tamer than her usual stuff. But overall cute story!
Dillon deixou Pearl Lake há quase 10 anos, rumo a Chicago, onde estudou, trabalhou e começou um relacionamento, agora ela se vê sem emprego, sem namorado e sem um lugar para morar. Com a ligação do pai avisando que seu irmão sofreu um acidente e não poderá trabalhar por alguns meses, Dillon decide voltar para sua cidade natal para ajudar nos negócios da família. Para ela não é fácil estar de volta nessas circunstâncias, é como se tivesse retrocedido, mas será que viver em Pearl Lake é tão ruim quanto ela se lembrava?

Donovan "Van" é o neto da amada vizinha de Dillon que faleceu, ele herdou a propriedade da avó, sendo o único neto que a visitava com frequência. Mesmo que Dillon passasse bastante tempo com a Bee, ela nunca encontrou Van até o momento que decidiu verificar como estava a cabana e o encontrou nu recém saido do banho. A partir desse momento a relação deles é de implicâncias e discussões, algo que Van gosta e que deixa Dillon irritada,  ao mesmo tempo que se sente atraída pelo vizinho.

Eu sou completamente apaixonada pela escrita da Helena Hunting e estou gostando cada vez mais de ler romances que se passam em cidades pequenas. O que ela construiu aqui me deixou completamente presa na história, que vai muito além do romance, tanto Dillon quanto Van tem seus próprios problemas para lidar e juntos encontraram o apoio que precisam.

O romance entre os protagonistas é muito bem construído, acontecendo de forma natural e no momento certo. Eu gostei muito do clima criado aqui nesse livro, fiquei com vontade de ir para a beira de um lago e curtir um dia de paz. Se você procura um romance nesse estilo, tenho certeza de que você irá amar essa história.
It’s not that she can’t go home again, Dillion doesn’t want to go home again. Her choice is limited when she breaks up with her boyfriend and loses her city job. Her family needs her help so back to Pearl Lake she goes.
Van is in Pearl Lake to sort out his beloved Grammy Bee’s estate. At first met, these two are like oil and water. What follows is a fun story with mystery and likable characters. Not only will you like the main characters you also get a fun group from the small town.
Easy read with a nice small town vibe
As teens Dillion and Van knew of one another but were never close.  They were connected by Bee.  Van had his grandmother in the summers and Dillion had her neighbor the rest of the year.

Now her death has brought them together again.  Both are at a crossroads in life.  Dillion is jobless and back in the small town she couldn’t wait to escape.  Van is also jobless and being accused of a crime he didn’t commit all while having the task of cleaning out Grammie Bee’s home.

Brought together by circumstance, they quickly realize neither is who they thought they were.  And watching them fall in love is breathtaking!  But what happens when reality intrudes?

Dillion is all sass, but so loving and loyal.  As an adult she is finally understanding her deep desires to leave her small town while also now understanding its draw to stay.  Van is also on a self discovery quest about what is important in life and, being back where he was happiest helps put things in perspective.

I truly adored this couple!  I also loved the  side story of Dillion’s brother as it added unexpected depth.

Love Next Door was a sweet and nostalgic read.  It was not at all what I expected, but so much better!  5 stars!
Love Next Door is the first installment in Helena’s new series called Lakeside.

It is an enemies-to-lovers / neighbors romance between Dillion Stitch and Donovan “Van” Firestone. They have a rocky start and every time they face each other, the back and forth between them becomes stronger. However, that “hate” is not the only thing in their way since they find impossible not to act on the tension and chemistry between them.

This was a slow burn, simmering love story that started with two characters “hating” each other and it turns into so much more when they realize they have more in common than either expected. Their connection starts from their relationship with Van’s gram and a cottage full of summer memories.

I really enjoyed this story about community, friendship, family, trust, love and fate bringing two people together, and I can't wait for more in the Lakeside series!
LOVE NEXT DOOR is the first instalment in Helena Hunting’s contemporary, adult LAKESIDE erotic, romance series focusing on the people of Pearl Lake. This is Chicago businessman Donovan ‘Van’ Firestone, and twenty-eight year old, business administrator Dillion Stitch’s story line.

Told from dual first person perspectives (Dillion and Van) LOVE NEXT DOOR focuses on the building romance and relationship between Chicago businessman and foundation administrator Donovan ‘Van’ Firestone, and twenty-eight year old, business administrator Dillion Stitch. In the wake of Grammy Bee’s death, Donovan Firestone returns to the small lakeside town of Pearl Lake, where he takes some time to consider everything and more but a tornado called Dillion Stitch is about to turn his well ordered life upside down, as she is the executor of his grandmother’s estate, and the woman with whom he is falling in love but not all is well back home in Chicago, and the backlash is about to come crashing down. What ensues is the building romance and relationship between Van and Dillion, and the potential fallout pushes Dillion out of Van’s life, as his life continues to spiral out of control.

Dillion Stitch left Pearl Lake, never to return, but life in the big city wasn’t all it was promised to be. Her brother’s accident, and the family business struggling to make ends meet, Dillion takes over the office, steering everything in the right direction  but rumors about Donovan Firestone begin to eat away at our story line heroine rumors that are about to gain momentum with a phone call from back home. Donovan Firestone inherited the bulk of his grandmother’s estate, and with it a potential firestorm of problems including one-Dillion Stitch but nothing was as it appeared to be for beneath the surface continuous surprises were about to shake up their world.

The relationship between Donovan and Dillion begins acrimoniously as both verbally attack the other for reasons unknown. Neither one recognizes the other from years before but Dillion believes Donovan is up to no good, and Donovan only wants time to himself in an effort to forget about life back home. A summer storm finds our couple taking refuge in a hunting cabin where secrets are revealed, and they both reconsider their future, together. The $ex scenes are intimate and passionate without the use of over the top, sexually graphic language and text.

We are introduced to Donovan’s brother Bradley, and their sister Teagan; Dillion’s friends Tawny and Allie, brother Bradley, mother Marilyn, and their father; and electrician/plumber Aaron Saunders-there may be something developing between Teagan and Aaron.

LOVE NEXT DOOR is a story of family, friendships, relationship and love; a story of jealousy and betrayal, secrets and lies. The premise is engaging, entertaining and engrossing;the romance is spicy and seductive; the characters are sassy, feisty and spirited although it did take some time to get over my dislike for our story line heroine.

THE READING CAFÉ: http://www.thereadingcafe.com/love-next-door-lakeside-1-by-helena-hunting-review-tour/

GOODREADS: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3803386611

AMAZON. COM: https://www.amazon.com/review/R6SMZURMHKKSS/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8

BOOKBUB: https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/4021006672

B&N (Sandy_thereadingcafe) posted: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/love-next-door-helena-hunting/1138567928?ean=9781542029308&bvnotificationId=a26e233c-f1ba-11eb-b447-0e8b0ccdd595&bvmessageType=REVIEW_APPROVED&bvrecipientDomain=hotmail.com#review/184549473
I really enjoyed this story.  I'm a lover of small-town romances and Helena did not disappoint with her creation of Pearl Lake as a setting that readers will enjoy for books to come. I resonated a lot personally with Dillion's desire to break out of the small town she grew up in for "the city", but also the need to come back home to help out her family when times got tough.  I really enjoyed Dillion's initial tension and stand-off with Van (love that enemies-to-lovers vibe), but also enjoyed how they bonded over their shared affection for Van's grandma and Dillion's lifelong neighbor, as well as revealing secrets about their past interactions.  The elements of mystery and intrigue around Van's inheritance and Dillion's brothers actions added something to the story to keep you involved, and the handling of Dillion's brother's situation when it all came to a head was well done.  I wasn't expecting a mystery from Helena in this one, but I enjoyed it! I'll look forward to returning to Pearl Lake in the next story from this series!
This is a sweet, small town summer romance about two people that grew up on opposites sides of the lake and had childhood crushes on each other and meet later in life for a second shot at love. I definitely related to Dillon, the small town girl who moved to the city the first chance she got. When her father calls asking her to come home to help with the family business for the summer she reluctantly does so, running into Donovan (Van), the rich kid from her past. Donovan is back in town to fix up his dead grandmother's cottage and weather an embezzlement scandal he's been falsely accused of. Sparks quickly fly between these opposites and a real relationship develops. Lots of family drama on both sides. Dillon's brother is struggling with alcoholism and bipolar disorder, and Van's brother seems to be out to get him. If you enjoy a steamy, dual perspective, open door romance with lots of strong secondary characters, this is the perfect summer read for you. Much thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my advance review copy. I'm looking forward to the next books in this series!
Love Next Door by Helena Hunting is a beautifully written story about family, love, and self discovery, and is Hunting's first book in her new Lakeside series. I loved this story and can't wait to see who the next book will focus on.

Thanks to NetGalley and Montlake for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.
***Thank you to NetGalley, Montlake and Helena Hunting. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book. All opinions are my own.***

I enjoyed this story. It had the heat and chemistry I’ve come to expect from Hunting, as well as a great balance between family, personal growth and tenderness. It was a bit of a slow start. The antagonistic back and forth between Dillion and Van dragged on a bit too long and, for me, felt a tiny bit forced. I liked the juxtaposition of family problems and how each handled it so differently. I loved Van’s sister Teagan’s enthusiasm and am hoping she gets the next book. After having been away from her small town since college, I was happy that Dillion was able to reconnect with her old friends after an apology. I’d be perfectly happy if either Tawny or Allie got stories as well. Or Aaron, Dillion’s dad’s employee. Lastly, I thought the mental health issue was handled thoughtfully and realistically. If I could have changed anything, it would have been the abruptness of the ending. I knew I was getting toward the end of the story, but the end came suddenly and unexpectedly. At least we were given the epilogue.
Dillion Stitch has no desire to return to her hometown of Pearl Lake. But when her brother crashes his car while drunk, Dillion reluctantly agrees to come home and help with the family business. Back home in Pearl Lake, so much has stayed the same but one big thing has changed, the Stitch’s beloved neighbor Bee has died. Dillion and Bee were very close, and when Dillion goes to check on Bee’s cottage, she stumbles upon a very naked Van. Donovan, or Van for short, is Bee’s grandson. He has inherited Bee’s cottage and plans to fix it up and live there. Thinking Van is just going to sell Bee’s beloved home to the highest bidder, Dillion is immediately distrustful of Van. But their bickering soon turns to attraction. They are a seemingly perfect match if only they can keep their respective family issues from tearing them apart.

Told in alternating first-person perspectives, Love Next Door is the perfect small-town, enemies-to-lovers romance! I loved Dillion, the protagonist. In true Helena Hunting fashion, she is a sassy firecracker of a main character.

I adored this small-town romance! I highly recommend Love Next Door to fans of contemporary romance! This series fits in nicely with Hunting’s other books, with mentions of characters from the All In series. And the good news is, this is just the first book in the series! I can wait to read the future books in the series!

Thank you to Montlake Romance, Social Butterfly PR, and Netgalley for the review copy! All opinions are my own.