Cover Image: Dying Inside

Dying Inside

Overall I enjoyed this book. I haven't read any others in the series so I cannot comment on how they compare to the rest. I found the story very slow and very confusing at times. I kept losing the thread of where the connections where. I nearly gave up a couple of times and this one doesn't compel me to read any more of the Nick Dixon crimes.
Love the characters in this series and this book is a great addition. A simple case soon becomes much more complex as as all the strings come together.
4 Stars from me

This was an exciting thriller and it joined newly promoted DCI Nick Dixon in what appears to be a well established series. I think this is the first book I have read from Damien Boyd and I have no doubt there would be benefits to reading the series in order!

However, having not done that I can only base this review on Dying Inside although I am tempted to now read from book 1 onwards.

DCI Nick Dixon was a good character and I enjoyed following him through the book.

The storyline was clever and certainly unique for me which made it all the more interesting! The internal conflict within the police is quite a common theme and I wonder how much it reflects upon real life.

All in all, I really enjoyed following the story and will be keeping a look out for Damien Boyd books in the future.
A really exceptional story line fast moving keeps the reader guessing to the very end with a suprising and unexpected twist in the tail.Thoroughly enjoyed this book would recommend it to everyone.
This is Book 11 in the DI Nick Dixon Series, and Nick has now been promoted to DCI but is struggling with the changes, and especially the non-operational side, this brings.

Events start with a sequence of Sheep killed by Crossbow, not the most promising start you may think, but this then progresses on to a murder by Crossbow. Are these events connected? It is being attributed to a gangland event but Nick disagrees but is told to leave it alone by the powers that be.

This develops into a great book and shows that this series goes from strength to strength, they are superbly paced and written, have great plots, with plenty of twists and has a great group of characters. Nick is a great lead character, who once he gets onto something will not give in. What’s not to love?

If you have not read any of the series I strongly recommend it and this is definitely one of the best in the series.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publishers for providing a copy of this book for me,  for an an open and honest review.
Love a Damien Boyd book.  The 11th book in the DI Nick Dixon series, Dying Inside was another great edition that kept me hooked. Crossbow sheep killings quickly escalated into a hunt for an elusive murderer that was full of misdirections and dead ends. It had a surprising amount of humorous character interactions and crossbow puns that kept me chuckling to myself. Read it in one sitting! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Good crime thriller well written. During these strange times during pandemic  a gripping story to take you on a good journey. As always the author leaves me thinking what then happens to the characters a sequel maybe an option.
The Nick Dixon series of books are fantastic.  Each one, in my opinion, every bit as good as the last.  It is easy to engage with Nick Dixon's character.  If you enjoy the likes of Val McDermid , Leigh Rusell and Stuart McBride, you'll love this book
Just finished this and by was I shocked when I saw who was behind the killings.

I loved the way the characters new and old was working together and was surprised how easy DI Nick Dixon slipped into his new role as well.

Can't wait for book 12 :D
A good crime novel, well written. It took me a few chapters to get into the storyline after which it was an enjoyable read.  I will try other books in the series.
It took me a while to get into this book, maybe because it is the first book I have read in this series. However once I got into the story, it was very good. I liked the characters, though it took a while to get to know them . The crimes were well thought out and there are a couple of twists in the book which add the the suspense and which were unpredictable.
All in all a great book, enough information about the investigation to keep interest up and enough personal about personal lives to add human interest. I will definitely read more from this author
Thank you to Net Galley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review
A DCI Nick Dixon thriller that is brilliant, it engaged me right at the beginning, and I was hooked on the plot until I finished the book. Dixon does not follow the sheep and say what his commanding officers want, he seeks the truth, despite it being unpopular. A great whodunnit with lots of twists and turns thoroughly enjoyed the book and look forward to reading more books by this author,
Thanks Net Galley and the publisher for allowing me a advance copy to read.
Solid police/Crime story. Unfortunately I came to this series in the middle so didn't understand all the back story but enjoyed the characters nonetheless and it was a pacy read that stood on its own merits!
Having read all of the Nick Dixon books, I was looking forward immensely to this novel.  I was not disappointed in any aspect.   A truly riveting book.  A complex plot of financial double dealing and murder.    Excellent characters as always.   A true page turner.   Looking forward to the next novel
I have really enjoyed this series, Damien Boyd just comes up with great reads that are not copies of any of his previous books.  Brilliant character development, superb story lines his books can be read individually or as a series.  He is an excellent author who delivers every time.  I can recommend his books without reservation.
I enjoyed this novel a lot. The characters were engaging and the plot flowed quickly and was interesting. There were lots of twists and turns and    I thought the relationships between everyone was believable. Recommended.
A massive thank you to both NetGalley and Amazon Publishing for the copy of Damien Boyds Dying Inside.

Having read the previous 10 books in the series I have become a massive fan of the Nick Dixon series and Dying Inside continues to deliver on the characters that we have experienced.

Yes reading the 10 previous books gives you a much larger knowledge of the characters, however the beauty of Boyds writing is you can pick up this book and still enjoy it.

I highly recommend this to anyone its an amazing series and Damien Boyd is a master in storytelling.
An excellent well-written book, believable storyline, full of twists and turns, good ending. Intricate plot with  really good ending.
I would like to thank Netgalley and Amazon Publishing UK for an advance copy of Dying Inside in exchange for an honest review.
I thought I may be at a disadvantage as I had not read the other books in the series, but I don't think that mattered too much as it can be read as a stand-alone.
A well-written police procedural, one of the best in my opinion. Fast-paced, plenty of intrigue and suspense. I now have to go back and read the others.
Thank you #NetGalley and #Amazonpublishing for my e-copy of #dyinginside in return for my honest review.

Dying inside is the 11th book in the Nick Dixon series by Damien Boyd.

Although it’s the 11th one it was my first time reading anything in this particular series. First time reading anything by this author actually, and I was not disappointed. I didn’t feel as I was on a back foot for I’m not having read the previous novels; I worked just as well as a stand alone.

I found this book to be well written. I particularly liked the detail that Boyd went into with the police procedural element, but still keeping you-the reader, engrossed it the story while still keeping it factual.

There was also the brilliant balancing of all of  this with humour which encouraged be to continue reading.

I can honestly say that I enjoyed this novel, not only from the start but continuously the whole way through. And I can say that I am now encouraged to read the other books from this series.