Cover Image: BBQ Revolution

BBQ Revolution

The best BBQ book, I have read, you need to have a bit of patience and trial and error but the results are worth it... Brisket is to die for as is the pulled pork, tip don’t just read the recipes, read the book, it’s like a bible... I have even purchased a smoker.. personally I would have liked more sides but burnt ends remedy this
BBQ Revolution by Mitch Benjamin is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in early June.

Traditional and non-traditional meat offerings, then….everything else that can be barbecued. Benjamin offers quite quirky, down-home narration and is very up-front about secret recipes and techniques. There are also lotsa photos of finished dishes, instructions for garnishes and toppings, and a full variety of flavors (sweet, savory, spicy, etc.), which is helpful, whether you’re a seasoned competitor or a home cook.
I appreciate all the beautiful pictures. I devour food with my eyes first, so I always enjoy pictures of the recipes. It’s helpful to see what the end goal of making a recipe should look like. I’m big into BBQ and we always BBQ until it’s too cold outside. This book is wonderful. It has so many varieties of BBQ and smoking recipes. I didn’t realize all the possibilities. Thank you for allowing me to read and enjoy BBQ Revolution.
BBQ Revolution is the must-have book for planning your backyard summer get-togethers! The book provides easy step-by-step instructions, WITH PICTURES! There are sides, drinks, and all you could need for planning your BBQ.

5/5 Stars!

Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group – Harvard Common Press for providing me with an e-arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I have a husband who loves to have BBQ and would willingly have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.  It was great to have the opportunity to learn new recipes to try out, especially knowing that the recipes have won BBQ competitions.

The book is a BBQ lovers dream. There are a wide variety of recipes for both BBQ and smoking. There are a whole range of meats, sauces/rubs, side dishes and desserts. There is even a smoke themed cocktail.

If like me, you’re in the UK, you’ll struggle to source ingredients needed for some recipes - I challenge you to find grits and alligator in your local supermarket!
Also the name of one recipe is a little eyebrow raising - real man’s quiche, I am looking at you 🙄.

Overall though, the recipes are versatile enough that you can cook them in other ways for when the great British weather prevents a BBQ. Our family really enjoyed the recipes we tried and we look forward to trying others at a later date.

Thank you to the author, Netgalley and Harvard Common Press for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
What's not to love about this book, everyone loves a BBQ and this book is packed full of gorgeous recipes that deserves to be in every household this Summer
This book couldn't have come at a better time! I just bought my boyfriend a smoker and grill for his birthday. We loved this book. Firstly the pictures are beautiful. They are so well plated and really draw you in to the recipe. They instantly make your mouth water. The recipes were nicely laid out and easy to follow. I also loved the variety. You had some really good fusion recipes and some great modern takes on old classic barbeque recipes.

I know we are going to use a lot of these this summer.
A delicious insight into competition BBQ and how to recreate these mouthwatering recipes in your own backyard. Filled with expert information and pictures that make you want to reach in and grab a piece, any food lover or bbq chef would love this book
Whether you are a backyard bbqer or a competition bbqer this book is for you.  You can learn all the ins and outs of making good bbq. Mr Benjamin goes into great detail about how to make good competition bbq.  The right cuts of meat and what the judges are looking for. These hints are also good for your family as well.  He goes into the different rubs and injections you can use and which is right for the right meat choice.  There's recipes for his rubs and the sauces that go with them. I think I need to make some of these to keep on hand. One of the most important items is your source of smoke whether it be pellets, charcoal or wood.  There's recipes for smoked chicken nuggets and sauces to go with them including Bama white sauce. Charred bits and grits looks so good and so different.  They even include seafood. These ribs look tasty I think it is time to go to the store so I can fire up the grill.
Amazing cookbook! I can easily see why Meat Mitch won third place brisket! Their brisket looks absolutely amazing and I'm definitely getting a hardcover copy of this book for my husband. All the recipes look delicious and the photos are mouthwatering! It made me so hungry and I'm craving that brisket!! They deserve more than 5 stars! I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review
this book made me hungry..
it had every protein (to include seafood) , cocktails, rubs, sauces, sides to serve with it and even dessert. What makes this book refreshing is it is completly filled with photos, there is a HOW to guide that the basic home "griller" can understand, then recipes. I think what was most helpful is when they gave a recipe for say a rub it told how much it made, how to store it and how much meat it would season as well as the expiration date!
BBQ Revolution (Innovative Barbecue Recipes from an All-Star Pitmaster) by Mitch Benjamin is the quintessential barbecue resource. This book covers the entire universe of barbecue from equipment through to the creative use of the “leftovers”. We start with a peek into a day in the life of the competition barbecue world along with a crash course in equipment, meat, the rubs and other preparations, and -of course- the smoke!  And that’s just the first chapter!

I would buy this book for the sauces and rubs alone! Most books dedicated to barbecue focus solely on the meat and may have a handful of sauce or rub recipes - if that.  I lost count of the page upon page of delectable sauces and rubs.  Equally tantalizing are the “other delights” like the Whoopie Pies.  If you love barbecue then this is the book for you! (I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy and all opinions are my own.)  #NetGalley #BBQRevolution
Date reviewed/posted: April 29, 2021
Publication date: June 15, 2021

When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today.

From classic, competition-winning recipes to boundary-pushing 'que, join the founder of Meat Mitch competition BBQ team and Char Bar Smoked Meat and Amusements for a BBQ Revolution!

Mitch Benjamin has helped open BBQ restaurants in Paris, served his smoked meat to baseball legends at Yankee Stadium, and taken home some serious hardware from just about every major BBQ competition. In this book, he throws open the doors to his kitchen (or as he calls it, his "Mitchen") and takes BBQ on a wild ride! The book starts with his behind the scenes look at competition BBQ and smoking, then winds its way through chapters both classic and creative:

**Learn the ins and outs of competition BBQ, including some of Mitch's award-winning recipes for sauces, rubs, and meats from brisket and burnt ends to short ribs and pork butt.
**Take a trip behind the scenes of Kansas City's Char Bar, with some of their most popular recipes like their burnt heaven and smoked chicken nuggets. Mitch even breaks out the smoking gun for some smoked cocktails!
**Next up, some truly revolutionary BBQ. Leave your expectations at home as Mitch showcases recipes with reverse smoking, sous vide, and other techniques. Master non-traditional mains including smoked salmon, jackfruit, bone marrow, and much more.
**There's never "que" much of a good thing! In a full chapter on making the most of smoked meat, Mitch whips up Japanese steamed buns; candied pork belly; and barbeque-stuffed tacos, quiche, and poutine.
**Last but not least, Mitch shares some of his legendary sides and "amusements." Think addictive pimiento cheese, deviled eggs, whoopie pies, and more!

Whether you're relatively new to BBQ or a seasoned pitmaster, you're sure to find new ideas, techniques, and flavours if you hang around with Mitch. What are you waiting for? Join the revolution!

Canadians are best known for getting the following wrong: what they call BBQ is grilling...and I hate grilling as it takes a juicy piece of meat and dries it out.  Or hot dogs ... oh that is my one sister's thing ... dried out grilled hot dogs...my stomach turns at the mere thought of that!. (And barbeque stands for "barbe a queue", aka Nose to tail...did you know that??? Even my French hubby did not know that!!!)

There is so much more to BBQ than pork and this book covers it well --- and we split a bowl of his pimiento cheese last night for dinner as a result and are having deviled eggs for lunch. I loved reading his philosophy of BBQ and how there is so much more than drying out meat on a grill....mopped sauces, smoking (we are saving up for a LIttle Green Egg) and bone marrow, which is a favourite of mine. The recipes are well written and understandable by cooks of all levels and the photos make the food very appealing to myself and other lovers of food out there.

What I especially love about the book is that it uses mostly whole ingredients instead of pre-prepared and packaged foods. I do draw the line at making my own cheese beyond a quickly-made mozzarella, and canning tomatoes but the more "ingredients" you use the better.  My one nephew says that I never have any food in my house, only ingredients --- that is why I cook so much. I also refuse to eat or cook with Frankenfoods such as "chick'n" and its 88 ingredients vs. 🐔chicken🐔 having one and cheese that does not come from an animal is udder nonsense!)

Wrap this book u along with some sauce mops or spatulas and some sauces and you have the perfect gift for the Q-er in your life, whether they be male or female. Better yet, wrap it in a tea towel as there are never enough tea towels in anyone's homes.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube  Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🍖🥩🐟🍗🐑
YALL! We love bbq, I mean travel to a different state to try their brisket love bbq. This book has all sorts of bbq recipes. From the sauce to the sides and of course the meats. I cannot wait for summer so we can bust out the smoker and get started on these recipes. Must have for bbq lovers.