Cover Image: The Midnight Lock

The Midnight Lock

Amelia and Lincoln are at it again, this time trying to unlock the mystery behind the intruder called "the Locksmith".  The Locksmith breaks into supposedly secure homes, rearranges the personal belongings inside, while the occupant is sound asleep.  This is just a precursor to what's to come, if this person isn't caught, soon.

Unfortunately, an internal investigation into a previous case of Lincoln's reveals a mistake that could make Lincoln lose everything he loves and holds dear.  Join the investigation alongside Lincoln and try to "unlock" this case before its too late.
Another Lincoln Rhyme novel. I learned a lot about lock picking, but I am liking Deavers other novel more than Rhyme now
Amelia and Lincoln are back but they aren't having an easy time of it.
GP Putnam's Sons and Net Galley let me read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published November 30th.

Women wake up the next morning and realize someone had been there while they were sleeping.  The person takes a pair of their panties and one of the kitchen knives.  They advise the cops but no one knows who it was.  The person avoids cameras and leaves no trace behind.

However, Lincoln and Amelia are very good at forensic work and find tell tale signs.

The mayor is being pressured by his opponent and he removes everybody from the investigation.  This isn't normal.  But there is someone in the office who is a mole.  They eventually find him.  And they find the killer and more.

Will that be enough to get Lincoln and Amelia and the others be
Jeffery Deaver has been one of my favorite authors for a long time.  I've read all his books and love his writing style and recurring characters.  And Lincoln and Amelia are the best of the best.  I have enjoyed reading their stories since The Bone Collector.   Like all his books, Deaver manages to surprise the reader with twists and turns and I highly recommend The Midnight Lock.
Another winner in the Lincoln Rhymes series!  Lincoln and Sachs are pursuing The Locksmith, who breaks into women's apartments and moves things around, then lets himself back out locking the doors behind him.  But Lincoln is pulled off the case after his trial testimony causes a high-profile defendant to be acquitted.  Multiple storylines keep the plot moving and the reader guessing. A challenging mystery and engaging read.
The 15th installment in the Rhymes/Sachs books that never disappoint. I loved this book, and it may be one of my favorite in the series. Excellent writing, interesting mystery, and of course the indomitable characters that make up this series.
In The Midnight Lock (G.P. Putnam's Sons 2021), the fifteenth installment of Jeffrey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series, the paraplegic forensic scientist is again at his best. He only takes cases that intrigue him and this one--where a criminal who calls himself the Locksmith breaks into homes with the safest locks in the industry and does nothing more than move things around--catches his attention. The impossibility of the act inspires most of victims--all females--to abandon their homes and move somewhere that is as far as possible from this madman. Just prior to being asked to assist with this case, Rhyme is outsmarted in court--something that has never before happened--and a nasty drug lord is set free. The NYPD bosses blame Rhyme and strip him of his consultancy status, decommission his home-based lab, and reassign his crack team. Which--no surprise--barely slows him down. When he's cerebrally intrigued, he can't be stopped. What starts as the typical Lincoln rhyme crime solving case becomes so much more. In fact I could barely put it down even when I had to.

Highly recommended for lovers of who-dunnits and detective crimes.
The Midnight Lock is one of Jeffery Deaver's best Lincoln Rhyme books.  Amelia Sachs and the rest of team give the reader a thrilling ride to the last page.
Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs return with their "crew" to solve another nail biting crime...but the powers to be are determined to stop them working together. Will this be the end of Lincoln Rhyme's contracting business  with the NYPD? Deaver will hold the reader until the end with a heart pounding shootout!
The latest in the Rhymes/Sachs series.  I think there may have been one of Mr. Deaver's books I managed to figure out who the villain was.  This was not book.,  There is none better at hiding villains in plain sight than Mr. Deaver.  Having said that I do have one concern.  This novel, more than most of his, relies on the characters knowing things they do not share with the reader.  In moderation this is really great but imo this time it was used to often.  I still enjoyed the book and will certainly continue to read any more in this series ore any other he writes.