Cover Image: John Wayne Speaks

John Wayne Speaks

Full of John Wayne one liners and other information. Throughly enjoyable!

Thank you to NetGalley for an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.
Good read with tons of John Wayne movie quotes. And also his biography. Good reference book. A must have for John Wayne fans
John Wayne Speaks by Mark Orwoll is where you find the quotes fans remember the most.  This would make a great gift for the John Wayne fan in your life.
I received a free electronic ARC of this excellent biography from Netgalley, Mark Orwoll, and St. Martin's Press. Thank you all for sharing your hard work with me. I have read John Wayne Speaks of my own volition, and this review reflects my honest opinion of this work.

My husband and I are both pushing mid-70's so we are the second generation of moviegoers that hold many fond memories of the Duke. And both of our parents used John Wayne's quotes and actions as learning tools and templates of acceptable behavior in a world gone frantically mad.

Thinking back, we did the same with our kids. Often, the very same quotes. "'Sorry' don't get it done, Dude. You call the tune, you pay the piper. My church has been the mountains and solitude - No doors at all. There is no word in the Apache language for 'lie'. Whippersnappers! It's not a threat, it's a promise. Whoa, take 'er easy there, pilgrim." And the most impressive expression of disappointment of all -Would John Wayne DO THAT?

It has worked out well as a teaching tool for our generation of parents. Our kids are still whippersnappers, but they live by the cowboy code, as expressed by The Duke. As do their kids. And their grandkids. Parents, be sure you add a few of these 178 Duke movies to your family time in front of the tube. We could do with more Americans learning the proper way to cowboy up.
My Mother was a big John Wayne fan so it was stepping back in time with this book to Saturdays of John Wayne movies . As he was a die hard conservative  his views are not in align with mine at all  but reading his words did bring back memories of times gone by.  A enjoyable read for those who want to walk down memory lane and remember their parents affection for this one time movie star.
I was so excited to see this book.  Reading through this book brought so many memories of Saturday afternoons watching the "Duke" with my dad. It really didn't matter which of the movies we watched it was the time spent together.  So seeing this film quotes really takes me back to those days.  I can hear his voice in my head when I read these quotes.  The author does a good job of categorizing the different quotes.  There was also a lot of research that went into finding and choosing the quotes. One of my favorite categories is the warnings, insults, intimidation and ultimatums.  This is where you find the quotes you remember the most. Share this book with the John Wayne fan in your life and maybe watch one or two of the movies and find the quotes.
I received an advance copy of, John Wayne Speaks, by Mark Orwoll.  If you are a big fan of John Wayne, then you will ,love this book. Quotes from John Wayne, broken up into themes.