Cover Image: Cracked Pots

Cracked Pots

I'm so sorry, I really did try but the book just wasn't something I could get into. I am grateful for the ARC and would recommend to others who enjoy a challenge but this just wasn't it for me.

Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC.
I didn't know this was book two in a series but I didn't need to read book one to enjoy this. I loved reading about my home town, Toronto. There are lots of sensitive subjects dealt with in this book, such as child abuse and addiction, but the author handles it with such a tender hand. I really felt for Ari and her siblings. My heart ached for all of them. Even though the subject matter was brutal at times, with a bright light at the end, this is a beautifully told story by a very talented, Canadian author. I will be adding the first book, The Clay Girl.
Unfortunately was not able to get into it. I read the first few chapters but there was no real hook for me. Maybe I’ll try again later, but for now this book is a do not finish for me
Ari is seventeen and living in a very dysfunctional and abusive family.  She is trying to find a way out while also trying to protect her brother.  Ari also believes that everything that goes wrong in her life is her fault. This is a story of living through trauma and trying to pick up the pieces.  Can you ever deal with all the trauma and put it behind you.?

Initially you will have to get into the rhythm of this book.  Once you find your footing it is a compelling story and you will want to know what is going to happen next.  The story will have your wondering how our minds cope with trauma in order to survive and live. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend giving it a try.

Thank you to #netgalley, @misFITbooks, and @Heather Tucker for a copy of this book.
It’s very rare for me to read a novel that is written in the first person, present tense, and because of this I had a hard time getting into the rhythm of the storytelling. The writing is well done, however and the plot keeps moving forward.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and publisher for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.