Cover Image: Fae Away

Fae Away

This book had me on edge the whole time as I waited waiting to see what was going to happen to the characters. I loved the concept of this book and how the fae world and the human world are separate but have the ability to be portables into. I loved the relationship that evolve between then main characters and the ending left me wanting to read the next book in the series. Would recommend this book as it’s such a quick read with a interesting story.
So we have our fae princess Celyse and the human ‘witch’ Julio. Celyse finds what is called a shimmer which is allows you to travel to the human world. Every shimmer is specific to some human or place. Through the shimmer Celyse and Julio becomes friends. So when Celyse finds out that something is wrong in the fae world and that the humans are in danger from the fae, She crosses over to find answers and to protect Julio and Humans. They’re in a race against time get help, find answers and save the world.
So I've never been a fae type girl BUT lemme just say I was amazed. Garcia wrote a beautiful tale of romance in an astounding way! I absolutely loved the story and the characters development made it all worth reading!
This book has  forbidden romance, fae, magic, and ghosts. Never thought I'd read a book with all three of those topics in one book. It was so good. The cover is so beautiful! I can't wait for the next book.

Thank you Netgalley, and Rose Garcia for letting me read this wonderful book.
A fast-paced and amazing YA fantasy

As the princess of the most powerful house in faerie, Celyse must follow the rules. But when she finds a shimmer (a portal allowing her to see the human world) and meets a beautiful human boy, she will do everything she can to see him again. On the other side of the shimmer, Julio has a special power of his own: he can see ghosts. And when things go south in faerie, forcing Celyse to cross over, he will not hesitate to help her save her land and his.

Honestly, this book is everything I hoped it would be. I just adore YA fantasy with faeries as long as there isn't any info dumping or too slow moments, and with this one, I was not disappointed. It's quite short, easy to read and fast paced. The story is enthralling and the world building amazing. I loved the characters and how Celyse breaks the rules. It may have been a little cliché (the princess who doesn't want to be queen and would rather see the human world, the hot football player, love at first sight...) but it didn't bother me at all in the end because there was so much more than just this romance. I loved how magical it was, but not childish. There is also violence, fights, betrayals and schemes in this book and I was there for it! The plot-twists were brilliant and the romance was really cute, forbidden romance that felt like fate. The side characters (particularly Manny) were amazing as well, and not useless at all, everyone played a part. I also loved the main plot and how it was brought upon, making us think things and then turning everything around as the characters discovered the truth. But that ending though! I need the sequel ASAP because that cliffhanger has me on my knees!

I would highly recommend for any fans of faes and adventure.

"Love can happen slowly, or all at once."
Very captivating story! The characters really draw you in but the story line will hold all of your attention! One of my favorite reads this year!
This book was so well written! The story was intriguing and kept me interested all the way through. I could connect with each character and loved the small romance going on between the main ones. It gave me the perfect magical feels!
I received this book for free for an honest review from netgalley #netgalley

Sexy. And very enjoyable. I highly recommend.
Thank you to NetGalley and Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op for the ARC of this book. All opinions in this review are my own.

I have a tendency to read anything available to me about Fae without really looking too hard at what it is - this means I read a large variety of books with a variety of storylines. This book happened to be one of those books that I'm sure is a wonderful book but for an audience that is not me. I picked this book because of a few key things: it was listed as YA, fantasy, fae, and new voices. The reality (in my opinion) was that it was a bit more middle grade than YA, and unfortunately that meant it made it a bit hard for me to stay engaged in the book. It was well written but it was just not my cup of tea. It is the start of a series (duology?) and I am sure this is a great story for other people, but it just wasn't something that resonated with me as much as I hoped. The new voices aspect of it, on the other hand, I greatly appreciated. I enjoyed the mixing of Spanish and English and the other cultural aspects, I just wished it was a little bit more involved in the book.

Overall this is a good book, and I think many people would enjoy it, it just wasn't for me.
Fae Away is the first installment in the Fae Bloodlines series.

It’s a fast paced, young adult fantasy read.
There’s a forbidden romance, humans and fae, magic, and even some paranormal activity. It’s set in a modern timeframe, with fae and human realms overlapping each other.

If you’re looking for a quick read with action and romance, this is a good start.
This is a wonderful story about forbidden love for a fae girl and a human boy, both willing to risk everything for the other. Friendship, trust, love, betrayal, ghosts and premonitions... what will happen to Celyse, Julio and their friends?
Fae Away is a quick, action packed first book in a series. There’s fairy princesses, humans,  paths between the worlds. Celyse finds Julio while looking through a shimmer then their two worlds collide.
Fay Away is book 1 in the Fae Bloodlines series, which is set in modern times with the fae world overlapping ours.
The story follows Celyse, daughter of the High King and High Queen of Faevenly. She also has a twin sister Malena.  Celyse is a very spirited fae and enjoys being outside and keeping away from any kind of responsibility! That is left to Malena, as being born, first she will inherit the queen role one day and takes her role very seriously.Whilst on one of her walks through the woods one day, Celyse finds a rogue shimmer - a magical portal to the human world. All fae know about the shimmers but humans do not.
Whilst looking through the shimmer Celyse sees a human - Julio. Julio is just as shocked by the beautiful Celyse, but as he can see ghosts he thinks Celyse is one and that she means no harm.  They start communicating through the shimmer by writing on paper and showing each other and they start to develop a relationship with each other.
Then one day Celyse stops showing up and Julio doesn’t know why.....Celyse is soon to turn 18 and has to court and marry a fae so she decides to give him up, knowing it’s going to be the hardest thing ever.
Celyse tries to court other fae but after an attempt on her life it soon goes downhill and she finds out some uncomfortable truths about her and her family.
Celyse turns to Julio to help and together they meet faeries in the human realm who will help.  Together as a team they try to fix the wrongs of Faeverly but run into a lot of trouble.

The story is the first book in the series and whilst it doesn’t end on a cliffhanger, you will want to read the next book to find out what happens.
Fae Away is an action packed adventure with a young blossoming romance between Celyse and Julio.
Three stars to the first installment of the Far Bloodlines series. This was a fast-paced read about a human and fae meeting and falling in love, only to discover both their lives at stake.

Calyse is a fae, second born twin, and largely ignored by her High Queen mother.
Julian’s dad left him and his witch mother 18 years ago. Julian knows he has some basic witch powers and he can see ghosts. What will happen when Julian’s powers are put to the test in order to save Calyse?

The pacing of this story was excellent. If not for work, I would have finished in a day. The characters were lovable and easy to connect to. I found myself rooting for Julian and Calyse’s love, even though it seemed impossible.

Pick this up if you like fae books with love as the center storyline!
Book Review for Fae Away
Full feature for this title will be posted at: @cattleboobooks on Instagram!
Thank you to Netgalley and the Publishers for giving me the opportunity to read this book early!

I liked several things about this book: for once it was not a human falling in love with a fae and the faerie world, but the other way around.  It was also quite fast paced, and easy to get into.

It may just be that I love anything Fae (except for SJM), but I throughly enjoyed this book, and I think it would be a good one to get you out of a reading slump!
This is the kind of book i enjoy to read when ive read some hard hitting fantasy and need a palate cleanser. I know these kind of books wont be everybodies taste but i absolutely loved it.

Forbidden love is one of my favourite tropes and i loved how this book switched it up. Instead of a human girl falling in love with a Fae it was a Fae girl fallig in love with a human.

This book was paced brilliantly and i didnt find myself gettig bored. I happily read it in one sitting.

Thanks for an enjoyable read.
ONE OF THE BEST READS OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!
I seek words to describe this book, but it is so amazing that I am completely spechless. I admit my expectations were quite low because of a reading slump, but wow. Not only did I love the character development and the amazing history of the world they are inserted, but the mystery and forbidden love itself. I loved every second with it and just could not put it down. Can´t wait to read the second one and see what happens to my beloved Celyse, who I strongly identified with.
To the author, Rose Garcia, thank you so much for writing your ideas and showing them to the world. You have brought me much hope and joy. I will certainly be reading all your books from now on. Even living all the way in Brazil.
If you don´t know what to read next, please do yourself the favor of reading this perfect work of art.
Fae Away by Rose Garcia begins as Romeo and Juliet-esque novel, with a fantastical spin. Celyse, a fae Princess, and Julio, a seemingly normal human, experience love at first sight, as their forbidden passion is the driving force of this book. What this book cleverly does, is it takes common tropes and adds spellbinding touches, creating a magical world of twists and turns. The concept of the book drew me in instantly.

The book jumps right into the world of Faevenly, setting a fast pace that never ceases, and often speeds up.  There was a whirlwind of betrayals and intrigue and love. Personally, I found the fast pace to detract from the story at times, as a series of plot twists often came across as haphazard. Whilst the plot was intriguing, the rushed nature of events let it down. Additionally, the book often engaged in telling rather than showing. Nonetheless, I would not dismiss this book, and perhaps caveat it by saying it is aimed at a younger teenage audience. The colloquial and conversationalist tone supports this and makes for a simple read.

PUBLISHED REVIEW: www.kashminishah.weebly.com
PROMOTIONS ON: instagram @kashmini.creates
Thank you netgalley for a copy of this ebook.

This book read as a very typical YA fantasy romance, which while I do enjoy, can be too typical. That seems to be the case for this book. Celyse is a fae princess who meets a human named Julio, blahblah forbidden love/human vs fae/etc. It was a fun and fast paced read and I didn't dislike it but I'm not sure if I would pick up the sequel