Cover Image: The Soulmate Equation

The Soulmate Equation

This book was so cute. I fell in love with the writing from the beginning. The characters are fun and flirty without being contrite or annoying. I felt connected to them from the beginning. What an interesting concept for a dating company! I don't know what this writing duo knows about equations, but there were times I had no idea what was being said. I suppose leaving data analysis to the professionals is probably a good idea. Overall, this story was so sweet and fun, and was a great break between the thrillers I tend to read. I can't wait to read other novels from 'Christina Lauren.'
Sometimes you need a light and fun read to welcome in the summer months. I always know what I am getting when I read a Christina Lauren book: fun characters, comedic moments, and a happy ending. I fell in love with The Soulmate Equation, it was intelligent, funny, and the main character was an independent single mom with a cute and witty kid. I could easily see this turned into a movie or mini-series.

There were some laugh-out-loud moments in the book, and I loved the supporting cast of characters, especially Jess's best friend, the romance writer.

The Soulmate Equation is the perfect read for your next beach vacation.
Jess doesn’t date. For one, the process sucks — online dating is miserable (girl preach). But also Jess has Juno, her energetic 7 year old to think about. However, after her fab BFF Fizzy (a romance author) drags her on a tour of a buzzy new startup that uses science to find your matches. Jess, a scientist herself, opts into the program as a trial participant. And she has a near perfect — River. Aka the rude fellow coffee shop patron and co-founder of the startup.

This book had such a creative concept and I loved the sexual tension between River and Jess (and Juno and Fizzy were so fun!).

Genetically speaking, opposites attract. Our natural inclination is to be attracted to someone less like us (this works in the animal kingdom because less genetically similar = stronger breeding). Anyways, that’s not what the company in this novel found with their “science” but fact checking aside, it was a fun read for me!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (and all the 🔥🔥🔥)

LOVED the audio version. Patti Murin is a great narrator!
Christina Lauren is a hallmark author. What that means the reader goes into her books knowing what they're going to get. When I read Lauren's books, I'm going to get a story that is a fun start to finish. I authentically enjoyed this book! Jessica isn't a huge fan of dating; she is a single mom and doesn't like the idea of anything taking time away from her daughter. Plus, the men she's dated in the past were no diamonds. When she gets the opportunity to try a dating service that matches people based on their DNA, she is skeptical. But to get her friend off her back, she sends in her sample but changes the settings so it will only match her with perfect DNA matches. Jessica doesn't expect that an ideal test set does come back, and it's with the CEO of the company. If you are looking for a book on the perfect balance between fate and choice, you will truly love this story.