Cover Image: Siege of the Seven Sins

Siege of the Seven Sins

This is the second book in The Seven Sins series and WOW!!!  I just absolutely couldn't not put it down. I was at the edge of my seat while reading this book.

I do highly recommend this .
Due to some technical problems, I wasn´t able to read this book by the time it was archived. Despite that, I´m still very curious about this series and I can´t wait until I have the chance to read this promising book!
Eva and Ari, out of commonwealth and finally together.. or not? ??

I loved the first book a lot.. this one felt like a drag with repetition of events, change in plot, behaviors, and plans. I wasn't as curious to complete the book as I had expected. I felt disconnected from the main story and main characters and their goal. The genre itself felt shifted.

At first the 'Ari and Eva desperate to be close but kept apart' built excitement, however, it later felt like torture.. because They couldn't catch a break! And I started to stress out 🤭

The book did end on an intriguing cliffhanger. Which makes me excited for the 3rd book.
This is the second book from the Series The Seven Sins by Emily Colins, and I heartily enjoyed it! I had enjoyed the first book but at times it had felt slow, whereas this second book has none of that!

This series starts as a strictly dystopian type of world, with a post apocalyptic world similar to ours, and with Divergent vibes for me at times, but by the end of book one and well into the second book we start having a lot more of fantasy, which I absolutely loved!

Two chapters in and the story takes off a million miles an hour. Picking up right where we left off on the previous book, we find Ari & Eva with the Brotherhood, hunted by their previous brethren and running away from all they’ve known. Eva is carrying a secret she is desperately trying to hide from Ari, something she learned about herself during her imprisonment with the Executor.

I don´t know about you, but sometimes when I´m reading it´s similar to being underwater: you are so engaged with a story that it suddently feels like you´re coming out for air when you stop reading. That’s how gripping I felt book two started off and fortunately it continued that way for me. I enjoyed this book much more than the first one, and it was really entertaining throughout. Just like the first book, we pivot between each of our main characters and it’s perfectly done giving us much more insight into their thoughts and insecurities.

In terms of the romance between our main characters, there is much more angst between them, with difficulties to overcome that make you ache with longing. Even though it started a bit as insta love for me, this book really brought to home the relationship between them and the loving and comradership they have. It’s a struggle for them to find common ground, and it’s nerve racking for us as we wait to see what will happen. I absolutely loved it. Ari really broke my heart at times, and I felt his pain and anguish so much. I really really enjoyed his chapters.

It´s a quick read and highly entertaining. If you like dystopian-esque worlds, romance, some fantasy, this is a good series, especially this second book. Just remember that this series is not finished yet, therefore you may be left itching to hear how the story continues on the next book!
Eva and Ari continue their adventure and their unusual "romance".  The second of the series and even better than the first - more secrets and corruption revealed as well as some unanticipated and anticipated truths!  No spoilers - lots of adventure and intrigue - can't wait for the next one!  This just keeps getting better!
2 stars - I was sincerely hoping for something a little better. The forbidden love was a nice touch and how the author is going to put an end to also something I look forward to. However, the process was just too dramatic. There was just too much unnecessary dragging plot, the same repetitiveness for a little while but I sucked it up. I was hoping for this being a duology but I see that's not the case. Towards the end, the foreshadowing was too obvious, there was no wow plot twist, just a slight "oh I'm right" and then the end. The genres oh lord. why? There's just hopping between fantasy and sci-fi and dystopian and then comes in the modern era and back to fantasy and add in romance (which i don't mind) but still. There's too much of a clash. I do like how the author ends the books on a nice note. It's always a cliffhanger but not one that bothers me till the end. I might still continue the series when it comes out on Netgalley.
Annnnnd I'm done DNF @60%.

I really enjoyed book one, so why did the DNFing need to happen?

Why did the Curse of the Sequel have to happen?

I don't want to spoil it for others, so my grievance list shall be short.

Too. Much. Drama. Too much "I want to be with...., but I can't." Why? Well, because others said so.

The lack of backbone on these characters drove me crazy and it was so frustrating. Also, it came off as way too martyr-y for my tastes. Tastes that seem to have changed because the idea of the main lead sacrificing themselves "for the greater good" (which happens to include every manipulative side character out there) was definitely not to my liking anymore.

I repeat. Too. Much. Drama. Unnecessary.

Won't be reading any more of these books.

I voluntarily agreed to read a copy via Netgalley. My rating is 2 stars.
After finishing the first book in the series, I couldn't wait to start reading this one. And after finishing this book I wished the author had the 3rd book already. I have become not only invested in the romance with Eva and Ari but also Eva's powers. Of course now that the executor escaped being their prisoner I am dyeing to know what happens! And the little twist with evas family, I feel like it was almost obvious but it was still a twist. This book was just as great as the first one, maybe even better. I cannot wait for a third! I love all the paranormal aspects.
*I received a free copy of this ebook from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

This might be a strange thing to admit, but I was hoping this series was a duology. Now, however, I have to wait an indeterminate amount of time for the next book to come out. I haven't even found any information about whether or not a third book is actually forthcoming, but it had better be.

I still enjoyed the writing, which was on par with the first book. I didn't appreciate the use of certain language, however. There was some swearing in the first book, but I wasn't expecting the addition of the f word this late in the game. I could have done without it entirely.

To be completely honest, as much as I like Eva and Ari, they scare me sometimes. I understand their training as bellators means they are fighters. But occasionally, each of them seems to almost crave violence. It's a bit troublesome.

When I began reading the first book, I wasn't anticipating the sci-fi portion to take quite the turn that it did. It's kind of morphed into fantasy or something paranormal/supernatural. It's kind of weird, but not quite to the point that I dislike it. Borderline, at times, though. I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it.

Although I liked this book, I feel like it suffered from the dreaded Second Book Syndrome in many ways--relationship issues, new information that complicates everything, a second intended relationship match (though not a love triangle), etc. While the first book was full of angst while we waited for Eva and Ari to get together, the second book was full of pain and heartbreak because of circumstance and expected choices. And, unfortunately, it ends with a cliffhanger.

Note: Some swearing, including 2 f words. Violence. Sensuality.
Thanks to NetGalley and Blue Crow Publishing for an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Siege of the Seven Sins, book 2 in The Seven Sins trilogy continues right where we left off from the first book. Eva and Ari have escaped from the Commonwealth and are now with the Brotherhood. I don’t want to say too much because most of this is a spoiler for Book 1, but this book explores who Eva and Ari are and what they could potentially become.

I loved the continued banter in this book between our two main characters and how their relationship waxes and wanes. More of the side characters from book 1 get a more fleshed out story and we learn how the Commonwealth was formed and the lengths the Executor will go to to get Eva back.

I didn’t think it possible to like this book more than the first but it exceeded my expectations and I was so glad to be able to go straight into Siege after finishing Storm. How can I possibly wait for the third book?
Many thanks to NetGalley and Blue Crow Publishing for sending a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is another series that more people need to know about. I've grown invested in Ari and Eva's story and their world. I absolutely loved it and can't wait for the next book!
After reading the first book I knew I need to read the second one too. And it was as good as the first one. Totally loved it and I'd love to read more about the characters and the world.
IT JUST GOT TOO... WEIRD

Normally, I am all for originality and trying new, unexpected things in book. But the strange mix of science fiction and fantasy that is served in this book just got too weird for me.

👎 What I Disliked 👎

Genre confusion: The first book started out as a dystopian science fiction novel. And then at the end there was a major fantasy twist. I thought this book would reel it in a bit, but the opposite happened. Suddenly, we have mages and magic and shapeshifters all over the place. It did not work for me at all.

No progress: The plot moved along so slowly. It just kept going over the same thing over and over again for the first 2/3rds of the book. Eva and Ari were miserables, wanting to be together but not being able to be together. It was so angsty. And normally, I don't have a problem with angst. It just needs to be cut from time to time with something else, something to break the angst and give a respite. This just got depressing.

Characters: I had several issues with the characters. Firstly, of course, there was all of the angst. Secondly, I felt like the character were a lot more bland this time around as compared to the first book. Thirdly, I also felt like some of the characters were behaving inconsistently, suddenly changing their patterns of behaviour without any apparent reason.
I received an e-arc of this from NetGalley for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

This is the sequel to Sword of the Seven Sins and boy was I not disappointed with it!

While I will say the <b> FIRST </b> half of the book is very much teen angst of "I can't be with this person because they'll get hurt"  which don't get me wrong, I liked but after a while got old fast. I loved Eva and Ari so much though! The plot became a lot more simple than in book one which worked perfectly for this. We got to see the main characters fall in love and understand their relationship and decide what they had to do.

The plot was intriguing and kept a good flow throughout the entire book. It was action-packed and so many reveals came about, especially towards the end.

I can't wait to see what happens in book three! I can't wait to see more of Eva and Ari!
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so I was thrilled to start “Siege of the Seven Sins” by Emily Colins. This book picked up right where the last left off, with the characters Eva and Ari trying to navigate their relationship in the world they live in. I will say that this book drifted heavily into the romance category, and lost the plot a little bit along the way. But I really do love Eva and Ari, so I didn’t mind all that much. I think the first book was definitely more exciting, be this sequel really solidified some major character development and relationship development that I believe was really vital to the story.
Overall I think Emily Colins knocked it out of the park once again, and I cant wait to see where she takes this story and the characters in the next book.
This was an amazing sequel to the first book! Great and awesome read! The characters were very likeable!
I received this book as an eARC from Netgalley. All opinions are my own!

Eva and Ari may have escaped the Commonwealth, but they are far from free of its reach. Can they reconcile who they are becoming in time to save not only themselves but also those around them, or will they be caught in the Commonwealth's fire once again?

One of my favorite things about this book was how fast-paced it was! From page one the action was almost non-stop, and I could hardly put it down because of that. I was dying to know what would happen next and how the story would unfold, and stopping even for a bit was not an option!

I also very much enjoyed the continued world-building in this book. It was super interesting to see the shapeshifters in such a unique way. I felt like I had never seen a shapeshifter book like this before, and it only served to hold onto my attention even harder!

I really enjoyed watching the way that Eva and Ari grew in this book, not just together but also individually. They had a lot of self-discovering that needed to be done, and I loved watching them figure out who they wanted to be and what they wanted for themselves. Thinking of who they were at the start of the first book and who they are at the end of this book is so bittersweet and makes the story that much more real for me.

And don't even get me started on the plot twists and cliffhanger! I cannot wait to see where this story goes from here. If you are looking for a sci-fi/dystopian series that's full of action and real, raw characters, this is the series for you!
An objective 4-4.5 stars, but I loved this, so I'm giving it 5 stars. This series is so addictive. The world building is really interesting and the plot is strong, but the stand out feature is definitely the relationships. Ari and Eva's chemistry is unmatched. Admittedly, like with many other series, I preferred the first book to this one, as the plot was a bit more simple and we got to see the main characters falling in love, but this book was still really good. The author did a really good job at maintaining the tension and chemistry between Ari and Eva, even after they had gotten together at the end of the last book. I loved seeing them pining for and feeling protective of each other in their internal monologues. A few of the obstacles that prevented them from happily being together felt forced, but the character's decisions made sense in relation to the plot, and again, their chemistry is great, so I didn't really mind that the continued conflicts occasionally felt forced. Overall, this was a really fun and quick read, and I look forward to the next book in the series coming out!
I love everything about this book! It's really compelling and the the tension between the characters is excellent. I kinda wish I had read the first in this series but I don't feel like I've bee left behind in terms of plot which is good. The story is well-written and suspenseful!
*I received an eArc via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
“Siege of the Seven Sins” is the sequel to “Sword of the Seven Sins” and begins the day after Sword of the Seven Sins leaves off. The ending of Sword of the Seven Sins left me wanting to read more of Eva and Ari’s story and Siege of the Seven Sins did not disappoint! There is such a good plot and an awesome romance! Both Sword of the Seven Sins and Siege of the Seven Sins are very fast paced reads and can be read in one sitting.
I enjoyed reading this book and it was so hard to put down!