Cover Image: Chasing Wonder

Chasing Wonder

Thank you Net Galley for the opportunity to read this novel for a review.   Ginger Stache has lived a beautiful life.   She recounts many experiences that would make me green with envy if I had that emotion normally.   I read this book at a difficult time of my life when I have to rely on books to excite me.   But I have hope and I hope I learned enough from this book to take advantage of it.   Beautiful life and a beautiful read!
I love the personal stories that Ginger tells in her book.  This book is all about how to explore and experience wonder every day in your life.  I really love watching Ginger on tv, and on YouTube.  However, some of the book was a little dry.  I do like that she encourages people to discover their passions, and go beyond their comfort zones.  I agree that you never know where you will end up, or will God will lead you.
This was a really well written book and I can definitely see the potential, however this book just wasn’t for me......
I liked how the author is calling us to something more. We are made to have adventures, and to get out of our comfort zone and bring God to others. All of those things can be hard when we want to just stay in our bubble and do our own thing. I like that she introduces us to an adventure mentality. Anything and everything can be an adventure if we have the right mindset! I had a hard time staying engaged with this book, though. I think it was because I couldn't relate to the author very well. She has travelled extensively, whereas I have not. She kept telling her travel stories and I just didn't relate. Of course, that is a purely personal thing, nothing against the author at all.

Thanks to NetGalley for an advanced copy in exchange for my honest opinion.
( received complimentary e-copy from publisher )  While I found this read to be interesting, I had a difficult time staying connected to it.  Not sure why, but just did not pull me in like I had thought it would.
Life is to be an adventure, Stache says, filled with wonder. Such a life won't happen automatically though. We must pursue it and nurture a mindset of expectancy. She helps us learn how to do that with lessons from her own experiences.

Stache knows what she's writing about. She's on the staff with Joyce Meyer Ministries and has traveled the world. She shares many of her exciting adventures. Readers might be intimidated by the wild stories but Stache is quick to say that all the adventure God has planned for us is not necessarily around the world. It could be around the block. She says her own favorite adventures were those revolving around opportunities to love.

To prepare for adventure, whether it be across the world or across the street, Stache helps us cultivate an adventure mentality. She helps us learn how to delight in God's wonder all around us. She helps us understand what might be holding us back, such as fear of embarrassment or being uncomfortable or being vulnerable. She encourages us to blaze our own path with a willingness to stretch more than normal, always knowing the Father will be with us. Her book is a joy to read and she adds great practical steps to take at the end of each chapter.

If you are ready to leave your life of monotony behind, read this book. If you are ready to truly ask God what He would have you do, read this book. You might have to do something you'd never thought you'd do. The adventure with God awaits.

Food for thought: “God wants to amaze and surprise you.” (34/325)

I received a complimentary egalley of this book from the publisher. My comments are an independent and honest review.
Chasing Wonder
Small Steps Toward a Life of Big Adventures
by Ginger Stache
Worthy Publishing
Worthy Books
 Christian
Pub Date 15 Jun 2021

I am reviewing a copy of Chasing Wonder: Small Steps Toward a Life of Big Adventures through Worthy Publishing and Netgalley:

We can survive without adventure, by keeping our heads down and live in your comfort zone, doing only what you must to maintain the day-to-day. But life is meant to be a grand adventure!   Life should both surprise and wow us on a regular basis.  The problem is our days are so full of routine, monotony, and fear, that it is easier to stay on that treadmill of boredom than it is to step off into the unknown and discover something wonderful.

Ginger Stache believes that we are at our best when we live with an attitude that life is an adventure an outlook that sets the stage by believing that every moment has the potential to bring something amazing, a sight to behold, or a lesson to be learned.

Walking through the adventures of the author in Chasing Wonder may give you the inspiration to start your own.   And in doing so you will  make space for God to move in marvelous and unexpected ways.

I give Chasing Wonder five out of five stars!

Happy Reading!
Chasing Wonder by Ginger Stache is a book that calls you to adventure. The author writes with such enthusiasm about living life to the fullest. The stories and Scriptures really bring this book to life. I think it will be an encouragement to many. I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher with no obligations. These opinions are entirely my own.