Cover Image: THE THAMES PATH KILLER

THE THAMES PATH KILLER

I was hooked from the start, which is always a good sign.. I found the premise intriguing and finished the book in a day. I liked the fact it was set in an area that I am very familiar with.. I would recommend this book and will look out for future books by this author.
Thank you Netgalley and Joffe for allowing to read an advanced copy and to give my unbiased opinion.
I really enjoyed this book.  It was a great storyline with excellent characters.  I would highly recommend this book as it was a great read.
An OK read but it didn't really grab me that much. The main character DI Miller gets his first case - brutal rape and murder of a young woman on her way home. Rather quickly followed by more and similar murders. Miller has the inevitable problem girlfriend - can't take his dedication to the job over her. He's ambitious but making  insufficient progress that the boss brings in another team to help. Their female lead is not as bad as Miller's team feared and progress is made. The storyline is interesting if rather unpleasant but the characters, I felt, rather shallow and stereotypical (but I do read an awful lot of detectives stories). There is potential however and I would like to read others in the series. Thanks to NetGalley and Joffe Books for an advance copy in exchange for  my honest review.
Most interesting storyline serial stalks his victims for some time and has all their movements and habits before killing them a good read keeping the reader hooked till very end.
This is my first Biba Pearce book, but it certainly won't be my last.  The story was interesting and engaging from start to finish.  The characters were believeable.  I highly recommend this book to other mystery and police procedural readers.
I got to about 50% of this book and just didn't feel enough intrigue to continue. I liked the writing style as it wasn't a typical crime jargon that can often be confusing and off putting
I enjoyed the thrill of this book, it was fast paced and had me glued to find out who the killer was! Great read and looking forward to more from this author.
Thank you to NetGalley and Joffe Books for the ARC of this novel in exchange my honest review.

It's brilliantly well written plot and definitely it would grab your attention as a compelling thriller. The story line that hooked me from the beginning. Genuinely it's very hard to put it down as a real page turner. Great story with in-depth investigation and well developed characters made tightly tension in the story as they tried to figure out the crime. The police procedural certainly is engaging and fast paced throughout the whole fascinating story. There were lots of scary twists and turns along the way. I must say that it won't disappoint you. It's a easy read and compelling. I really enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to read more of this series.

Overall, it's a exciting and absorbing thriller, suspense from start to finish, is a real page-turner, filled with outstanding characters. It worth ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐I would definitely recommend this book to others.
This is a rewrite of a book written by the same author several years ago and the rewritten novel is a good read
There is a deranged killer stalking woman on the Thames path
The tension is there in each page of the book and I wanted to read more to see if they caught up with the killer but I am not saying if they do
There is some sex and violence but only to be expected
Overall the book is far better than the previous book and well worth a look
Thank you netgalley for the copy of this book
I enjoyed this book, it ticked all the boxes as a crime thriller. The rape scenes didn't distress me too much, I have certainly read books with much more violence involved in the murders. The end of the book did seem a bit rushed and I was surprised when it came to an end but all in all a good read
Omg wow, what a breathtaking, tension fuelled m, gripping read. I loved the mystery the characters all hard spark and felt believable and real. I loved the wit and camaraderie between them all even the tension and relationship difficulties between the main character and his Fiancè. Also I loved where the action is set and it just made it even more intriguing.... though it does make me think twice about taking that path down the Thames to Kew Bridge 😂. Absolutely excellent and I want more!!!!
This is a straightforward police procedural and I really enjoyed it. So many authors in recent years only produce psychological thrillers so it was a pleasure to find a new series of the type British crime writers have excelled in for so long. I had no sooner finished this book than I was checking to see if the author had released any other work which says it all in my opinion. Can't wait to read more about these characters.
What an incredible first book! D.I Rob Miller finds himself the lead investigating officer when a young woman is found strangled . First suspicions fall upon her fiancee but then other young women are found strangled in similar circumstances, all left posed close to the Thames pathway. As Rob looks at other cases he quickly realises he has a serial killer on his hands and who needs to be stopped before he kills again. Pressure is piled on the young officer as he races to catch the killer who is fixated on engaged young women. Newly engaged himself, Rob has to juggle his demanding workload with attempting to keep his beautiful fiancee happy.  This book has the makings of a great tv series. Well researched police procedural, tight storyline, likeable,engaging lead detective with good supporting cast. I look forward with great anticipation to the next book ! Fans of Faith Martin, Angela Marsons Helen Durrant will love this
I was immediately hooked on this one, as the area in which it’s set is very well-known to me.  The author’s knowledge of, or research into, the area is excellent.

A young, engaged woman is brutally murdered on her way home from work in Kew, and DI Rob Miller is assigned to it as senior investigating officer, his first case in charge. He’s determined to catch the killer but, before he and his team have much of a chance, there’s another murder.  Meanwhile, Rob’s home life with his fiancée Yvette is not going very well.

Because the team hasn’t been successful yet, the boss sends in an MIT from another London station, and nobody’s very happy about that.  The DCI, Jo, is actually really nice and very good at her job, so it’s not so bad for Rob after all. Are two heads better than one?

This book was, genuinely, very hard to put down and I will definitely be reading more from this author.

*Please note this book is a completely revised version of The Surrey Stalker.

Thank you to NetGalley and Joffe Books for an advance reader copy in return for an honest review.
When DI Rob Miller is given his first big case he is determined to solve it.  His personal life isn't going as planned but he needs to bring this killer to justice. No clues are found on the body of a young woman but then another young woman is found murdered in the same manner and DI Rob Miller realizes this case isn't a single murder but a serial killing.
    A story that kept me reading past my bedtime. I wanted to know all the details and it had me turning pages. I would love to read more by this author and look forward to many new books.
This is the first in a debut crime series by author, Biba Pearce, set in London and featuring ambitious London Met DI Rob Miller who finds himself as SIO for the first time, and therefore keen to prove himself, when the body of a young woman is discovered on a path by the River Thames, sexually assaulted and strangled.  The victim turns out to be a woman, Julie, engaged to be married to Justin.  Oddly enough, Miller himself is engaged to be married to his girlfriend, Yvette, not the most sympathetic of characters, manipulative and not happy with the hours he is putting in on the case.  It takes a while to get to grips to with what turns out to be a dark,, chilling and disturbing case that has other murders to take into account, involving the Surrey Stalker, a serial killer.  Miller finds himself working with a DCI, Jo, from Lewisham MIT.  This is a okay crime read, reasonably engaging that many other crime readers might enjoy.  Many thanks to the publisher for an ARC.
I think a better title for this book would have been “The Bridal Path Killer”, as it is about a serial killer who preys on brides to be. The story opens with a young woman brutally raped and murdered on the Thames Path of the title. This is a police procedural novel, the lead detective is DI Rob Miller, in his late 20s and this is his first big case. He is getting grief at home from his fiancé, who happens to be an underwear model, and who doesn’t appreciate the long hours he works. The book is told mostly through the perspective of DI Miller with some parts being told from the killer's point of view. The killer’s viewpoint is the usual narcissistic misogynistic revenge perspective common in this genre.  The pacing is good building to a climax at the end, but the characters are not strongly developed. The character of Rob Miller is not engaging enough to care about following him to future books. The story was competent but lacking in surprises to make it stand out from the field of police procedural novels. There are many of the standard tropes.

I would like to thank Netgalley and Joffe Books for an advance copy of The Thames Path Killer in return for an honest review.
The Thames Path Killer was a fast paced, almost cozy, read that I couldn't put down once I started. Rob Miller is a hard working London Detective Inspector with a fairly demanding fiance. When a young woman is murdered  in West London, he's given his first chance to head his own investigative team. After being a DI, with his department for two years this is the perfect chance for him to prove himself.  Unfortunately, his fiance is not as pleased.  When another young woman is murdered, in the same manner, the powers that be insist that his team works with one of the local Major Investigative Teams. The pace picks up from this point on as they race to find the Surrey Stalker.
I was gripped from the very opening paragraphs of this debut novel and new crime series by Biba Pearce!
The opening pages are an intriguing, but dark insight told through the eyes of the killer.  It plays like a film on screen, like a crash you know is going to happen, but you can’t do anything to prevent it.  His perspective is sprinkled throughout the main narrative, and this works really well.  It gives small clues to motive and method, gives an additional perspective and adds a malevolence to the whole novel.
Most of the narrative is told from the perspective of the police investigation, led by DCI Rob Miller who is in lead officer for the very first time.  Initially it looks as though the killer is someone with a grudge or a random attack however as evidence builds, it becomes clear something more sinister is happening.
The police procedural aspect is fast paced and fascinating.  I love the inclusion of profiling and the post-mortems to gain evidence and clues.  The tension felt through the characters as they struggle to solve the crime is intense and I imagine reflects how fraught and frustrating solving a murder must be.  There is a good balance of Rob’s personal life thrown in too which helps to bring his character to life and sets out a path for further novels in the series.
I really enjoyed the character of Rob Miller and I cannot wait to read more about him and his team in future novels.
An excellent crime novel and introduction to a new series.
This is a good British police procedure novel. It has a relatively good balance of investigative technique and character development. DI Rob Miller makes a good debut appearance as a lead investigator. He is a little unsure of himself but is ambitious. He doesn't seem to make any mistakes in his first case as lead which was a bit surprising. One rape and murder turns in to two and the pressure is on for Miller. A more experienced team is brought in to help with the investigation and it was a bit surprising that Miller got on well with them.

There was perhaps a bit more personal life of DI Miller in this novel than I would have liked. Miller spends so much time on the case his fiancé becomes frustrated. Her place in the novel becomes more important later on but I did not appreciate the sexual tension and expression between the two.

Potential readers should know that the book opens with a violent rape and murder scene. This might be a trigger situation to some readers. Also, this book is a revised edition of The Surrey Stalker released a few years ago.

I like Pearce's writing style and the way the investigation is plotted. She is a new author to me and I will be looking for more from her.

I received a complimentary egalley of this book from the publisher. My comments are an independent and honest review.