Cover Image: How to Marry Keanu Reeves in 90 Days

How to Marry Keanu Reeves in 90 Days

Here are the things I loved:

The representation.
The slow build.
The friends to lovers relationship.

Here are the things that seemed to grate on my last nerve:
The heroine's immaturity, self-indulgence and constant vacillation.
The plot was propelled almost exclusively by external events, with little to no character development.
The writing style was too simplistic for my tastes.

Thank you to Read Forever and Netgalley for the opportunity to read this arc in exchange for an honest review.
No pude terminarlo, enserio trate de poder leerlo y no me llamo la atención para nada, sorry pero gracias a netgalley por el libro a cambio de una honesta reseña
This one was wild in the best way possible. Love friends to lovers? Love obsessing over your favorite celebrities? Love black love? Love Keanu? Then this book is for you!
Thank you NetGalley & Forever for giving an eARC in exchange for my honest review!

Overall review: 4 out of 5 stars.

This book really hit home for the comfort. We follow the dual POV of Lu & Tru (like cmon, you knew they were meant to be) Tru helps Lu as they road trip to stop Keanu Reeves from getting married. At some parts of the book I really enjoyed that the characters (especially Lu w/ using Keanu as that sense of cope) actually worked through trauma and put a focus on mental health. I loved the banter and the fact that our main characters weren’t in their 20s-30s but in their 40s and working through what more mature adults go through. I will say I did feel like at some parts of the book , it didn’t feel like they were acting like they were in their 40s. I did understand as I read further along but I do wish that we got more of Lu working through some of that trauma to really help understand the obsession she had with Keanu. The special appearances by other celebrities was a treat in the book. I love how we watch Tru and Lu open their eyes to each other; this book does the friends to lovers trope well!
I think this one will hit better with people more familiar with Keanu Reeves. I really adore the author, writing, and characters, but I think my Keanu Reeves knowledge gap prevented me from loving this one fully.
Thanks to Forever for an advanced copy of How to Marry Keanu Reeves in 90 Days.

I wanted to love this more than I did -- This has so much that is in my things I love, but unfortunately the main character Lu was too immature for me. I couldn't believe that she was in her 40s.

This was a funny and witty book and I loved the friendships between the characters and the road tripping.
The cover just grabbed me and I simply had to read this book. The premise is cute and it’s a light hearted read with serious moments. True is a prince among men and I just had to keep reading to see how long it took Lu to realize what was in front of her all along. The scenes with True and Lu in the “a resort” accommodations were hilarious. I also had to find out if Lu achieved her goal—finding Keanu!!! I spent a stormy afternoon escaping into this delightful rom-com. It’s not elusive like Keanu so make sure to pick up a copy.
How to Marry Keanu Reeves in 90 Days is a fun journey of a woman desperate to get her life together and to meet Keanu Reeves. I struggled a bit to understand the main character and her thoughts. There is definitely opportunity to dig deeper and the romance seemed promising, but I couldn't connect and unfortunately decided to put this one aside.

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley and am voluntarily posting a review. All opinions are my own.

How to Marry Keanu Reeves in 90 Days has a quirky, attention grabbing title and  premise, but I feel like it fell down a lot in execution. It just wasn’t what I thought it would be going in, and I feel let down.

For one, the heroine, Bethany Lu, is over forty, yet she actively wants to marry Keanu, even hatching this ridiculous plan to stop him from marrying someone else. I was willing to cut her some slack, given it is partly a distraction from trauma, and I myself had obsessive celeb crushes when I was a tad too old to be having them. However, even so, it just seemed a bit much for me, especially when I couldn’t find much else that was endearing about her. I did appreciate seeing that she was still figuring her life out, as while I did expect some emotional maturity, I felt her situation otherwise felt very realistic for people about her age today.

And True just wasn’t a captivating love interest at all…and I love friends to lovers! I did like that he was willing to help Bethany Lou out, but other than that…*snore*

The quirky writing and the fact that it doesn’t take itself too seriously kept me engaged, even if I wasn’t invested in the characters. I did really like the celebrity cameos and the hijinks of the journey, if nothing else.

While I didn’t love this one like I hoped, that’s not to say you won’t. If you like celebrities (especially Keanu!), and want a lighthearted read with a quirky lead (albeit sometimes overly so), you might enjoy this.
Thank you @readforeverpub for a copy of this book. This was a fun friends to lovers story filled with some fun adventures and celebrity sightings.  My biggest struggle with this book is that I don’t expect a 40 year old to find Keanu and persuade him to marry her. If you don’t think about that aspect, the book is a lot of fun.
I am so disappointed because I was initially enjoying this book, however, I just could not  connect to Bethany Lu’s character.  I am a sucker for a friends to lovers troupe so I thought I understand the plot of this book but also I thought the characters where younger. The fact that Bethany is over forty and acting as nonsensical as she was grated on my nerves. I also thought her friends encouraging her obsessive behavior was a little much. I get supporting your friend but going forth with her mad plans was crazy especially since she was risking her career and blowing off business deals.

Overall, this was an okay read even if it was a little disappointing. read. Thank you to NetGalley and Forever (Grand Central) Publishing for the Arc in exchange for an honest review.
I laughed so hard at this book. The idea of a grown adult having such a deep obsession with a celebrity but this was done in such a fun way. This book also had a great road trip elements which I love. This also had a great trope at its center. Honestly this was just a fun romance overall!
Thank you NetGalley, K.M. Jackson, and Forever Publishing for sending me a free ARC copy of How to Marry Keanu Reeves in 90 Days in exchange for an honest review.

This book took me on a journey about love, loss, grief, and friendship and boy was it worth the ride! The storyline was engaging and the multiple POVs were well utilized in this one. My favorite character was definitely True. I just loved how he was so supportive of Lu by never judging her for being so independent and for the ways she coped with the loss of her brother. He really knew her and loved her for who she is. I’m a fan of the friends-to-lovers troupe and this one kept me wanting more!

I think the only issue I had with this storyline was if a woman in her 40s would really react the way that Lu did when she found out about her celebrity crush. The beginning of the book made me wonder a bit where the story was going to go, but I’m happy to say, that once Lu and True’s journey started, I really enjoyed how the story focus shifted and it ended up being a great read!
How to marry Keanu in 90 days is a fun and chaotic romcom about successful artist and Keanu Reeves enthusiast: Bethany Lu, who goes into a panicked frenzy after finding out her long-time fave is getting married. Her and true (haha get it, bc he’s her true love), her childhood bestie go on a road trip to stalk Keanu across the west coast.

Super fun and very romcom-y. And i’m a sucker for a friends to lovers and all the angst of the reluctance of changing the relationship to a romantic one. so i definitely had fun. some of the dialogue is a little stilted but ultimately a really fun and short read. Would def rec
Thank you netgalley for the advanced copy
Bethany Lu Carlisle is about to embark on a whirlwind journey — to stop Keanu Reeves from getting married in 90 days. Her best friend True has agreed to help her catch Keanu at any chance given, but will Lu realize the true love of her life is closer than she might think?

This is a funny friends to lovers story with a unique premise. I mean, would you stop your celebrity crush from marrying someone so you can instead? (I’m looking at you, @simuliu 👀) All jokes aside, this was a quick comedic read and would recommend to anyone who wants a love story that will make you laugh! I definitely did at Lu’s spontaneous decisions and outgoing personality. I think it would have been a higher rating for me if there was less internal monologue -- while it helped progress the story, I found it to be too overwhelming at times and thought it took away from the overall progression of the story.
As I was reading this book I felt like I could see it playing out on the big screen. There were so many fun cameos from big name superstars and silly situations that I was both laughing, crying, and swooning.

Lu and True are long time best friends who have been kinda circling each other for years when Lu finds out Keanu Reeves is going to get married in 90 days. She is a little Keanu obsessed so like any other person would do who is trying to procrastinate real life, she sets out to find Keanu and convince him to marry her instead. True, being her best friend decides to help in her hair brained scheme and off they go on a cross-country adventure.

I enjoyed all the silly antics and the long looks they gave each other. You can really feel their friendship deep in your bones but more than that the love they have between them is a tangible object in every space they occupy. My heart broke for them when things didn't pan out and I wanted to grab one of the more than once and tell them to make better choices. These two really got under my skin and I'm so glad I read this story of fan-girling, falling in love, and friendship.
This book was a laugh riot to me. Bethany was too old to have such an obsession over Keanu, but here we are. . I loved the BFF, friends-to-lovers, road trip aspect of the whole thing. We do get to the root of Bethany's obsession, which made me have sympathetic feelings to her.
This is a phenomenally fun, funny and interesting rom-com. A great quick easy read that is captivating and entertaining. I was hooked at Keanu but stayed for Tru, Lu and the whole celebrity and non-celebrity gang! This was one of my favorite novels this year.

It is a well written novel with great characters and great character development, as well as a fun storyline. I was a bit hesitant as I first started reading thinking, "Keanu Reeves is really getting married in 90 days, what in the heck? And why is this Lu gal so involved?" But this novel is so well written and the storyline is 1 in a million and worth a read!

Trust me if you are a romance reader, a rom-com reader, love pop culture or are just a fan of Keanu Reeves you will adore this novel as much as I did!
First, I have to say that the title is an attention grabber! I'm not a huge Keanu Reeves fan but even I was interested in this book! This was a really fun book to read. I have to admit that the story line felt disjointed to me in parts but it came together quickly and I thoroughly enjoyed the witty banter and adventures that Lu and True went on. And I squealed at some of the characters that made an appearance! The story definitely took us on an enjoyable ride. Even with the book being light and comedic, there was also some underlying seriousness with the feelings of a tragic death that has affected both of them that added more depth to the characters and their relationship. I loved where we left them at the end.

**Thanks to @netgalley and @readforeverpub for the ARC in exchange for my review!**
An incredibly unique premise... but in practice, I found Bethany Lu's obsession with Keanu frustrating.