Cover Image: This Love Kills Me

This Love Kills Me

Compelling thriller, written well, you’ll get sucked in by the interesting characters.
A really good read made easier by the talented writing.
Wow, wasn’t expecting such a phenomenal, realistic read; but it definitely was one!  Very well  written, with great characters that are developed in a realistic way!  Multilayered and tense!  Highly, highly recommend!
I loved this book so much!! I am shocked that I am just now reading a book by this author.

This story had me on the edge of my seat until the end, I read this book in one sitting, it is a very suspenseful, binge-worthy read for sure.

A housewife who takes up writing, she becomes a huge hit and top of the NYT best-selling authors. That was her husband's dream, so while she feels guilty at stealing his dream, her millions get dished out to his family members. When she wants to stop them from sucking her dry!! Something goes terribly wrong for her on the annual family cruise..
The mysterious disappearance of a successful author and mother on a family cruise is the crux of this engaging story. When another young woman starts to look into this disappearance a few years later, it throws everyone surrounding the disappearing writer under a cloud of suspicion...
I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book had multiple storylines going around, I personally was more invested in story of her past in the Brothel than her present revenge storyline.

I thought her whole fixture on Tony, going from hate to lust in a split second was not believable, and her whole relationship to Brooke was far- fetched too.

My last fleeting thoughts was, wouldn't it be a jaw- dropped if the B wasn't Bill, Barbara, but Brooke?
It felt like there were two competing stories here and the MC was very selfish and kind of childish. I liked it well enough but not enough that it will stick out in my mind. Thanks Netgalley for the digital copy in exchange for an honest review.
I like the story. It seems so real and belivable. At some poits cruel because oh minorty abusal themes. I like this confusion Annie Adams had in mind but she managed to remain human.

Annie worked for an attorney who was quite obsesed to find the true haw her client, an famous author gone missing Brook is determinated to found what really happened the day Julia Rose disapear on the boat. Annie knows more and starts to help her. She has got Julia's diary. How she get it I can not tell but I can tell all her in law family is suspected. Of course the gold medal of suspects go to the husband. But is he the killer or someone else? Read this book of passion and dreams, rescue. Strong and feminist. Love kills but also bring and safe lifes.

Special thanks to Netgalley.com and Burbank Book for a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Wow!  Quite a read!  Totally didn’t expect the subplot, and it definitely kept my interest in the book - great ending!
When a famous author dies under mysterious circumstances with no body recovered and a lot of money at stake it is bound to raise suspicious. However the family is treating it like an accident so things settle down as the years progress. However three years after the death a mystery woman named Annie show up on the family's door step claiming to be able to help now widower, Tony, make a lot of money. But as her obsession with finding out what happened to Julia grows so does her involvement with Julia's family, and it is that involvement that leads her down a dark path full of danger, and deception. I really enjoyed everything about this book! It gave you everything I love as a reader, a fast paced story that I was unable to put down, characters I loved and characters I loved to hate, lots of mystery and a story line that I will be talking about for a long time to come. Whelan knocks this book out of the park again and just earned her spot as one of my favourite top thriller authors. I can't get enough of her books and if you haven't read any of them before then I highly suggest that you do but get ready for a life long commitment because no one else will be able to compare to the pure gold that she puts forth. Great read, just like all of her others this is one that will have you talking about for a while, so check it out.
To celebrate William and Barbara Rose's 35 wedding anniversary - the two go on a cruise to Cabo. Their son, Tony and his wife (millionaire author) Julia Rose accompany them.

On just the second day at sea, Tony reports that his wife is missing - this to the ship's Captain. Tony mentions also that Julia had drank the night before and was acting out...

It turns out that someone did argue with Julia on the night in question. Unfortunately, the CCTV was unable to capture the identification of who she was arguing with. After the argument, the CCTV did show Julia walking alone.

Accident? Suicide? Homicide? MISSING???

However, we learn that someone is out for revenge...

Yet - is Julia still alive?

An amazing story. HIGHLY recommend!

Many Thanks to Burbank Books and NetGalley for a great read.
This is a story told by Annie, assistant to lawyer Brooke, it is an investigation into the murder of Julia who was once a famous author until she fell over the side of a cruise ship. Annie and Brooke are trying to find out who pushed her overboard deliberately. Was it her husband Tony or one of the other members of his despicable family who had all been living off of Julia’s money which she was about to withdraw?
The tension mounts from the first page and builds throughout the chapters. Topics range from infidelity to hypochondria to selfishness to child sex trafficking as well as murder. Each is handled with a deft touch.
If you want to read an intriguing mystery that centres around a murder and dysfunctional family, look no further.
I could not put it down thoroughly enjoyable book with lots of twists and turns.
I just read "This Love Kills Me", by A.B. Whelan.  The story focusses on the death of a beloved woman and mother of a small child, who is thrown off a boat during a cruise with her husband and his family.  After three years and no answers, the quest for the truth continues which an on-line group who wants justice, a former lawyer, and a mysterious young woman who has led a troubled life of her own and wants to see justice done to the young woman.
While the premise is promising and some parts of the book were indeed interesting, there was too much that didn't capture my interest.  I did finish the book, because I wanted to know who the killer was, but even that reveal left me dissatisfied.  First of all, the main character was extremely flawed which made her rootable, but she made so many bad decisions in the book, that I became irritated with her.  Second of all, there were alot of subplots which were not satisfactorally answered for me.  If I write about them here, I will give away too much.
Suffice to say that the ending was not what I hoped it would be.  I was disappointed with the ending and relieved that the book was over so that I could read something else.  I felt the author's writing style was a little young for my taste.  There were parts of the story which made me uncomfortable to read and there were so many sub stories that were introduced but not expanded on.
Thank you to Net Galley for providing me with a free copy.  I wish I enjoyed this novel more, but at the end of the day, it just wasn't my favourite.
#thislovekillsme, #whodidit, #mysterythriller
Thanks to NetGalley and Burbank Books for an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review.

2 stars

Trigger warning-rape.

Too many inconsistencies in the story that I found distracting.  I spent way too much time going back and rereading parts to see if I remembered things correctly.  I should have DNF earlier.

Main character Annie makes one awful choice after another.
A young woman goes missing from a cruise ship and a mystery surrounds her death in this book, This Love Kills Me by A.B. Whelan. I do enjoy a missing persons story especially when something happens on a cruise ship and there’s a wealthy family involved.

Here’s what you need to know:

A family cruise. A murder. A mystery. Secrets and lies. Sex and betrayal.

Trusting her in-laws was her first mistake.  Julia Rose, an acclaimed millionaire fantasy author, wife, and mother to a young boy, disappears on a family cruise. Did someone push her overboard? Or did she fall?

Three years after the incident, a beautiful young woman shows up in Manhattan, calling herself Annie Adams. With the help of Julia’s former attorney, Annie establishes herself as the new estate manager of the Rose family. But Annie didn’t take the job to make Julia’s widower richer. She is in the city to find out who tried to kill Julia and why, and make them pay.

When her dedication turns into obsession, Annie has to decide if she is willing to pay the high price for bringing justice.

This book veered into something I didn’t anticipate! Whew! It’s heavy and pretty intense! I wasn’t sure about the character of Annie, she was (to me) an unreliable narrator who I didn’t know if I could trust. Actually, I didn’t trust anyone in this book so I was definitely questioning everything.

This is out now!
DNF @ 50%.

The premise sounded interesting but when I started reading the whole thing seemed too far fetched to me. I couldn't connect with the story and didn't care enough about how it ended to continue on.
A binge-worthy read of a missing millionaire author and a friend obsessed with finding out the truth and bringing her justice from the author of 'As Sick as Our Secrets', '14 Days to Die', and "If I Had Two Lives'.

A family cruise. A murder. A mystery. Secrets and lies. Sex and betrayal.

Trusting her in-laws was her first mistake.

Wow! A real heart pounder! I loved this book! It was thrilling, it had intrigue, suspense, and lots of heart pounding moments! Lots of twists and turns!! Definitely some jaw dropping moments! I highly recommend reading this book! Its well worth the thrill! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
This Love Kills Me is a fast-paced psychological thriller with characters you will not soon forget. From Tony to Brooke , Julia and Annie i loved each one. I have read a lot of books so far this year. Some have been off the charts good , some were terrible ,and some that were so so. This one is definitely a OFF the charts AMAZING for me. If i could give it 10 stars i would.
I really, really wanted to like this book. I loved both of Whelan's previous books but this one was just too much for me. The plot summary seemed really good; everyone is trying to find out if famed author Julia Rose committed suicide, had an accident....or if someone killed her by shoving her overboard on their annual cruise.

However, I felt like the book threw all its cards on the table in the first chapter. In what seemed like consecutive sentences it went from a believable murder mystery to a completely unbelievable plot: She's not dead! She survived the multi-story fall! Into cold water! Dolphins pulled her semi-conscious body to shore! But oh, no, it's not the US, it's Mexico! And not touristy Mexico, sex trafficking Mexico! And now she's part of the sex trade!.... but oh wait she died anyway. My head was spinning and I hadn't even finished the first 1/5th of the book.

I tried my best to suspend my disbelief about Julia's survival and her situation in Mexico hoping for a more realistic plot: maybe Annie found Julia's diary while she was on vacation in Mexico and is doing some armature sleuthing? But no, the Brooke/Annie plot was outrageously unrealistic as well. Brooke has the entire Rose house bugged with audio and video and none of the half dozen occupants ever notices? She's an attorney who has the time to watch the Roses all day? And- shocker- Annie falls for Tony...after playing Julia's voice at all hours of the morning to convince him Julia is haunting him?

I kept going. I love AB Whelan and the last two books were great so I kept going even though I was pretty done with it. I was hoping for some sort of viable resolution... but then not one but two of the Roses are thrown overboard on a cruise they went on (who would ever go on another cruise after their relative was thrown off of one  anyway???) and one was recovered because the crew was in on the fact that someone would be thrown over but the second one, no, no one planned for THAT!

I still love Whelan, and I know the other books also required some suspension of disbelief but this one was just way, way too unbelievable for me. This book just killed me.
This Love Kills Me by A.B. Whelan started off with a bang! However, as I kept reading the feeling of anticipation wore away. The ending was lackluster.

Julia Rose, a wealthy, well-known author, mother, wife, disappeared during a family cruise. What happened to this woman? There are numerous people to point the finger at, and Annie Adams with the help of her friends are determined to find the truth, and make whoever is responsible pay.

Thank you to Netgalley and Burbank books for this ARC.
Happy Publication Day! 🎉 Well this was a page turner! What happened to Julia Rose? That’s the mystery that draws you in, but Whelan takes us on a dark journey of revenge that will keep you up reading into the morning hours. Don’t miss this one, available for purchase now! Thank you to Netgalley, Burbank Books and A.B. Whelan for access to this ARC in exchange for my honest review.