Cover Image: The Bloom Girls PREVIEW (Ch 1-4)

The Bloom Girls PREVIEW (Ch 1-4)

I am so happy that I read this preview of the first four chapters!  I am so intrigued by this story and can't wait to read the rest.  I love that it centers around a mother and her grown child, and is told from both of their points of view.  This is a dynamic that isn't featured often in the romance books I gravitate toward, so I can't wait to read the rest of the story!
This book is so good! Described as Gilmore girls meets My Big Fat Greek a wedding, aka two of my favorite thing ever! I love the traveling aspect of Gabi being abroad while her mother has this major secret from her. I can’t wait to read the rest of the book!
I'm not a very big fan of insta-love type romances, where instead of there being chemistry and build-up, the characters just sort of manifest feelings for each other and mutually decide to act on them. As a result, I'm not as interested in Gabi's plotline as I am in Alissa's. That being said, the premise is actually quite engaging, and this book as a whole should prove an interesting read, if the first four chapters are anything to go by.
Loveeeed this preview of The Bloom Girls. Enjoyed how Gabi and her mother Alissa follow the signs that bring them to find romance, make friendships and stay strong with the struggles they go through in their lives. Looking forward to continuing chapters in the full copy of this heartfelt book.
Gabi Bloom is 22 years old and taking her first trip abroad after graduation. She's in Galway, Ireland, when she "runs into" handsome Ethan on the street. At the end of her 8 week vacation, she's in love and so is he. Meanwhile back in Chicago, Gabi's mom, Alissa, is excited for her return. Alissa is single, owns a bakery, and isn't feeling go good. A welcome home party is planned, but the surprises aren't, including the news that Gabi's globetrotting Dad, Matthew is back in town for good. Whew, this was just the first 4 chapters! Can't wait to read the rest to find out what happens. This book hooked me from the beginning. If the rest of the book is as charming, fun and surprising as the first 4 chapters, it's bound to be successful. I certainly recommend it, but recommend you read the whole thing! Thank you, NetGalley for the preview and look forward to the remainder.
This was a cute book intro and I enjoyed reading the first 4 chapters! This sounds like a fun family drama and I agree that Gilmore Girls fans would enjoy this book.
This was such a sweet story following a mother and daughter as they realize that the answers to life don't come with age. I immediately loved the Bloom girls who were messy but funny as they navigated family dynamics and secrets. Their overbearing family members were relatable and entertaining and always had the best intentions. There were great conversations as mother and daughter navigated career goals and growing up (and apart). They both recognized it's okay to not always have it all together and that it's never too late for a fresh start.

Pick this one up if you're looking for a multi-generational story about second chances and fresh starts.
I personally didn’t love the preview just because the story feels very cheesy to me overall. However, it was also very sweet and while the book is not for me, I believe many will adore it!

Thanks NetGalley for this preview.
This book is described as Gilmore Girls meets My Big Fat Greek Wedding and after reading this sampler I understand the comparison. The banter is very quick and helped the first four chapters of the book fly by. I'm not a fan of the insta-love that happens in the beginning of the book, but I understand it's purpose. After reading this sampler, I am very interested to see how the story progresses and will definitely be reading once it is available.
I haven't read anything by the author before, but she managed to capture my attention with this short preview of her upcoming book. I'm really looking forward to reading the entire book when it comes out in August!

If you like Gilmore Girls, you'll like this book a lot seeing as Gabi and her mother's story have a resembling dynamic. It can be grasped that this book will be light and funny and perfect as a summer read.
OMG this author has my heart. The Bloom Girls preview is totally enthralling. I'm looking forward to reading the whole book asap!!

Reading how Gabi and her mother's story had so many overlaps and these early chapters remind me so much of the Gilmore Girls and I cannot wait to read the rest. When we meet Gabi she is traveling in europe and meeting a very handsome guy and everything is so dreamy!!

You can also tell how funny this book is from very early on!
This was a really cute start and sneak peek into The Bloom Girls. Cute premise, fantastic setting, and what seems to be a great start to the character arc. I'll be picking up a copy when it comes out! I'm excited for the Jewish representation as well!

Thank you Netgalley and Forever for the ARC preview.
The Bloom Girls is a heart-warming story about how a mother and daughter face individual life-changing events in a loving, angst-filled multigenerational Jewish family. The drama is hilarious!
Thank you Netgalley and Forever for the ARC to read and review.

The Bloom Girls.  Gabi falls in love unexpectedly while in Europe on a solo trip after college.  Alissa discovers she’s pregnant at 40  again from a one night stand with her ex.  Complicated relationship dynamics and a lot going on at one time in this story.

Pace is slow, but great character development.  Jewish elements laced within the story.

Overall a decent contemporary women’s fiction novel.
I have only read 4 chapters of this book, but I can say this with 100% confidence that I'm gonna love the book when it comes out. Because this preview was absolutely amazing. I literally can't wait for this to be released.

I love a good second chance trope, and Mathew and Alissa were simply amazing. I can't wait to read how they fall for each other again. They seemed to be made for each other. Also, I am laughing imagining Gaby's reaction to the surprise. I love Mathew and Alissa so much.

Also, Gaby and Ethan. I'm gonna be honest I loved Gaby's parents love story more than hers. But that no way means I didn't enjoy reading the 2 chapters from her perspective. I loved the meet cute scene of Gaby and Ethan. She is such a sunshine. I loved how she talks first then think. They both are adorable.

I had a smile on my face the entire time I read this preview.

Five stars for this preview.
2 STARS
⭐️ ⭐️
*********
I know it sounds really bad but I cringed so hard reading this, and I was so relieved it was over, unbelievably comforted that there were no more pages left in the 70 page sampler I’d received from NetGalley.
I will not be purchasing the book and I will definitely not attempt to read it again.
It was a fast paced read in the sense that a dialogue like this could definitely be put in this book
<spoiler>
A: We just met, I’m instantly attracted to you and can’t get away from you and I will ignore the fact that you’re a total stranger and I’m in a place I’ve never been before an ocean away from my family or friends and just kiss you.
B: I will follow you wherever you go because I’m in love with you, marry me?
A: yes.
</spoiler>
Also, did we really have to add that stupid detail about the parents allowing the daughter to feel like she’d been a mistake?
Another very aggressive also, why did we have to throw a pregnancy in there? And comparison between siblings who have gone to med school and others who bake for a living?
I feel so negative from the first 10 pages alone.
I’m sorry but I disliked this so much I can never ever try and read anything related to it ever again.
I enjoyed this chapter sampler of The Bloom Girls! Gabi travels in Ireland the summer after college, not planning to catch the eye of a handsome American bartender. Alissa isn’t planning to take a pregnancy test before Gabi arrives home. Needless to say, it promises to be a season of surprises and complications for them both. I definitely got a bit of a Gilmore Girls vibe from this book. Alissa and Gabi clearly have a very close relationship, so I’m excited to see that further explored. This seems like it would be a sweet read, focusing on romance and family bonds. The Bloom Girls releases August 3, 2021. Thank you to Amy Pine, Forever (Grand Central Publishing), and Netgalley for a chapter sampler in exchange for honest feedback.
The Bloom Girls is an adorably sweet romance between Gabi and Ethan who meet in Ireland.  As Gabi is about to take a picture of the beautiful scenery, Ethan on a scooter, dodges her and hits a pole, it is live at first sight!  Once she returns home after two months, bringing Ethan home to meet her parents there will be more than one unexpected announcement!!! Alissa and Matthew, her parents, although divorced, have some explaining to do!!! This is only a four chapter review and I can’t wait to read the rest!! A really fun engaging read.#TheBloomGirls#NetGalley
I loved this preview of The Bloom Girls! I have read and enjoyed a number of the author's other books, too. She does a wonderful job creating relatable and interesting characters and a story that is impossible to put down.

Gabbi and her mother Alissa are both at crossroads in their lives. Gabbi recently graduated from college and is in love for the first time. Alissa is almost 40 and unexpectedly finds herself pregnant by her ex-husband.

This story have me Gilmore Girls vibes in that we are getting the drama, romance, and more from both mother and daughter. However, this is definitely a unique and engaging story all its own.

I cannot wait to read the rest of the book!