Cover Image: For Vacation Only

For Vacation Only

this book was so precious! i highly recommend this book to anyone that loves a good escape story! it was just so delightful to read and i enjoyed every single second! thank you again, netgalley!!!
This is honestly exactly what I needed. Everything about this book was absolutely perfect and the hero upped my standards by like a million. The heroine was SO relatable and the scenery was so well described it felt like I was literally in this book! I was so invested in the characters well beings and felt everything they were feeling and enjoyed this tremendously.
A silly, happy rom-com For Vacation Only is brain candy. A kind handsome millionaire is left at the altar by his fiancee and decides to go on the honeymoon cruise alone in a spur of the moment decision to reinvent himself. A bubbly sweet cruise singer who is a little bit down on herself after being dumped by her on again off again boyfriend makes a similar decision to reinvent herself. They meet by chance and spend the cruise together touring the sights and falling in love. The only question is will they tell each other how they feel? Are their worlds too different for this to last? Will it be For Vacation Only?

#ForVacationOnly #NetGalley
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘷𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥. 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘪𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺. ⁣
💫⁣
⁣
When his fiancée leaves him at the altar, a billion dollar heir Blake Mulligan decides to go on their honeymoon cruise alone. Once on board, he meets a cruise singer Jubilee from Brooklyn. From the moment he hears her voice, she takes his breath away. They decide to have a fling for vacation only. Soon enough they realise that their paths were meant to cross in one way or another.⁣
⁣
Blake’s character wasn’t what I expected at all. He was this sweet, thoughtful, awkward and caring man. Just like Clark Kent (IYKYK). Even you could tell that he was from a wealthy family, Blake didn’t show it too much. That is what made me love him even more. His blushing also has something to do with it. ⁣
⁣
His love interest Jubilee is like a ray of sunshine in his grey life. Her aura is bright and colourful. That is exactly what attracts him too. Every moment with her is a new adventure for him. She is one of a kind (like he describes her in the book). I totally agree with Blake here!⁣
⁣
Also, the chemistry between him and Jubilee was sweet and enthralling. These two people from different worlds cane together and had something beautiful between them. Blake, Jubilee and their romance are what I enjoyed the most about this book (in addition to side characters like Dawson and Holt).⁣
⁣
It was also wonderful to read a travel romance where they visit many of my favourite destinations. Athens and Barcelona are both on my top list of European destinations. Not to forget Rome where you could easily eat your weight in gelato! ⁣
⁣
If you are looking for a lyrical travel romance, For Vacation Only should be your next read. It was my first Mila Nicks book but not my last!
I can’t lie, I wanted to read this for the cover. I knew this would be a feel-good, easy, and cliché summer read. And it made the perfect story for the sunshine. I have only read one of Nicks’ books before, Love’s Recipe, and the romance aspect is what earned the stars. For Vacation Only is no different, it’s not too deep, and the love story is really the best part.

The characters are sweet and lovable, and their personalities surprised me. Blake, who has lived in the lap of luxury since birth is timid and modest. While Jubilee, who fights for every opportunity to be on the stage, is bold and assertive. I love the contrast between them, and it really contributes to the bubbly and exciting dynamic in the book.

I wasn’t a fan of the miscommunication during the inevitable conflict, but did appreciate the resolution and conclusion. There’s quite a bit of reputation, such as the descriptions of Jubilee’s “lavender curls” and the fact that Blake looks like “Clark Kent”, which did feel overused. But as a whole, I really enjoyed this book!
I enjoyed the cruising aspect of this story - getting to visit ports I've been to before and exploring new ones that I'd like to visit.  Jubilee acts as a great tour guide, giving the reader just enough information to be intrigued without bogging us down with useless facts.  Blake is a lovably adorable rich boy who is a little awkward, making him more accessible for Jubilee, who never quite feels like she measures up because of his wealth.  This book teaches that under it all, we're all just people and we create the barriers that stop us.  Their courtship is believable.  The fight they have was predictable as was the ending but I enjoyed the ride.  This would be a great beach/cruise read.
Idk y'all. This just wasn't my cup of tea I guess. Like, they spent more time apart after the cruise than they actually spent together. And for the both of them having literally just come out of relationships (I know they weren't necessarily true love relationships, but Blake was going to get <i>married</i>)the speed that the relationship between Blake and Jubilee was just so fast. And then the ending just kind of... happened. Like, all at once.

I also found it annoying the way Jubilee kept repeating the same bit about Blake's money. I don't disagree that it wasn't a barrier between them/something they should talk about, but she literally just said the same thing like five different times and there was no actual conversation.

That being said, I liked the characters of Jubilee and Blake individually, but I just wasn't feeling the spark between them because it was just like ope- we're in love now! The way Nicks writes about the different places the characters visit was wonderful, though. I felt like I could see them in my head as clearly as a picture.
Netgalley has introduced me to so many great novelist and Mila Nicks is one of them. I read her Halloween paranormal romances and it was a treat. This one was the absolute, most perfect vacation beach read ever.  Jubliee is carefree and delightful, really balancing Blake out. I am not understanding other reviews about character chemistry! They  had great chemistry IMO
Sweet story! I loved Blake and Jubilee’s relationship and how the both developed. Loved how at the end they both got what they wanted. A sweet perfect summer read!
Thank you to the publisher for sending me an arc in exchange for an honest review.

I DNF'd around 40% or so. I didn't like the story or characters. the plot was too excessive and slightly boring.
Overall, For Vacation Only by Mila Nicks is a great mix of sweet and sexy. It’s something that you can read in one sitting or over a few days. A great summer read that will take you on a journey. The romance was adorable. And I loved that we slowly got to see Blake and Jubilee fall for one another. A perfect read for you if you are looking for a sweet romance with a little spice.
Looking for that Summer Read sure to leave you swooning and sailing into romance land. Look no further because For Vacation Only has you covered.
Ms.Nicks tells an amazing story with hilarious lines sure to leave you chuckling and some scenes leave you swooning perfect for anyone doubting love or a hopeless romantic like myself Prepare to Fall in love with Jubilee and Blake in this beautiful read is all i can type because I'm still mourning the end of this beautiful beautiful book.
It was a fun and Sweet romance novel! The main couple had great chemistry, but the Story Lost me a little in the middle. Maybe it was due To the reading slump I had in June. Jubilee was a great main character, but I got To admit that I liked the love interest, Blake, even more. He was the hot-but-a-bit-weird/quircky guy I love To read about. The miscommunication at the end was not my favorite though. I’ll be reading more from this author in the future, that’s for sure.
I received a copy of this novel as an advanced reader copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  This is a great short fun vacation read about finding unexpected love.
I absolutely adore Mila Nicks' writing style. She is great at incorporating real life issues as well as romance tropes.

We meet Blake after he is left at the altar by his fiance Val. Val runs off with some guy Trip. Blake is from an extremely wealthy family. His friends convince him to go on his 2 week cruise honeymoon alone. So he does. On this cruise, he meets Jubilee, a cruise entertainer, with an amazing voice. Blake instantly is entranced. The two take up a little affair while on the cruise and fall more in love each and every day. But will the difference in lifestyles mesh well or cause this cruise to be a sinking ship?

I love how Nicks built each character up individually and then together. She made sure to allow each character to face their own trials and then to face trials together. There was a little bit of steaminess, which was very realistic that made it intriguing. I loved the ending and also the villain that popped up a few times to cause strife. I cannot wait for the next book in the series!
This one has me hooked straight from the beginning. The voice was very strong and I loved the novel.

Blake and Jubilee had great chemistry and it was so fun getting to read their whirlwind romance. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a fun summer read.

Thank you to the publisher and to NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
'You're not my second choice or my first choice. You are my only choice"

This one was a perfect getaway that I desperately needed. A millionaire handsome charming guy falling for the ever so cheery and charming singer, what more do you want.

Full of cruise, traveling, food, swoon worthy romance, the author surely knows how to make the readers experience major FOMO.
This one had everything I needed. My new favourite book and I loved each and every part of it.

The chemistry between Blake and Jubilee was just *chef's kiss* They fit perfectly together and had so much understanding and love for each that you cannot help but love them.

The other characters like Dawson were so perfectly written and they blended so beautifully. A story of love, pursuing your dreams and how you can brave anything if you have the right person by your side.

I am in love with the author's writing and I cannot wait to read more from her. This was a perfect book for a rainy day with a coffee in hand. Loved it, just loved it.

Thank you Netgalley for the review copy. #ForVacationOnly #NetGalley
2.5 to 3 stars

This book lost me in Rome. I get the suspension of disbelief but as someone who lived in Rome, that was just not possible in any way.
Also, I kept waiting for the spark between our main characters and I couldn't find it.
This is not a bad book I just hoped for a lot more and didn't get it.
I wished the book itself was as amazing and beautiful as the cover was.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for the chance to read this book in exchange for an honest review
✨Is there somewhere I can sign up for a hot billionaire like this? Cause damn 🥵 I will sign up for that service immediately✨

As a future wh*re for nerdy men, I had the biggest crush on Clark Kent when I was a kid. And Henry Cavil’s existence just made that crush worse. Now imagine Bruce Wayne’s sexy billionaire vibe combined with Clark Kent’s nerdy wholesomeness, that was the hero. And by god was he in love with the heroine 😍

Tropes:
🥺 nerdy, wholesome, cinnamon roll billionaire hero
 🎤sweet, sunshine singer heroine (she gave me so many Eve Brown vibes at times) + she’s a badass Latina
🏖 atmospheric vacation romance on a cruise
❤️ “no one gets me like you” vibes
🥰hero pushes the heroine to achieve her dreams and is her biggest fan (this trope makes me melt 🥺)

Summary:
After getting jilted at the altar, Blake goes on his honeymoon alone and befriends Jubilee, a beautiful singer on the cruise ship and their friendship quickly becomes more than that.

This is such a sweet summery, vacation romance with the cutest, most “made for each other” kind of couple. They had fantastic chemistry and were written so realistically.

You know that feeling when you have been hanging out by the beach all day and come home after having a great time? Your skin is warm, your legs ache in the best way, you feel like you're glowing, and you just want to wrap up in a blanket and go to sleep after a nice cool shower. This was the feeling this book gave me. It was so wholesome, romantic, and glowy. It was just what I needed.

And just look at that cover 😍 The publishing industry needs to never stop coming out with beautiful covers like this. It is a perfect embodiment of what this book feels like.

I loved how both were flawed and were in desperate need of development. These two just completed each other. The trope where one MC is the other MC's biggest supporter and constantly pushes them to unlock their full potential makes me absolutely melt. This book was full of that trope. The heroine is a singer on the cruise ship they are on and the hero is constantly pushing her to achieve her dreams.

I could constantly go on about Blake. That man is so in love with Jubilee, it made my heart squeeze. Watching them fall in love with each other with their beautiful vacation destinations as a backdrop was absolutely amazing. I loved getting to travel and experience their romance with them.

I normally don’t like vacation romances because the MCs don’t take the relationship seriously because it’s “just a vacation fling.” That was not the case with the book and I was so thankful for that. Their relationship was so mature and beautiful. They were so supportive and loving, they didn’t let a vacation hold them back from being together 🥰

My only problem with the book was that I felt their conflicts were a little finicky and unnecessary because they did stem from miscommunication. The characters were showing a lot of maturity throughout the book so it was a little uncharacteristic in my opinion. I am not a fan of miscommunication-based conflicts.

If you are looking for a sweet, simple, feel-good, summer read, this is the book for you! Plus you’ll get to support a wonderful debut indie author 🙌🏼 This came out on June 11th. You have to pick this book up right now!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/ 5 stars | 🌶🌶/ 5 steam

Thank you to NetGalley, Victory Editing, and Mila Nicks for the opportunity to read this eARC in exchange for my honest opinion.
Holiday romance with an element of forced proximity, swoon worthy hero and a talented heroine? This was magical.