Cover Image: Once Upon a Royal Summer

Once Upon a Royal Summer

Once Upon a Royal Summer is a light contemporary romance between Lacey, a woman working at a Park as a Princess and Henry, an actual Prince. I listened to the audiobook and I have to say it was an easy read, it wasn't difficult to listen to it as I was doing chores at the same time. It was entertaining and a light story. However, it's not a story that will last in my memory.

(Thank you for letting me listen and review an ARC via Netgalley)
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

If there's one thing I love in this world, it's a good royal romance. And this one delivers.

Lacey is a princess...at a theme park. And she loves her job. Just not the skeptical dad she happened upon one day at her castle. Only Henry is no ordinary dad, but the crown prince of a European country who wanted to give his daughter a birthday to remember.

This is a fascinating romance that I loved and I know others who enjoy royal romances will love.

This book is appropriate for all ages.
Lacy's job is to dress up as Princess Sweet Pea at an amusement park called Once Upon A Time. One Day Lacy meets a Prince and Princess from a different country, unknown to her. At the end of a Royal Waltz attractions are developed. Lacy is tasked at work to show Prince Henry and Princess Rose around for the 4 days they will be visiting the theme park. I loved this book. The characters were so loveable, Lacey is relatable. I was hooked from the beginning, it's a fun, easy and fast read. This book made me laugh, made me feel sad at parts and made me root for the couple. This is the romance I look for, clean romance. Teri Wilson is new to me, I will definitely be looking at her other books. I highly recommend this book.
This audiobook was a treat. Lacey has her dream job of a theme park princess and the real Prince Henry wants to give his daughter a normal vacation before she must take on more royal duties  A genuine fairy tale ensues. This was sweet and funny. I enjoyed the narrator as she successfully and seamlessly navigates between British/American accents, male/female/juvenile characters. I would recommend this book to anyone who just wants a sweet story with a happy ending.
What a perfect summer beach listen! I loved the heart, humor and just all-around feel good nature of Once Upon a Royal Summer, and I'm looking forward to more from Teri Wilson in the future!

Lacey works as a princess at an amusement park, and the last thing she expects is to meet a real-life price! But she does. Henry is just a sweet, swoony, wonderful man and single father to the most adorable little real-life princess, Rose. From the moment they meet, there is such a connection not only between Henry and Lacey, but between Lacey and Rose as well.

I loved experiencing their relationship, their falling in love, their connection. And the narration by Brittany Pressley was a wonderful complement to the text. She really captured the spirit of the characters and the joy and emotion of story.
The narrator was so good .

The book itself , was romance but for like a middle schooler. It was so innocently immature.

The first part of the book was good, I was interested. But once they got to bellamores , things go so cookie cutter and dumb. Freaking about over a chocolate stain ? Really ? And then how quickly
These people fell in love !? I guess I expected it to be a clean romance, but not a childish one. I’d read this book to my nieces in elementary….
Once Upon a Royal Summer is a modern-day fairytale. It was such lighthearted fun which was exactly what I needed as a brand new mom. The second I read the synopsis, I knew I would love it. I love Hallmark movies and this book definitely fits their brand!

Lacey has found her dream job working as Princess Sweetpea at a popular fairytale theme park in Florida called Once Upon a Time. Henry is basically a real-life Prince Charming who brings his daughter Rose to America to celebrate her birthday. All he wants is for her to experience what it's like to be a regular little girl, even if it's only for a few days.
Can a chance encounter between a make-believe princess and a real-life prince lead to Happily Ever After? You'll have to read to find out!

This is a great summer read with a lovable cast of characters that takes place in a magical theme park AND features an incredibly sweet romance. What's not to like?
Not only did I love the main characters but the secondary characters as well. Most of all, I enjoyed the way the romance between Lacey and Henry develops and the bond Lacey forms with Rose.
I listened to the audiobook and the narration was fantastic.
Highly recommend if you enjoy Hallmark books/movies or if you're in the mood for a sweet, feel-good romance.
For a girl who loves Disney and has always dreamt of being a princess, Once Upon a Royal Summer was such a fun read.

Lacey plays Princess Sweet Pea at a popular fairytale theme park in southern Florida. When she meets a real Prince Henry of Bella-Mortiz pretending to be average American tourist with his daughter at the park.

I can’t decide which was sweeter, Lacey spending time with Henry and Rose at the theme park as their VIP guide, or Lacey in Bella-Mortiz for the Flower Festival.

Lacey is freaking adorable. I listened to Once Upon a Royal Summer on audiobook and listened to the whole thing in one sitting. It was such a great summer feel good read.
I LOVED this book.  I am one who really kind of likes a little bit of cheesiness when reading romance books and this offered the right amount without going over the top.  I would highly recommend this book who wants a good story that sticks with the Hallmark brand.
I really enjoyed the audiobook version of Once Upon a Royal Summer! It combines a sweet romance with all the romcom moments and fairytale references galore. The narrator did a fantastic job with the accents of a southern heroine and the posh Bella-Moritz royals.

Our heroine Lacey is likable and relatable, with her genuine heart for children and their dreams at the core of her motive to play a princess every day. I love how her growth in confidence comes naturally as a result of her interactions with Henry. And HENRY… he is princely perfection and a great dad, too! What is it about single dad heroes that inspire such tenderness?! His daughter, Rose, lives up to the beauty of her name and is absolutely endearing.

With references to classic princess tales, pop culture, and showcasing a unique side of theme park culture, Once Upon a Royal Summer is sweetly original. I recommend it to anyone looking for a quick and uplifting summer-y read. The close nods to Cinderella and the slight twist on the role of a fairy godmother are my favorite parts!

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the audiobook review copy.
Lacey is a princess by trade at a theme park that seems awfully similar to Disneyland. She adores her job and meeting all the guests, especially Henry who happens to be an actual prince of a small country.

Very G rated hijinks ensue and it was simply adorable. I hope Hallmark ends up making it into a movie.

Thanks to Hallmark publishing for my review copy. All opinions are my own.
Sometimes you need a book that you know will make you smile. This book is exactly what I needed. It is a delightful, feel-good PG romance that will leave you with a smile. Does this end with a happily ever after? Of course! This information is not a spoiler. But who does not love a perfect Cinderella story?
Lacey has her dream job working as a princess in a theme park but this does not seem to be good enough for her boyfriend who wants more from her.  She decides that a life with him is not the life she wants and soon after they break up, she meets Henry- a real-life prince.  This adorable romance will have you smiling from beginning to end.

Thank you NetGalley and Hallmark Publishing. All opinions are my own
Princess dreams sometimes do come true! ONCE UPON A ROYAL SUMMER is a heartwarming story of loss and love. And the fact that sometimes getting rid of a toad or two leads to a deliciously handsome prince. Fairytale romances born from theme park adventures make for the perfect Hallmark worthy read. Enjoyed this audio book from the very first word! Well done Teri Wilson!
Lacey has always wanted to be a fairytale princess after her mother fell ill as a child. Their ability to bring a smile to her face and bring hope was something that was a lasting memory sh would always remember. When she meets Henry and Rose, she feels and I sent connection and becomes their guide as Princess Sweetpea. Her rules as a princess were who Lacey truly was and provided just what Henry and Rise needed to bring some joy back into their lives beside a life of royal duties. Such a wonderful feel good romance!
Lacey is working her dream job as Princess Sweetpea at a popular Florida theme park.  She loves making the children she meets happy.  Henry, crown prince of Bella-Moritz, wants to give his 7-year-old daughter Rose some normal childhood experiences.  When he takes her to an American amusement park to celebrate her birthday, Henry feels a connection with Lacey that he hasn't felt since his wife died.  Could a make believe princess find true love with a real prince?

I think this is one of my favorite Hallmark books so far!  The story has all of the sweet sentimentality we have come to expect from Hallmark stories.  Who doesn't love a good fairy tale with a happily ever after?  Brittany Pressley did an excellent job narrating this book.

Many thanks to NetGalley for providing me an audio ARC of this book.
Really easy cute rom/com type book. Everything you would expect from a Hallmark movie, but in audiobook format! Great for passing the time but not having to focus on a super deep and complicated storyline. Thank you to NetGalley and Dreamscape Media for a copy of this audiobook for an honest review.
2.5 Stars Rounded Up

I received a reviewer audio review copy of Once Upon a Royal Summer by Teri Wilson from the publisher Hallmark Publishing from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

CW: Death of Parent

What It’s About: Lacey is living her dream being essentially a Disney Princess actress (well, okay it’s Princess Sweat Pea who works at an amusement park in Southern Florida, but you know…) and she has just been dumped by her boyfriend because she does not want to give up her job as a theme park Princess. Lo and behold, immediately after an undercover Prince takes his daughter (a Princess) to the amusement park.

This book is exactly what you would expect from Hallmark Publishing, this book is just so cheesy, it was fine and an easy distraction.  I liked that the character’s motivation for being a princess was to make sick kids happy.

Honestly, I don’t know how to review this book. This book was a Hallmark movie in book form. The storyline’s weren’t well developed and the relationship didn’t feel earned or like there was enough chemistry. I wish we could have seen a friendship and feel invested in the character. This book was simple and fluffy but that’s also what I expected.

Who Should Read This: People who love Hallmark Movies. People who love Disney. People who love Royals.

Quick Summary: A Princess actress who falls into her own Prince.
If you are someone who loves Hallmark Movies, especially ones with Princes who go undercover, or stories where a girl who lost her mom is bringing joy to others, then you should love this book.

First, the narrator did a great job acting this story out. Her voice was engaging and the different characters were nice to listen to.

Second, the story. Yes, it was a little predictable, but in the way of many romance stories - you know she will meet the prince and they will develop feelings and then they will have a happy ending (it is Hallmark, after all). The details in between were fun. The Princess was enthusiastic and did some cute things.

Lacey allows healing for the Princess and understands the hole she had in her heart from the death of her mom.

Overall, this was a 3.5/5 stars for me. A sweet story and an enjoyable listen.
Classic Hallmark Romance!
As this was being read to me- I could see it being played out! It was such a cute and classic story of girl meets boy, boy has crazy mom and they fall in love! 10/10 would recommend for a sweet romance and can't wait for this book to come out. Loved the narrator and her voices for the different characters which added a bit of depth to the story.
This story is cute and light. A quick read. It didn't wow me, but I definitely recommend to anyone who wants to read an easy romance. It would make a great beach read. The audiobook narrator is one of my favorites and she did a wonderful job as always.